[Kernel][27.06.2023][Android 12] Kirisakura 2.0.1_S for Asus Rog Phone 3 aka OBIWAN

Search This thread

kennedyds

Feb 26, 2021
if you see the bootloader unlocked screen during the restart, after the restart share the files in sys/fs/pstore and upload them here.
make sure to not run any magisk modules or other modifications, besides the ak helper zip that comes with the kernel.

no crashes for me the last 7 days without a single reboot. without logs I can´t do anything.

Attachments

• pstore.rar
    94.7 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: Freak07

kennedyds

Feb 26, 2021
can you share another set of logs (contents of sys/fs/pstore) after one of those crashes?
I checked the problem and installed busybox NDK first and then 1.0.1_ R will lead to conflict and collapse. Error in KVM operation only.

If there is no busybox NDK, there will be no crash, only 1.0.1_ R is there no problem in inventory? I can only explore slowly.

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Update to 1.0.5_R

Hey guys and girls,

So here´s the next update.
The kernel is now made for the firmware 18.0410.2108.158. Please make sure to update to this firmware before flashing the kernel to avoid potential issues. You can always flash the previous kernel, before I find time to update the kernel with the latest source, just don´t report issues if you decide to do so.

Link to full firmware zip: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...S_I003_1-ASUS-18.0410.2108.158-1.1.5-user.zip

Linux-Stable Upstream as well as CAF upstream is included. The latest prebuilt clang from google git was used to compile the kernel.
Overhead from PSI memory tracking driver was reduced.

Fix random lockups that can rarely happen when magisk is installed (the probability is increased with certain magisk modules and configurations)

More details in the changelog below and on GitHub as usual.

I´d advise everybody to read the instructions in the OP and follow them. They are written for a reason, because they ensure everything will be working as expected.
Kernel is made for the latest stock rom from Asus, you must update your phone to the most recent Asus update, before flashing the kernel.

Enjoy!

Changelog:
- Include Source for 18.0410.2108.158
- Include linux-stable upstream to 4.19.204 (stock android 11 kernel is at 4.19.110)
- include latest CAF-upstream for the A11 base
- use prebuilt clang 13.0.1 from google for compilation
- disable per cgroup tracking to reduce overhead by PSI driver
- fix device to randomly lock up shortly after booting (probability is likely increased with certain magisk modules)

I wish you all a nice day/evening!

Download is below :)

Download is in this folder:
Instructions how to flash the kernel can be found in the OP!
But look at this post too :)

To make use of the CleanSlate features you need to download both CleanSlate Apps:
Please take a look at the CleanSlate thread for CleanSlate features. On the CleanSlate thread you will find links to both apps, companion and configuration app, to control the CleanSlate features.
If you use the CleanSlate features and benefit over time, maybe think about giving something back to @tbalden and purchase them from PlayStore. :)

Have fun, enjoy the kernel and your phone.

Donations are not mandatory but very welcome.
If you like my work and want to buy me a coffee/green tea: http://paypal.me/freak07

sploink

Jan 11, 2021
LG G4
Acer Predator 6
Update to 1.0.5_R

Hey guys and girls,

So here´s the next update.
The kernel is now made for the firmware 18.0410.2108.158. Please make sure to update to this firmware before flashing the kernel to avoid potential issues. You can always flash the previous kernel, before I find time to update the kernel with the latest source, just don´t report issues if you decide to do so.

Link to full firmware zip: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...S_I003_1-ASUS-18.0410.2108.158-1.1.5-user.zip

Linux-Stable Upstream as well as CAF upstream is included. The latest prebuilt clang from google git was used to compile the kernel.
Overhead from PSI memory tracking driver was reduced.

Fix random lockups that can rarely happen when magisk is installed (the probability is increased with certain magisk modules and configurations)

I´d advise everybody to read the instructions in the OP and follow them. They are written for a reason, because they ensure everything will be working as expected.
Kernel is made for the latest stock rom from Asus, you must update your phone to the most recent Asus update, before flashing the kernel.

Enjoy!

