• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][10.0][pyxis] KangarooX r1.1 [2020-01-20][AOSP/MIUI]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JBolho

Nov 8, 2011
Porto
Yeah I know, I put the app on my old phone and located all the settings I was missing so I know where they should be but they aren't there. Really confused about this one.

I edited my comment after taking another look at your screenshots, you seem to be using a patched APK that's likely to be outdated also, so it's very likely that there's your problem.

nbarrett423

Mar 7, 2020
I don't think Coderz changed anything so big on the latest version... You're using latest Magisk right? Try to install busybox module on Magisk, I'm really scratching my head now...

Yes I'm running magisk 20....3 I think it is? I usually install BusyBox as soon as I reboot although to be honest I don't really know what it does, just that it's supposedly important ? but I'll try doing it through magisk... Wait one

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

I don't think Coderz changed anything so big on the latest version... You're using latest Magisk right? Try to install busybox module on Magisk, I'm really scratching my head now...

Busy box installed, no change

JBolho

Nov 8, 2011
Porto
Yes I'm running magisk 20....3 I think it is? I usually install BusyBox as soon as I reboot although to be honest I don't really know what it does, just that it's supposedly important ? but I'll try doing it through magisk... Wait one

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Busy box installed, no change

So... You're using LOS 17.1 with it's stock kernel, Magisk with busybox, official EXKM.
I'm frying neurons now... I assume you're using latest LOS right? (I didn't install the latest update yet, I'm using previous one, 20200310)
What was the MIUI version you were using before LOS? Since this is Xiaomi, I wouldn't be surprised if that affected what hw parameters are reachable or not...
On a side note, try official Kernel Adiutor on the Play Store and see what it can access.

nbarrett423

Mar 7, 2020
So... You're using LOS 17.1 with it's stock kernel, Magisk with busybox, official EXKM.
I'm frying neurons now... I assume you're using latest LOS right? (I didn't install the latest update yet, I'm using previous one, 20200310)
What was the MIUI version you were using before LOS? Since this is Xiaomi, I wouldn't be surprised if that affected what hw parameters are reachable or not...
Yes 17.1 LOS, and the only thing I ever did to the kernel was try the flash kangaroo, and when it failed miserably I just reflashed the entire ROM so it should be stock, I haven't changed it since. I think I'm on the latest Los version but I took a screenshot of my about phone screen so you can look.

Before flashing to lineage I was running... Honestly I can't remember with 100% certainty. I'm pretty sure it was MIUI 11. I just got the phone not long ago, and I believe I updated to q before my waiting period to unlock my bootloader passed.

My next guest is 2 extract the boot image from the latest lineage update and flash it by itself and see what happens. I'm still inexperienced with Colonel stuff though so I'm not sure... Do I need to wipe any particular partitions beforehand? Do I need to update firmware? Do I need to reflash the ROM or any other partitions, or we'll just flashing boot be sufficient?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200324-081815_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200324-081815_Settings.png
    167.1 KB · Views: 117

JBolho

Nov 8, 2011
Porto
Yes 17.1 LOS, and the only thing I ever did to the kernel was try the flash kangaroo, and when it failed miserably I just reflashed the entire ROM so it should be stock, I haven't changed it since. I think I'm on the latest Los version but I took a screenshot of my about phone screen so you can look.

Before flashing to lineage I was running... Honestly I can't remember with 100% certainty. I'm pretty sure it was MIUI 11. I just got the phone not long ago, and I believe I updated to q before my waiting period to unlock my bootloader passed.

My next guest is 2 extract the boot image from the latest lineage update and flash it by itself and see what happens. I'm still inexperienced with Colonel stuff though so I'm not sure... Do I need to wipe any particular partitions beforehand? Do I need to update firmware? Do I need to reflash the ROM or any other partitions, or we'll just flashing boot be sufficient?

You're using the version previous to mine. It's possible the dev made changes to the kernel, I advise to update the Rom.
The latest one has also a few improvements to stability so go to the thread and update as soon as possible.

nbarrett423

Mar 7, 2020
You're using the version previous to mine. It's possible the dev made changes to the kernel, I advise to update the Rom.
The latest one has also a few improvements to stability so go to the thread and update as soon as possible.

Crap I just now got all my magisk and exposed crap working the way I want... Gonna take me forever to restore it all. Oh well, hope they get on ota soon
@JBolho gonna start now, I'll let you know if it works

JBolho

Nov 8, 2011
Porto
Crap I just now got all my magisk and exposed crap working the way I want... Gonna take me forever to restore it all. Oh well, hope they get on ota soon
@JBolho gonna start now, I'll let you know if it works

I think there's a way to update without losing your configs and stuff, search in the Rom thread. I haven't done it myself yet, but eventually I'll have to do it myself because of some tweaks and updates to the FP scanner.
Right now I can't risk bricks so I'm sticking with the version I'm running.

nbarrett423

Mar 7, 2020
I think there's a way to update without losing your configs and stuff, search in the Rom thread.

I suppose I could just try a good ole fashioned dirty flash and see how it goes...I usually prefer to do them clean but I can always clean flash later, I'm anxious to see if this works.

I haven't done it myself yet, but eventually I'll have to do it myself because of some tweaks and updates to the FP scanner.

