Kali Nethunter on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1

Search This thread

Dev120

Mar 8, 2021
These are the error that I am facing! No hid interface detected! And monitoring mode not working also internet is not working on Kali Linux GUI version!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210308-212126_NetHunter.png
    Screenshot_20210308-212126_NetHunter.png
    533.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20210308-211702_NetHunter.png
    Screenshot_20210308-211702_NetHunter.png
    400 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20210308-211651_NetHunter.png
    Screenshot_20210308-211651_NetHunter.png
    557.9 KB · Views: 22

tutaf

May 17, 2019
Hii! I want to try Kali nethunter on my device but there are many bugs that I am facing my internet is not working in Kali not monitor mode is working!
Can you please make a nethunter ROM!please
Or give me a backup of your ROM KERNEL AND FIRMWARE THAT I can flash through TWRP !
Please!
PS. Currently I am using Android 10 corvus os and nethunter is not working!
Hi. Unfortunately, I can't make a ROM because of my poor skills in this domain. I'm not even a script kiddie. All that I've done is just building a ready kernel with some changes in config.

What about backup of rom, firmware and kernel, you can find them by yourself. I used kernel from this thread, firmware 082, stock rom 082. All you have to do is just install them and follow the guide. I hope you understand that it's not secure to share backup of my "data" partition, at least because there is my personal data, such as google account login credentials.

I can try to help you if you face any trouble following my guide, but I'm not going to do all the work for you. I've spent a lot of time on nethunter and now I'm really tired of it. I hope you understand me.

tutaf

May 17, 2019
These are the error that I am facing! No hid interface detected! And monitoring mode not working also internet is not working on Kali Linux GUI version!
What is the problem in the first screenshot?

To make hid interface work go to USB arsenal (check screenshot) and setup it.

Do you have an external wifi adapter or you want to use the built-in one?

What do you mean by Nethunter GUI? Connecting to VNC server using Nethunter KeX?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210308-183019046.jpg
    Screenshot_20210308-183019046.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 19

Dev120

Mar 8, 2021
Firstly thank you for your help and support!I really appreciate your work time and effort and understand your point!
So according I have installed firmware 082 and stock rom on android 9 082 version.
Now,I didn't knew how to set up Hid attack!thanks for sharing the screenshot!
Then talking about wireless adaptor I don't have one so will be using the built in one hence i am on stock rom now!
Previously when I tried monitor mode on android 10 my phone just got shut down!
And yes I was talking about kex and now it's working fine on this rom thank you for that !
I still have to check hid and monitor mode
Again I want to thank you for the kernel and your help and support!

Reactions: tutaf

tutaf

May 17, 2019
Firstly thank you for your help and support!I really appreciate your work time and effort and understand your point!
So according I have installed firmware 082 and stock rom on android 9 082 version.
Now,I didn't knew how to set up Hid attack!thanks for sharing the screenshot!
Then talking about wireless adaptor I don't have one so will be using the built in one hence i am on stock rom now!
Previously when I tried monitor mode on android 10 my phone just got shut down!
And yes I was talking about kex and now it's working fine on this rom thank you for that !
I still have to check hid and monitor mode
Again I want to thank you for the kernel and your help and support!
Monitor mode works on built-in adapter, but not too good. Your phone will shut down if you try to turn wifi back on when monitor mode is enabled. By the way, injections won't work

Last edited:
Reactions: Dev120

Dev120

Mar 8, 2021
Yes thank you sooo much now I am able to do hid attack and can turn on monitor mode!
All thanks to you!
Btw u r right monitor mode cause phone to shut down if I turn on wifi! I haven't tried capturing handshakes right now!
But the deauth attack in nethunter is not working for me! Is it working for you in the nethunter menu?

tutaf

May 17, 2019
Yes thank you sooo much now I am able to do hid attack and can turn on monitor mode!
All thanks to you!
Btw u r right monitor mode cause phone to shut down if I turn on wifi! I haven't tried capturing handshakes right now!
But the deauth attack in nethunter is not working for me! Is it working for you in the nethunter menu?
Deauth attack didn't work for me.

