[KERNEL][03-March-2015][SHIELD-TABLET-WWLTE/USLTE/WI-FI][OC-CPU+GPU/UV/FIOPS/XZ/ETC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
I got a million FCs with this new one. Completely unusable, I tried clearing dalvik, fixing permissions etc and nothing helped. Also wifi doesn't seem to be able to connect but I could barely even test anything since everything kept closing.

Bugs????
1. From terminal/command line adb pull /proc/last_kmsg
2. Upload to pastebin/gdrive/devhost
3. Link the uploaded file in this thread along with the description about the issue.

From the OP, cant do much without a log.

Gil Smash

Jan 14, 2011
From the OP, cant do much without a log.
I'll try and grab a log for you when I get home, sorry not trying to hate on you or anything just a word of warning. I'm out right now and flashed this like a dumbass with no backup and just wanted to let people know. Keep a backup! Don't be like me!

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
I'll try and grab a log for you when I get home, sorry not trying to hate on you or anything just a word of warning. I'm out right now and flashed this like a dumbass with no backup and just wanted to let people know. Keep a backup! Don't be like me!
The issue that exists is most likely caused by:
The system was mounted by recovery upon boot before installing zip, which is read only system, in this condition the files cannot be copied to the system, which would cause these issues.
This is noted in the kernel release post
But yes do provide logs

Gil Smash

Jan 14, 2011
The issue that exists is most likely caused by:
The system was mounted by recovery upon boot before installing zip, which is read only system, in this condition the files cannot be copied to the system, which would cause these issues.
This is noted in the kernel release post
But yes do provide logs
I saw that, it's not listed as mounted in TWRP. How else would I know if it were mounted?

xanthrax

Retired Senior Moderator - Vampire
no FC issues whatsoever but I've noticed a drastically decrease of the responsiveness, sound glitches, global low performance comparing to v1 with no matter what governor
I'll give another try, switching to optimized from power control prior flashing not after as I've done it first
The minimum cpu freq doesn't stick below 1224 or trickster doesn't match properly with this kernel /Tablet
I'll be back
I'm using the latest stock 2.2.1, twrp 2.8.5 multirom
sent from my Darkside of SHIELD Tablet

Last edited:

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
no FC issues whatsoever but I've noticed a drastically decrease of the responsiveness, sound glitches, global low performance comparing to v1 with no matter what governor
I'll give another try, switching to optimized from power control prior flashing not after as I've done it first
The minimum cpu freq doesn't stick below 1224 or trickster doesn't match properly with this kernel /Tablet
I'll be back
I'm using the latest stock 2.2.1, twrp 2.8.5 multirom

Thatll be fixed on next update, if you set the shield power control to optimized you can set the minimum cpu freq

Edit: Fix: http://d-h.st/39Ul

Last edited:

xanthrax

Thatll be fixed on next update, if you set the shield power control to optimized you can set the minimum cpu freq

Edit: Fix: http://d-h.st/39Ul
just re-flashed v1.1 with optimized set up prior flash
the freq stays at the value I want {51000} that's cool but screen responsiveness is the same, I barely can write something...
I'll give a try to the fix right now
which log do you prefer, dmesg, last_ksm? in case of, you know, more complains [emoji4]...

jdenman03

Aug 6, 2008
Indianapolis
I know someone else mentioned this already but I second implementing dt2w functionality. At least have the option for it. I HATE our power button with a passion and I've ran numerous versions of the elemental x kernels on other devices and loved the dt2w feature. Its usually very minimal battery drain.

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
I know someone else mentioned this already but I second implementing dt2w functionality. At least have the option for it. I HATE our power button with a passion and I've ran numerous versions of the elemental x kernels on other devices and loved the dt2w feature. Its usually very minimal battery drain.

+1 I have to agree with you, I not a big fan of the power button either, it isn't impossible to do, I have taken a look into this and have done some work on it but with my current schedule I'm too busy to release anymore updates for now

I have tested audio and using FIOPS reduces the audio glitch compared to other schedulars. I have an idea on whats causing it but as i have said before right now is a busy time so there wont be an update anytime soon

Reactions: xanthrax

xanthrax

I'm facing the same problem... I've flashed the stock kernel 2.2.1 but still the same.
Im afraid that we must try to dirty flash the stock ROM, the latest one and root and flash recovery again if you need
The tablet touch doesn't respond after few minutes of deep sleep but I'm not sure whether is related to this kernel or some leftovers from another one, I tried pichu kernel as well before this one

Last edited:
Reactions: Käsebrot

Käsebrot

Aug 18, 2013
Leipzig
I'm facing the same problem... I've flashed the stock 2.2.1 but still the same.
Im afraid that we must try to dirty flash the stock ROM, the latest one and root and flash recovery again if you need
The tablet touch doesn't respond after few minutes of deep sleep but I'm not sure whether is related to this kernel or some leftovers from another one, I tried pichu kernel as well before this one

So, flashed the newest stock Rom and SuperSu, cleared cash and dalvik. All is fine.

