The kernel is based on sources from @Electimon which can be found here.
Features: Main Features:
- Based on kernel sources from Motorola
- New performance based scheduler "dragrace" which prefers max clocks during screen usage.
Your battery milage will vary. With heavy usage I average about 10% for every 3 hours of background playback while still maintaining overall battery life when I forgo usage.
- Exfat support for external SD Cards
- Disabled ZRam
To improve memory latency
-Updated to 5.4.147 (stock is 5.4.61) thanks @Electimon
- This kernel is non-modular! All vendor modules are baked into the kernel. This includes sensors, audio, networking, and display.
- Use bbr as default TCP congestion algorithm (fastest algo according to this excellent research from @kdrag0n found here )
- Removed ALL debug config options and disabled printk
- Wireguard Support
- Magisk Stub integrated
- Unlocked Bootloader
- USB Debugging in developer options enabled
- Latest adb and fastboot
How to flash the Kernel:
Boot to TWRP and flash zip:
In fastboot boot the recovery.img
fastboot boot recovery.img
Go to "Advanced" -> "ADB Sideload"
adb sideload <path to zip>
Boot to fastboot/bootloader to flash boot.img:
Either select Reboot to bootloader option via buttons
Now in fastboot flash boot.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Reboot either via buttons
or by typing
@Electimon for sharing his 5.4.147 source, none of this would be possible without him sharing it. @topjohnwu for magisk and his entire work! @Freak07 for his kernel thread from which I drew inspiration.
New update released. This brings many changes such as disabling Zram to improve system latency, new cpu scheduler "dragrace" as default (prefers higher clocks while screen is active), and fixes to SD Cards. Also, I improved support for those of you who installed the TWRP ramdisk. Enjoy!