I hear you, I'm gonna have to move my sim card to my old phone first in case, if I can't text my girlfriend back for hours on end she'll lose her mind haha... Were on day one of a minimum 2 week quarantine for coronavirus though so I have lots of time.

nbarrett423

Mar 7, 2020
I think there's a way to update without losing your configs and stuff, search in the Rom thread. I haven't done it myself yet, but eventually I'll have to do it myself because of some tweaks and updates to the FP scanner.

Dirty flash did the trick! Had to go in and delete compatibility.zip to get it to flash, but no big deal... All options are working, including the one you said you were missing haha. Now I have to learn what all these buttons do...

Alas, I still don't think any of these bars tweaks the haptic setting I was after, so that's a bummer... And one other weird issue, any adjustments I make in the color management screen are delayed like a full minute before the screen reflects the new values... Makes it super annoying try changing them.

Other than that everything working great... Thank you for your help!

P.s. - i was surprised when you told me what lineage version I was running, because I was really sure I remembered updating to at least higher than that... Suspicion confirmed when I found 3 copies of the newest lineage release already on my phone storage haha...I think the last time I bootlooped I must have gotten flustered and accidentally flashed the wrong zip and just never noticed until now ? oh well... All's in order now, thanks to you!

Reactions: JBolho

ktommy91

Oct 23, 2012
Hi all,
Since I'm a targeted individual and the stalkers give me a dog's life and I can't do this normally I decided to stop the "development".

Thanks for the attention!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FCtgzSHH.png

Hi all! I wanna present my custom kernel for our beloved pyxis.

Features:
    • Based on kernel.lnx.4.9.r30-rel CAF branch
    • Uptodate with latest linux kernel base
    • Compiled with custom buildroot GCC 9.2 toolchain with O3 opts
    • Many tracing, logging, debugging, security sh*t removed
    • Many various backports for great performance
    • KCAL support
    • Vibration control support
    • WireGuard support
    • Headphones gain control
    • Microphone gain control
    • Xbox and PS controller support
    • exFAT, NTFS, F2FS support

Compatible ROMs:
    Should work with all Android ten ROMs

Bugs:
    FOD not working with the recent MIUI beta builds. Will be fixed when the xiaomi release the Q kernel source.

Download: https://bit.ly/2QPkGNh

Flashing instructions:
    1. Backup boot,dtbo, vendor and system
    2. Flash the kernel

Credits to all devs who worked on the commits what I picked.

Source code:
    https://github.com/ktommy91/kernel_xiaomi_sdm710
    Hello!

I'm sorry I'm a bit confused about that line in OP:
    "FOD not working with the recent MIUI beta builds"

Does that mean it would work with non-MIUI roms (like lineageOS or so...), or just that it won't work at all no matter the rom?

Thanks a lot!

Oh and btw, how to revert back to original kernel ? Any particular steps before flashing this one (backup or smthg?) or would it be possible to go back to stock one any time with a "generic" image ? (sources for that ?)

Many, many thanks !

Cheers
    Q1. FOD works on AOSP.
    Q2. You need to read OP carefullly

having some trouble guys...had finally gotten lineage os 17 installed and running well, and since it is based in android 10 i decided to give this a shot. anyway, after some playing around i finally got the kernel to flash, but then the phone wouldn't boot past the Mi logo screen.

i went back to recovery and tried to flash my boot recovery, but now my internal storage is encrypted and i can't get at it, and it gives me no option to unlock with a password. so finally i get fed up and just format the whole thing, and lo' and behold, the thing boots...only now its worse, it gives me this message about an internal device error and says to contact the manufacturere, and now i have no network, no ability to get on wifi, no sim card recognition, and a super unstable wonky world version of android that gives me tons of blackouts and freezes and doesn't do anything useful. what did i do wrong and how can i fix it?

update...i flashed the custom rom i had been using and it i guess flashed its own kernel so i can use my phone again, no more panic mode, but still, i sure would like to be able to use the custom kernel...any known problems with lineage? any ideas how to make it work? i just tried going through the steps again, no dice

U can try OrangreFox recovery or TWRP 3.3.1-7 by brigudav. I use Orangefox by brigudav to flash KangarooX r1.2 test4 and everything seem be fine.
    U can try OrangreFox recovery or TWRP 3.3.1-7 by brigudav. I use Orangefox by brigudav to flash KangarooX r1.2 test4 and everything seem be fine.

So I got orangefox and tried again, and I still had the same issue...I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm running lineageos 17.1, and I have installed the latest firmware for Android 10. Everything is perfect. Then I boot to recovery... Have tried both twrp and orangefox...I do a backup of boot, dtbo, vendor and system, and then I wipe cache and dalvik and then flash kernel... It looks like it installed fine, but then it goes to logo screen and straight back to recovery. At that point, even flashing my previous rom and/or kernel or restoring the backup I just made doesn't help.... Only loads recovery. I can only get the os to boot by formatting everything and then installing lineage again from scratch. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

One question, can you give a link to the recovery you are using? I have been unable to find that exact version for the mi 9 lite. Mine is 3.3.1-2 I think, which I thought was the latest, but maybe that's the issue. If you could lead me to that download I would be grateful. Also I'm on 9 lite... Are you on the same or on cc9? I didn't think they were different enough to matter here but I'm grasping at straws.