[KERNEL][12/06/2020][SafetyNet]fsociety for Google Pixel 4/XL[4.14.210]

Search This thread

wrongway213

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor / Re
Jul 27, 2014
Canton, OH
Lower that brightness to below 65% ;)

I use adaptive brightness, it's often as low as 22%.
@Zilla0617 I'd recommend checking out degreenify settings in CleanSlate companion app - probably why I'm not experiencing the issue. Kernel fully supports degreenify and all CleanSlate features, but I can't enable by default. You have to control them in the app.

Balino

Mar 3, 2011
Gaeta
Thanks for the helpful replies lol. Shouldnt work and play with my phone at the same time.

Question is android 11 worth it to switch? Asking for opinions.
I switched back to android 10 Yesterday. 11 Is not ready yet. A lot of slowdowns and graphical bugs here and there. Just my 2 cent

Curiousn00b

Dec 3, 2011
Delaware
LG G7 ThinQ
Google Pixel 4 XL
I switched back to android 10 Yesterday. 11 Is not ready yet. A lot of slowdowns and graphical bugs here and there. Just my 2 cent
Might go back as well to see what I end up missing. Only thing I could think of is the smooth animations and new rotation animation.

Other than that, there's a lot of little bugs here and there. Currently, a weird one I just got is that even though I'm in portrait, my nav is on the side. Looking forward to future releases though. ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200916-042526.jpg
    Screenshot_20200916-042526.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 285

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
www.qrz.com
Pixel 4 flame, Android R and latest fsociety

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200917-123608.png
    Screenshot_20200917-123608.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 251
  • Screenshot_20200917-123616.png
    Screenshot_20200917-123616.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 251
  • Screenshot_20200917-123628.png
    Screenshot_20200917-123628.png
    206 KB · Views: 255

wrongway213

Jul 27, 2014
Canton, OH
Any work around for the WPA3 issue? Still no luck on version 3.00.

Unless it's mentioned in the changelog/on my GitHub, nothing has changed. This isn't specifically targeted at this query, but any - changelogs are comprehensive and outline any change worth noting for a user. If I ever forget to list something, it'll be visible on GitHub in case you're watching for a particular feature or commit.

Please don't make repeat posts - especially about topics you've already gotten an answer to.

PDXmusic

Apr 23, 2015
Unless it's mentioned in the changelog/on my GitHub, nothing has changed. This isn't specifically targeted at this query, but any - changelogs are comprehensive and outline any change worth noting for a user.

Please don't make repeat posts - especially about topics you've already gotten an answer to.[/QUOTE

sure thing, thanks for your awesome work. Keep the good stuff coming.

peikojose

May 13, 2012
I don't know why but phone is stuck at max frequency

Tried rebooting, clearing ex app cache and so on

With other kernel it doesn't happen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200920-095426.png
    Screenshot_20200920-095426.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 85

peikojose

May 13, 2012
It's supposed to be like that.

From changelog on Aug. 23:
"Force little cluster to use performance governor to offset the schedutil overhead at high, efficient frequencies"
Ok I get it. Even after a while, it only shows two states. Deep sleep and full speed.

Tried another kernel to see if it was in my end.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200920-100450.png
    Screenshot_20200920-100450.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 101

wrongway213

Jul 27, 2014
Canton, OH
Ok I get it. Even after a while, it only shows two states. Deep sleep and full speed.

Tried another kernel to see if it was in my end.

It's intentional - little cluster doesn't use schedutil, but performance which is locked at 1785. This is done to reduce overhead from schedutil, as the efficiency freq set for little cluster is 1785 anyway - The overhead reduction from moving from schedutil to performance is noticable. The kernel doesn't drop below 1785 on little cluster, because it's not intended to. It's nothing to do with your end or an issue - This is the kernel behaving as intended.

sharpz811

Mar 6, 2012
brampton
@wromgway213 omg bro this kernel is mad crazy and stable man. I'm currently in latest A11 and your latest build and I must say I was using stock, then I switched to a custom kernel and both was giving me battery drain issues and minimal deep sleep. So I decided to give this kernel a shot and man I must say no more lag, battery life has been amazing just in the first charge alone I can already see and feel the difference coming from other custom kernel. Standby time whether connected to data or LTE is stellar. THANK YOU SO MUCH BRO! Have a beer ? on me

wrongway213

Jul 27, 2014
Canton, OH
@wromgway213 omg bro this kernel is mad crazy and stable man. I'm currently in latest A11 and your latest build and I must say I was using stock, then I switched to a custom kernel and both was giving me battery drain issues and minimal deep sleep. So I decided to give this kernel a shot and man I must say no more lag, battery life has been amazing just in the first charge alone I can already see and feel the difference coming from other custom kernel. Standby time whether connected to data or LTE is stellar. THANK YOU SO MUCH BRO! Have a beer ? on me

