[KDZ] H950PR 5.1.1 compatible with ATT H950 with Video!!!

Search This thread

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
Update 09/05/15 New User have to choose
H950PR will work if your upgrade from ATT 5.0.1 to PR 5.1.1, But if you try from ATT 5.1.1 to PR 5.1.1 will brick your device
Root your H950PR HERE

Hey guys, many of you have trouble upgrading to 5.1.1, or have a soft bricked phone or just want to have the international firmware (beacuse everybody knows att sucks!!!)
Well Great News, there is a variant H950PR (Puerto Rico) is compatible with us H950 with the same LTE Bands :D

This is from G4 Forum:

Currently if you have an AT&T H810 there's not offical AT&T TOT. BUT either if you need to go back to stock OR would like to run international firmware you CAN flash the H810PR (Puerto Rico) Firmware on your AT&T H810 either to go back to stock OR would like to have a FULL international experience.

Video
video by @thebest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOzs7rsUqfI video by @bemeadows

Download Link
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW4F53K132I7A4W75FA7N41/H950PR15a_00.kdz

Tool and Guide
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2797190

Tips
***Remove the Sim Card and Micro SD
***Copy the KDZ file into LG flash tool folder... Run the programm like Administrator
***If you get "connection to server failed... try again in a moment". That's normal... Move the window (don't press ok or close the windows) you'll see it actually flashing, only wait to your phone reboot
Capture_zpskoiarlfm.png

For those that already flash H950PR but wanted to get LTE access like stock..

Code:
Dial 277634#*# in dialer
Open the menu
Go into Field Test > Modem Settings>LTE band Selection>Band 17
Back
HTML:
Then go to RAT selection 
Select GSM/WCDMA/LTE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like my work, buy me a donut
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...bn=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donate_SM.gif:NonHosted

Last edited:

Alex_XV6700

May 29, 2008
Tegucigalpa
This is great news for H950 users.
As an avid LG user I would recommend not to update with this firmware.
And here´s a little story to back this up:
I bought an LG D850PR version.
I accidentally flashed a tmo (D851) firmware to it.
It got absolutely bricked (no download, recovery, fastboot) (qualcomm 9008), to the point that even using the stock AT&T 10b or 20a tot of KK and LP will not revive the phone.
I used almost every single method to unbrick it (boarddiag, QPST, any flashtool you name it).
So if you mess up and your phone gets Qualcomm 9008 you´re done (Game Over).
Also I am overseas so my phones got no warranty at all and I have a lovely bricked D850PR.

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
This is great news for H950 users.
As an avid LG user I would recommend not to update with this firmware.
And here´s a little story to back this up:
I bought an LG D850PR version.
I accidentally flashed a tmo (D851) firmware to it.
It got absolutely bricked (no download, recovery, fastboot) (qualcomm 9008), to the point that even using the stock AT&T 10b or 20a tot of KK and LP will not revive the phone.
I used almost every single method to unbrick it (boarddiag, QPST, any flashtool you name it).
So if you mess up and your phone gets Qualcomm 9008 you´re done (Game Over).
Also I am overseas so my phones got no warranty at all and I have a lovely bricked D850PR.
I bricked my phone too, H950, it was my first time flashing a KDZ, and I did something wrong, I sent my phone to LG

But when my phone comes back, I will try again, or someone can try like last option before to send it to LG

I prefer have a kdz/tot for make a clean install, and it is h950pr to h950, not h955 to h950

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Alex_XV6700

May 29, 2008
Tegucigalpa
I know... My phone was D850PR and the problem is there is no tot to extract the files from. Only KDZ format so I cant repair my phone with the original KK D850 files. Nothing happens it doesnt boot to fastboot or download. So I wouldnt suggest the flashing.

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
I know... My phone was D850PR and the problem is there is no tot to extract the files from. Only KDZ format so I cant repair my phone with the original KK D850 files. Nothing happens it doesnt boot to fastboot or download. So I wouldnt suggest the flashing.

I just check and see that you have LGD850PR20A.KDZ, why you cant extract the files? I did it, I extracted from 950PR.KDZ some files like boot.img, laf.img recovery.img etc.... the reason why I cant use all the programs you said, is because the AP chipset is not supported (SP810 MSM8994) but the G3 is supported (MSM8974AC).