Reactions: xanthrax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WELCOME

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY DAMAGE OCCURS TO YOUR DEVICE USING THIS KERNEL

Supported Device Versions:
    World Wide LTE
    US LTE
    WI-FI

Features:
    V1.1
    (Requirements - Busybox, Su)
    Removed interactive default
    increase read ahead to 3MB
    Allow HD video playback with miricast
    Enabled multicast ip support
    Implemented KEXEC
    Implemented CIFS (module)
    Implemented ASYNC FSYNC
    init.d support (Unfinished/not-working) Can use universal init.d from playstore
    Basic CPU control script under /etc/init.d
    Basic GPU control script under /etc/init.d

V1.0
    CPU Overclock 2.5Ghz
    GPU Overclock 900mhz
    CPU Undervolt
    GPU Undervolt
    FIOPS default
    XZ Compression/Decompression
    WIFI Speed Increase
    Supports USB Storage Devices
    Hardware Accelerated AES
    SHA512
    Parallel Encrypt/Decrypt
    PS3 Controller Support
    Thermal Governors (Default Step-Wise)
    DevFreq Governors

Installation:
    1. Download kernel zip file
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Install zip file

Bugs????
    1. From terminal/command line adb pull /proc/last_kmsg
    2. Upload to pastebin/gdrive/devhost
    3. Link the uploaded file in this thread along with the description about the issue.

To do List
    VOLTAGE SYSFS

V1.1
    Download Links:
    Devhost: http://d-h.st/3Wrf

Source Code:https://github.com/Shaky156/Shield-Tablet-CPU2.5Ghz-GPU060Mhz-Overclock
    We have received a few complaints about the GPL compliance with this kernel, and as posted here as well. Because of that, we will be closing this thread until the full code is posted.

OP, please let us know when the repo is complete (complete, being that anyone can download and compile an identical kernel).
    To expand on my previous reply, i have implemented double tap to wale feature, when the screen is off, touching the screen registers but does not wake up the screen so it is pretty close
    Illegal actions being done here

OK I can understand your fear of not releasing detailed commits on your github as your github because you don't want the community to see your code changes and possibly use them to improve your kernel or to implement into theirs. But releasing a kernel without source goes against GPL laws. Look it up you must release any public changes to a Linux(android) kernel withing 24 hours of making it available to the public. You may ask why... The reason is because it is possible the changes you have made to your kernel could potentially brick devices. So us people who read code are able to make sure it is safe to flash. Nobody should have to risk breaking their tablet to test your kernel. So please update your code source as I really like what you are doing but got GFX artifacts and almost bricked my tab with your version 1. At least let me see what has been changed other than trusting a forum thread. Thank you for your hard work but just know the GNU Public License prohibits what you are doing and soon you will have this thread deleted or you will be banned from XDA and I don't even want that to happen. I have been permabanned for it on another account. 5 years ago when I was childish and selfish. Anything you do on these threads should be done for the community not for personal gain be it financially or for popularity. So please make your source available so I know if I should flash this kernel. You dont have to be kind and detail your commits like all the other hard working devs. But I and others are capable of finding all the changes without real commits :). I will never fork your work so dont think I will steal it. I do not develop for this device and don't have the time to. So making real commits would be great and make everyone's life easier and may help to improve this device by other kernel makers being able to see something potentially "great" you did. But if you are too paranoid to do that.... Follow the actual governmental laws and upload your actual source whether in github or even as a rar file but your full source needs to be available or soon you will be reported and banned, although I won't do it, someone will eventually. Thanks for your hard work, sorry for the long text and typos, and looking forward to seeing if this is something I can flash and recommend to my friends :D

Sincerely,
    Every developer and moderator for the shield tablet community and myself hero_over
    V1.1
    Requirements - Busybox, Su
    Make sure the system partition is not mounted before installing script (TWRP sometimes mounts system partition upon boot)

Features:
    Removed interactive default
    increase read ahead to 3MB
    Allow HD video playback with miricast
    Enabled multicast ip support
    Implemented KEXEC
    Implemented CIFS (module)
    Implemented ASYNC FSYNC
    init.d support (Unfinished/not-working) Can use universal init.d from playstore
    CPU freq script under /etc/init.d
    GPU freq script under /etc/init.d
    GPU overclock to 924mhz
    Large battery improvement

Issues:
    Does not fully overclock CPU to 2.5Ghz
    Shield Power control needs to be set to optimized mode (allows setting min freq)

Download link: http://d-h.st/3Wrf