Very weird, I did the exact same thing and I ended up in bootloop
Thanks so much for keeping our Pixel 3 alive!Update to 5.1.1_S
Hey guys and girls,
Here´s the next release. It includes the kernel-side security patches for the June firmware from the still updated 4.9 devices (p3a series).
Linux-stable was updated as well.
I was able to flash the kernel.zip fine running magisk canary 25001 on latest stock rom source. If you had troubles with latest magisk canary, maybe that zip solves it. Otherwise if custom roms don´t work, I don´t know what could be the cause as it works fine on my end.
Other changes please check the changelog and/or github.
I wish everybody a great day.
Enjoy the device and the kernel, because I certainly do.
- Google Code merged to June for 4.9 kernels
- Linux-Stable to 4.9.317
- update anykernel3 zip, thanks to @osm0sis
All flashing errors are now fixed. If you experience the ramdisk error please take a look at the FAQ.
Have fun flashing and enjoy your device with latest linux-stable
Why is linux-stable important?
Download is below
Downloads for : -Android- Generic Device/Other | AndroidFileHost.com | Download GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers.Download GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware, and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers.www.androidfilehost.com
How to flash the Kernel:
1. Make sure you are rooted, are using the latest magisk suited for your OS version and a kernel manager capable of flashing a zip is installed. If available you can use TWRP as well. Download the kernel.zip to your device.
2. Flash kernel.zip via your favorite method. Kernel Managers and Recoveries need to be updated to work with a specific Android Version. It's your job to ensure compatibility! Root will be preserved! (Make sure to be on the latest firmware the kernel is made for)
3. Reboot and profit! Before reporting any issues make sure to read the first three posts of this thread!
Instructions can be found in the OP too!
Have fun, enjoy the kernel and your phone.
Donations are not mandatory but very welcome.
If you like my work and want to buy me a coffee/green tea to keep the development going: http://paypal.me/freak07
Stock ROM for me. Still on Magisk 24.3 stable. I don't think 25 is "stable" yet. Attached is a screenshot of the Magisk GitHub page.
You are right, it was still in beta!
Unfortunately I don't know what can be the cause, but it seems something is not right when flashing on source built custom Roms.