[KERNEL] [1.9GHz] [v2.3.3.4.4] G2-Fast: A Phone as Turbocharged as You. [4-4-2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Flippy125

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Google Pixel 6 Pro
G2-Fast: A Phone as Turbocharged as You! (Now at 1.9GHz!)

Like all other developers here: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS BRICKS, BREAKS, FRIES, OR CAUSES A NUCLEAR EXPLOSION WITH YOUR PHONE.
SETCPU FAILSAFE AND OTHER PROFILES ARE A MUST!
Thanks to Cyanogen

Performance Test on 1.8GHz here

Update.zip available
FroYo Version is broken until further notice
Source
Now on Kernel Manager!​

Attachments

• snap20101114_130345.jpg
    snap20101114_130345.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 18,290
Last edited:

danieljordanmaddux

Mar 6, 2009
I just finished compiling a 1.8Ghz kernel. If I uploaded it would you be interested? If nobody is interested I will just keep it for myself.

Have voltages been tweaked to allow you to run it at these speeds and it still be stable?
Edit: Have you compiled the new wifi driver to go with the kernel as well?

Last edited:

ThaGeNeCySt

May 13, 2008
I think it would be best if you just posted it anyway. Those interested will download it, use it, comment, etc. Those uninterested will ignore.

Flippy125

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yes I have the wifi driver and no it wont affect bacon bits. It is actually now 1.9Ghz and I'm reaching for the big 2.0. I am using coolbho3's source code and 1.8 worked on 1400Mhz and 1.9ghz is at 1500. It gets a little warm but setcpu profiles are a must

Reactions: Borg1of3

danieljordanmaddux

Mar 6, 2009
Yes I have the wifi driver and no it wont affect bacon bits. It is actually now 1.9Ghz and I'm reaching for the big 2.0. I am using coolbho3's source code and 1.8 worked on 1400Mhz and 1.9ghz is at 1500. It gets a little warm but setcpu profiles are a must

What have the voltages been tweaked to? If the Cpu isnt getting enough voltage and you continue to overclock your gonna begin to get negative effects followed by freezing and rebooting. Not really concerned too much about battery life as much as stability.

EDIT: Oh NVM i see what your saying the Mhz after the 1400 threw me off

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2010
Oh my. This sounds like a great way to turn your phone into a toaster. Though if I try it, I'm labeling the 1.9Ghz SetCPU profile "ludicrous speed"! :cool:

Last edited:

TL24

Oct 2, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
1.9ghz!? Haha wow... not sure why youd need your phone at that speed but its nice to know our G2 can reach such speeds!

Good ups bro!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

gravis86

Jun 5, 2010
Kirkland, WA
Anyone care to mirror this? Rapid**** always tells me I can't download because I'm running a parallel download... even though I'm not. Mediafire maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    G2-Fast: A Phone as Turbocharged as You! (Now at 1.9GHz!)

Like all other developers here: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS BRICKS, BREAKS, FRIES, OR CAUSES A NUCLEAR EXPLOSION WITH YOUR PHONE.
    SETCPU FAILSAFE AND OTHER PROFILES ARE A MUST!
    Thanks to Cyanogen

Performance Test on 1.8GHz here

Update.zip available
    FroYo Version is broken until further notice
    Source
    Now on Kernel Manager!​
    Updated with support for Froyo and the new GPU drivers
    Can someone please show a video step by step how to do this. i really dont wanna break my phone or anything so please someone make one and message me when you do. Thank You!

Are you serious? I don't know why I ask, of course you're serious.

This is why the Internet was better before YouTube.
    Maybe he burned out his DZ and can't get signed back on to post updates?

PS: I'm not aware of any DZ roms bundling their own recovery... (I mean how do you flash a zip with a recovery in it... on your recovery... it's like a xibit moment).

Nah, just sold it to upgrade a while back. I've tried locking the thread a few times from Tapatalk, but it tells me I don't have permission to do that. I'll do it from my PC tomorrow

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2