Development [Kernel][13][Official][Bluejay][Rooted/Nonrooted] DarkKernel (July 21, 2023)

Search This thread

jasonbiggs

Aug 15, 2010
Google Pixel 6a
nice. installed w/o a hitch. How do we know it's your rom. You didn't leave a calling card in the About section? Also, I'm rooted. Am I going to get any benefit from this ROM vs. stock?

THanks!

Magnetox

Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
www.bbti.io
Google Pixel 6a
Was wondering if you still had plans for this kernel with those who still want to have root.

Also is their any good guide to set up environment for kernel building for the goole tensor chip?

I'll look into confidential kernel root but it will require me to implement and compile it not with magisk, but much more complex. It will take time.

This is a good guide to set up for android development: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/bluejay/build

Also this guide:

EliteBlackKaiser

Mar 8, 2023
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'll look into confidential kernel root but it will require me to implement and compile it not with magisk, but much more complex. It will take time.

This is a good guide to set up for android development: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/bluejay/build

Also this guide:
I mean I was looking for a guide for just kernel builds , not a whole rom build just to get kernel.... But I guess I will do a Linux installation, get dependencies , sync sources , and make a build until I do figure out how to compile just kernel... As we do not have the community the 6/6pro has. We have literally just this kernel and it's quite limited on who can run it and those who do have to sacrifice root.... Been apple since the 4s and past the stage of having limitations, why I went Android and will start developing for it.

I appreciate the response and hope to see what you suggested as if that happens I'll gladly hope over to graphineos .. I know theirs a higher chance of bootloop / bricks with root on graphine os with a locked BL , but not if you use root for modifying the os like magisk does with modules.

Magnetox

Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
www.bbti.io
Google Pixel 6a
I mean I was looking for a guide for just kernel builds , not a whole rom build just to get kernel.... But I guess I will do a Linux installation, get dependencies , sync sources , and make a build until I do figure out how to compile just kernel... As we do not have the community the 6/6pro has. We have literally just this kernel and it's quite limited on who can run it and those who do have to sacrifice root.... Been apple since the 4s and past the stage of having limitations, why I went Android and will start developing for it.

I appreciate the response and hope to see what you suggested as if that happens I'll gladly hope over to graphineos .. I know theirs a higher chance of bootloop / bricks with root on graphine os with a locked BL , but not if you use root for modifying the os like magisk does with modules.
Use this for just kernels:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DarkKernel

Built on Ubuntu 22.04
    Based off the July 2023 security update (the latest Android 13), and will be kept updated with the latest security updates
    DISCLAIMER: You cannot sue me for any damages regarding flashing this kernel or using this product, that being said it has been fully tested on a Google Pixel 6a. Do feel safe!

joel-jasmin-forestbird-P8b0bg-w_YA-unsplash.jpg

Features:

Confidentiality mode enabled in the kernel, protecting it from modification (like GrapheneOS).
    Various speed tweaks.
    Usable on any Android 13 ROM.

Download:​

Download platform-tools.zip and DarkKernel.img from here

If you want root download DarkKernelROOT.img.

For root "fastboot -w" before flashing or Factory Reset before flashing may be necessary before flashing the kernel (a full factory reset wipe). Some users have reported problems. I personally have had no problems without wiping the device or factory reset on stock or any ROM.

TO TRY WITHOUT INSTALLING:​
    fastboot boot DarkKernelROOT.img​
    This will test your system with the kernel before you flash it. Look further for more instructions.​

Installation:​

Unzip the platform-tools-{OS} (unzipped choice from platform-tools.zip) of your computer so that everything is in the same folder. For example, on Linux it should look like this:
    platform-tools-linux/
    platform-tools-linux/lib64
    platform-tools-linux/adb
    platform-tools-linux/fastboot
    platform-tools-linux/DarkKernel.img​

Make sure you have developer options on with USB debugging and OEM Unlocking both turned on
    Reboot into the bootloader (Power off the device, then power on with volume down held)
    Ensure your device is unlocked, and if it isn't unlock it with fastboot from the platform tools with:​
    fastboot flashing unlock​
    Now proceed with the instructions below, and wait for it to complete and reboot your device.

Windows:
    Code:
    fastboot.exe flash boot DarkKernel.img
    exit

MacOS/Linux:
    Bash:
    (In a terminal/bash shell)
    sudo su
    fastboot flash boot DarkKernel.img
    exit

UPON REVIEW ROOT DOES NOT WORK WITH LOCKDOWN MODE ON THE KERNEL ENABLED. In order to not sacrifice any security, the normal build will not be rootable.
    There is however a normal with all other modifications rooted version.​

Issues:​

None as far as known. It has been tested on the latest LineageOS 20.0 and is working fine.​

Source:​

Screenshots:​

IMG_20230303_152318_830.jpg
    i8vmj7f8.png

Screenshot_20230622-165558.png

Notes:​

Do not attempt to lock the bootloader after installing.​

If you want to buy me a beer/coffee....​

BTC:
    bc1qdq9dgn3e8gr0wqshd8pgujcewffwsnc9aq9v9jm2gtlsnj6ez3ms5k5xl9

Screenshot_20230626-214606.png

Update for QPR3 from QPR2 uploaded. It's also my birthday! Both versions are updated.
    June 22 2023 - Added a root kernel version that has everything except confidentiality mode enabled.
    Any chance you are working on a version for 14 pre-GA?
    I don't have any plans but I'll def support it when it's released. To Android 14 and beyond!!!

YLNFSH.jpg

Should be Sept. ish
    This thread is now a kernel only, and is no longer a ROM. It will be an updated kernel that works on any ROM.