Dev120

Mar 8, 2021
Ok!thanks for letting me know!
Btw I have used ESP 8266 chipset with spacehun script to do deauth, beacon and probe attack on 2.4 ghz network it's easy!
And if in near future u modify the kernel to support deauth attack do let me know 😀
Thank you again😁😁

tutaf

May 17, 2019
hi again! i was using your kernel for almost a month now and its awesome btw did you get bluetooth aresonal work?and are you planning to make a v3 of this kernel? thanks
I tried to get bluetooth attacks to work, but I couldn't. Sorry, I'm not going to continue the development of this kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installing Nethunter
    1. Download and install magisk module called KaliNethunter
    2. Go to offensive security website and download generic arm64 nethunter image
    3. Extract and install following apps from downloaded archive: NetHunter.apk, NetHunterTerminal.apk.
    4. Extract kalifs-arm64-full.tar.xz on your phone.
    5. Open NetHunter app and grant permissions and root permission
    6. Open hamburger menu, select Kali Chroot Manager, select location where you had extracted kalifs-arm64-full.tar.xz and start installing chroot
    7. Wait some time (~10 minutes)
    8. Start chroot. Now you can use nethunter app and nethunter terminal app.

Enabling monitor mode on built-in wifi module
    0. I could not enable it on custom roms. On stock 082 it worked, but there are some problems. Contact me if you have any info about enabling monitor mode on roms except stock.
    1. Open nethunter app, go to custom commands
    2. Click run on "Start wlan0 in monitor mode"
    3. Now wlan0 is in monitor mode. I've tried capturing handshakes using airodump-ng, it worked. However, when I tried deauth attack using aireplay-ng, wlan0 was stuck on channel 0.
    4. Note that if you turn wifi on/off or try to disable monitor mode, your phone will turn off.
    5. Alternative way: you can enable monitor mode using other apps, like penmon. However, your phone will still turn off if you do anything to wlan0 while it is in monitor mode.

Using external wifi adapter
    0. Your wifi adapter must support monitor mode. External adapter won't work without a kernel that supports it. I've built one based on darkonah (many thaks to @travarilo ). Atheros HTC based adpaters are not supported!
    1. Flash the attached kernel (the latest version is NH_kernel_v2.zip).
    2. Now you can use your exernal adapter.

Enabling monitor mode on external adapter
    0. I only tested it with Alfa AWUS036NH (chipset ralink3070), but the instruction may be similar for other adapters
    1. First, let's install firmware for your wireless adapter
    Code:
    apt update
    apt upgrade
    apt install firmware-ralink
    2. Execute command iwconfig and check if your adapter is present there. For me it was displayed as wlan1
    3. Turn your adapter off and put it into monitor mode
    Code:
    ifconfig wlan1 down
    airmon-ng start wlan1
    4. Check airmon-ng output. It will say you that your adapter is now in monitor mode and will give you new adapter's name (for me it was wlan1mon)
    5. Now you can use monitor mode on your adapter (for example, to run airodump-ng)

P.S.: Do it at your own risk and don't use this info in illegal purposes. Only you are responsible for your actions.
    Firstly sorry for late reply! I had to reset my device since I was testing some android 11 rom and Thank you sooooo much for V2 of this kernel😃,usb/hid is working like a charm but I haven't tried bluetooth yet but will definitely try it soon since I don't know how to do it!
    Please continue the development of this kernel😅and remember you are a legend!
    Thank you again!
    Thank you very much sir! Really appreciate your work time and efforts!
    Just one small query about what rom and firmware are you using?
    Right now I'm using stock rom 082 (and fw 082, respectively), but it would be great if you tested this guide on any custom rom (if you are not going to use built-in wifi module. If you are, I recommend you to use stock rom)
    Ok thank you!
    I tried to get bluetooth attacks to work, but I couldn't. Sorry, I'm not going to continue the development of this kernel.
    no issues! thanks for your work it was a great kernel really enjoyed it!
    all the best!