Changelog:
- Include Source for 18.0410.2108.158
- Include linux-stable upstream to 4.19.204 (stock android 11 kernel is at 4.19.110)
- use prebuilt clang 13.0.1 from google for compilation
- disable per cgroup tracking to reduce overhead by PSI driver
- fix device to randomly lock up shortly after booting (probability is likely increased with certain magisk modules)

To make use of the CleanSlate features you need to download both CleanSlate Apps:
Please take a look at the CleanSlate thread for CleanSlate features. On the CleanSlate thread you will find links to both apps, companion and configuration app, to control the CleanSlate features.
If you use the CleanSlate features and benefit over time, maybe think about giving something back to @tbalden and purchase them from PlayStore. :)

If you like my work and want to buy me a coffee/green tea: http://paypal.me/freak07
This maybe not related to the post but I want to ask on how can I flash stock firmware (latest) without losing twrp and root?

kepetrov

May 1, 2010
Sofia
ASUS ROG Phone 3
I dont know its kernel related, but my GPS isnt working right. It refreshes location every 1 minute and Maps isnt usable. I need to clear Google Play Services storage and cache every day to have usable Maps. In previous firmware and kernel version was the same. Never had this problem on Android 10.

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
I dont know its kernel related, but my GPS isnt working right. It refreshes location every 1 minute and Maps isnt usable. I need to clear Google Play Services storage and cache every day to have usable Maps. In previous firmware and kernel version was the same. Never had this problem on Android 10.
I believe I recall people talking about that exact issue on the Zenfone 7 forums on zentalk. So I guess it's an issue in asus firmware.

The only other advice I can give is to remove all apps, tweaks, mods and magisk modules. Especially ones that are anything like "fix drain from play services" or "solve background drain" etc.
If it persists maybe report the issue on zentalk.

darth_waldi

Jan 13, 2010
Hi
my display is broken third time and can someone make me a photo with pin screen lock because i must try blindly unlock my phone connected to monitor via hdmi
Thanks in advance :)

borygo77

Screenshot_20210907-051912750.jpg

Lossani

Sep 13, 2021
ASUS ROG Phone 5
Hello is this completely useless without root? I mean, can I install it while rooted then remove root? If I can use it without root what would not work? Thank you for your hard work!

BUB0Y

Sep 28, 2021
Hello is the aeroactive cooler working with this kernel?

When I tried to use my aeroactive cooler it's showing "Please only use the ROG Phone 3's AeroActive Cooler." message

EDIT: I just reflashed the 1.0.5.zip then its working now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kirisakura-Kernel for the Rog Phone 3

Hello everyone,

To keep it short: Here is Kirisakura - Kernel for the Rog Phone 3 aka OBIWAN.
    I would appreciate if everybody that flashes the kernel, reads at least once through this opening post and the following ones.

Kirisakura - Kernel is designed to bring a handful of beneficial features to the device, while ensuring excellent performance and smoothness to get you safely through the day!

This project aims to keep most of the subsystems updated, way ahead of the stock kernel, thereby improving security and performance, while keeping stability as the foucs during testing! This includes Linux-Stable, CAF-Upstream and kernel/common.
    Kernel Control Flow Integrity (Kernel-CFI), which is achieved by linking the kernel with LLD and Link Time Optimization (LTO), more precisely ThinLTO, are quite unique security features. In fact this, alongside Kirisakura-Kernel for the OnePlus 8 Pro, may be (and probably is) the first 4.19 msm kernel with a fully working Kernel-CFI implementation and CFI-Violations fixed on a smartphone.
    The only kernels made by OEMs offering this security feature are the ones for the Pixel 3 and Pixel 4 devices.
    The recently released Kirisakura-Kernel for the OnePlus 8 Pro was featured on the XDA-Portal due to the inclusion of CFI. The featured article explains CFI in great details, is easy to understand and definitely worth to read.

Another security feature is Shadow Call Stack (SCS). Similar to CFI, only the Pixle 3 and 4 Kernel use this security feature.
    SCS is another security patchset that is aimed at preventing attacks via return oriented programming (ROP).
    ROP is a technique where the attacker gains control of the kernel stack to overwrite function return addresses and redirect execution to carefully selected parts of existing kernel code.
    If you´re interested here are a few good links:
    Google Security Blog explaining SCS.
    LLVM doc about SCS
    Android DOCs documenting SCS

If reading about upstream in the paragraph above got you curious,have a read about Linux-Stable and why it is important here. The stable-process is not the same for every subsystem, but the general idea, rule of thumb and benefits are applicable for other subsystems as well.

