Kang Vip Slim STF-L09 B333 by GAGUGA

Search This thread

Jack$

Dec 23, 2013
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LrdGZH3_VxbbwedTJnU-mVVZ0S6PBmtl/view
Update 8 to 8
1. Download the phone to the fastboot mode using the volume buttons "minus" and the cable usb
2. Run the bat file Replace_Recovery. in the HWOTA8 folder to flash the twrp of the recovery.
3. Disconnect the USB cable, use the volume plus buttons and power to boot into the TWRP.
4. Create the "HWOTA8" folder on the sdcard.
5. Put the archive hwota8_update.zip, STF_RECOVERY8_NoCheck.IMG and the three update archives (update.zip, update_data_public.zip and update_all_hw.zip) in the "HWOTA8" folder.
6. Install the hwota8_update.zip archive on the TWRP. The phone will reboot and install the update automatically.

Rollback from 8 android to 7
1. Place the updated firmware files 7 of the androids update.zip, update_data_public.zip and update_all_hw.zip in the HWOTA8 / repack folder.
2. Run the bat file "repack" to repackage the zip files. We will prepare our firmware
3. Create the folder "HWOTA8" on the SD card. (Without quotes)
4. Place the archive hwota8_update.zip, STF_RECOVERY8_NoCheck.IMG (from the HWOTA8 folder) and the three update archives (update.zip, update_data_public.zip and update_all_hw.zip (from the repack folder after repackaging)) to the "HWOTA8" folder on the map.
5. Boot into the TWRP
6. Install the hwota8_update.zip file which lies in the HWOTA8 folder on the CD-ROM to the TV. The phone will reboot into the recovery pool and install the update automatically.
7. After the rollback, boot into the drain of the recovery and make a reset
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DgEy1StnM0&feature=youtu.be

Hi gaguga,
thank you for this tip! I'm trying your solution but when phone reboot to recovery it says "Software installation failed. Package not found"

What I'm doing wrong?

Jack$

Dec 23, 2013
Do you have a HWOTA8 folder at your external sdcard's root?

Yes I have, and for test I've also copied HWOTA8 folder on internal storage, I've change the script but the error is the same

EDIT: My mistake was put update files (update.zip, ecc.) out of HWOTA8 folder, now it's works!

Only one problem, now I'm on Oreo build 338 but backlights and flash not working... Anyone have this problem?

Last edited:

angelobiz

May 2, 2012
Milan
Gaguga can you put here your twrp and right supersu for oreo of this post in pda? i cannot donwload from pda...
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=878711&st=20#entry68184369
the twrp_8.img in HWOTA package not have touch wroking un my phone

i have lost button and flash after upgrading oreo and put a root.... and i want try all before downgrade
update:
at the end i try to downgrade ... i had bricked phone... and solve whit three fingers way.... but so too much time need for do it

Last edited:

angelobiz

May 2, 2012
Milan

1. Place the updated firmware files 7 of the androids update.zip, update_data_public.zip and update_all_hw.zip in the HWOTA8 / repack folder.
2. Run the bat file "repack" to repackage the zip files. We will prepare our firmware
4. Place the archive hwota8_update.zip, STF_RECOVERY8_NoCheck.IMG (from the HWOTA8 folder) and the three update archives (update.zip, update_data_public.zip and update_all_hw.zip (from the repack folder after repackaging)) to the "HWOTA8" folder on the map.
5. Boot into the TWRP
6. Install the hwota8_update.zip file which lies in the HWOTA8 folder on the CD-ROM to the TV. The phone will reboot into the recovery pool and install the update automatically.

i try to rollback from 8 to 7 b120. i have done repack, but when i try to update i have a error.
i see that have a errore in repack update.zip ( in B120 and in B183),
hw and publick i think are ok
you can see pictures
where i wrong?
can you put a link for download a valid files (B120 is the best)
thankyou

Attachments

• update.JPG
    update.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 137
  • public.JPG
    public.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 137
  • hw.JPG
    hw.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 132

angelobiz

May 2, 2012
Milan
thanks... where can i found your program? i hope in english .-)
edit
I have found it in pda forum... but it in russian language,..... i cannot use it because dont know this language :(
now i trying to translate in english.... i have only problem... which is the name about 2 files .txt in directory? my Explorer dont want read the name.... illegibile charatcters.....

what you can say me about errore repacking update.zip file of B120? maybe because i have windows 10? 7zip is installed on mt computer
everyway, thanks for link for repacked files... they are b120 version?

