[Kernel][10.06.2022][4.9.317][Android 12]Kirisakura_S 5.1.1 for Pixel 3/XL aka Bluecross

Search This thread

Ashwin Kale

Jun 26, 2016
@Freak07 Hey Lineage OS found the fix for microphone sound gain.
Here's the link for that.

May I ask you to add this fix in next update please?
Using kernel adiuter app consumes more RAM.

nubru

Jan 17, 2020
The only way I was able to recover was flash the stock LineageOS boot.img, remove the Magisk 25.1 apk, then reroot with Magisk 24.3.
I have this problem too. The only way to use Kirisakura is to downgrade to 24.3 or lower. Magisk 25.1 works with a patched LineageOS bootloader but as soon as Kirisakura (or ElementalX) is flashed it gets stuck at fastboot and requires the patched LineageOS bootloader to boot.

Reactions: krutx

agraceful

Mar 29, 2011
I have this problem too. The only way to use Kirisakura is to downgrade to 24.3 or lower. Magisk 25.1 works with a patched LineageOS bootloader but as soon as Kirisakura (or ElementalX) is flashed it gets stuck at fastboot and requires the patched LineageOS bootloader to boot.
Where's the log for freak? Can't solve this issue without being able to reproduce, or seeing the cause

nubru

Jan 17, 2020
Where's the log for freak? Can't solve this issue without being able to reproduce, or seeing the cause
how would I get the relevant logs from a bootloop? I grabbed logcat after reflashing the LineageOS bootimage but from what I can tell there's no logs addressing the Kirisakura kernel seeing as it refuses to boot. Looking in the ExKernel Manager app saving the Previous Kernel Log (pstore) resulted in an empty file. adb doesn't work in fastboot so I can't physically grab a logcat from a bootloop, unless you know a way? twrp doesn't work on Android 12.

edit: I tried an alpha build of twrp from that thread, booted it with the Lineage kernel and grabbed the logs fine. Flashed Kirisakura, rebooted into twrp and tried to get logs but no such luck: adb wouldn't connect presumably because the kernel won't load.

Last edited:

pbcsd

Sep 5, 2017
Can't seem to find instructions on restoring my Pixel 3XL to stock image? Looking to sell the phone shortly and want to remove TWRP, Magisk, etc.

Hmmm...maybe all I need to do is relock the bootloader. But Fastboot Flashing Lock command returns a failed to validate boot images error?

Last edited:

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
@Freak07 Hey Lineage OS found the fix for microphone sound gain.
Here's the link for that.

May I ask you to add this fix in next update please?
Using kernel adiuter app consumes more RAM.
hey :)
attached build includes the fix you linked in your post. Please give it a try and report back.
Wireguard is bumped as well.

Attachments

• Kirisakura_Bluecross_S_5.1.2.zip
    20.1 MB · Views: 268

krutx

Dec 3, 2013
+1
The same problem with PixelExpirience. Original PE kernel works well with latest Magisk, but with this kernel I stuck at fastboot.

TraderJack

Oct 5, 2008
Google Pixel 3 XL
Just installed on my XL after upgrading from last 11 version to the latest 12 release (June).
Installed via EXKM and all seems fine.
Thanks again for keeping up-to-date on this!

entux

May 21, 2012
I'm running lineage-19.1 but it keeps overwriting any custom kernel with each ota update. When I want to flash it back I'm running into the issue with a non-responsive touch screen with TWRP. So I can neither flash any custom kernel nor magisk to root the device so I can use a custom kernel flasher (which requires a rooted devices).

Any ideas?

justDave

Nov 17, 2006
I'm running lineage-19.1 but it keeps overwriting any custom kernel with each ota update. When I want to flash it back I'm running into the issue with a non-responsive touch screen with TWRP. So I can neither flash any custom kernel nor magisk to root the device so I can use a custom kernel flasher (which requires a rooted devices).

Any ideas?
The kernel does get overwritten but Magisk should be retained.
Are you saying your TWRP is retained but not Magisk? Are you using the TWRP Magisk module? (Hint: don't).

entux

May 21, 2012
The kernel does get overwritten but Magisk should be retained.
Are you saying your TWRP is retained but not Magisk? Are you using the TWRP Magisk module? (Hint: don't).
No. I haven't installed Magisk so far because I didn't need root. But I EITHER need root for a kernel flashing app or a working TWRP install for kernel flashing or Magisk installation.

Ashwin Kale

Jun 26, 2016
No. I haven't installed Magisk so far because I didn't need root. But I EITHER need root for a kernel flashing app or a working TWRP install for kernel flashing or Magisk installation.
Flashing this kernel needs root either through twrp or from custom kernel flasher... Just read info on 1st page...

entux

May 21, 2012
Flashing this kernel needs root either through twrp or from custom kernel flasher... Just read info on 1st page...
I had TWRP up an running and could install the kernel just fine when I was running stock. But after installing lineage TWRP introduced the non-touch screen issue. I was hoping someone had experienced something similar and found a solution that could help me.

UPDATE: I've used the lineage recovery to sideload kirisakura kernel and twrp. I can now use the touch screen inside twrp.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts