/* * Your warranty is no longer valid, unless you lie. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, strained relationships, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * */
This is a no-frills custom kernel for the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL designed to be used with the stock ROM and custom Android 11 ROMs. It's intended to be a simple replacement for the stock kernel that brings several under-the-hood enhancements. This kernel is not meant to be customized by users.
Changelogs for each update can be found in the 2nd post of this thread.
- Compiled with GCC 10.2 from the Arch Linux repository
- Built with Link Time Optimization (LTO) for improved overall kernel performance
- Built with Dead Code Elimination (DCE) to shrink the kernel's size by removing unused code
- Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
- Simple LMK, a custom low memory killer that improves memory management
- Optimized CPU frequencies and EAS energy model for improved performance and battery life
- WireGuard, a next generation secure VPN tunnel
- Passes SafetyNet bootloader unlock check
- Improved gaming performance
- Improved overall system fluidity and graphics performance
- Improved stability
- Many other miscellaneous improvements not listed here
11.0.0-sultan branch: https://github.com/kerneltoast/android_kernel_google_floral
- zx2c4 (for WireGuard)
- osm0sis (for AnyKernel3)
- kdrag0n (for quite a few useful commits)
- If your name should be here and it isn't, then replace my camera with a OnePlus 3
You can flash this kernel normally in TWRP, LineageOS recovery, or Franco Kernel Manager.