• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Keep iPhone 12 pro max or F3?

Search This thread

Damian

Mar 7, 2009
I was using iPhones since first model been released. I had Fold 1 and that was awesome phone for me but had no IPX* and I have to sell it.
Now fold is certified with IPX8 and I just got it for over a week. Probably never go back to iPhone.

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Personal opinion?
I have the 12 pro max (13 pro max getting delivered on friday) and a fold 3.

Having said that, I still reach for my iphone 12 pro max. There's fundamental reasons for that as I have mostly all apple devices (macbook pro, apple watch, apple tv, ipad pro, air tags, home pod, airpods pro, airpods max) and the synergy between the devices can't be beat on android. Samsung makes an attempt nowadays, but there's some problems in that department.

The Galaxy fold 3 is probably the best ereader I've ever had though on the large screen. But the main issues I have with the device are ones due to android - I can't fault Samsung for enforcing adoption of their screen resolution/user experience to all developers. It's not going to happen.

The front display, while decent, you can't get much work done. It's frustrating to use.

I guess YMMV - if I didn't buy it for a steal I would've returned it. But I'm happy with keeping it. Maybe the pixel fold will be more my speed. Who knows

Reactions: ronaldheld

Osimma

Apr 14, 2021
imo if the fold doesn't immediately jump out at you as "the phone", especially after using it, i wouldn't go for it. its expensive and has its quirks. i got 1000 off by trading in my old phone, i don't think its worth it full price. i was going to wait for used ones but got lucky. personally i've wanted a folding phone since the first fold, and once they added the spen support and an under display camera, i was sold. i used a oneplus one for 5 years, then a oneplus 7 pro for 2, i'm hoping to stick with the fold 3 for at least 4 years.

Reactions: ronaldheld

Xeon

Nov 15, 2004
Beirut
I've been using my F3 for 3 days; Coming from the Note 10+ I still miss my old dead phone.
I needed a Samsung flagship device that supports dual physical SIMs and a Snapdragon cpu.

I was a Sony Xperia fan long time ago before they stopped selling the brand in my region.

Decided to give it a try after all the hype and so far my experience has been okay. I'm not in love yet but I see it coming.

Will I recommend it to a friend? probably not as I don't think the fold 3 is a daily driver phone yet.

It's big and heavy not to mention the S-pen case that adds additional bulkiness... The front screen is ultra narrow and yes the internal screen is awesome but it's does have major flaws like the very annoying crease in daylight ( at least to me ) and the unusual aspect ratio that makes most of the apps display less but bigger content. I works great for browsing and mailing but not much for most of the other stuff.

I will keep my phone and enjoy the exclusive experience it offers but if you're looking for a phone that does everything easily without complexity look somewhere else.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was using iPhones since first model been released. I had Fold 1 and that was awesome phone for me but had no IPX* and I have to sell it.
    Now fold is certified with IPX8 and I just got it for over a week. Probably never go back to iPhone.
    Personal opinion?
    I have the 12 pro max (13 pro max getting delivered on friday) and a fold 3.

Having said that, I still reach for my iphone 12 pro max. There's fundamental reasons for that as I have mostly all apple devices (macbook pro, apple watch, apple tv, ipad pro, air tags, home pod, airpods pro, airpods max) and the synergy between the devices can't be beat on android. Samsung makes an attempt nowadays, but there's some problems in that department.

The Galaxy fold 3 is probably the best ereader I've ever had though on the large screen. But the main issues I have with the device are ones due to android - I can't fault Samsung for enforcing adoption of their screen resolution/user experience to all developers. It's not going to happen.

The front display, while decent, you can't get much work done. It's frustrating to use.

I guess YMMV - if I didn't buy it for a steal I would've returned it. But I'm happy with keeping it. Maybe the pixel fold will be more my speed. Who knows
    imo if the fold doesn't immediately jump out at you as "the phone", especially after using it, i wouldn't go for it. its expensive and has its quirks. i got 1000 off by trading in my old phone, i don't think its worth it full price. i was going to wait for used ones but got lucky. personally i've wanted a folding phone since the first fold, and once they added the spen support and an under display camera, i was sold. i used a oneplus one for 5 years, then a oneplus 7 pro for 2, i'm hoping to stick with the fold 3 for at least 4 years.
    Considering how long i've been on these forums, i never thought that i'd be saying this...but the iPhone 12 Pro Max is the best phone that i've ever owned.