Quick explanation of CAF-Upstream. CAF is short for Codeaurora-Forums. This is the place where development from Qualcomm for their SoCs happens. This includes the Snapdragon 865/+ that´s built into the different SKUs of the Rog Phone 3.
    The kernel-bases available on the Codeaurora-Forums, are basically the foundations OEMs use, to build their own kernel additions on top for devices featuring Qualcomm SoCs.
    The Qualcomm developers push regular updates to the bases of the different SoCs, a bit similar to how Linux-Upstream works. OEMs usually stop updating the initial base after the phone is released.
    This kernel focuses amongst the other features to provide the latest CAF-Updates merged in a regular manner, to provide updates, improvements and enhancements for SoC specific drivers and subsystems! This might take a while, because a lot of device specific testing is done on my end to ensure stability.

The kernel includes a lot of improvements and contributions from other developers as well. Without this kernel would not exist.
    I´d like to mention @tbalden ´s excellent CleanSlate features at this place. They improve usability by a big margin for me personally. The highly customizable sweep to sleep implementation (adjustable to different navigation settings), long tap to bring down status bar (very useful on a big device), backlight dimmer and notification reminder are very useful features that I use personally every day.
    Another big part of improvements originate from @arter97´s, @kdrag0n´s and @Sultanxda´s work. Many others contributed in some way or another to this kernel.
    A big thanks to all of them at this place!

Now lets continue with a list of features in the next paragraph!

Main Features:
    - Based on latest kernel sources from Asus for Android 12 and intended for use on the latest Asus Stock-Firmware
    - compiled with Clang 13.0.1 and built with -O3 speed optimizations
    - Linux-Stable-Upstream included to 4.19.240
    - CAF base for the Snapdragon 865/+ (SD865/+) updated to upstream CAF
    - Kernel Control-Flow-Integration (CFI) andLink-Time-Optimization (LTO) ported from 4.19 kernel/common and Pixel 4/XL Kernel
    - Shadow Call Stack (SCS) Security-Feature
    - Use ThinLTO which was first used in the Pixel 4 XL Android R-Preview Kernel instead of full LTO for full program visibility (needed by CFI)
    - fix CFI-Violations found in various subsystems like Asus/device specific drivers and qualcomm drivers
    - Link the kernel with LLD and use RELR-Relocation
    - include important fixes/improvements from kernel/common
    - Flashing the kernel will keep root!
    - Cleanslate Features included! See @tbaldens´s CleanSlate Thread for more information
    - Flashable via EXKM, FKM or TWRP on a rooted system!
    - Anykernel zip is based on the Anykernel3 release from @osm0sis
    - disable various debugging configs, that are not needed in a perf build kernel according to google.
    - disable selinux auditing (we don´t have to adress selinux denials running a stock rom)
    - display tweaks to reduce power consumption on statically rendered images
    - tweak display to allow better visibility of black levels/colours on low brightness ( example pictures )
    - allow experimental 165hz refresh rate for the panel. (use with caution)

EAS related features:
    - EAS implementation patched up to latest CAF state
    - disable autogroups and use cgroups for more efficient task placement!
    - updates from kernel/common
    - scheduler updates from Googles Pixel kernel

CPU related features:
    - Change various drivers (WLAN, MM, audio, charger, power, thermal, glink etc) to user power efficient workingqueues. This compliments EAS
    - include cpuidle patches from CAF
    - improvements to cpufreq/times/stats
    - improve memory allocations in binder driver
    - use s2idle for deepsleep, as pixel 4/5
    - vdso32 patches as found on Google Pixel devices (brief documentation here)
    - enable lse atomics
    - arm64: lse: Prefetch operands to speed up atomic operations, thanks @kdrag0n
    - implement fast refcount checking

