• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][04/16/2012 Update]2.6.35.14 for CM7 ROMs

Search This thread

hyyz17200

Mar 13, 2012
Nantong,Jiangsu
NOTICE

This nice job is not mine! It first be posted by [email protected](a chinese android BBS the original post can be found here http://bbs.gfan.com/android-3810842-1-1.html ) .I just have flashed it for days.it runs really faster than before! Strongly suggest you to flash it if you are using any CM7.

HOW TO INSTALL

1.Download zip file to sdcard
2.Reboot to recovery(my re version is 2501 and it works)
3.Nandroid is recommended before flashing!!
I'm IRRESPONSIBLE about issue it may cause!!
4.Choose this zip package to install
5.If you have done custom MTD you better flash its boot mode again
6.Reboot after installing

BUGS AND OTHER

This kernel package has new wifi driver it is different from 2.6.32.x. So new wifi module will work in this new kernel.Thank to wusijie he has tried to compile wifi module for a long time.

You should know two points:
1.If you do not like this kenrel wanna restore,please restore wifi lib files too otherwise you cannot open wifi again!You better backup files first.Where are those files?You can open the zip package too see!

2.Since its a personal job and not peferct portable wifi hotspot not working in this module.I have tried to connect wusijie to fix it.If you need the funtion badly donot flash it.

Zip package download below or from dropbox: http://db.tt/bhUGJXLu

OK...Hope you guys enjoy it!

screenshot-1331682071335.png

------------------------------------------------------
03/16/2012 Update
1.Support swap
2.Add sio i/o schedule and set sio as default instead of bfq
3.Add ipv6
4.Add smartass and lazy governor
5.Compile a module to the kernel(his origin words.i do not know whats his meaning...)

Download below (filename with #2) or dropbox http://db.tt/5F2215JB

-----------------------------------------------------
04/16/2012 Update
1.Remove ondmand smartass and use lazy default
2.Add 122mhz
3.update to 2.6.35.14

Download below (filename with #3) or dropbox http://db.tt/50y0Y7sY

Attachments

• screenshot-1331682071335.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 482
  • CM7_2.6.35.13_Espresso.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 68
  • screenshot-1334507734538.png
    screenshot-1334507734538.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

arthas07

Feb 26, 2010
luo yang
NOTICE

This nice job is not mine! It first be posted by [email protected](a chinese android BBS the original post can be found here http://bbs.gfan.com/android-3810842-1-1.html ) .I just have flashed it for days.it runs really faster than before! Strongly suggest you to flash it if you are using any CM7.

HOW TO INSTALL

BUGS AND OTHER

This kernel package has new wifi driver it is different from 2.6.32.x. So new wifi module will work in this new kernel.Thank to wusijie he has tried to compile wifi module for a long time.

1.If you do not like this kenrel wanna restore,please restore wifi lib files too otherwise you cannot open wifi again!You better backup files first.Where are those files?You can open the zip package too see!

2.Since its a personal job and not peferct portable wifi hotspot not working in this module.I have tried to connect wusijie to fix it.If you need the funtion badly donot flash it.

sofa & 挽尊...
tanks for testing...
PS:guess who am i?

SKAm69

Oct 2, 2009
What are the frequencies and what governors included? How is it compared to drowningchild's modded kernel?

aaldiar

Sep 21, 2010
Goes up to 864, no undervolting and no smartass governs. Pretty smooth and no reboots or glitches so far. I run 806 on demand.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

SKAm69

Oct 2, 2009
人好少,没人回帖。
不过这网站做的确实简洁,跟国内的完全不是一个风格...

Are you the developer of this kernel?
Welcome to xda, we need developers for Espresso over here.

The first version of kernel seems to be a little more smooth than drowningchild's, although there was no smartass governor. Going to try version #2. The only thing I'm missing is 120 Mhz frequency. Also adding some more governors would be good too.

txdeathray

Jan 2, 2011
Houston
人好少,没人回帖。

Haha, yeah. The Slide isn't that popular in the US, so it doesn't have that many dev support. Naturally that means people on this forum are usually oldies who know what the device can and can't do already, so less of them will actually check the forum. Not many new members.

Anyways, welcome to xda!

Reactions: hyyz17200

hyyz17200

Mar 13, 2012
Nantong,Jiangsu
Haha, yeah. The Slide isn't that popular in the US, so it doesn't have that many dev support. Naturally that means people on this forum are usually oldies who know what the device can and can't do already, so less of them will actually check the forum. Not many new members.

Anyways, welcome to xda!

thanks.in facts,slide is popular in china just because its refurbishment are overflow.Most of them come from yours 14 days phones. lol anyway slide is enough for daily using.

our forum is likely more active than xda but i find your posts are much more useful.if a developer post a great resource in our forum and you wanna see it to down you must reply to see.so that you can see so many useless posts just like thanks,good job...no meaning.useful feedbacks are coverd up with these..even ask a question in xda the replies are serious and useful not like ours.

i like xdas atmosphere and will keep staying.

hyyz17200

Mar 13, 2012
Nantong,Jiangsu

The first version of kernel seems to be a little more smooth than drowningchild's, although there was no smartass governor. Going to try version #2. The only thing I'm missing is 120 Mhz frequency. Also adding some more governors would be good too.

im not sure whether he is.but i will tell your feedback to wusijie. i wanna 120mhz too.smartass is included use setcpu to switch.

Reactions: SKAm69

SKAm69

Oct 2, 2009
im not sure whether he is.but i will tell your feedback to wusijie. i wanna 120mhz too.smartass is included use setcpu to switch.

Can you please also bring some roms for Espresso to xda if there are any new ones on bbs. I visited that website with the help of Chromeplus page translator, but the translations don't make much sense :eek:

txdeathray

Jan 2, 2011
Houston
One thing that caught my eye over there was that Sense 3.5 rom with Beats Audio, i'm not sure how much it will help WhoAreYou in terms of his Sense 3.5 rom because they also have broken wifi.

on a side-note: bbs forums are way too colorful for prolonged forum browsing, just looking at it hurts my head.

Last edited:
Reactions: ggonsalv

hyyz17200

Mar 13, 2012
Nantong,Jiangsu
One thing that caught my eye over there was that Sense 3.5 rom with Beats Audio, i'm not sure how much it will help WhoAreYou in terms of his Sense 3.5 rom because they also have broken wifi.

on a side-note: bbs forums are way too colorful for prolonged forum browsing, just looking at it hurts my head.

let me tell you what sense 3.5 with beats...the rom from xda and a beats zip flash achieve also from xda lol

and i have tried seems no effects...

agree you

skulnik

Apr 15, 2010
Kansas City
OnePlus 7 Pro
I really like the responsiveness with this new kernel. However, when using setcpu the set on boot option seems to be defective. I keep going back to the default lazy governor on reboot.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XsDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTICE

HOW TO INSTALL

BUGS AND OTHER

------------------------------------------------------
    03/16/2012 Update
    1.Support swap
    2.Add sio i/o schedule and set sio as default instead of bfq
    3.Add ipv6
    4.Add smartass and lazy governor
    5.Compile a module to the kernel(his origin words.i do not know whats his meaning...)

Download below (filename with #2) or dropbox http://db.tt/5F2215JB

-----------------------------------------------------
    04/16/2012 Update
    1.Remove ondmand smartass and use lazy default
    2.Add 122mhz
    3.update to 2.6.35.14

Download below (filename with #3) or dropbox http://db.tt/50y0Y7sY
    glad to see how your enjoying it

It really breaks the wifi hotspot? I need that.
    人好少,没人回帖。

Anyways, welcome to xda!