[Kernel][10.06.2022][4.9.317][Android 12]Kirisakura_S 5.1.1 for Pixel 3/XL aka Bluecross

Search This thread

fauziakhmad

Mar 3, 2022
I´ll add support in the next release.

It depends. Some parts of a security bulletin can be kernel side fixes.
Due to merging linux-stable to basically latest in this kernel, we´re ahead of the "official google security bulletin".

Since P3a devices still get support from google I´ll continue merging those for now, which will also include any kernel side security fixes, we won´t already have by merging linux-stable in this kernel. Generally I´d say we´re probably ahead of the official security bulletin, by having linux-stable merged to nearly latest.
so if i flash the latest version of this kernel in stockrom (security update october 2021) the android security update would be updated to february 5 2022?

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
so if i flash the latest version of this kernel in stockrom (security update october 2021) the android security update would be updated to february 5 2022?
no. the date you see in settings is part of the firmware. the kernel has nothing to do with that.
Even if you would flash a kernel that has all kernel security patches for march 2022 (hypothetically), this date will still show oct 2021.

Hector_O

May 4, 2015
I´ll add support in the next release.

It depends. Some parts of a security bulletin can be kernel side fixes.
Due to merging linux-stable to basically latest in this kernel, we´re ahead of the "official google security bulletin".

Since P3a devices still get support from google I´ll continue merging those for now, which will also include any kernel side security fixes, we won´t already have by merging linux-stable in this kernel. Generally I´d say we´re probably ahead of the official security bulletin, by having linux-stable merged to nearly latest.
You're the best ❤️

justDave

Nov 17, 2006
Can I use the latest A12 kernel with an A11 based ROM (eg. LineageOS 18.1) or should I stick with A11 kernels?
Better stick with the right kernel for your ROM, Dave. Fortunately there's a check in the installer to keep you from screwing up.
FYI, the latest A11 kernel works great with the latest LineageOS 18.1 and seems to fix the random UI lockups. It also feels snappier overall. Recommended!

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
Better stick with the right kernel for your ROM, Dave. Fortunately there's a check in the installer to keep you from screwing up.
FYI, the latest A11 kernel works great with the latest LineageOS 18.1 and seems to fix the random UI lockups. It also feels snappier overall. Recommended!
Any chance you could backport this (and perhaps security fixes?) to the A11 series? It'll be a few more months till we see a stable LineageOS 19.1.
Unfortunately I don´t have the time for this.

But I think I saw people posting in this thread, which confirmed running the updated kernel on A11 custom roms or stock rom. You´d have to edit anykernel.sh inside the root of the zip to allow flashing on A11 if you want to try this.
To return to factory conditions of your custom rom, you´d have to flash a backup of stock boot.img and stock dtbo.img in case you run into troubles.

Reactions: justDave

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
Update to 5.1.0_S

Hey guys and girls,

Here´s the next release. It includes the kernel-side security patches for the March firmware from the still updated 4.9 devices (p3a series).
I also enabled support for TTL spoofing as was requested here in the thread.

Linux-stable was updated as well.

Other changes please check the changelog and/or github.

I wish everybody a great day.
Enjoy the device and the kernel, because I certainly do.

Special thanks to @jcmm11 and @melgar for testing and keeping up with me!

Changelog:
- Google Code merged to March for 4.9 kernels
- Linux-Stable to 4.9.304
- add support for TTL spoofing

Important :)
All flashing errors are now fixed. If you experience the ramdisk error please take a look at the FAQ.

Have fun flashing and enjoy your device with latest linux-stable :)

Why is linux-stable important?

Download is below :)

Download:
How to flash the Kernel:

1. Make sure you are rooted, are using the latest magisk suited for your OS version and a kernel manager capable of flashing a zip is installed. If available you can use TWRP as well. Download the kernel.zip to your device.

2. Flash kernel.zip via your favorite method. Kernel Managers and Recoveries need to be updated to work with a specific Android Version. It's your job to ensure compatibility! :) Root will be preserved! (Make sure to be on the latest firmware the kernel is made for)

3. Reboot and profit! Before reporting any issues make sure to read the first three posts of this thread!

Instructions can be found in the OP too!

Have fun, enjoy the kernel and your phone.

Donations are not mandatory but very welcome.
If you like my work and want to buy me a coffee/green tea to keep the development going: http://paypal.me/freak07

justDave

Nov 17, 2006
Unfortunately I don´t have the time for this.

But I think I saw people posting in this thread, which confirmed running the updated kernel on A11 custom roms or stock rom. You´d have to edit anykernel.sh inside the root of the zip to allow flashing on A11 if you want to try this.
To return to factory conditions of your custom rom, you´d have to flash a backup of stock boot.img and stock dtbo.img in case you run into troubles.
Seems to work. Thanks!

For the record, this is how I'm doing OTA updates now for LineageOS:
  • Install the OTA update. This will overwrite the kernel (the option not to is disabled in the updater)
  • For some reason, I lose root after the update so I can't run EXKM or the TWRP retention script
  • ... so reboot
  • No point going to recovery at this stage. TWRP is gone
  • Remember that you're back on the old buggy LineageOS kernel so if it freezes, just keep rebooting (hold the power button for 10 seconds or so)
  • Once you get a successful boot, use EXKM to flash Kiri, TWRP, and Magisk in that order to the current slot (default in EXKM). No need to reboot between flashes, just hit cancel and keep going
  • Reboot

Last edited:

resax

Oct 19, 2020
Update to 5.1.0_S

Hey guys and girls,

Here´s the next release. It includes the kernel-side security patches for the March firmware from the still updated 4.9 devices (p3a series).

