[Kernel][10.06.2022][4.9.317][Android 12]Kirisakura_S 5.1.1 for Pixel 3/XL aka Bluecross

Search This thread

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
hello, I'm wondering I have flashed this kernel to pixel 3 xl with FKM on Android 12 October build. to get the benefits of this kernel do have to enable the features manually or once flash the kernel comes enable automatically?? example under cpu little cluster and big cluster none of toggle switches not on do I set them manually??
There´s nothing you have to set after flashing the kernel regarding CPU.

You can choose to enable kcal, wake gestures etc via a kernel manager though.
Freak07, I've used your, well developed, kernels on several of Google's phone with the stock factory image and recommended them to other members. I love your kernels because because, I thought, we're developed specifically for Google's firmware. Now, I'm curious about their functionality when used with Custom ROMs since Google has stopped supporting this phone with updates. Can I use your kernel on lineageOS ROMS?
as far as I´m aware it should just work fine on custom roms.

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
Update to 4.1.0_S

Hey guys and girls,

I hope everybody started in a Happy New Year 2022. Here´s finally the next update.
Google code was merged up to January 2022. Pixel 3a still gets updates, so I merged this.

Linux-Stable was merged up to 4.9.297. This should include a lot of security related updates, that will trickle in the kernel security updates over the next months.

Other changes please check the changelog and/or github.

I wish everybody a great day.
Enjoy the device and the kernel, because I certainly do.

Special thanks to @jcmm11 and @melgar for testing and keeping up with me!

Changelog:
- Google Code merged to January
- Linux-Stable to 4.9.297
- updated ak3.zip

Important :)
All flashing errors are now fixed. If you experience the ramdisk error please take a look at the FAQ.

Have fun flashing and enjoy your device with latest linux-stable :)

Why is linux-stable important?

Download is below :)

Download:
How to flash the Kernel:

1. Make sure you are rooted, are using the latest magisk suited for your OS version and a kernel manager capable of flashing a zip is installed. If available you can use TWRP as well. Download the kernel.zip to your device.

2. Flash kernel.zip via your favorite method. Kernel Managers and Recoveries need to be updated to work with a specific Android Version. It's your job to ensure compatibility! :) Root will be preserved! (Make sure to be on the latest firmware the kernel is made for)

3. Reboot and profit! Before reporting any issues make sure to read the first three posts of this thread!

Instructions can be found in the OP too!

Have fun, enjoy the kernel and your phone.

Donations are not mandatory but very welcome.
If you like my work and want to buy me a coffee/green tea to keep the development going: http://paypal.me/freak07

contevo

Feb 12, 2017
New York, New York
Have questionsre´s nothing you have to set after flashing the kernel regarding CPU.

You can choose to enable kcal, wake gestures etc via a kernel manager though.

as far as I´m aware it should just work fine on custom roms.
I have a question. I have been using your kernel for 2 days on stock firmware android 12 been dealing with some battery drain during screen off, i turn off auto sync, wifi,.gps and left on the data iand no battery saver. I left at 98 percent charged i woked up to 90 percent phone was not touch for 9hours. Here battery status with betterbatterystatus screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220113-105538.png
    Screenshot_20220113-105538.png
    189.8 KB · Views: 100

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
I have a question. I have been using your kernel for 2 days on stock firmware android 12 been dealing with some battery drain during screen off, i turn off auto sync, wifi,.gps and left on the data iand no battery saver. I left at 98 percent charged i woked up to 90 percent phone was not touch for 9hours. Here battery status with betterbatterystatus screenshot.
What's the question?

I suppose it's about losing 8% over 9 hours.

Your phone slept absolutely fine, there's no kernel wakelock that kept the phone awake. According to BBS your phone slept extremely well.

I'd try using wifi rather than mobile connection if possible overnight as it will consume less power.
Other than that it could be the device's age, an installed app, background work being done.

contevo

Feb 12, 2017
New York, New York
What's the question?

Your phone slept absolutely fine, there's no kernel wakelock that kept the phone awake. According to BBS your phone slept extremely well.

I'd try using wifi rather than mobile connection if possible overnight as it will consume less power.
Other than that it could be the device's age, an installed app, background work being done.
Oops forgot add that question lol but u answered it i noticed using data is a battery hug for sure. Thank you for ur reply.