I know its hard to find information about it..... I hope someday we can get a tool that can fix

Well, that was my experience and I got brick

Last edited:

Alex_XV6700

May 29, 2008
Tegucigalpa
Boarddiag uses .mbn files.
How would you extract .img files from a KDZ.
Cause with LG Firmware Extractor you extract .bin files and only system.img
Boarddiag cant use KDZs because they extract in too long or too short files and with wrong extensions and weird names.
I even paid for online remote repair and the dude said its weird that with D950 normal files we couldnt repair. My phone is clean esn too.

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
Boarddiag uses .mbn files.
How would you extract .img files from a KDZ.
Cause with LG Firmware Extractor you extract .bin files and only system.img
Boarddiag cant use KDZs because they extract in too long or too short files and with wrong extensions and weird names.
I even paid for online remote repair and the dude said its weird that with D950 normal files we couldnt repair. My phone is clean esn too.

I downloaded the SRKTools and tried to find the code to flash the partition and I found this
Code:
rename_to_bin.bat
rename_to_img.bat
So I think it use the .bin files and only rename it to .img..... same like LG Firmware Extractor, it merge all the system.bin files and rename it to .img
That was my conclusion... :p

It is hard to fix a QHSUSB_BULK, but you got Qualcomm 9008 AKA Super Bricked Mode XD same like me, for that we have to fix the corrupt bootloader, but I said F*** it lol Warranty!!

Last edited:

Alex_XV6700

May 29, 2008
Tegucigalpa
Haha lucky you, you have warranty. As I told you earlier I was left with a beautiful brick. Im waiting for the arrival of an Octopus Box, its got integrated Jtag. So I hope I can help others if I manage to unbrick mine. For now I'm really really pleased with Flex2 its an amazing phone.

kiscvik

May 16, 2014
SO i can try with this kdz?

Sorry i didnt understand. I can use this kdz to update h950 att to a stock and clean rom?
Or maybe i can get brick my phone? Thank you.

kiscvik

May 16, 2014
I know how to flash but no in LG.

Both lol, you can use it to upgrade but be careful, only do it if you know how to flash or you did before because if it fail then game over xD

I know how to flash but its my first time on LG, So it works perfect? Its android 5.1.1? Thank you.|

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
Sorry You already do it and all goes good? Thank you i wanna be sure.

read the post above.... I bricked my phone and sent it to LG because if you do it wrong... you will get super bricked mode with no solution ATM

The reason why I failed..... I tried under Windows 10, I had an official LG tool installed (I should first unistall it) and was my first time flashing a KDZ.... I repeat if you know how to do it then Go ahead

Last edited:

kiscvik

May 16, 2014
read the post above.... I bricked my phone and sent it to LG because if you do it wrong... you will get super bricked mode with no solution ATM

The reason why I failed..... I tried under Windows 10, I had an official LG tool installed (I should first unistall it) and was my first time flashing a KDZ.... I repeat if you know how to do it then Go ahead

SO you will do it again? or you know if some one do it?, i dont wanna brick my phone jajaja thanks

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
SO you will do it again? or you know if some one do it?, i dont wanna brick my phone jajaja thanks

hey, talking with @joseacuna, he said me:
I already tried that kdz before finding your tool and it is not compatible with the h950, I can't even finish the setup guide, it restarts in the middle. I did also tried flashing yours with that kdz in it and no success at all

So... I think it's not working at all... I will try to find other KDZ.... Or dump all the partitions from the g Flex and make and script.... but it is a lot of work and I dont have my flex right now...:crying:

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
That link is for the G4, not the G Flex 2.. Are you telling him to flash that? Am I missing something?

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk

yes, that is the G4 forums and like I posted "ATT G4 (H810) users can use the KDZ for Puerto Rico Edition (H810PR) because it has the same LTE bands to work"..... So we have the ATT Flex 2 (H950) users, in theory, we can use the Puerto Rico KDZ (H950PR) cause it is the same hardware and software

Read the op, I posted that link like a guide, the kdz file is in the first post

Last edited:
Reactions: Tikerz

exerostasis

Feb 9, 2015
Has anyone tried?