GPU related features:
    - GPU driver updated to latest CAF-State
    - remove POPP functionality from GPU driver to avoid constant fight about downscaling with msm-adreno-tz
    - don´t wake the gpu on touch input, instead wake when receiving an ioctl
    - don´t copy fence names by default to save a bit of cpu-time (explanation)
    - msm: kgsl: Stop slab shrinker when no more pages can be reclaimed
    - gpu/kgsl improvements from pixel 4/pixel 5 kernel

File System related features:
    - improve memory allocations in sdcardfs
    - improve eventpoll logging to stop indicting timerfd (improves kernel wakelock readability)
    - improve memory allocations in kernfs
    - writeback: hardcode dirty_expire_centisecs=3000 based on this commit
    - f2fs-stable upstream, that includes ATGC
    - ufs improvements from pixel 4/ pixel 5 kernel

UI/UX/Usability related features from CleanSlate:
    - CleanSlate features made by @tbalden
    - Disclaimer: All CleanSlate features can be controlled via the free companion and config app found on CleanSlate thread here on the ROG 3 Forums on XDA. Please consider buying the premium versions if you enjoy using the CleanSlate features, to give a little something back to @tbalden.
    - Flashlight Notification/Call blinking
    - Vibrating Notification Reminder
    - Sweep to Sleep touchscreen gesture - highly customizable
    - DoubleTap on Sweep2Sleep's area gestures - new way to pull down android Notification Area
    - Face down screen off - new gesture
    - Backlight Dimmer - possibility to use lower panel brightness
    - Force FPS Level on Low Brightness
    - Squeeze Control
    - advanced notification LED control, chromatic charge LED, pulsating LED, LED dimming

Network related features:
    - Wireguard Support (Details)
    - advanced TCP algorithms enabled
    - includes new bbr and bbr2
    - fix CVE-2020-14386

Memory related features:
    - Speculative Page Faults left enabled (1. 2) (CAF default)
    - various fixes for PSI-Monitor, which is used by the userspace lowmemorykiller-daemon
    - Fix various memory leaks in different subsystems
    - improved mm with patches from mainline
    - various other changes from mainline
    - included zstd as an option for ZRAM-algorithm (lz4 is probably the best all around, so only change it if you know why and what you are doing)
    - improve memory allocations in various subsystems
    - ported per process reclaim from Pixel 5 kernel, instead of using outdated CAF implemenation

Security related features:
    - Control-Flow-Integration (CFI) and Link-Time-Optimization (LTO) ported from 4.19 kernel/common and Pixel 4/XL Kernel
    - Use ThinLTO which was first used in the Pixel 4 XL Android R-Kernel instead of full LTO
    - Shadow Call Stack (SCS) Security-Feature
    - fix various CFI-Violations found in various subsystems like Asus/device specific drivers and qualcomm drivers
    - enable init_on_alloc for even more security, more information can be found in the commit message
    - Backport mainline Selinux commits, thanks @arter97 (you must be on magisk 21.0, otherwise the kernel won´t boot)

Misc Features:

TCP Congestion Algorithms:
    - advanced algorithms enabled, enable them with your favorite kernel manager
    - includes new bbr2
    Wakelock Blocker:
    - advanced wakelock blocker with the ability to block any wakelocks (dangerous, use with caution)
    - please read [URL="https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/08/p-is-for-power-how-google-tests-tracks-and-improves-android-battery-life/"]this for further info
    - blocking a kernel wakelock should only be done in case of firmware incompatabilities (WiFi network at work (can´t be changed) causes deep sleep to not work on the phone.) That´s the only use case I see for this feature. The kernel does not features this to improve battery life!

Other features:
    - disable logging and debugging to make the kernel more lightweight in various places (includes binder, mm, vma, gpu, ipa etc)
    - fix several coding issues detected by newer Clang-Toolchains
    - add support for steam controller
    - add support for nintendo switch controller
    - ufs improvements from pixel 4/ pixel 5 kernel
    - gpu/kgsl improvements from pixel 4/pixel 5 kernel
    - display tweaks to reduce power consumption on statically rendered images

Feature section for the "non visible" but perceptible improvements:
    - updated binder section (responsible for interprocess communication)
    - updated sdcardfs ; have a read about it here:

Flashing Guide, Download and Changelog

A description how to flash the kernel, links for download and a changelog can be found in the second post!

