[KERNEL][03-March-2015][SHIELD-TABLET-WWLTE/USLTE/WI-FI][OC-CPU+GPU/UV/FIOPS/XZ/ETC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Dashwood Foxe

Dec 23, 2014
Update did help a little but CPU now hovers at 2.397ghz but not at the 2.5ghz I wanted.

Shield tablet wifi, OTA 2.2.1, TWRP 2.8.5.0

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
Reactions: joaopossamai

xanthrax

Retired Senior Moderator - Vampire
ohh no... uploadfromtaptalk1425210717969.png
I'm not a benchmark fan but... the tablet is bleeding literally

sent from my Darkside of SHIELD Tablet

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
V1.1
Requirements - Busybox, Su
Make sure the system partition is not mounted before installing script (TWRP sometimes mounts system partition upon boot)

Features:
Removed interactive default
increase read ahead to 3MB
Allow HD video playback with miricast
Enabled multicast ip support
Implemented KEXEC
Implemented CIFS (module)
Implemented ASYNC FSYNC
init.d support (Unfinished/not-working) Can use universal init.d from playstore
CPU freq script under /etc/init.d
GPU freq script under /etc/init.d
GPU overclock to 924mhz
Large battery improvement

Issues:
Does not fully overclock CPU to 2.5Ghz
Shield Power control needs to be set to optimized mode (allows setting min freq)

Download link: http://d-h.st/3Wrf

Last edited:

Gil Smash

Jan 14, 2011
V1.1
Make sure the system partition is not mounted before installing script (TWRP sometimes mounts system partition upon boot)

Features:
Implemented KEXEC
Implemented ASYNC FSYNC
GPU overclock to 924mhz

Issues:
Shield Power control needs to be set to optimized mode (allows setting min freq)

Download link: http://d-h.st/xZSP
I got a million FCs with this new one. Completely unusable, I tried clearing dalvik, fixing permissions etc and nothing helped. Also wifi doesn't seem to be able to connect but I could barely even test anything since everything kept closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WELCOME

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY DAMAGE OCCURS TO YOUR DEVICE USING THIS KERNEL

Supported Device Versions:
    World Wide LTE
    US LTE
    WI-FI

Features:
    V1.1
    (Requirements - Busybox, Su)
    Implemented KEXEC
    Implemented ASYNC FSYNC
    Basic CPU control script under /etc/init.d
    Basic GPU control script under /etc/init.d

V1.0
    CPU Overclock 2.5Ghz
    GPU Overclock 900mhz
    CPU Undervolt
    GPU Undervolt
    FIOPS default
    XZ Compression/Decompression
    WIFI Speed Increase
    Supports USB Storage Devices
    Hardware Accelerated AES
    SHA512
    Parallel Encrypt/Decrypt
    PS3 Controller Support
    Thermal Governors (Default Step-Wise)
    DevFreq Governors

Installation:
    1. Download kernel zip file
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Install zip file

Bugs????
    1. From terminal/command line adb pull /proc/last_kmsg
    2. Upload to pastebin/gdrive/devhost
    3. Link the uploaded file in this thread along with the description about the issue.

To do List
    VOLTAGE SYSFS

V1.1
    Download Links:
    Devhost: http://d-h.st/3Wrf

Source Code:https://github.com/Shaky156/Shield-Tablet-CPU2.5Ghz-GPU060Mhz-Overclock
    We have received a few complaints about the GPL compliance with this kernel, and as posted here as well. Because of that, we will be closing this thread until the full code is posted.

OP, please let us know when the repo is complete (complete, being that anyone can download and compile an identical kernel).
    To expand on my previous reply, i have implemented double tap to wale feature, when the screen is off, touching the screen registers but does not wake up the screen so it is pretty close
    Illegal actions being done here

OK I can understand your fear of not releasing detailed commits on your github as your github because you don't want the community to see your code changes and possibly use them to improve your kernel or to implement into theirs. But releasing a kernel without source goes against GPL laws. Look it up you must release any public changes to a Linux(android) kernel withing 24 hours of making it available to the public. You may ask why... The reason is because it is possible the changes you have made to your kernel could potentially brick devices. So us people who read code are able to make sure it is safe to flash. Nobody should have to risk breaking their tablet to test your kernel. So please update your code source as I really like what you are doing but got GFX artifacts and almost bricked my tab with your version 1. At least let me see what has been changed other than trusting a forum thread. Thank you for your hard work but just know the GNU Public License prohibits what you are doing and soon you will have this thread deleted or you will be banned from XDA and I don't even want that to happen. I have been permabanned for it on another account. 5 years ago when I was childish and selfish. Anything you do on these threads should be done for the community not for personal gain be it financially or for popularity. So please make your source available so I know if I should flash this kernel. You dont have to be kind and detail your commits like all the other hard working devs. But I and others are capable of finding all the changes without real commits :). I will never fork your work so dont think I will steal it. I do not develop for this device and don't have the time to. So making real commits would be great and make everyone's life easier and may help to improve this device by other kernel makers being able to see something potentially "great" you did. But if you are too paranoid to do that.... Follow the actual governmental laws and upload your actual source whether in github or even as a rar file but your full source needs to be available or soon you will be reported and banned, although I won't do it, someone will eventually. Thanks for your hard work, sorry for the long text and typos, and looking forward to seeing if this is something I can flash and recommend to my friends :D

Sincerely,
    Every developer and moderator for the shield tablet community and myself hero_over
    V1.1

Features:
    Implemented KEXEC
    Implemented ASYNC FSYNC
    GPU overclock to 924mhz

Issues:

Download link: http://d-h.st/3Wrf