[CLOSED][KERNEL][11/10] Parallax Kernel [Overclocked][BEST TOUCH/KERNEL FOR POCO/GAMING]

Do you like this kernel for gaming?

• yes

Votes: 30 73.2%
  • no

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dakkshesh07

Oct 1, 2020
Hyderabad
Realme XT
how much screen refresh rate oc? is it 65hz or could be more?
two months using Sesh kernel that had 66hz & feel so satisfying but unfortunately ig the dev abandoned it with no more update.

--edit--
sorry my bad, flashed it already & it's optional from 60hz to 71hz. but like Sesh, unfortunately my phone can't handle refresh rate more than 66hz (sad). touchscreen become malfunction. i hope i could feel that 71hz mod on my poco...

anyway, thank you for your efforts & hopefully this will be regularly updated.
bro the hz that your phone can climb upto is not depended on the kernel but on the panel, some go higher where as some go lower, that means which ever kernel you try you can just use 66hz

and coming to updates, parallax is on off my most prioritized projects so you can expect updated for long time!

Last edited:

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012
C:\Earth\Asia\Indonesia\Tangerang
bro the hz that your phone can climb upto is not depended on the kernel but on the panel, some go higher where as some go lower, that means which ever kernel you try you can just use 66hz

and coming to updates, parallax is on off my most prioritized projects so you can expect updated for long time!
yes i knew it from someone in telegram told me about panels... i just hoping tho 😅

that's great news i want to hear... thanks

kishore1998

Jun 15, 2016
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
My review from this kernel.
The kernel is very fast, one of the fastest I've ever tested, however I needed to use another thermal, the lawrun module thermal, the touch is very fast, but if you want an even faster touch and play with 6 fingers like me , I installed the zeetouch V13 module, another detail is that my screen has retention, so I used the lawrun module to fix the retention too, if you can put a module that fixes the retention in the kernel installation it would help a lot, and others thermal options at installation, is perfect.
PUBG ultraHD / extreme 57-60fps same on lower settings
Genshin impact 40-60FPS ultra settings
3Dmark
Slingshot extreme score 5400-5500
Wild Life 2278-2285
corvus android 10 latest 29/12
paralax v5 NVT 850mhz with lawrun thermal
thank you dev
Hey, could you please share links to all 3 modules via DM?

dakkshesh07

Oct 1, 2020
Hyderabad
Realme XT
you don't need them in the new version, although the gpu clock has decreased now it works on anyone, with 850mhz only a few can do it, thermal if you don't like it you can test bens thermal.
Well I decreased the oc for reducing the people complaining about it crashing. Well they don't wanna read the thread properly so thought to just decrease it to a safe speed

robertaalves

Sep 2, 2020
Well I decreased the oc for reducing the people complaining about it crashing. Well they don't wanna read the thread properly so thought to just decrease it to a safe speed
the new version is very good, if possible you can put 850mhz unlocked to select manually and use 820mhz in the profile? or in the installation process, if you can’t have no problem too, it’s very good. I'm still having trouble installing on android 11 the app doesn't install, although I use more android 10 so no problem

dakkshesh07

Oct 1, 2020
Hyderabad
Realme XT
the new version is very good, if possible you can put 850mhz unlocked to select manually and use 820mhz in the profile? or in the installation process, if you can’t have no problem too, it’s very good. I'm still having trouble installing on android 11 the app doesn't install, although I use more android 10 so no problem
The app is been removed as we moved to a new profiles and init, you have to manually download spectrum from play store for profiles, this made us get a lighter zip and as we used out own spectrum and not relied on d8g init
now we can get android 11 support too! after flashing the kernel boot to the OS and install spectrum for playstore and start using the profiles, no need to wait for auto reboot or nothing!

and coming to the 850mhz OC idea, its a good idea but ig that gpu oc is not needed any ways unless you are a heavy benchmarker. and it also increases the risk of gpu damage.... so as a developer i thought to take a safe path

stinka318

Oct 6, 2014
LG V20
Xiaomi Poco F1
Ok just been playing around to fix a issue that I was facing was not able to get playstore to work in Australia with this kernel so tried stock and still no success so completely wiped device and left it alone until battery completely drain to absolutely zero power then recharge it to 100 percent while in recovery then flashed latest stock rom it worked now have root with stealth kernel but noticed now have screen burn on just one spot on one side usual......

robertaalves

Sep 2, 2020
The app is been removed as we moved to a new profiles and init, you have to manually download spectrum from play store for profiles, this made us get a lighter zip and as we used out own spectrum and not relied on d8g init
now we can get android 11 support too! after flashing the kernel boot to the OS and install spectrum for playstore and start using the profiles, no need to wait for auto reboot or nothing!

and coming to the 850mhz OC idea, its a good idea but ig that gpu oc is not needed any ways unless you are a heavy benchmarker. and it also increases the risk of gpu damage.... so as a developer i thought to take a safe path
yes i would only use the 850mhz for benchmark, normally i play in profile balance, but no problem, good job (y)

dakkshesh07

Oct 1, 2020
Hyderabad
Realme XT
Ok just been playing around to fix a issue that I was facing was not able to get playstore to work in Australia with this kernel so tried stock and still no success so completely wiped device and left it alone until battery completely drain to absolutely zero power then recharge it to 100 percent while in recovery then flashed latest stock rom it worked now have root with stealth kernel but noticed now have screen burn on just one spot on one side usual......
So you got the fix? or is it still a problem with parallax? i really dont know why, i have to take a look at the problem if it still there....

Luigi_2

Sep 5, 2010
Excuse my question but how do I set screen refresh rate, installed V6 on LOS 17.1 both old and new driver.

felixpaz1992

May 18, 2014
Could you please activate the option to choose the Hz speed and let everyone choose the configuration that best suits their needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome To Our Thread For Parallax Kernel For poco f1

header12.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*

* Your warranty is... Still valid??.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

Introduction
    Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for the Poco(phone) F1.
    First off, I am not a superstar kernel developer, I'm just trying to build a kernel out of some basic/simple kernel source and trying to add amazing features and optimization from other famous kernels and even some by myself.

our aim with parallax
    our aim is to provide the best performance to hardcore gamers out there, to accomplish this we overclocked the GPU up to 820mhz and made it super stable using some custom power optimization, but our aim didn't stop there! with the best performance, we wanted to solve a big problem in poco community, which is touch!. we use the latest new touch drivers which provide the best touch response and best bullet registration in PUBG and COD Mobile, parallax is made to crush any game you throw at it!

Note: Ported ROMs like OOS are know to have issues and aren't supported by me!

// Kernel Features //
    -Overclocked GPU 820mhz, also available in 800mhz and 710mhz
    -Optimized touch drivers to perform best
    - Updated to latest Linux kernel tag
    - Updated to latest CAF tags
    - Built with Proton Clang 13
    - AnyKernel3
    - Uclamp backports
    - Simple Low Memory Killer
    - power-efficient work queue
    - Added Thermal Optimizations to reduce heat while gaming
    -Added Power Optimizations to reduce battery drain while gaming and normal use
    - Custom fstab for f2fs and disabled force encrypt
    - Latest Novatek & Focaltech touch screen drivers
    - F2FS support with additions from arter97 kernel
    - Wireguard, Kcal, K-Lapse & Sound Control support
    - CPU Input Boost
    - Underclocked min freq of the gpu to 180 to save power
    - Wakelock blocker
    - Westwood TCP
    - Schedutil (Default) & performance CPU Governors
    - CFQ, Maple, Noop, Deadline I/O Schedulers
    - Added Thermal Optimizations
    - Optimizations from other kernels
    - Using CONFIG_HZ = 100

Installation Instructions

NOTE:- parallax requires clean flash, steps are given below

1. Boot into recovery
    2. Wipe Dalvik/Art cache, cache, system.
    3.Flash ROM zip,
    (Optional) Flash other zips like GApps, DFE, etc depending on ROM and your preference
    5. Flash the latest Magisk zip
    6. Reboot into the system (yes boot with stock kernel first)
    7. Reboot into recovery
    8. Flash latest parallax Kernel zip
    9. Reboot and download spectrum from play store for profiles and enjoy!

Do not wipe data or internal storage!

Downloads
    download-from-here

Flash uclamp remover in twrp (Only for fluid rom users)

if you have any problems or doubt on this kernel, then you can discuss at our telegram group:- Parallax_Kernel

Thanks To
    * nathanchance - for android-linux-stable
    * osm0sis - for AnyKernel3
    * Pierre2324
    * Ayan Pande
    * every single Kernel Developers (Poco especially) that I might have/will be cherry-picked(ing) from.
    * All my testers who test the kernel at any time I ask them!
    Source Code:
    https://github.com/dakkshesh07/parallax_kernel_xiaomi_Beryllium.git

Kernel Special Features:
    GPU OC 820mhz fully stable, also available in 800, 710mhz
    BEST TOUCH DRIVERS FOR GAMERS and normal use

Version Information
    Stable (V1-reborn)
    Stable Release Date: 03-12-2020

Created 03-12-2020
    Last Updated 18-03-2021

//Changelogs V1-reborn//
    This is actually v7, but we are relaunching parallax from start again as a new, safe kernel but performing better as last ones
    -New source, rebased on Los
    -Upstreamed to 4.9.259
    -Merged the latest CAF tags
    -Updated Wiregaurd
    -Fixed Kcal which caused AMOLED modules to not work
    -Overclocked GPU to 820 also available in 800mhz and 710mhz stock
    -Introduced Uclamp backports
    -Introduced Adreno boost, (configurable in smart pack and fkm kernel manager)
    -Drastically Improved touch for nvt and fts
    -Drastically Improved Performance and drain
    -Underclocked min freq of the GPU to 180 to save power
    -Added Old( 9.1.24 ) and New ( 10.3.7.0 ) touch firmware install options to the installation process
    -Introduced Simple Low Memory Killer
    -Introduced CPU input boost
    -Introduced Profiles options to the installation process (needs magisk)
    -Introduced Retention fix module which can be installed while flashing (needs magisk)
    -Fixed CPU freq stuck on some phones
    -Fixed random high/low headphone and mic gains which were found on old builds
    -Made many minor changes to the internals for much better and stable performance
    Firstly thank you for your appreciated efforts.
    And is there a spectrum support or a profile changing app or something !?
    you can use our parallax app which gets downloaded when you flash the zip in twrp
    I lose double tap to wake with this kernel on latest lineage os 17.1
    Yes sir that's a bug in the kernel, looking forward to fix it in v4, but don't underestimate the performance of the kernel! I can promise you that this kernel will be your best choice for gaming!
    note:- that parallax has 2 versions of zip depending on your panel type, so download accordingly....
    To know what panel you are using, download Device Info HW from google play

photo_2020-12-04_09-53-57.jpg
    Does it have display OC? Because that makes the scrolling and experience a lot more fluid.