• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

KB2007 (T-Mobile) unlocking

Search This thread

Liftkit

I have done some searching on the forum about rooting the T-Mobile version of the OnePlus 8t and seeing road blocks when it comes to unlocking the device, that was this spring.... Has there since been methods found since then to unlock and root the kb2007? TIA!

Reactions: djphooka

Qnorsten

Mar 14, 2012
If you want to stay on T-Mobile rom you need to first get it sim unlocked with code/help from T-Mobile and then request a unlock token from oneplus to unlock bootloader.

Or you can use this modifed MSM tool to convert to the EU rom. But to be able to unlock bootloader you need to be sim unlocked (and you can only do that while on the T-mobile rom)

Liftkit

If you want to stay on T-Mobile rom you need to first get it sim unlocked with code/help from T-Mobile and then request a unlock token from oneplus to unlock bootloader.

Or you can use this modifed MSM tool to convert to the EU rom. But to be able to unlock bootloader you need to be sim unlocked (and you can only do that while on the T-mobile rom)
Thanks for the reply... I don't need to stay on t-mob rom. That being said how do i check if im sim unlocked? I suppose which ever way would be the most painless route to take would be ideal.

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
Also you can type this command adb shell
Code:
pm uninstall --user 0 com.qualcomm.qti.uim
then go into developer options and oem unlocking should be togglable.

djphooka

I received unlock from one plus, inserted and unlocked the bootloader.
I'm on 11.0.13.15.KB09CB.
Spent 4 hours getting twrp on & now can't load the custom boot img created in it from from oxygen updater (local option is not there.)
Is the the kb2007 just not root-able now?
Have been reading about flashing international firmware through fastboot but am confused of that process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liftkit

Daystars

Mar 4, 2011
I am using an KB2007.

Unlocking:
https://www.oneplus.com/unlock_token - To get your unlock token.
Command:

fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock_code.bin
fastboot oem unlock
select yes (reboot the device and wait for the wipe to complete)

Do you plan on keeping the stock firmware or an custom rom?

Assuming stock -
fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2_11-0-kebab-20210904-alpha.img
Select Advanced -> ADB Sideload
adb sideload Magisk-v23.0.zip (This depends on your version of Magisk or root pkg)
reboot system.

djphooka

Spent 4 hours getting twrp on & now can't load the custom boot img created in it from from oxygen updater (local option is not there.)
Have been reading about flashing international firmware through fastboot but am confused of that process.
Any incite on this too anyone please?

Daystars

Mar 4, 2011
Reactions: djphooka

djphooka

That MSM Tool did the trick, Thanks!

Now Havoc isn't installing ..fails at the end on install from twrp and their recovery.
Boot loops.
Had to redo the MSM tool in EDL because of it from different attempts. Ugh.
Havoc, or another nice slim/clean swift rom is my intended end result.
Do all ROMs "suggest" you use their recovery? Is TWRP still viable?
How's that Bliss rom & kernal @Daystars ?
Should that be easy for me to install now at this point?
Thanks for any more advice moving forward!

Last edited:

Daystars

Mar 4, 2011

Now Havoc isn't installing ..fails at the end on install from twrp and their recovery.
Boot loops.

I really like the Bliss Rom and Kernel, has all of the features I want. Good battery life and very very stable. Not sure why they didn't keep up with their listing in the rom's section though.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Boot loops.
Yeah, use TWRP, otherwise you'll need to dump the payload and manually flash most roms via fastbootd

Reactions: Lz3807775t

Daystars

Mar 4, 2011

Boot loops.

Not going to say all "ROMS" since that is an catch all. From what I have personally seen, if the "ROM" has an auto-update feature, it is going to use its own recovery.

Havoc and Bliss I think share an code base since their is some overlapping branding between the two.

Installing an rom from the zip file for the most part is pretty straight forward. Make sure you have the newest ADB / fastboot tools though, I had some issues installing things like Havoc and what not until I download the newest package from Google.

Liftkit

Not going to say all "ROMS" since that is an catch all. From what I have personally seen, if the "ROM" has an auto-update feature, it is going to use its own recovery.

Havoc and Bliss I think share an code base since their is some overlapping branding between the two.

Installing an rom from the zip file for the most part is pretty straight forward. Make sure you have the newest ADB / fastboot tools though, I had some issues installing things like Havoc and what not until I download the newest package from Google.
I've been reading thru this thread and it sounds like a boat load of work to just get away from t mobile and root. Im not a noob but I have no real time experience doing much of this. I have a general understanding of how Marjory of modifying Android software and im stuck with kb2007 so i need to figure something out. Not sure if this is the best route to take to eventually rooting... That said ive got sim unocked and oem unlocking is togglable in dev options but im stuck on how to get the unlock code thru fast boot as OP tells me there is only one version of fast boot via link from their website that will work to get the code? Idk

Daystars

Mar 4, 2011
I've been reading thru this thread and it sounds like a boat load of work to just get away from t mobile and root. Im not a noob but I have no real time experience doing much of this. I have a general understanding of how Marjory of modifying Android software and im stuck with kb2007 so i need to figure something out. Not sure if this is the best route to take to eventually rooting... That said ive got sim unocked and oem unlocking is togglable in dev options but im stuck on how to get the unlock code thru fast boot as OP tells me there is only one version of fast boot via link from their website that will work to get the code? Idk

If you have the unlock token from one plus the command is

fastboot oem unlock

Lineage OS Recovery Link

ADB Link:
https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools#downloads (This is the version from Google)

One Plus Link: Request the unlock token here

Liftkit

fastboot oem unlock

Lineage OS Recovery Link

ADB Link:
https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools#downloads (This is the version from Google)

fastboot oem unlock

Lineage OS Recovery Link

ADB Link:

ok, but on the OP website it asks for an unlock code when filling out the device information. What are they referring to? A code i have to get thru fastboot?

Liftkit

ok, but on the OP website it asks for an unlock code when filling out the device information. What are they referring to? A code i have to get thru fastboot?

fastboot oem unlock

Lineage OS Recovery Link

ADB Link:

Screenshot_20211110-194752.jpg
This is what i was referring to. Not sure how to obtain this to submit it to get unlock "token"

EDIT: Im aware it says 6T, it asks for the unlock code for 8T too......

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Boot loops.
    Yeah, use TWRP, otherwise you'll need to dump the payload and manually flash most roms via fastbootd
    I have done some searching on the forum about rooting the T-Mobile version of the OnePlus 8t and seeing road blocks when it comes to unlocking the device, that was this spring.... Has there since been methods found since then to unlock and root the kb2007? TIA!
    Any incite on this too anyone please?

That is an article on using the MSM Tool to rebrand your device. You will need to install the Qualcomm Drivers first though.

Boot loops.