• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][10.0][pyxis] KangarooX r1.1 [2020-01-20][AOSP/MIUI]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nbarrett423

Mar 7, 2020
^^

Could it be that we use the Mi 9 Lite version (mine is 6/64) and not the CC9 ?

Anybody using that version ?

Cheers !

I had the same thought, I think I mentioned it a few posts back, I didn't think there was a difference significant enough to make it matter but I'm not familiar enough with this stuff to really know.

edit: i'm using the mi 9 lite but mine is the 6/128 version...shouldn't make a difference though

Last edited:

ngcngmnhxda

Jan 1, 2019
So I got orangefox and tried again, and I still had the same issue...I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm running lineageos 17.1, and I have installed the latest firmware for Android 10. Everything is perfect. Then I boot to recovery... Have tried both twrp and orangefox...I do a backup of boot, dtbo, vendor and system, and then I wipe cache and dalvik and then flash kernel... It looks like it installed fine, but then it goes to logo screen and straight back to recovery. At that point, even flashing my previous rom and/or kernel or restoring the backup I just made doesn't help.... Only loads recovery. I can only get the os to boot by formatting everything and then installing lineage again from scratch. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

One question, can you give a link to the recovery you are using? I have been unable to find that exact version for the mi 9 lite. Mine is 3.3.1-2 I think, which I thought was the latest, but maybe that's the issue. If you could lead me to that download I would be grateful. Also I'm on 9 lite... Are you on the same or on cc9? I didn't think they were different enough to matter here but I'm grasping at straws.

Find lastest here (3.3.1-7): https:// t.me/ PyxisVelaChannel (remove space)
twrp: https:// t.me/ PyxisVelaChannel/160
orangfox: https:// t.me/ PyxisVelaChannel/113

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

I had the same thought, I think I mentioned it a few posts back, I didn't think there was a difference significant enough to make it matter but I'm not familiar enough with this stuff to really know.

edit: i'm using the mi 9 lite but mine is the 6/128 version...shouldn't make a difference though

AFAIK there is no difference. u can try the twrp 3.3.1-7 or orangeofox (link above)

Last edited:

diedmaster

Nov 11, 2014
So I got orangefox and tried again, and I still had the same issue...I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm running lineageos 17.1, and I have installed the latest firmware for Android 10. Everything is perfect. Then I boot to recovery... Have tried both twrp and orangefox...I do a backup of boot, dtbo, vendor and system, and then I wipe cache and dalvik and then flash kernel... It looks like it installed fine, but then it goes to logo screen and straight back to recovery. At that point, even flashing my previous rom and/or kernel or restoring the backup I just made doesn't help.... Only loads recovery. I can only get the os to boot by formatting everything and then installing lineage again from scratch. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

One question, can you give a link to the recovery you are using? I have been unable to find that exact version for the mi 9 lite. Mine is 3.3.1-2 I think, which I thought was the latest, but maybe that's the issue. If you could lead me to that download I would be grateful. Also I'm on 9 lite... Are you on the same or on cc9? I didn't think they were different enough to matter here but I'm grasping at straws.

Try this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-04-16-53-33-867_com.xda.labs.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-03-04-16-53-33-867_com.xda.labs.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 133

LaMarMôt

Sep 15, 2011
i9100
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Find lastest here (3.3.1-7): https:// t.me/ PyxisVelaChannel (remove space)
twrp: https:// t.me/ PyxisVelaChannel/160
orangfox: https:// t.me/ PyxisVelaChannel/113

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

AFAIK there is no difference. u can try the twrp 3.3.1-7 or orangeofox (link above)

Hi!

Tried with all those different recoveries. Same problem each time.

Don't know at all about hardware differences, but for example different Mi 8 versions only had in common the actual processor, the other hardware was same same but different each time. Just to say.

Does anybody here successfully installed this kernel on a Mi 9 Lite ?

Cheers !

ngcngmnhxda

Jan 1, 2019
Hi!

Tried with all those different recoveries. Same problem each time.

Don't know at all about hardware differences, but for example different Mi 8 versions only had in common the actual processor, the other hardware was same same but different each time. Just to say.

Does anybody here successfully installed this kernel on a Mi 9 Lite ?

