Keep wifi connection alive in standby

kmeta

Mar 7, 2008
Hi
This is work but afther soft reset system replace it:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\BCMSDDHD1\Parms]
"HTCKeepWifiOnWhenUnattended"=dword:00000001

Any ideas how to fix it, beouse MSN and other programs start to use 3G when phone is standby.

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
my device keeps WiFi on even in standby out of the box. it will only shut WiFi off when I manually turn it off. it came like this out of the box.

profahmad

Sep 8, 2006
I have a T-Mobile HD2 and as default wifi isn't active during standby. The registry key works but a soft reset will revert it to '0', so I wrote the following simple Mortscript and placed a shortcut to it in the /Windows/Startup folder (place the file on your device and using the file explorer copy and 'paste shortcut' into the startup folder). It works well.

You will of course need to install Mortscript for this to work.

Attachments

danfrater

Dec 1, 2009
yippee wifi stays connected

my htc hd2 outta the box stayed connected to wifi until i told it to disconnect, after installing a few programs and tweaking the reg etc and after a hard reset i noticed this wouldnt stay connected, annoying!

thanks for this little tweak you have, it works great and the only thing have found to work properly.

regards:)

kensong

Nov 26, 2007
I have a T-Mobile HD2 and as default wifi isn't active during standby. The registry key works but a soft reset will revert it to '0', so I wrote the following simple Mortscript and placed a shortcut to it in the /Windows/Startup folder (place the file on your device and using the file explorer copy and 'paste shortcut' into the startup folder). It works well.

You will of course need to install Mortscript for this to work.
Thanks, I will give this a go.

kensong

Nov 26, 2007
Working nicely. Many thanks. Much better than the other Mortscript solution "Don'tSleep" which still drains battery because screen is on while connected.

profahmad

Sep 8, 2006
No problem. I didn't come across the other mortscript fix and the wifi switching off was doing my head in. Glad there's a simple registry key.

profahmad

Sep 8, 2006
Copy the file to any location on your phone or storage card, then using the file explorer highlight it and select 'copy', then navigate to /Windows/Startup and paste shortcut (not simply 'paste').

Am I missing the point: is the /Windows/Startup folder not showing on your device?

juancotton

Jan 5, 2010
Thanks for creating and sharing this script. It works great if I simply run it after startup, but for some reason it is not executing automatically on startup. I followed your instructions and have a shortcut to the script (which I stuck in My Documents) in /Windows/Startup. I installed MortScript to my device as well. I have an ATT Tilt 2. Is there something more I need to do, perhaps with MortScript, to get the script to run at startup?

ainatar

Jul 2, 2008
Thanks for creating and sharing this script. It works great if I simply run it after startup, but for some reason it is not executing automatically on startup. I followed your instructions and have a shortcut to the script (which I stuck in My Documents) in /Windows/Startup. I installed MortScript to my device as well. I have an ATT Tilt 2. Is there something more I need to do, perhaps with MortScript, to get the script to run at startup?
Are you sure you are putting it in the right folder? On my phone I have to put it in /Windows/Autostart.

juancotton

Jan 5, 2010
Disregard - appears to be user error. Works great :D

Si6776

Dec 29, 2009
Can I just make sure I've got this right? You install the MortScript cab file, which then appears in the Start menu, yes? Then, is it the little Wifi zip file you have to create a shortcut to, and do you have to unzip it first?

profahmad

Sep 8, 2006
Can I just make sure I've got this right? You install the MortScript cab file, which then appears in the Start menu, yes? Then, is it the little Wifi zip file you have to create a shortcut to, and do you have to unzip it first?
Yeah, install Mortscript for the functionality but you won't need to do anything with it after that. Unzip the wifi script anywhere on the device and place the shortcut in the startup folder.

Si6776

Dec 29, 2009
That's what I did and kept getting an error message on boot up, something like, "The file 'Mortscript' cannot be opened. Either the app is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one or more components cannot be found."