Changelog:

All flashing errors are now fixed. If you experience the ramdisk error please take a look at the FAQ.

Download:
How to flash the Kernel:

1. Make sure you are rooted, are using the latest magisk suited for your OS version and a kernel manager capable of flashing a zip is installed. If available you can use TWRP as well. Download the kernel.zip to your device.

2. Flash kernel.zip via your favorite method. Kernel Managers and Recoveries need to be updated to work with a specific Android Version. It's your job to ensure compatibility! :) Root will be preserved! (Make sure to be on the latest firmware the kernel is made for)

3. Reboot and profit! Before reporting any issues make sure to read the first three posts of this thread!

If you like my work and want to buy me a coffee/green tea to keep the development going: http://paypal.me/freak0

Update to 5.1.0_S

Hey guys and girls,

Changelog:

Download:
How to flash the Kernel:

If you like my work and want to buy me a coffee/green tea to keep the development going: http://paypal.me/freak07

Good mornig, sorry my english, after installing this version, before I had 5.0, just after entering the screen unlock code, I get a play services error and it restarts continuously. Is there any way to go back to kirisakura 5.0?

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
Good mornig, sorry my english, after installing this version, before I had 5.0, just after entering the screen unlock code, I get a play services error and it restarts continuously. Is there any way to go back to kirisakura 5.0?
you can back to stock kernel by flashing boot.img and dtbo.img in fastboot from whatever ROM/Firmware you´re running.

resax

Oct 19, 2020
you can back to stock kernel by flashing boot.img and dtbo.img in fastboot from whatever ROM/Firmware you´re running.
After installing the boot.img and dtbo.img origina, it stayed in bootloop in google chargin bar, and I had to do a flash-all.bat, i come back to kirisakura 5.0, thk!

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au
I'm having a play with PixelDust for the Pixel 3 that has your kernel present - S-Release-4.1.0 - and then trying to cross reference with the feature list - specifically enabling fast wireless charging.

I looked at this: https://github.com/kdrag0n/proton_bluecross/commit/bf5d4feecdd80b131fbbab9e1111eaa86f6eeba5

But it seems that "/sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge" doesn't seem to give me permissions to read / write from it...

Does this need root? something else I'm missing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ata Ur Rehman

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au
@Freak07 - So, wondering if I can pick your brain.... I'm trying to get wireless fast charge enabled - but as a normal user, I don't have access to `/sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge` - ie permission denied.

When I updated to 5.1.0, I also rooted with Magisk - but then I found that has the side effects of networking dropping out.

When I am root though, I can increase the wireless max_voltage to 9000000, and set force_fast_charge to 1 - and all works as it should.

The question is, how can I do this as a user so that I don't have issues with networking, GPS loss, and also failing SafetyNet?

Nikberchardt06687

Dec 28, 2021
Guys, when I install this kernel, then the microphone starts to work poorly for me, how to fix it, on previous versions the same, what is the reason?

Carmine8

Aug 19, 2018
Installed latest Krisakura kernel on blueline on the March build of Pixel experience rom - it works so good!

Phone has never been so snappy and the battery has massively improved too.

Thank you for your hard work on this!

I hope you'll keep develop this kernel in the future too!

Stygmatik

Aug 15, 2010
@Freak07 Thanks a lot for your work.
Would you mind explaining in length how you managed to do this?

I'm talking more on the "upstream" part of your work, not the extra added features.

Like starting from the official 4.14 android kernel I guess, but then how you detemine which commits from CAF you should take?

I also noticed that the Linux-stable-upstream doesn't seem to be maintained anymore, so how you "do" this part now?

Also, could you explain what prevent you/us to upstream pixel3/xl kernel to 5.10 for example? Are we missing Qualcomm drivers binary blobs for such kernel versions? In this case, isn't it possible to "copy" the corresponding .ko files fror 4.14 to a 5.10 tree and then compile the kernel? Or maybe some kernel interfaces did change between 4.14 and 5.10?

Don't hesitate to go technical in your explanations.

Maybe you can keep your answer generic with examples for our pixel3/xl case and do this in a blog post format (like a medium for example) since I think many would-be maintener/tinkerer would be interested I guess :)

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Over36Clock

Oct 4, 2018
russia

Update to 5.1.0_S

Hey guys and girls,

Changelog:

Download:
How to flash the Kernel:

hello, do you have a touchbust in your kernel? And if so, how can I turn it off?

Ashwin Kale

Jun 26, 2016
Guys, when I install this kernel, then the microphone starts to work poorly for me, how to fix it, on previous versions the same, what is the reason?
Just install kernel adiutor application...
Search for kernel adiutor GitHub and by visiting the 1st website just download the given version under releases section...
After installation find the sound settings by tapping on top left corner having 3 lines options...
After clicking on sound max the microphone option and Profit💯

Ashwin Kale

Jun 26, 2016
This kernel saved me from eternal regret of getting pixel 3 xl in 2022... Bcoz of the freezing issue I was waiting to clear those leftover emi's n sell this with latest pixel... But now it's so smooth like no one's business...
Thanks Bro for making and maintaining this kernel... Eternal gratitude 🤗

Top Liked Posts