Contributors
    Freak07
    Source Code: https://github.com/freak07/Kirisakura_OBIWAN

Version Information
    Stable
    Update to 1.0.0_R

Hey guys and girls,

I hope everybody had a great week so far. Here it finally is, the update for Android 11.
    The kernel includes all previous features from Android 10.
    Due to the upstream CAF-bases being completely different and incompatible between Android 10 and Android 11 and this kernel being as far from stock kernel as it can get, the kernel needed to be rebased from scratch.
    This was a long and tedious process.

The kernel is now made for the firmware 18.0410.2106.138. Please make sure to update to this firmware before flashing the kernel to avoid potential issues. You can always flash the previous kernel, before I find time to update the kernel with the latest source, just don´t report issues if you decide to do so.

Link to full firmware zip: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...S_I003_1-ASUS-18.0410.2106.138-1.1.5-user.zip

Enjoy!

Changelog:
    - Update for Android 11
    - Include Source for 18.0410.2106.138
    - Include linux-stable upstream to 4.19.200 (stock android 11 is at 4.19.110)
    - use prebuilt clang 12.0.7 from google for compilation
    - retain all previous features from android 10 (please refer to the OP)

Requirements

- unlocked Bootloader
    - USB-Debugging in developer options enabled
    - latest adb and fastboot binaries
    - working adb and fastboot environment
    - latest magisk stable root environment
    - a backup of boot.img and dtbo.img to be able to restore to stock.

How to flash the Kernel:

1. Download the latest kernel.zip and make sure you have properly updated to the latest matching Asus Stock-Firmware. When the Rog 3 receives an update it takes Asus a while to release the source code for the new OS and me a while to build a new kernel. If you don´t want to face any issues, wait until I either release an updated kernel or give green light because there were no kernel changes.
    Always make sure to run the firmware the kernel is built for!

1a. Optional: While it may not be necessary all times, you may want to restore stock boot.img as well as dtbo.img, re-root with magisk and optionally install twrp.zip if coming from another kernel. Before reporting issues make sure you do that! Thank you!

2. Make sure to meet all the requirements listed above.

3. Flash the kernel.zip via latest EXKM or FKM app, or TWRP and do a full reboot.

4. Reboot and profit. Set CleanSlate features as you desire by installing both apps and choose according to your liking.

DOWNLOAD:
    Download is located always in this folder:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=316676

Starting from 2.0.1_S releases will be attached to the release posts as AFH is no longer working correctly.

Important: Read after Download
    Please take a look at the second post after flashing the kernel!

Changelog:

Android 10

1.0.0 Initial Release
    1.0.1 https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83393257&postcount=12
    1.0.2 https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83409591&postcount=28
    1.1.7 https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83518681&postcount=32
    1.2.2 https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83539471&postcount=33
    1.2.3 https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83552967&postcount=38
    1.5.0 https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83815367&postcount=74
    1.8.2 https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-30-1...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-84199477
    1.9.4 https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-01-0...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-84404331
    2.1.0 https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-01-0...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-84693785
    2.1.1 https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-25-0...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-84717725
    2.2.0 https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-25-0...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-84752157
    2.2.2 https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-02-0...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-84762283
    2.2.4 https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-02-0...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-85029489
    2.2.5 https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-17-0...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-85119205

Android 11
    1.0.0_R https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-02-0...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-85434269
    1.0.1_R https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-05-0...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-85437987
    1.0.5_R https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-06-0...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-85540573
    1.0.7_R https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-19-1...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-85797081
    1.0.9_R https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-19-1...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-86238185
    1.1.0_R https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-11-0...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-86428163
    1.1.1_R https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-15-0...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-86444523

Android 12
    2.0.0_S https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-18-0...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-87102871
    2.0.1_S https://xdaforums.com/t/kernel-03-0...-rog-phone-3-aka-obiwan.4155505/post-88689571

Donations:
    Donations are not mandatory but very welcome if you want to support development or just buy me a coffee/tea :)
    If you like my work: http://paypal.me/freak07