Cheers !

my friend has 128gb version, and I has 64gb (all mi 9 llite EEA, not cc9 or vela). I installed this kernel with no problems on both devices (crdroid and MiuiMiX rom). u should join the telegram group above for best support.

nbarrett423

Mar 7, 2020

I certainly appreciate the suggestion but I'm confused as to how that will help me...I don't see any step in those instructions to install the custom kernel, which is really my only goal. I have the phone working with custom Android 10 + root + edexposed and even have gpay working as of this morning so things are mostly great... But if I try to flash the kernel it won't boot. Main reason I want it is to modify haptic feedback levels, particularly the one associated with the fingerprint scanner. by the way, if anyone knows of another way to do that, it would save me a lot of trouble

LaMarMôt

Sep 15, 2011
i9100
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
I certainly appreciate the suggestion but I'm confused as to how that will help me...I don't see any step in those instructions to install the custom kernel, which is really my only goal. I have the phone working with custom Android 10 + root + edexposed and even have gpay working as of this morning so things are mostly great... But if I try to flash the kernel it won't boot. Main reason I want it is to modify haptic feedback levels, particularly the one associated with the fingerprint scanner. by the way, if anyone knows of another way to do that, it would save me a lot of trouble

Hi!

I dunno what rom u're using, but in CrDroid there is options to remove vibrations associated with the FOD (either on success scan and/or failed one...)
It is just an on/off tweak, but still, maybe it will help you (it totally did the trick for me, especially the HUGE vibration on failed scan!)

And about the KangarooX kernel, still no luck for me... thanks @diedmaster and @ngcngmnhxda for your inputs, will look forward into it (did wipe and all bunch of times already... will try telegram i guess)

Cheers !

nbarrett423

Mar 7, 2020
Hi!

I dunno what rom u're using, but in CrDroid there is options to remove vibrations associated with the FOD (either on success scan and/or failed one...)
It is just an on/off tweak, but still, maybe it will help you (it totally did the trick for me, especially the HUGE vibration on failed scan!)

And about the KangarooX kernel, still no luck for me... thanks @diedmaster and @ngcngmnhxda for your inputs, will look forward into it (did wipe and all bunch of times already... will try telegram i guess)

Cheers !

I'm using lineage os 17, and i think it has the same option. The issue I'm having is that the feedback is not strong enough for my taste... I got used to the levels in stock miui 11, but for whatever reason this version of lineage has it at a barely perceptible level, and i really like the tactile feedback, specifically for an FOD. Oddly enough, I've managed to find a setting to adjust the haptic level for keypresses, so i know the ROM i have is capable of that customization, i just don't think it has a setting to fine tune that particular context... Maybe a future update, or maybe someone will fix this kernel for us haha... Please, if you manage to resolve it, let me know the fix. I'll gladly do the same.

alpha1974

Oct 10, 2012
Tried this kernel with recent xiaomi.eu (weekly) ROM MIUI 11.2 20.3.12 (Android Q). Apart from FOD not working (as stated in first post) I noticed that Always On Display (AOD) won´t work. Simple black screen. With xiaomi.eu-kernel no problem at all...

JBolho

Nov 8, 2011
Porto
I'm using lineage os 17, and i think it has the same option. The issue I'm having is that the feedback is not strong enough for my taste... I got used to the levels in stock miui 11, but for whatever reason this version of lineage has it at a barely perceptible level, and i really like the tactile feedback, specifically for an FOD. Oddly enough, I've managed to find a setting to adjust the haptic level for keypresses, so i know the ROM i have is capable of that customization, i just don't think it has a setting to fine tune that particular context... Maybe a future update, or maybe someone will fix this kernel for us haha... Please, if you manage to resolve it, let me know the fix. I'll gladly do the same.

Get EX Kernel Manager and adjust vibration options. It's what I'm using on LOS 17.1, it works.

nbarrett423

Mar 7, 2020
Get EX Kernel Manager and adjust vibration options. It's what I'm using on LOS 17.1, it works.

hey so i took your advice, and you were right, ex kernel manager does work, but for some reason most of the features are missing on my device...i assume because they are kernel dependent and my kernel doesn't support them, but that doesn't make sense because you are running the same rom...are you running a custom kernel or the stock lineageos one?

this app seems really cool and i'm blown away by the potential, but unfortunately i can't mod vibration settings, or sound settings...shoot i can't even modify advanced color management settings...essentially for me this app is less of a customization tool and more of a hardware monitoring tool, at least until i can figure out how to get the rest of the menus working.

p.s. - i looked around and found where some of the menus i was looking for are supposed to be...her are screenshots of my device with them missing :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200324-014250_EX_Kernel_Manager.png
    Screenshot_20200324-014250_EX_Kernel_Manager.png
    114 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20200324-014056_EX_Kernel_Manager.jpg
    Screenshot_20200324-014056_EX_Kernel_Manager.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 112

JBolho

Nov 8, 2011
Porto
hey so i took your advice, and you were right, ex kernel manager does work, but for some reason most of the features are missing on my device...i assume because they are kernel dependent and my kernel doesn't support them, but that doesn't make sense because you are running the same rom...are you running a custom kernel or the stock lineageos one?

this app seems really cool and i'm blown away by the potential, but unfortunately i can't mod vibration settings, or sound settings...shoot i can't even modify advanced color management settings...essentially for me this app is less of a customization tool and more of a hardware monitoring tool, at least until i can figure out how to get the rest of the menus working.