Attachments

• update.JPG
    update.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

gaguga

Nov 1, 2014
thanks... where can i found your program? i hope in english .-)
edit
I have found it in pda forum... but it in russian language,..... i cannot use it because dont know this language :(
now i trying to translate in english.... i have only problem... which is the name about 2 files .txt in directory? my Explorer dont want read the name.... illegibile charatcters.....

what you can say me about errore repacking update.zip file of B120? maybe because i have windows 10? 7zip is installed on mt computer
everyway, thanks for link for repacked files... they are b120 version?
2 text files are just the names of the sections on 7 and 8 android in the phone
It's just for reference
On Windows 10 there may be problems with the operation of the program

Last edited:

angelobiz

May 2, 2012
Milan
I have finish the translate. THANK YOU GAGUGA!!!!!!!! VERY GREAT HELP FOR US!
only replace the original russian batch
the translation not have a 100% accuracy, and i cannot test all... ( i dont know russians and english.... but it is easy)
so who use it, have to be carefull.
if you found same errors or best translate, tell me.
it is the final tool for Honor 9 :) you can do all whit it :) whit oreo and nougat

Last edited:
Reactions: gaguga and oslo83

erimin5

Jul 26, 2016
Update 8 to 8
1. Download the phone to the fastboot mode using the volume buttons "minus" and the cable usb
2. Run the bat file Replace_Recovery. in the HWOTA8 folder to flash the twrp of the recovery.
3. Disconnect the USB cable, use the volume plus buttons and power to boot into the TWRP.
5. Put the archive hwota8_update.zip, STF_RECOVERY8_NoCheck.IMG and the three update archives (update.zip, update_data_public.zip and update_all_hw.zip) in the "HWOTA8" folder.
6. Install the hwota8_update.zip archive on the TWRP. The phone will reboot and install the update automatically.

5. Boot into the TWRP

i cant do the unpacking - keep hitting
ERROR:
Can't load module 7z.dll

i have tried installing 7zip, download the dll file into the HWOTA8 folder. but still cant !! :crying:

listo09

May 23, 2017
hi, is it a problem if I use version 3.2.1.0 "stf-twrp-zxz-0.3.img By zxz0O0" instead of using the twrp 3.1.1.1?

Where can I find the img file for the stock recovery? thanks :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you upload here the HWOTA8.rar for Honor 9?
    I can't download from PDA :(.
    Update 8 to 8

5. Boot into the TWRP
    I have finish the translate. THANK YOU GAGUGA!!!!!!!! VERY GREAT HELP FOR US!
    only replace the original russian batch
    the translation not have a 100% accuracy, and i cannot test all... ( i dont know russians and english.... but it is easy)
    so who use it, have to be carefull.
    if you found same errors or best translate, tell me.
    it is the final tool for Honor 9 :) you can do all whit it :) whit oreo and nougat
    Hi.
    Thanks for new rom.
    I have a question.
    How install this rom?
    First TWRP for Oreo,then rom?
    What about data from old version?
    Now i have Your modification B181.
    Regards.
    you should be on Oreo
    boot into twrp and flash archive
    after that return the recovery and make wipers in it
    boot into the system
    Hmm really wierd, but thats exactly why i didnt flash a custom rom for now. I want to have a rom where the main features a working as they should, some smaller bugs are not the problem. My last device was a xperia z3c the roms there were really good, to bad honor does not provide the hole code for the modders. If the Home button (just the hardware one?) does not work you cant use fingerprint unlock also?
    RROS is the only bigger Custom Rom where the FPS is working (on LineageOS and AOSPA it doesn't). The not working home button isn't that big of an issue for me because there are a lot of other ways to get to the homescreen when you've got root - or even set a fingerprint gesture so it will more or less behave as it should.
    But we are kind of off topic here. If you want to, we can continue about that on the RROS thread.