Thanks so much for the kind words and your generosity! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying yourself, stock isn't bearable for me either without a little kernel action & an optimal setup. Thanks again! :good:

wrongway213

Jul 27, 2014
Canton, OH
Thanks to @KuranKaname we have some seriously revolutionary features coming to us from his userland_worker driver. They'll be detailed in the changelog. I had already merged DNS profiles, rootless flashing, user configurable tuner/adblock, and enabled SOLI for all regions via his driver, but this update adds several abilities for those not using Magisk: the ability to toggle in-kernel root on/off on demand, device spoofing to pass SafetyNet attestation (Magisk users need to use the Magisk Hide Props module for this), and it also adds a rootless backup option anyone with or without Magisk can use. His app is necessary to use these features and is contained in his release post here, as well as details you'll want to read from the developer of the driver himself.
Artemis release post including driver information and Artemis companion apk: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83597139&postcount=96

fsociety#3.01
Download zip: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fsociety-kernel/files/fsociety#3.01.zip/download
Download img: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fsociety-kernel/files/fsociety#3.01.img/download
stable #3.01 changelog
- Linux 4.14.199
- userland: Add the ability to backup apps
- userland: Add the ability to toggle root on demand
- userland: Spoof device to fix TEE SafetyNet attestation without Magisk
- simple_lmk: Print a message when the timeout is reached
- f2fs: Implement rapidgc with numerous fixes & optimizations
- Use Cubic TCP scheduler as per stock
Donations: https://paypal.me/wrongway213

flash and enjoy!

CyberpodS2

Mar 27, 2012
NE Pennsylvania Boonies
Just wanna say thanks to you and others.

Thanks to @KuranKaname we have some seriously revolutionary features coming to us from his userland_worker driver. They'll be detailed in the changelog. I had already merged DNS profiles, rootless flashing, user configurable tuner/adblock, and enabled SOLI for all regions via his driver, but this update adds several abilities for those not using Magisk: the ability to toggle in-kernel root on/off on demand, device spoofing to pass SafetyNet attestation (Magisk users need to use the Magisk Hide Props module for this), and it also adds a rootless backup option anyone with or without Magisk can use. His app is necessary to use these features and is contained in his release post here, as well as details you'll want to read from the developer of the driver himself.
Artemis release post including driver information and Artemis companion apk: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83597139&postcount=96

fsociety#3.01
Download zip: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fsociety-kernel/files/fsociety#3.01.zip/download
Download img: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fsociety-kernel/files/fsociety#3.01.img/download
stable #3.01 changelog
- Linux 4.14.199
- userland: Add the ability to backup apps
- userland: Add the ability to toggle root on demand
- userland: Spoof device to fix TEE SafetyNet attestation without Magisk
- simple_lmk: Print a message when the timeout is reached
- f2fs: Implement rapidgc with numerous fixes & optimizations
- Use Cubic TCP scheduler as per stock
Donations: https://paypal.me/wrongway213

flash and enjoy!

I have been around here for longer than I care to admit. LOL I'm so glad this device is really taking off in the last few months. I just sent you a six pack for your contributions to the game. Over the years I have truly enjoyed this hobby and admired the work and commitment of a hand full of devs and folks willing to help each other. You are one of these folks. I keep a "short-list" on my desk of resources if I need help. It has evolved as people come and go and devices change. Please allow me to thank all the others in my post here as I'm afraid I have not thanked folks enough.

@wrongway213 @tbalden @Tulsadiver @Badger50 @flar2 @Myself5 @nathanchance @BeansTown106 @rwilco12 @Calkulin @garwin

Again Thank you.

Last edited:

wrongway213

Jul 27, 2014
Canton, OH
I have been around here for longer than I care to admit. LOL I'm so glad this device is really taking off in the last few months. I just sent you a six pack for your contributions to the game. Over the years I have truly enjoyed this hobby and admired the work and commitment of a hand full of devs and folks willing to help each other. You are one of these folks. I keep a "short-list" on my desk of resources if I need help. It has evolved as people come and go and devices change. Please allow me to thank all the others in my post here as I'm afraid I have not thanked folks enough.

@[email protected]@Tulsadiver @Badger50 @[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@garwin

Again Thank you.

Three things:

1. Thanks very much for your generosity!

2. Thanks for the heartfelt words of kindness. There's nothing more rewarding as one who shares their work with others than knowing that the work is truly enjoyed & appreciated. I'm glad I've been able to have any kind of positive impact on your experience here enough for you to remember me on any kind of list.

3. I know a lot more of the guys you tagged than I don't, and I must say, list approved :good:
It sounds like you've surrounded yourself with some truly fine folks in your duration as an XDA user & I'm honored to be on the same "short list" as many of those guys.

Thanks so much for the much needed positivity! I really needed a reason to smile today, and this post gave me that. :good:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone