[Kernel][10.06.2022][4.9.317][Android 12]Kirisakura_S 5.1.1 for Pixel 3/XL aka Bluecross

Search This thread

EMJI79

So with kernel 2.1.0 on stock rom, with many stuff disabled that I don't use. I am losing battery very fast. I have magisk 18.1 installed.
If I use phone, I lose 2-3% within 10 minutes. And I use phone for basic stuff, texting, email. I have location services off, bluetooth off. Not many apps installed either. No social media apps installed.

You can always do a reboot. Sometimes it's enough.

joetheshmo

Oct 28, 2015
Santa Cruz, CA
So with kernel 2.1.0 on stock rom, with many stuff disabled that I don't use. I am losing battery very fast. I have magisk 18.1 installed.

If I use phone, I lose 2-3% within 10 minutes. And I use phone for basic stuff, texting, email. I have location services off, bluetooth off. Not many apps installed either. No social media apps installed.
I have ~8%/hr active drain on 2.1.0 so it's probably a rogue app?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: codygs83

yung40oz84

Sep 23, 2014
sites.psu.edu
I haven't really found another kernel to give me battery comparable to stock, so I'd say you probably have a rogue application or something else going on. I always do a full wipe when I face issues like that. Then if it is still happening after that, get a battery monitor app and find the rogue application sucking battery.

LimitsX

Nov 14, 2010
I haven't really found another kernel to give me battery comparable to stock, so I'd say you probably have a rogue application or something else going on. I always do a full wipe when I face issues like that. Then if it is still happening after that, get a battery monitor app and find the rogue application sucking battery.

I did a full wipe. Literally deleted everything from TWRP. Then flash-all march stock with wipe. installed Magisk v18.1, then this kernel. No apps installed but ad away and magisk tbh. I have dark mode enable in whatever stock rom allows.

Can you recommend which battery monitor app is good?

I only have stock apps :\. It is strange.

Maybe dark mode and night mode enabled is causing drain?

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
I did a full wipe. Literally deleted everything from TWRP. Then flash-all march stock with wipe. installed Magisk v18.1, then this kernel. No apps installed but ad away and magisk tbh. I have dark mode enable in whatever stock rom allows.

Can you recommend which battery monitor app is good?

I only have stock apps :\. It is strange.

Maybe dark mode and night mode enabled is causing drain?
Hey :)

As the others said it’s probably not the kernel. I’m getting really good battery life too.
Best app to find rogue apps or possible cause of drain is better battery stats. You can find it here on XDA :cowboy:

No Q DP1 kernel ready for us die hard tinkerers? :p

I´m not using Q. Since there is not root, what´s there to tinker with anyway?

I know you did not get Zram writeback to work but for PSI would it be possible to create a flashable zip for stock PIE that would give us this benefit? That may have been what you meant by the patch set, lol.

The kernel I have been running since you dropped it and I have not had one single issue at all.

With patchset I meant a range of commits custom ROM maintainers can merge and include it in their builds. Maybe there will be a flashable zip at some point, but I´m tight on time so no promises on that front.

I just checked the Q source again, and it seems ZRAM writeback is enabled in the kernel, but the ROM side implementation is actually missing in the Q source.
I tried to implement ZRAM Writeback directly from Googles master branch (not Q branch) into a Pie custom rom but all I get is a crash after boot up for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanx86

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Update to 2.1.1

Hey guys and girls,

As announced here is the kernel with 4.9.164 included!

Have fun flashing and a nice day everyone :)

Changelog:

- Linux-stable bumped up to 4.9.164

Important :)

All flashing errors are now fixed. If you experience the ramdisk error please take a look at the FAQ.

Have fun flashing and enjoy your device with latest linux-stable :)

Why is linux-stable important?

I wish you all a nice day/evening!

Download is below :)

Download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397921389
or following the link in the op to the correction version

Instructions can be found in the OP!
But look at this post too :)

Have fun, enjoy the kernel and your phone.

If you like my work please consider a donation.
Donations are not mandatory but very welcome.
If you like my work and want to buy me a coffee: http://paypal.me/freak07

LimitsX

Nov 14, 2010
Does the new update address high battery drain?
I installed another kernel, and no such high battery drain. I did thorough checking, there is something in kernel 2.1.0 that is/was draining battery very fast.

MArtyChubbs

Does the new update address high battery drain?

I installed another kernel, and no such high battery drain. I did thorough checking, there is something in kernel 2.1.0 that is/was draining battery very fast.
Yep, the changelog clearly says "fixed high battery drain that nobody is experiencing but one who has no idea what the cause is but has nailed it down to...something".

I'm kidding... But it's odd you asked that after @freak7 responded. Your kidding too, right? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jcmm11

Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
That was strange. Don't think it's explicitly the kernel but I just had a hard reboot. Ramoops attached.

Attachments

• Ramoops.zip
    128.4 KB · Views: 8

yung40oz84

Sep 23, 2014
sites.psu.edu
Really, don't want to add more crap
You are just a user correct? Your opinion is fine, but please research before you call something crap. DTS is definitely not crap. Also, are you trying to say there is too much crap in this kernel ? Because you said anymore... The point of this kernel is to be diverse I believe. That's why it contains so much "crap", lol. Anyway, it is only a few very simple commits and brings very great sound experience to the user. Lastly, it doesn't affect anyone unless they actually flash the zips to install either DTS HeadphoneX or DTS ultra, so it's not really a losing situation for anyone.

Reactions: yyz71

Top Liked Posts