Over36Clock

Oct 4, 2018
russia
hello, thanks for your work)
the question is, is it possible to update the adreno drivers to version 604 or 611? Or are they not suitable for us?
What's the question?

Update to 4.1.0_S

Hey guys and girls,

I hope everybody started in a Happy New Year 2022. Here´s finally the next update.
Google code was merged up to January 2022. Pixel 3a still gets updates, so I merged this.

Linux-Stable was merged up to 4.9.297. This should include a lot of security related updates, that will trickle in the kernel security updates over the next months.

Changelog:
- Google Code merged to January
- Linux-Stable to 4.9.297
- updated ak3.zip

All flashing errors are now fixed. If you experience the ramdisk error please take a look at the FAQ.

Download:
How to flash the Kernel:

1. Make sure you are rooted, are using the latest magisk suited for your OS version and a kernel manager capable of flashing a zip is installed. If available you can use TWRP as well. Download the kernel.zip to your device.

2. Flash kernel.zip via your favorite method. Kernel Managers and Recoveries need to be updated to work with a specific Android Version. It's your job to ensure compatibility! :) Root will be preserved! (Make sure to be on the latest firmware the kernel is made for)

3. Reboot and profit! Before reporting any issues make sure to read the first three posts of this thread!

If you like my work and want to buy me a coffee/green tea to keep the development going: http://paypal.me/freak07

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
good afternoon, does this mean that the device is losing performance? I can't disable Power saving workingqueues
no performance loss.
power saving workingqueues is a compile time option. some kernels allow it to be changed during runtime, but it´s by design not "toggleable" as it´s a RO property.

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
Update to 5.0.0_S

Hey guys and girls,

As expected this might be the last update from Google for the Pixel 3 XL. Here´s a fresh build with the February updated for 4.9 merged.

Linux-stable was updated as well.

Changelog:
- Google Code merged to February for 4.9.
- Linux-Stable to 4.9.300
- updated ak3.zip

Download:
How to flash the Kernel:

RandomPRSN

Feb 4, 2012
Galway
Update to 5.0.0_S

Hey guys and girls,

As expected this might be the last update from Google for the Pixel 3 XL. Here´s a fresh build with the February updated for 4.9 merged.

Linux-stable was updated as well.

Changelog:
- Google Code merged to February for 4.9.
- Linux-Stable to 4.9.300
- updated ak3.zip

Download:
How to flash the Kernel:

Does this update fix the GPS locking issue that is experienced with A12 PixelDust ROM?

Reactions: contevo

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
Does this update fix the GPS locking issue that is experienced with A12 PixelDust ROM?
GPS is not handled by the kernel. @spezi77 contacted me yesterday and described what I believe is the issue you´re describing too, so I tried today to reproduce it using GMaps while driving. GPS works fine here, there´s no issue on my end using the stock rom.

spezi77

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
GPS is not handled by the kernel. @spezi77 contacted me yesterday and described what I believe is the issue you´re describing too, so I tried today to reproduce it using GMaps while driving. GPS works fine here, there´s no issue on my end using the stock rom.
I would like to explicitly point out that the GPS problem seems to only exist with the Kirisakura kernel compiled inline into the PixelDust rom. Please do not confuse this fact. There is no problem in freak07's official Kirisakura kernel. Thank you!

justDave

Nov 17, 2006
Can I use the latest A12 kernel with an A11 based ROM (eg. LineageOS 18.1) or should I stick with A11 kernels?

Hector_O

May 4, 2015

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
I know you said it might be the last update, but is there any way you could add "xt_HL.ko" support?
It's referenced in this github link:

I´ll add support in the next release.
one question, is android security update handled by the kernel?
It depends. Some parts of a security bulletin can be kernel side fixes.
Due to merging linux-stable to basically latest in this kernel, we´re ahead of the "official google security bulletin".

Since P3a devices still get support from google I´ll continue merging those for now, which will also include any kernel side security fixes, we won´t already have by merging linux-stable in this kernel. Generally I´d say we´re probably ahead of the official security bulletin, by having linux-stable merged to nearly latest.

Reactions: Hector_O

Top Liked Posts