• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

Kenzo LCD on Kate

stephendt0

Apr 9, 2012
QLD, Australia
Yeah wow, looks pretty shoddy, but considering I don't see repair parts for the special edition anywhere, I don't think we'd have a choice. I guess with a case on it afterwards you probably wouldn't be able to tell anyway. Quick question - have you compared the connectors of the backlight for the Kenzo and Kate? Is there any difference? Wonder if it might be software related?

veisen

Jan 17, 2006
Yeah wow, looks pretty shoddy, but considering I don't see repair parts for the special edition anywhere, I don't think we'd have a choice. I guess with a case on it afterwards you probably wouldn't be able to tell anyway. Quick question - have you compared the connectors of the backlight for the Kenzo and Kate? Is there any difference? Wonder if it might be software related?
no it isnt lcd and digitizer is same

Giegl

Feb 23, 2013
Has anybody tried replacing both the screen and the backplate? If we're lucky we only have to change both and then have no 2mm gap between display and housing.

Rosendero_Suomi

Apr 18, 2017
Another update... I talked to the people at Cellspare.com and they say that they should have stock again within two months. A long time to wait for parts :/

I have just ordered it, it was available for the gold one at least. Previous to the payment I calculated shipping cost to Finland with my address and it was 0€, it said also the delivery time was 7-10 days. After they´ve received the payment (39,42€), they sent an e-mail with the real delivery time: 11/05. So from 7-10 days to 23 days...

I will have time to check some youtube videos about LCD replacement and decide if I will do it by myself, meanwhile I´m already asking for budget is some shops... I´m not quite slick about assemblings/ replacements.

Rosendero_Suomi

Apr 18, 2017
Do you have a complete video of assembling screen?
A good solution to rescue cell phone!
I have seen many videos, and for me the best one is one from Hon..buy mobile shop (hope you know the youtube channel I mean as I can´t post links yet!)

It´s quite clear and you can perfectly see every single action.