p.s. - i looked around and found where some of the menus i was looking for are supposed to be...her are screenshots of my device with them missing :(

It actually makes sense because EXKM available settings are entirely kernel dependent. If something doesn't appear, either the kernel doesn't support it, or the dev didn't enable that support on the kernel's makefile.
Lineage kernel has 3 vibration options, the screen color calibration and sound tab. (although for sound I just deleted AudioFX and went for V4A, no need to mess with kernel settings)
The only thing I'm missing on LineageOS kernel are the TCP alternative algorithms.

nbarrett423

Mar 7, 2020
It actually makes sense because EXKM available settings are entirely kernel dependent. If something doesn't appear, either the kernel doesn't support it, or the dev didn't enable that support on the kernel's makefile.
Lineage kernel has 3 vibration options, the screen color calibration and sound tab. (although for sound I just deleted AudioFX and went for V4A, no need to mess with kernel settings)
The only thing I'm missing on LineageOS kernel are the TCP alternative algorithms.
That's what I'm saying though... I'm running lineage, so I should have all of those options but I don't

JBolho

Nov 8, 2011
Porto
That's what I'm saying though... I'm running lineage, so I should have all of those options but I don't

Weird... Vibration should be on Misc tab, color should be on GPU and sound should have its own tab...

From your screenshots you seem to be using some sort of modified APK, it's likely that's your issue right there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200324-123441_EX_Kernel_Manager.png
    Screenshot_20200324-123441_EX_Kernel_Manager.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20200324-123428_EX_Kernel_Manager.png
    Screenshot_20200324-123428_EX_Kernel_Manager.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20200324-123359_EX_Kernel_Manager.png
    Screenshot_20200324-123359_EX_Kernel_Manager.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FCtgzSHH.png

Hi all! I wanna present my custom kernel for our beloved pyxis.

Features:
    • Based on kernel.lnx.4.9.r30-rel CAF branch
    • Uptodate with latest linux kernel base
    • Compiled with custom buildroot GCC 9.2 toolchain with O3 opts
    • Many tracing, logging, debugging, security sh*t removed
    • Many various backports for great performance
    • KCAL support
    • Vibration control support
    • WireGuard support
    • Headphones gain control
    • Microphone gain control
    • Xbox and PS controller support
    • exFAT, NTFS, F2FS support

Compatible ROMs:
    Should work with all Android ten ROMs

Bugs:
    FOD not working with the recent MIUI beta builds. Will be fixed when the xiaomi release the Q kernel source.

Download: https://bit.ly/2QPkGNh

Flashing instructions:
    1. Backup boot,dtbo, vendor and system
    2. Flash the kernel

Credits to all devs who worked on the commits what I picked.

Source code:
    https://github.com/ktommy91/kernel_xiaomi_sdm710
    Hello!

I'm sorry I'm a bit confused about that line in OP:
    "FOD not working with the recent MIUI beta builds"

Does that mean it would work with non-MIUI roms (like lineageOS or so...), or just that it won't work at all no matter the rom?

Thanks a lot!

Oh and btw, how to revert back to original kernel ? Any particular steps before flashing this one (backup or smthg?) or would it be possible to go back to stock one any time with a "generic" image ? (sources for that ?)

Many, many thanks !

Cheers
    Q1. FOD works on AOSP.
    Q2. You need to read OP carefullly

having some trouble guys...had finally gotten lineage os 17 installed and running well, and since it is based in android 10 i decided to give this a shot. anyway, after some playing around i finally got the kernel to flash, but then the phone wouldn't boot past the Mi logo screen.

i went back to recovery and tried to flash my boot recovery, but now my internal storage is encrypted and i can't get at it, and it gives me no option to unlock with a password. so finally i get fed up and just format the whole thing, and lo' and behold, the thing boots...only now its worse, it gives me this message about an internal device error and says to contact the manufacturere, and now i have no network, no ability to get on wifi, no sim card recognition, and a super unstable wonky world version of android that gives me tons of blackouts and freezes and doesn't do anything useful. what did i do wrong and how can i fix it?

update...i flashed the custom rom i had been using and it i guess flashed its own kernel so i can use my phone again, no more panic mode, but still, i sure would like to be able to use the custom kernel...any known problems with lineage? any ideas how to make it work? i just tried going through the steps again, no dice

U can try OrangreFox recovery or TWRP 3.3.1-7 by brigudav. I use Orangefox by brigudav to flash KangarooX r1.2 test4 and everything seem be fine.
    U can try OrangreFox recovery or TWRP 3.3.1-7 by brigudav. I use Orangefox by brigudav to flash KangarooX r1.2 test4 and everything seem be fine.