• If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.
  • Nearly there! Migration cleanup is mostly done. There are about 6k posts left to import, a few forum redirects to make, and minor details. All the heavy lifting is done. Would love to hear feedback over at this thread!

[KERNEL][04 SEP]franco.Kernel |.v19.4| 2.6.32.46

roi14

May 20, 2011
Batangas
sir franco, i've just flashed ur newly uploaded bfs kernel and it booted up successfully,.thanks for ur quick response,.every thanks button sure is worth it when it comes to you! will report more later,.thanks! keep rocking!:D

Reactions: franciscofranco

Ghost1391

May 13, 2011
Bangalore
yeah flashed v19.2 bfs kernel and booted up successfully !!! thnx man :) cheers

Overclock: 245~748MHz - Smartass
Speed: Neocore no sound - 67.3fps - Quadrant 1355

Ghost1391

May 13, 2011
Bangalore
Every thng working fine camera head phones :)

Neocore w sound and touch 30.6 fps
w sound 47.1 fps
n sound and touch 44.7 fps
n sound 58.6 fps
Qudrant 1010

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Check your OC settings, sometimes after flashing that **** returns to stock values. Other than that I haven't changed anything to boost/decrease raw performance.

Every thng working fine camera head phones :)

Neocore w sound and touching 30.6 fps
w sound 47.1 fps
n sound and touching 44.7 fps
n sound 58.6 fps
Qudrant 1010

Ghost1391

May 13, 2011
Bangalore
Neocore w sound and touch 41.0 FPS
w sound 57.0 FPS
n sound and touch 53.5 FPS
n sound 67.2 FPS
COol mate :)

Ahh sad me the first time i used the camera it worked fine but later wen i rebooted the phone its not working its getting crashed and go to some weird white screen :( HELP !!!! thank u :)
Speed: Neocore no sound - 67.3fps

Last edited:

katmai1973

Aug 9, 2011
Sorry the new instructions have confused me, we have to flash Zram again always after flashing new kernel?
We don't have to flash zram enabler every time, otherwise it could be included in the kernel
IMHO, you need to apply zram again, if you flashed new rom, in which it is not included. And also, you don't have to wipe battery, if you'r sure, that it is proper callibrated, only wipe cache/dalvik cache. And also, in my opinion, it is not necessary to reboot between flashing kernel and zram.
Francisco, could you confirm that all above said is correct?

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

Reactions: Javi22

ot3pch4n

Feb 20, 2011
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Thanks Franco

Thanks for the update again Franco. I can't wait to go home & try it.

I've been using void #forever with your v.18 BFS kernel for more than a month & it was really good. I've totally stopped flashing ROMs as my setup was stable for me.

I flashed your v19.1 BFS & I'm using my phone for almost 3 days now without charging under normal use. Take note I use GPS nightly for my jogging sessions :)

I've never encountered any problems or bugs so far as being mentioned here.

logo_32

Jul 28, 2011
New Delhi
Clash of the Titans v19.1 vs v2.3.5

Franco... You're the man...!!

VOID forever 2.3.4 + v19.1 = Galaxy Pegasus (Extreme Performance Flying Powerhorse)
Mik_OS 6.5.7 + v19.1 = Ray Striker (Excellent Unicorn with well balance performance as well as stability)

And finally for the first time i tested your gingerbread kernel...
Mik_OS 6.6.1 + gingerbread12 kernel = ROCK LEONE (A super solid Raw Nuclear King of Optimus1)

After my tests with v19.1, i guess there was nothing left to check (calls, video performance, UI, battery, smoothness, benchmark scores, and above all, the hang up bug...!!)i say the kernel has been finally come to phase wherein you can call the first stable kernel for P500...!! Absolutely PERFECT execution..!!

Being an explorer by nature, i somehow strive to do something new... so i took up the 6.6.1 OS and decided to work with that and help in finding any bugs i can and also test your other GINGERBREAD12 kernel...!!

Its been almost two days with the combo of 6.6.1 with your GB kernel... And as a report i have attached a Neocore (with sound) Quadrant score and battery status along with...

Its been an amazing ride... super stable (i dunno why mik calls it a testing release when its so much close to being a stable one)... superb battery backup (actually its because of your amazing kernel i guess)... and spectacular performance...!! No hang ups so far... Absolutely no black screen bugs...!!

P.S.: The nexus LWP runs as if P500 actually has a 5Ghz processor..!!

Thanks MIK and FRANCO..!! The DROID MASTERS..!!

Attachments

kamalnath

Apr 5, 2011
chennai

VOID forever 2.3.4 + v19.1 = Galaxy Pegasus (Extreme Performance Flying Powerhorse)
Mik_OS 6.5.7 + v19.1 = Ray Striker (Excellent Unicorn with well balance performance as well as stability)

Mik_OS 6.6.1 + gingerbread12 kernel = ROCK LEONE (A super solid Raw Nuclear King of Optimus1)

After my tests with v19.1, i guess there was nothing left to check (calls, video performance, UI, battery, smoothness, benchmark scores, and above all, the hang up bug...!!)i say the kernel has been finally come to phase wherein you can call the first stable kernel for P500...!! Absolutely PERFECT execution..!!

Being an explorer by nature, i somehow strive to do something new... so i took up the 6.6.1 OS and decided to work with that and help in finding any bugs i can and also test your other GINGERBREAD12 kernel...!!

Its been almost two days with the combo of 6.6.1 with your GB kernel... And as a report i have attached a Neocore (with sound) Quadrant score and battery status along with...

Its been an amazing ride... super stable (i dunno why mik calls it a testing release when its so much close to being a stable one)... superb battery backup (actually its because of your amazing kernel i guess)... and spectacular performance...!! No hang ups so far... Absolutely no black screen bugs...!!

Fantastic review mate :)

Reactions: logo_32

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos

Fantastic really, thanks for the review =)

Reactions: logo_32

iNeri

Aug 3, 2011
D.F.
i report my install of 19.2 csf was sucefull and there's no problems at all. all works very well on cm7 6.5.7 ;-)

thanks franco.

Enviado desde mi LG-P500 usando Tapatalk

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone