[Kernel][10.04.2021][4.9.265] Kirisakura_R 3.0.6 for Pixel 3/XL aka Bluecross

Search This thread

prot-

Jan 16, 2013
Hey dudes I flashed this last night but my safety net is failing still?
I thought I wouldn't need the universal safety net magisk module as the fix is meant to be inbuilt?

Last edited:

Zero_Shadow

Oct 20, 2008
Have a noob question my apologies search hasn't helped me find the answer.

I have the latest kernel and magisk installed already can I go ahead and update magisk with the kernel installed? Or do I need to unroot restore the stock boot.img remove the kernel then flash everything all over again. Or can I just update magisk as it is?

Sorry was finding conflicting info.

dirtyreturn

Aug 14, 2011
Nexus 7
Huawei Nexus 6P
Have a noob question my apologies search hasn't helped me find the answer.

I have the latest kernel and magisk installed already can I go ahead and update magisk with the kernel installed? Or do I need to unroot restore the stock boot.img remove the kernel then flash everything all over again. Or can I just update magisk as it is?

Sorry was finding conflicting info.

No, your OK. If there's concern, though. Do you have a kernel manager app? Make a backup of the current kernel . If you have elementalx kernel manager it saves to .img. And you could flash via fastboot from pc.

Aside from that, what I've done is just update magisk. I've not ever had an issue doing so.
Hope you are able to get some other replies to give you some guidance.

Reactions: Zero_Shadow

Zero_Shadow

Oct 20, 2008
No, your OK. If there's concern, though. Do you have a kernel manager app? Make a backup of the current kernel . If you have elementalx kernel manager it saves to .img. And you could flash via fastboot from pc.

Aside from that, what I've done is just update magisk. I've not ever had an issue doing so.
Hope you are able to get some other replies to give you some guidance.

Thanks appreciate the info, yes i do have EX Kernel Manager, I'll do the backup and take the update from Magisk and see what happens. Appreciate your assistance.

Reactions: dirtyreturn

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Hey dudes I flashed this last night but my safety net is failing still?
I thought I wouldn't need the universal safety net magisk module as the fix is meant to be inbuilt?

You need the module with every kernel now. With hardware attestation introduced by google the "old" in kernel fix is no longer working.
I'll edit the OP to clear out the confusion.

Last edited:

dnsmo

Apr 19, 2010
Chicago
You need the module with every kernel now. With hardware attestation introduced by google the "old" in kernel fix is no longer working.
I'll edit the OP to clear out the confusion.

I just noticed that my safety net is failing now too, what should I do to make this work again now?

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
I just noticed that my safety net is failing now too, what should I do to make this work again now?
Where did you find this Universal SafetyNet Fix? It's not in the Magisk module download list for me, so I'm guessing it's buried somewhere on XDA?

Remove all safety net fix modules you have in magisk manager. Do a full reboot.
Then download the latest zip (scroll down to "assets") from:

Flash via magisk manager, do a reboot and it should pass again.

TraderJack

Oct 5, 2008
The 3.0.4_R release seems to be working fine on the March update. I just installed it.

I myself am a little confused as to how to know if and when a new update to Kiri is required based on the monthly updates.
IIRC we used to need a new one monthly, but it seems that the last fix from January has worked for the past 3 months.

perhaps @Freak07 could fill us in on whether it is:
a) perfectly safe to use
b) if we are missing out on any stock features from the latest monthlies if we decide to run an older version of Kiri (assuming A is true).

thanks.

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
The 3.0.4_R release seems to be working fine on the March update. I just installed it.

I myself am a little confused as to how to know if and when a new update to Kiri is required based on the monthly updates.
IIRC we used to need a new one monthly, but it seems that the last fix from January has worked for the past 3 months.

perhaps @Freak07 could fill us in on whether it is:
a) perfectly safe to use
b) if we are missing out on any stock features from the latest monthlies if we decide to run an older version of Kiri (assuming A is true).

thanks.

Usually when you see a post like the following, from last month for example:

you know you can use the release as it is on the new firmware.

If you decide to flash the old release, you may or may not face bugs. Most of the time it´s fine, but sometimes it won´t be. Easiest way to find out, is to do a kernel backup and try for yourself. Or be prepared to flash stock boot.img and dtbo.img in case something goes wrong.

So far I haven´t found time to look into the Pixel 3/XL kernel this month.
The only way to know is to look at the source and check if there are changes. Nobody can answer the questions you asked otherwise. I don´t think any of the features from this feature drop requires a kernel change though. That´s just an educated guess though.

dnsmo

Apr 19, 2010
Chicago
in fact I have to flash 3.0.4 in order to fix the freeze on my phone problem, I think it's related to the code that @Freak07 reversed from the google kernel.

