[KERNEL][11.0.0] Sultan Kernel [June 16, 2022]

Search This thread

Rakstrooper

Jan 25, 2020
Google Pixel 2
New build is up with some performance issues fixed.
Hi @Sultanxda , will you be able to take everything from xenial v5/v6 and merge into sultan? its not actively maintained anymore but is touted as the best kernel for Pixel 2 (especially v5) and unfortunately the source code is lost so no one is working on making it work with android 12. Since your kernel is great and I am most likely going to install it with a12 custom rom can you fold xenial into yours and best bits of kirisakura? I heard blackenedMOD and PK tuning script does wonders for performance, can you look into those too? Thanks in advance!

Sultanxda

Recognized Developer
Hi @Sultanxda , will you be able to take everything from xenial v5/v6 and merge into sultan? its not actively maintained anymore but is touted as the best kernel for Pixel 2 (especially v5) and unfortunately the source code is lost so no one is working on making it work with android 12. Since your kernel is great and I am most likely going to install it with a12 custom rom can you fold xenial into yours and best bits of kirisakura? I heard blackenedMOD and PK tuning script does wonders for performance, can you look into those too? Thanks in advance!
No.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is no longer valid, unless you lie.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, strained relationships,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

This is a no-frills custom kernel for the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL designed to be used with the stock ROM and custom Android 11 ROMs. It's intended to be a simple replacement for the stock kernel that brings several under-the-hood enhancements. This kernel is not meant to be customized by users.

Changelogs for each update can be found in the 2nd post of this thread.

Features:

• Full real-time preemption (PREEMPT_RT), which makes the kernel as responsive and stutter-free as possible
    • Compiled with GCC 12.1 from the Arch Linux repository
    • Built with Link Time Optimization (LTO) for improved overall kernel performance
    • Built with Dead Code Elimination (DCE) to shrink the kernel's size by removing unused code
    • Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
    • Simple LMK, a custom low memory killer that improves memory management
    • Optimized CPU frequencies and EAS energy model for improved performance and battery life
    • WireGuard, a next generation secure VPN tunnel
    • Passes SafetyNet bootloader unlock check
    • Improved gaming performance
    • Improved overall system fluidity and graphics performance
    • Improved stability
    • Many other miscellaneous improvements not listed here

Source code:
    11.0.0-sultan branch: https://github.com/kerneltoast/android_kernel_google_floral

Credits:
    • zx2c4 (for WireGuard)
    • osm0sis (for AnyKernel3)
    • kdrag0n (for quite a few useful commits)
    • If your name should be here and it isn't, then replace my camera with a OnePlus 3

Installation instructions:
    You can flash this kernel normally in TWRP, LineageOS recovery, or Franco Kernel Manager.

Telegram group:
    https://t.me/sultanskernel

Downloads:
    Latest kernel
    New build is up.
    New build is up! It's technically for Android 11, but I know some who have used my kernel on 12 and 13 without any issues.

This build is a very big update since it brings full real-time preemption, also known as PREEMPT_RT. What this does is essentially make the kernel as responsive as possible, eliminating lots of random stutters that just can't be fixed on normal kernels. I spent about 3 months fixing all the bugs I could find with PREEMPT_RT and then optimizing many drivers in the kernel to further improve overall responsiveness. This should be a very smooth kernel. Enjoy!
    New build is up with August security fixes and some other small esoteric improvements I haven't listed.
    New build is up with more fixes and optimizations relating to deep sleep!