Credits:
    Asus for the development device, giving me the opportunity to create this project!
    @osm0sis for all his work, including the ak3 installer!
    @tbalden for being the best HTC, Pixel, OnePlus and now Asus wingman!
    @LeeDroid and @mwilky for their awesome roms and work I used on multiple devices!
    @Captain_Throwback for all the mentoring and guidance!
    @Eliminater74 for bringing me into the game and the Inspiration
    @nathanchance for his upstream guidance and assistance
    @RenderBroken for helping me out
    @flar2 for all his work
    @joshuous for all the help he provided to me in the past!
    @arter97 for giving me advice
    @kdrag0n for his help and advices!
    @topjohnwu for magisk!
    Update to 1.8.2

Hey guys and girls,

New Update. It includes the source for the new firmware 17.0823.2012.122.
    Make sure to update to this firmware, before flashing the kernel. The zip won´t flash by default on older firmware.

On 1.8.2 Linux-Stable Upstream is merged, as well as CAF-Upstream.
    Memory improvements, small update to the scheduler, vdso32, and some others are mentioned in the changelog as usual. Some with links for those that like to read it.

Disclaimer/Important:
    Since Release 1.5.0 Selinux-Mainline patches are backported now that Magisk 21.0 and greater support it. This gives selinux a performance boost.
    You need to have upgraded to magisk 21.0 before flashing the kernel!
    The download can be found here: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v21.0/Magisk-v21.0.zip
    Alternatively download latest magisk manager from here: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/manager-v8.0.2/MagiskManager-v8.0.2.apk
    Go to Settings and set Magisk Channel to Beta to get Magisk 21.0!
    If you´re on of those that can´t boot 21.0 or greater with the stock kernel, update to 21.0 or higher and flash Kirisakura Kernel without a reboot. Your device should boot up fine.

Enjoy!

Changelog:
    - Update Source Code to Asus Source 17.0823.2012.122 (make sure to update your phone before attempting to flash the kernel)
    - Linux-Stable Upstream 4.19.164
    - Merge latest CAF-Upstream
    - kernel/common updates
    - vdso32 patches as found on Google Pixel devices (brief documentation here)
    - Backport to enable CONFIG_HAVE_MOVE_PMD (see here) , thanks @arter97
    - Backport to enable CONFIG_HAVE_MOVE_PUD (commit here) , thanks @arter97
    - enable lse atomics
    - arm64: lse: Prefetch operands to speed up atomic operations, thanks @kdrag0n
    - f2fs improvements
    - scheduler improvements
    - other changes please take a look at github

Download:

Kernel:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145705484

If you like my work please consider a donation.
    Update to 1.9.4

Hey guys and girls,

New Update. It includes the source for the new firmware 17.0823.2012.131.
    Make sure to update to this firmware, before flashing the kernel so no conflicts arise.

1.9.4 includes latest Linux-Stable Upstream as well as CAF-Upstream.

I also created a magisk module to hide the hardwarestub service warning for those with converted devices on my kernel. No paid app is required for it. Flash it via Magisk Manager and the notification will be hidden.
    Please note that refresh rate can´t be changed when the module is flashed. To able to change refresh rate or to remove the module, simple remove it in Magisk Manager and do a full reboot. I´ll attach it to the third post on this thread. There will be no support for this module from my side and no other support for converted devices.

Disclaimer/Important:
    Since Release 1.5.0 Selinux-Mainline patches are backported now that Magisk 21.0 and greater support it. This gives selinux a performance boost.
    You need to have upgraded to magisk 21.0 before flashing the kernel!
    If you´re on of those that could not boot 21.0 or greater with the stock kernel, this issue is solved on magisk 21400 and above.

Enjoy!

Changelog:
    - Update Source Code to Asus Source 17.0823.2012.131 (make sure to update your phone before attempting to flash the kernel)
    - use latest clang 12.0.2 prebuilt by google and fix clang errors
    - Linux-Stable Upstream 4.19.172
    - Merge latest CAF-Upstream
    - kernel/common updates
    - updates to usb_accessory
    - f2fs-stable upstream
    - implement fast refcount checking
    - other changes please take a look at github

Download:

Kernel:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145726355

If you like my work please consider a donation.