/* * Your warranty is no longer valid, unless you lie. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, strained relationships, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * */
This is a no-frills custom kernel for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL designed to be used with the stock ROM and custom Android 10 ROMs. It's intended to be a simple replacement for the stock kernel that brings several under-the-hood enhancements. This kernel is not meant to be customized by users.
Changelogs for each update can be found in the 2nd post of this thread.
- Compiled with GCC 10.2 from the Arch Linux repository
- Built with Link Time Optimization (LTO) for improved overall kernel performance
- Built with Dead Code Elimination (DCE) to shrink the kernel's size by removing unused code
- Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
- Simple LMK, a custom low memory killer that improves memory management
- Fast fingerprint unlock and screen power on
- Improved touch latency
- Optimized CPU frequencies and EAS energy model for improved performance and battery life
- Haptic feedback disabled while the camera is in use
- Hall sensor disabled by default (it can be re-enabled by flashing the optional enable-flip-cover-support zip)
- Removed maximum screen brightness limitation
- WireGuard, a next generation secure VPN tunnel
- Passes SafetyNet bootloader unlock check
- Improved overall system fluidity and graphics performance
- Improved stability
- Westwood+ TCP congestion algorithm
- Vibration strength control
- Many other miscellaneous improvements not listed here
10.0.0-sultan branch: https://github.com/kerneltoast/android_kernel_google_wahoo
- zx2c4 (for WireGuard, providing project resources, working directly on development, and sending me stickers)
- MSF Jarvis (for helping with testing and AnyKernel3)
- osm0sis (for AnyKernel3)
- If your name should be here and it isn't, then replace my camera with a OnePlus device
First of all, this kernel comes with a custom dtbo so DO NOT FLASH A DIFFERENT DTBO AFTER INSTALLING THIS KERNEL! To install this kernel, simply download and flash it in a custom recovery. Do the same when there is a new update available.
Note that there are some caveats if you'd like to flash Magisk and/or TWRP in addition to this kernel. If you want to flash TWRP, then you must flash it after flashing the kernel first. If you want to flash Magisk, then you must flash it after flashing both the kernel and TWRP first. You don't need to re-flash Magisk after every kernel update though.
This is the order in which the kernel, TWRP, and Magisk should be flashed:
Kernel -> TWRP (optional) -> Magisk (optional)
The optional enable-flip-cover-support zip can be flashed at any point of the installation process. It does not need to be re-flashed after each update.
Enable support for flip covers (optional)
Sultan Kernel, Kernel for the Google Pixel 2
Kernel Special Features:
Last Updated 2020-08-15