I'm wondering if anyone has tried and succeeded in flashing this on a h950. I see people have failed but don't see where anyone has said it worked.

exerostasis

Feb 9, 2015
Need stock KDZ for h950

If there is a way to create a kdz from a phone running stock firmware i'm running stock still so if you tell me how to create one i will.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 09/05/15 New User have to choose
    H950PR will work if your upgrade from ATT 5.0.1 to PR 5.1.1, But if you try from ATT 5.1.1 to PR 5.1.1 will brick your device
    Root your H950PR HERE

Hey guys, many of you have trouble upgrading to 5.1.1, or have a soft bricked phone or just want to have the international firmware (beacuse everybody knows att sucks!!!)
    Well Great News, there is a variant H950PR (Puerto Rico) is compatible with us H950 with the same LTE Bands :D

This is from G4 Forum:

Currently if you have an AT&T H810 there's not offical AT&T TOT. BUT either if you need to go back to stock OR would like to run international firmware you CAN flash the H810PR (Puerto Rico) Firmware on your AT&T H810 either to go back to stock OR would like to have a FULL international experience.

Video
    video by @thebest
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOzs7rsUqfI video by @bemeadows

Download Link
    http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW4F53K132I7A4W75FA7N41/H950PR15a_00.kdz

Tool and Guide
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2797190

Tips
    ***Remove the Sim Card and Micro SD
    ***Copy the KDZ file into LG flash tool folder... Run the programm like Administrator
    ***If you get "connection to server failed... try again in a moment". That's normal... Move the window (don't press ok or close the windows) you'll see it actually flashing, only wait to your phone reboot
    Capture_zpskoiarlfm.png

For those that already flash H950PR but wanted to get LTE access like stock..

Code:
    Dial 277634#*# in dialer
    Open the menu
    Back
    HTML:
    Then go to RAT selection 
    Select GSM/WCDMA/LTE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you like my work, buy me a donut
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...bn=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donate_SM.gif:NonHosted
    Short tutorial

Hello all,

I just got my phone from the ebay deal and I flashed it with the PR 5.1.1 firmware right away. Didn't even try to use it on 5.0.1.
    Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to flash it:
    1. Install drivers
    filename = LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN311AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.11.3

2. Extract LG Flash Tool
    filename = LG Flash Tool 2014.zip

3. Copy the KDZ file into LG flash tool folder
    filename = H950PR15a_00.kdz

4. Power off phone

5. Hold volume up on phone while connecting USB cable to PC

6. Start LG Flash Tool

7. Select KDZ file

8. Click CSE Flash

9. Click Start

10. Select "English"

11. Click OK

New window will appear, wait for flashing to complete. LG Flash Tool will crash at the end

Go through all of the prompts that typically show up on first boot

Setup LTE as described in this thread (copied here)

Dial 277634#*# in dialer
    Open the menu
    Back

Then go to RAT selection
    Select GSM/WCDMA/LTE

Also, I'm on cricket, so I entered the AP settings as described on their site.

Few more thoughts:
    During flashing, there was some spanish language visible on screen at some point. When you see the "LG Welcome" screen in English, that's when the phone is ready for use. And yes it rebooted like 3 times, although I didn't really keep track. The whole process took 5-10 minutes. I forgot to run the LG Flash tool as administrator, but it seemed to not matter. When using the LG Flash tool, do not click the "Read phone info" button, it will make the program crash.

Now, my question:

AFTER I flashed the 5.1.1, my phone runs incredibly hot, especially around the camera. It stays hot even when screen is off. I powered it off and let it cool, then turned it back on again, and it got really hot again. Of course, along with this, battery drains really fast. Does anyone else have this problem? What will happen if I do a factory reset on this PR 5.1.1 firmware?
    I will play around with it for few more days, but as it is now, the phone is unusable. Any advice will be appreciated.
    Uploading the rootedsystem

This is a sprint only menu

---------- Post added at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

If you don't mind could you please list the steps to enable 4G LTE in detail

Here's what worked for me. I typed in my APN settings first from Cricket Wireless. Next, opened the dialer and typed 277634#*# From there you get the hidden menu. I selected Field Test > Modem Settings > Network Mode > Automatic. It sticks in between reboots and falls back to 3G sometimes when I'm out of LTE service area. Now I'm curious about one thing. See the screenshot. "Enable OEM Unlock"