It's fine now. no more freeze on me. Again thanks for the great Kernel.

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
Update to 3.0.5_R

Hey guys and girls,

I finally found time to merge the March Security Update. Linux-Stable Upstream is included as well.

Other changes please check the changelog and/or github.

I wish everybody a great day.
Enjoy the device and the kernel, because I certainly do

Just in case:
If you face issues or bugs when running the kernel, please return to a stock environment, only your rom plus magisk root, without any modules, scripts, tweaks or mods and see if you can reproduce the issue.
Tell me the exact steps needed to reproduce.
Then send me a dmesg and a logcat (if the kernel crashes not) or a ramoops (in case the device reboots). Take a look at the second post for a guide on how to obtain these.

My kernel.zip flashes both boot.img and dtbo.img. So if you want to return to stock, you need to extract both from factory image and flash them via fastboot if on stock rom.
If you’re on a custom rom you will need to dirty flash your custom rom or learn how to extract both images from a payload.bin

Special thanks to @jcmm11 and @melgar for testing and keeping up with me!

I wish everybody a nice day/evening! :)

Changelog:
- Merge March Security Patch
- Linux Upstream to 4.9.259
- bump wireguard
- other changes look at github

Important :)
All flashing errors are now fixed. If you experience the ramdisk error please take a look at the FAQ.

Have fun flashing and enjoy your device with latest linux-stable :)

Why is linux-stable important?

Download is below :)

Download:

How to flash the Kernel:

1. Make sure you are rooted, are using the latest magisk suited for your OS version and a kernel manager capable of flashing a zip is installed. If available you'll can use TWRP as well. Download the kernel.zip to your device.

2. Flash kernel zip in via your favorite method. Kernel Managers and Recoveries need to be updated to work with a specific Android Version. It's your job to ensure compatibility! :) Root will be preserved! (Make sure to be on the latest firmware the kernel is made for)

3. Reboot and profit! Before reporting any issues make sure to read the first three posts of this thread!

Instructions can be found in the OP too!

Have fun, enjoy the kernel and your phone.

If you like my work please consider a donation.
Donations are not mandatory but very welcome.
If you like my work and want to buy me a coffee/green tea: http://paypal.me/freak07

prot-

Jan 16, 2013
Update to 3.0.5_R

Hey guys and girls,

I finally found time to merge the March Security Update. Linux-Stable Upstream is included as well.

Other changes please check the changelog and/or github.

I wish everybody a great day.

Just in case:
If you face issues or bugs when running the kernel, please return to a stock environment, only your rom plus magisk root, without any modules, scripts, tweaks or mods and see if you can reproduce the issue.
Tell me the exact steps needed to reproduce.
Then send me a dmesg and a logcat (if the kernel crashes not) or a ramoops (in case the device reboots). Take a look at the second post for a guide on how to obtain these.

My kernel.zip flashes both boot.img and dtbo.img. So if you want to return to stock, you need to extract both from factory image and flash them via fastboot if on stock rom.
If you’re on a custom rom you will need to dirty flash your custom rom or learn how to extract both images from a payload.bin

Special thanks to @jcmm11 and @melgar for testing and keeping up with me!

I wish everybody a nice day/evening! :)

Changelog:
- Merge March Security Patch
- Linux Upstream to 4.9.259
- bump wireguard
- other changes look at github

Important :)
All flashing errors are now fixed. If you experience the ramdisk error please take a look at the FAQ.

Have fun flashing and enjoy your device with latest linux-stable :)

Why is linux-stable important?

Download is below :)

Download:
How to flash the Kernel:

1. Make sure you are rooted, are using the latest magisk suited for your OS version and a kernel manager capable of flashing a zip is installed. If available you'll can use TWRP as well. Download the kernel.zip to your device.

2. Flash kernel zip in via your favorite method. Kernel Managers and Recoveries need to be updated to work with a specific Android Version. It's your job to ensure compatibility! :) Root will be preserved! (Make sure to be on the latest firmware the kernel is made for)

3. Reboot and profit! Before reporting any issues make sure to read the first three posts of this thread!

Instructions can be found in the OP too!

Have fun, enjoy the kernel and your phone.

If you like my work please consider a donation.
Donations are not mandatory but very welcome.
If you like my work and want to buy me a coffee/green tea: http://paypal.me/freak07
Thanks mate it's working like a charm! Appreciate your work

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone