KERNEL ❯ PIXEL 3 XL ❯❯ Proton Kernel • v19 • September 8

Search This thread

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
Can I install nethunter over your kernel,it support rtl wifi USB cards
Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Can I install nethunter over your kernel,it support rtl wifi USB cards
Thanks
The kernel includes System V IPC which is enough to make Nethunter work. It doesn't support USB Wi-Fi dongles, but it does support RTL815x USB Ethernet dongles.
tested this for the entire day
seems better.
now that sultans kernel is gone, i may try this again and hope my netflix doesnt break this time around haha
Is Netflix fine so far?
Ok, update on the new build: I went to take a picture today and the camera force closed, I couldn't take the picture :(

This is the same problem I was having with the first v17 build that made me downgrade to v16.

Battery life seems largely improved though, so there's that.
Could you send kernel logs (dmesg) and the output of the uptime command immediately after the app crashes? I'll upload a new build in a few minutes that should fix this bug for good.

ubergeek77

Oct 30, 2015
Could you send kernel logs (dmesg) and the output of the uptime command immediately after the app crashes? I'll upload a new build in a few minutes that should fix this bug for good.

Sure thing, I'll PM you.

Interestingly, I kept opening the Camera app to get it to crash a lot, and after the third crash, the camera seems to be working again. I'm not familiar with dmesg output, but the crashes seem to be there at least, so I'll send you the logs.

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
Here's a new test build to address camera crashing and potential Wi-Fi issues.

Changelog:
​ ​ ​ ​ • Removed broken sched_use_walt_{cpu,task}_util knobs
​ ​ ​ ​ • Improved granular sequential I/O speed
​ ​ ​ ​ • Switched to mainline 5.0 RTL815x USB Ethernet driver
​ ​ ​ ​ • Fixed PowerHAL breaking on non-schedutil governors
​ ​ ​ ​ • Reverted a few commits for performance and battery (needs testing)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Reverted a Wi-Fi allocation optimization causing CMA fragmentation

Please do not hesistate to let me know of any issues that may arise. This will be released as v18 in a matter of fays if no issues are reported. Primary concerns at the moment are camera crashing, Bluetooth audio issues, and Wi-Fi issues.

Attachments

• ProtonKernel-pixel3-test1578.zip
    13.3 MB · Views: 27

biggiesmalls657

Feb 2, 2011
OnePlus 11
Here's a new test build to address camera crashing and potential Wi-Fi issues.

Changelog:

Please do not hesistate to let me know of any issues that may arise. This will be released as v18 in a matter of fays if no issues are reported. Primary concerns at the moment are camera crashing, Bluetooth audio issues, and Wi-Fi issues.

I had a random reboot but logcat is not working.

ubergeek77

Oct 30, 2015
Can anyone with the newest build check and see if media audio over Bluetooth is working for them? I can't seem to play music in my car over Bluetooth anymore, when it was working just the other day.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Also, the camera crash happened again on the latest build (1577).

I'll PM you the dmesg log, kdrag0n.

xFirefly93

Jan 10, 2018
Timrå
Can anyone with the newest build check and see if media audio over Bluetooth is working for them? I can't seem to play music in my car over Bluetooth anymore, when it was working just the other day.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Try test build 1618.

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev

Odd, guess I have some more work to do before v18 then.
Try test build 1618.
I haven't uploaded that build on XDA, it's Telegram-exclusive for now. It's also only addressing performance (and possibly battery), not the bugs.

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
for clarity, v17 has bugs? which are ?

Ouch, just noticed v17 is from march...
All changes present in the April patches we're already in Proton Kernel, and the white screen flash issue for Pixel 3 was fixed in the test builds released in March shortly after v1.

Nevertheless, I would recommend using the latest test build. It's more stable than v17.

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
Here's a new test build that aims to fix the Bluetooth audio issues and camera crashing that's been happening since v17. There is also a significant performance improvement (especially in synthetic benchmarks) that should not affect battery life much.

Download link: https://kdrag0n.dev/files/kernel/bluecross/ProtonKernel-pixel3-test1626.zip

Changelog:
​ ​ ​ ​ • Reverted a minor memory management change
​ ​ ​ ​ • Bumped maximum big cluster CPU frequency to 2.8 GHz for improved performance at virtually no battery cost

Thanks to @fronc and @ubergeek77 for providing logs for the Bluetooth audio and camera crashing issues respectively.

Please do not hesistate to let me know of any issues that may arise. This will be released as v18 soon if no issues are reported. Camera crashing and Bluetooth audio disconnects/stuttering are the primary concerns at the moment.

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
Proton Kernel v18 has been released. Download

Changelog:
​ ​ ​ ​ • Upstreamed to Linux 4.9.175
​ ​ ​ ​ • Revamped custom CPU boosting setup
​ ​ ​ ​ • Reverted bad idle state tuning (improves battery and performance significantly)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Replaced userspace low memory killer with Simple LMK (fixes camera open lag and other performance issues; @kerneltoast)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Added some fixes and patches from Pixel 3a kernel
​ ​ ​ ​ • Ported grouped I/O prioritization from Pixel 3a
​ ​ ​ ​ • Bumped minimum little cluster frequency to 748 MHz for battery and performance
​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled sched_boost and sync boost for reduced latency spikes and battery (@kerneltoast)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Fixed CMA allocation failures causing camera and Wi-Fi breakage
​ ​ ​ ​ • Uncapped maximum big cluster CPU frequency
​ ​ ​ ​ • Optimized simple string manipulation and comparison routines (@kerneltoast)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled CPU hotplugging during deep sleep (faster wake, reduced drain)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Micro-optimized performance-critical code in the display, CPU idle, and SoC bandwidth scaling drivers with measurably significant overhead
​ ​ ​ ​ • Heavily tuned performance profiles to reflect power observations
​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled unused hang detectors
​ ​ ​ ​ • Added Git commit hash to kernel version
​ ​ ​ ​ • Forced trivial kernel threads onto the little cluster (@kerneltoast)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Removed Boeffla wakelock blocker and useless I/O schedulers
​ ​ ​ ​ • Backported some fixes and other changes from Q DP2 kernel
​ ​ ​ ​ • Updated F2FS rapid GC mechanism (@arter97)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Improved IPA memory leak fixes (CAF)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Updated base IOMMU driver (@ab123321)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Added and tweaked some branch likelihood labels
​ ​ ​ ​ • Optimized square root routine
​ ​ ​ ​ • Added max CPU boost for low memory situations (@kerneltoast)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Added 500 us CPU frequency transition delay for performance (reflects hardware delays; @kerneltoast)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Backported scheduler updates from Snapdragon 855 kernel
​ ​ ​ ​ • Backported schedutil governor updates from mainline
​ ​ ​ ​ • Tuned schedutil rate limits to accomodate hardware frequency transition delays
​ ​ ​ ​ • Updated CPU Input Boost driver (@kerneltoast)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Exposed raw detailed battery level values
​ ​ ​ ​ • Improved PWM flickerfree integration for Pixel 3 XL (@DevriesL)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Fixed GPU wakeup frequency being set to 710 MHz
​ ​ ​ ​ • Backported workqueue and procfs updates from mainline (@arter97)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Bumped maximum disk write cache time
​ ​ ​ ​ • Reduced unnecessary tight loop delays (CAF)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled unused profiling support and statistics
​ ​ ​ ​ • Enabled automatic process grouping during early boot
​ ​ ​ ​ • Added accounting for deep sleep time in kernel logs
​ ​ ​ ​ • Configured power button long-press to keep kernel logs
​ ​ ​ ​ • Reduced unnecessarily high GPU worker thread priority
​ ​ ​ ​ • Backported virtual memory allocation optimizations from LKML (@ab123321)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Relaxed non-essential latency requirements in the GPU and UFS drivers (@kerneltoast)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Removed additional Wi-Fi debugging code (@kerneltoast)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Reverted to zsmalloc zRAM allocator for reduced fragmentation
​ ​ ​ ​ • Reduced unnecessary idle latency update wakeups (@ab123321)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Enabled and fixed all available TCP congestion control algorithms
​ ​ ​ ​ • Reverted to 250 Hz system timer frequency
​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled unused DisplayPort support

Donate to support development
Download

Enjoy!

Reactions: joetheshmo

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
Proton Kernel v18 has been released. Download

Changelog:
​ ​ ​ ​ • Upstreamed to Linux 4.9.175
​ ​ ​ ​ • Revamped custom CPU boosting setup
​ ​ ​ ​ • Reverted bad idle state tuning (improves battery and performance significantly)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Replaced userspace low memory killer with Simple LMK (fixes camera open lag and other performance issues; @Sultanxda)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Added some fixes and patches from Pixel 3a kernel
​ ​ ​ ​ • Ported grouped I/O prioritization from Pixel 3a
​ ​ ​ ​ • Bumped minimum little cluster frequency to 748 MHz for battery and performance
​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled sched_boost and sync boost for reduced latency spikes and battery (@Sultanxda)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Fixed CMA allocation failures causing camera and Wi-Fi breakage
​ ​ ​ ​ • Uncapped maximum big cluster CPU frequency
​ ​ ​ ​ • Optimized simple string manipulation and comparison routines (@Sultanxda)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled CPU hotplugging during deep sleep (faster wake, reduced drain)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Micro-optimized performance-critical code in the display, CPU idle, and SoC bandwidth scaling drivers with measurably significant overhead
​ ​ ​ ​ • Heavily tuned boosts and min/max frequencies to reflect performance, power, and efficiency measurements
​ ​ ​ ​ • Greatly reduced odds of the SchedTune cluster boost bug occurring (@RenderBroken)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled unused hang detectors
​ ​ ​ ​ • Added Git commit hash to kernel version
​ ​ ​ ​ • Forced trivial kernel threads onto the little cluster (@Sultanxda)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Removed Boeffla wakelock blocker and useless I/O schedulers
​ ​ ​ ​ • Backported some fixes and other changes from Q DP2 kernel
​ ​ ​ ​ • Updated F2FS rapid GC mechanism (@arter97)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Improved IPA memory leak fixes (CAF)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Updated base IOMMU driver (@ab123321)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Added and tweaked some branch likelihood labels
​ ​ ​ ​ • Optimized square root routine
​ ​ ​ ​ • Added max CPU boost for low memory situations (@Sultanxda)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Added 500 us CPU frequency transition delay for performance (reflects hardware delays; @Sultanxda)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Backported scheduler updates from Snapdragon 855 kernel
​ ​ ​ ​ • Backported schedutil governor updates from mainline
​ ​ ​ ​ • Tuned schedutil rate limits to accomodate hardware frequency transition delays
​ ​ ​ ​ • Updated CPU Input Boost driver (@Sultanxda)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Exposed raw detailed battery level values
​ ​ ​ ​ • Improved PWM flickerfree integration for Pixel 3 XL (@DevriesL)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Fixed GPU wakeup frequency being set to 710 MHz
​ ​ ​ ​ • Backported workqueue and procfs updates from mainline (@arter97)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Bumped maximum disk write cache time
​ ​ ​ ​ • Reduced unnecessary tight loop delays (CAF)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled unused profiling support and statistics
​ ​ ​ ​ • Enabled automatic process grouping during early boot
​ ​ ​ ​ • Added accounting for deep sleep time in kernel logs
​ ​ ​ ​ • Configured power button long-press to keep kernel logs
​ ​ ​ ​ • Reduced unnecessarily high GPU worker thread priority
​ ​ ​ ​ • Backported virtual memory allocation optimizations from LKML (@ab123321)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Relaxed non-essential latency requirements in the GPU and UFS drivers (@Sultanxda)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Removed additional Wi-Fi debugging code (@Sultanxda)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Reverted to zsmalloc zRAM allocator for reduced fragmentation
​ ​ ​ ​ • Reduced unnecessary idle latency update wakeups (@ab123321)
​ ​ ​ ​ • Enabled and fixed all available TCP congestion control algorithms
​ ​ ​ ​ • Reverted to 250 Hz system timer frequency
​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled unused DisplayPort support

Note that the Bluetooth issues have not been fixed yet due to the apparent depth of the issues. They will be addressed in the coming versions.

Download

Enjoy!

Last edited:

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
The download link in the OP for v18 has been fixed. I've also taken the time to revise the features list to better correspond to what the kernel currently has. Sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KERNEL ❯ PIXEL 3 XL ❯❯ Proton Kernel • v19 • September 8

Proton Kernel • Pixel 3/XL
    by kdrag0n

This kernel has been discontinued as I no longer own my Pixel 3 XL and have moved on. The original post has been retained below for transparency, but I would strongly recommend using another kernel.

I am not liable if your phone explodes, stops functioning, or turns into scrap metal. I have no obligation to publish this kernel. However, if you provide an accurate description of your issue accompanied with logs, it is likely that I will at least look into your issue. By flashing this kernel, you acknowledge the potential risks it brings.

Introduction
    Proton Kernel strives to provide the perfect balance of performance and battery life in order to create the best possible experience for your phone. Features are welcome if they are useful, within reason. The kernel has been debloated to reduce size and improve performance.

Compatibility
    Stock and custom Pie ROMs are supported. Both the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL are supported in the same package. Wiping cache isn't necessary. Magisk is retained, so there is no need to reflash it afterwards. The kernel may be flashed from TWRP or your app of choice.

Android Q is NOT supported, nor will it ever be.

Features
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Latest upstream Linux 4.9.191
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Latest Google August updates
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Compiled with bare-metal GCC 9.1.0
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Heavily tuned Spectrum and FKM performance profiles
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Numerous configuration changes for performance, size, and battery
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Heavily debloated for faster boot, enhanced security, and smaller download
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Fast and versatile installer (modified version of @osm0sis' AnyKernel2)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Sound control (microphone and speakers only; @flar2)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Latest WireGuard VPN snapshot
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • KCAL advanced color control
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • A wide variety of battery and performance improvements from the Qualcomm, Pixel 3a, Snapdragon 855, and more kernels
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • CPU governors: performance, powersave, schedutil, userspace, ondemand, conservative
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • I/O schedulers: noop, deadline, cfq, anxiety, bfq
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Various improvements from @Sultanxda, @arter97, @ab123321, @Freak07, etc
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Vibration control (@flar2)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • TCP congestion control algorithms: westwood, reno, bbr, bic, cdg, cubic, dctcp, highspeed, hybla, htcp, vegas, nv, veno, scalable, lp, yeah, illinois
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Xbox and DualShock USB controller support
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Simple LMK for improved memory management and reduced camera opening lag (@Sultanxda)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Assorted scheduler patches to improve battery and performance
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Speculative page fault for faster app opening
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Support for forcing fast charging (500 mA limit bumped to 900 mA for USB, 5V limit bumped to 9V for wireless)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Simple GPU Algorithm
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • AVB 2.0 and dm-verity fully disabled (allows custom boot animation on stock ROM)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Display tweaks
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Speaker gain control and backlight dimmer
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Efficient in-kernel CPU and memory boosting solution (modified version of @Sultanxda's work)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Improved overall performance and battery life compared to stock
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Faster lock implementations backported from mainline
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Lots of backports from the mainline kernel
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Scheduler improvements and fixes from Qualcomm's Snapdragon 855 kernel
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Support for common Realtek RTL815x USB Ethernet adapters
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • A few F2FS tweaks (namely Rapid GC) by @arter97
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • I/O prioritization by app groups (background, foreground, etc) when using CFQ (ported from Pixel 3a) for better UX during background app updates and other I/O-heavy scenarios
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Countless other features and optimizations to enhance the overall experience

Think twice before enabling fast wireless charging because cheap chargers can cause your phone to heat up significantly more than usual, which damages the battery permanently. They may also cause temporary issues with your phone (such as ticking sounds) or irreversible damage to internal circuits. However, if used properly with a high-quality charger, there should not be any issues. Enable at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage to you or your phone caused by this feature.

Downloads
    Downloads and changelogs can be found here on GitHub. The topmost release is the latest. Alternatively, you can simply download the latest version here.

Join the Telegram group for beta builds and support

XDA:DevDB Information
    Proton Kernel, Kernel for the Google Pixel 3 XL

Contributors
    kdrag0n
    Source Code: https://github.com/kdrag0n/proton_bluecross

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v19
    Stable Release Date: 2019-09-08

Created 2018-11-19
    Last Updated 2019-09-09
    Anyone tried kirisakura? Compared to proton
    Can't tell the difference if someone can explain different commits

It's not polite to talk about another kernel in another Dev's thread.

Do your research on it and decide for yourself

I have tried both and have benchmarks if anyone is interested.

as @c_86 already said it´s not polite to do what happened here. It happened in my thread too, so now I have to say something about it.

Between any of us developers here there is no competition. If anyone runs into issues we help each other! Everyone can see what the other is doing, because it´s open source. For a release there are no secrets really.
    By repeatedly bringing up this comparison topic, you effectively discourage us from spending time on our hobby, which is developing.
    Developing takes time and a lot of testing! It also takes time to research about different improvements that we try to implement! We do this for free in our free time. We upload our work for free so everybody can use it. Be it our source code or the kernel you flash!

It´s rude to just go into the threads and ask for comparisons, which is better, which is faster, which is better on battery etc. In my opinion it´s also far from polite to provide benchmarks via PM, to "hide" them away. I hope @24HourClock benchmarked every kernel with more than three benchmarks, in exactly the same environment, exactly on the same conditions and averaged the results from 10 results of each benchmark at least. I have no problems talking about why one kernel benchmarks lower than the other if it adds to a constructive discussion.
    Every developer focuses on different goals and that manifests in the kernel. That is part of the beauty here! Be glad you have all these choices on this forum.

Why not spend your time just researching what the differences are? I linked a lot of information in every of my release posts! It´s easily accessible and relatively simply to understand.
    XDA is not a place to make your phone more cool, more sophisticated or just to show off. XDA is a place for development, for growing together by working together! In the end it´s a place to learn. A few years ago I didn´t know how to compile a kernel! I learned, learned, failed, and try to learn again!

Just try all the brilliant kernels and choices you have here! Judge for yourself which one works best for you! Nobody else mirrors the exact same usage you have! Report back how the kernel works for you. Try to be as precise as possible what works or doesn´t. Try to contribute a part to make the kernel even better. Take part in discussion. Do not post this has better battery life than xyz. This has better performance than xyz. Try to have a constructive attitude in your posts! Explain why you want something. Do research about it. It´s not that hard to start somewhere!
    Proton Kernel v10 has been released. Get it here on GitHub.

Changelog:
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Re-enabled Wi-Fi TSO to fully leverage download speeds over 100 mbit
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Added support for dm-verity (fixes bootloop without Magisk)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Fixed several memory leaks (CAF, @Freak07)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Reduced I/O latency on non-important block devices

Direct download link

Enjoy!
    Proton Kernel v9 has been released. Get it here on GitHub.

Full changelog:
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Upstreamed to Linux 4.9.147
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Fixed bad idle battery drain
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Miscellaneous changes from latest CAF
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Queued read-write lock implementation
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Removed dm-verity completely
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled support for obscure USB input devices
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Miscellaneous memory management patches from CAF
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Reverted hacky network patches from LEDE
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Reverted custom Westwood+ default tunables
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Fixed wake gestures resolution for blueline
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Removed broken and impractical TCP congestion control algorithms
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Added support for common Realtek RTL815x USB Ethernet adapters
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Reduced initial random blocking by trusting hardware RNG
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Enabled protected FIFOs and regular files
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled force fast charge by default (causes USB issues)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled hardened usercopy (up to 8% performance hit in intensive networking scenarios) and string fortification (back to 100% performance + battery focused kernel)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Reduced unnecessary boosting on big cluster
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Fixed some memory leaks
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Enabled CAKE TCP ACK filter
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Replaced ticket spinlocks with queued spinlocks (1-2% faster locks, up to 116% faster in contended I/O cases)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Backported an extra trigger for compaction from mainline 4.10
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Removed devfreq boost trigger on frame commit
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Backported queued spinlock and atomic operation updates from mainline
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Backported hardware accelerated SHA256, SHA512, and other cryptography updates from mainline 4.10
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Backported miscellaneous updates from mainline 4.10 (block direct I/O, etc)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • RCU, locking (mutex, etc), IRQ affinity handling, scheduler, CPU idling, ARM64 architecture support, internal cleanups, and more backports from upstream mainline 4.10
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Increased TCP Small Queue (TCP packet queue chunking) size for cellular data
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled Wi-Fi TCP Segmentation Offload (TSO)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled Wi-Fi debugging (@celtare21)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Reduced input boost duration to 80 ms
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Reverted to LZ4 as default zRAM compressor
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Tuned memory allocation batch size
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Removed rotational flag on loopback devices
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Tuned dirty ratios for less memory usage
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Disabled CPU debugging

Direct download link

Enjoy!
    Proton Kernel v14 has been released. Download

Changelog:
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Upstreamed to Linux 4.9.154
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Removed Adreno Idler
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Tuned display properties
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Updated display driver
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Fixed screen not turning off in TWRP (slower to turn on now)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Fixed occasional recents stuttering
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Fixed stuttering while flinging and video is playing
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Fixed rare fling stuttering
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Enabled System V IPC, POSIX message queues, and namespaces for advanced users (low overhead)
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Reverted dirty security patches
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Reverted useless touchscreen changes for XL
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Reduced wakeup latency
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Switched to BPF JIT instead of interpreter
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Fixed broken touch after switching to another kernel
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Fixed potentially low entropy in random pool
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Reduced SchedTune general boost level
    ​ ​ ​ ​ • Reverted old patch causing memory fragmentation

Download

Enjoy!