[KERNEL] [1.9GHz] [v2.3.3.4.4] G2-Fast: A Phone as Turbocharged as You. [4-4-2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flippy125

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 14, 2010
Las Vegas
G2-Fast: A Phone as Turbocharged as You! (Now at 1.9GHz!)

Like all other developers here: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS BRICKS, BREAKS, FRIES, OR CAUSES A NUCLEAR EXPLOSION WITH YOUR PHONE.
SETCPU FAILSAFE AND OTHER PROFILES ARE A MUST!
Thanks to Cyanogen

Performance Test on 1.8GHz here

Update.zip available
FroYo Version is broken until further notice
Source
Now on Kernel Manager!​

Attachments

Last edited:

danieljordanmaddux

Mar 6, 2009
I just finished compiling a 1.8Ghz kernel. If I uploaded it would you be interested? If nobody is interested I will just keep it for myself.
Have voltages been tweaked to allow you to run it at these speeds and it still be stable?
Edit: Have you compiled the new wifi driver to go with the kernel as well?

Last edited:

ThaGeNeCySt

May 13, 2008
I think it would be best if you just posted it anyway. Those interested will download it, use it, comment, etc. Those uninterested will ignore.

Flippy125

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Yes I have the wifi driver and no it wont affect bacon bits. It is actually now 1.9Ghz and I'm reaching for the big 2.0. I am using coolbho3's source code and 1.8 worked on 1400Mhz and 1.9ghz is at 1500. It gets a little warm but setcpu profiles are a must

Reactions: Borg1of3

danieljordanmaddux

Mar 6, 2009
Yes I have the wifi driver and no it wont affect bacon bits. It is actually now 1.9Ghz and I'm reaching for the big 2.0. I am using coolbho3's source code and 1.8 worked on 1400Mhz and 1.9ghz is at 1500. It gets a little warm but setcpu profiles are a must
What have the voltages been tweaked to? If the Cpu isnt getting enough voltage and you continue to overclock your gonna begin to get negative effects followed by freezing and rebooting. Not really concerned too much about battery life as much as stability.

EDIT: Oh NVM i see what your saying the Mhz after the 1400 threw me off

Last edited:

TL24

Oct 2, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
1.9ghz!? Haha wow... not sure why youd need your phone at that speed but its nice to know our G2 can reach such speeds!

Good ups bro!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.