[KERNEL][17/11][OXYGEN/CM][3.10][UBER4.9] ☆ AK ☆ [v. 023]

do you agree to ask OnePlus2 to publish the source of the rom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chh

Jul 3, 2005
Regarding system-invasive tools I do have Vibrate Mode, Layers Manager and Greenify, all from the app store. I don't have XPosed.

But we are drifting away from the kernel topic, I guess. You might want to open a new thread on this if you like. Also check OPT forums maybe.

arinjayw

Jul 26, 2008
Regarding system-invasive tools I do have Vibrate Mode, Layers Manager and Greenify, all from the app store. I don't have XPosed.

But we are drifting away from the kernel topic, I guess. You might want to open a new thread on this if you like. Also check OPT forums maybe.

ok.. I am planning to reset my phone and check if its really kernal issue. Will post my update here. if issue persist after all tires.. will open a new thread.

zoroarctic

Jun 3, 2015
Mumbai
I have AK kernel installed on my oneplus 2 and started facing finger print scanner issues.. somehow its not responding well for 2nd registered finger.. when i deleted the fingerprint and tried registering it again.. its not even registering it properly...
The first registration for any finger is happening ok thpough.

Yeah, it happened for me as well. Then I tried switching to Boeffla. That didn't work either. Now I'm using Hydrogen OS and the fingerprint scanner is snappy as hell! No custom kernel works well on the newest version of H2OS but I'm getting about 6 hours SOT without any battery tweaks so I'm happy :D

arinjayw

Jul 26, 2008
Yeah, it happened for me as well. Then I tried switching to Boeffla. That didn't work either. Now I'm using Hydrogen OS and the fingerprint scanner is snappy as hell! No custom kernel works well on the newest version of H2OS but I'm getting about 6 hours SOT without any battery tweaks so I'm happy :D
Thats super. So u think H2os works good for fingerprint scanner... How abt other functionalities? Are those working good.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

zoroarctic

Jun 3, 2015
Mumbai
I have AK kernel installed on my oneplus 2 and started facing finger print scanner issues.. somehow its not responding well for 2nd registered finger.. when i deleted the fingerprint and tried registering it again.. its not even registering it properly...

Thats super. So u think H2os works good for fingerprint scanner... How abt other functionalities? Are those working good.

Yeah it's kinda like MIUI. There's no RAW support with camera FV5, but it works with manual camera. If you don't mind that, it's really good :D much faster, in my opinion.

isoladisegnata

Sep 4, 2011
Sun's City
Hi! @ak, I was using your kernel v23 in HydrongenOS until the last OTA, which make the camera no opened, and I´ve have install the stock kernel to have camera working. As the battery life and general operating for OPT in AK kernel, I ask if you go to develope one new version.
Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Hi! @ak, I was using your kernel v23 in HydrongenOS until the last OTA, which make the camera no opened, and I´ve have install the stock kernel to have camera working. As the battery life and general operating for OPT in AK kernel, I ask if you go to develope one new version.
Thanks

I confirm

Sent from my ONE A2003 using XDA Free mobile app

yarpiin

May 30, 2013
Bangor UK
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Xiaomi Mi 10
Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Thanks
@ak stopped developing for OPT and moved to nexus do not expect new versions ;)

@ak stopped developing for OPT and moved to nexus do not expect new versions ;)

Really? Too bad cuz i loved his kernel for the OPO and OPT...
Closing the thread or make it official that he stopped dev work for the OPT would be nice.
Or maybe i didn't get the note about that.
So if there will be no new kernel for the OPT, what about the OPO?

EDIT: okay well i missed that. Now i have seen that you moved to the Nexus 6P. Good phone tho. Have fun with it and too bad one of best devs for the OnePlus devices is gone.
It was a great time and we will miss you. :( Like my german mother said "Man trifft sich immer zwei mal im Leben." I will follow your work for the 6P and hopefully we will meet again.

Cheers
Mike

Last edited:

beachletter

Oct 28, 2010
I experienced similar issues. Once I installed AK (the latest version) the fingerprint scanner becomes unresponsive much more often. Sometimes it would always say "try again" no matter which finger or how I press it, sometimes it would not register a scan at all, the problem persist until I use password to unlock the phone then lock it again. This happens more than 20% of the time I try to unlock the phone, it is very frustrating.

Using catlog you can see abnormal error messages related to fingerprint scanner, especially the error that says "qseecom: cannot open somepath/i/forgot/fingerprints.mdt".

Once I go back to stock kernel this problem disappears, no more error log related to fingerprints.mdt.

Since the developer has stopped updating AK for OPT, I would advice any OPT user to stay away from this kernel, unless you don't use the fingerprint scanner at all.

Dude_Virus

Mar 8, 2007
I experienced similar issues. Once I installed AK (the latest version) the fingerprint scanner becomes unresponsive much more often. Sometimes it would always say "try again" no matter which finger or how I press it, sometimes it would not register a scan at all, the problem persist until I use password to unlock the phone then lock it again. This happens more than 20% of the time I try to unlock the phone, it is very frustrating.

Using catlog you can see abnormal error messages related to fingerprint scanner, especially the error that says "qseecom: cannot open somepath/i/forgot/fingerprints.mdt".

Once I go back to stock kernel this problem disappears, no more error log related to fingerprints.mdt.

Since the developer has stopped updating AK for OPT, I would advice any OPT user to stay away from this kernel, unless you don't use the fingerprint scanner at all.

I have been using the AK kernel since the start and never have faced any fingerprint issues. I have both thumbs and both index fingers registered. I never faced a problem with the fingerprint whatsoever, unlocks in first try. The only issue which continues from day 1 when i was on stock kernel is that the if the charger is plugged in and the phone is rebooted then the fingerprint sensor won't work immediately to unlock. This same problem continued with the AK kernel, which pretty much boils down to the fact that it is not the kernel which is causing the issue.

Last edited:

zoroarctic

Jun 3, 2015
Mumbai

This happened to me too. The second fingerprint would fail 90% of the time. The first fingerprint was okayish but still failed much more than before. Then I switched over to Boeffla kernel but I was surprised that the problem still persisted. Hence, I think it's something with the 2.1.2 update. Because of that, I switched over to Hydrogen OS. I'm done with Oxygen, the next ROM I use will be cm13 whenever it releases :)

arinjayw

Jul 26, 2008
Yes... Even i rolled back on oxygen stock rom.. And now finger print scanner is normal as working before.

Ratedzelaya

Mar 27, 2012
how do i download this, when i go to oxygen download link the zip says angler. Is this the zip im supposed to flash?. cause i know angler is the nexus 6p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ak-xda-exodus.jpg

FGLizUg.png

I am not responsible for any damage to your phone.
    Read before downloading or posting in the thread.
    Proceed with caution if you have no experience.

71rJ2NA.png

Official Site: ak.hiddenbytes.org
    Full Changelog: Github Link

A kernel based on Official Oxygen Source branch:
    Install/Uninstall: Link
    Downloading: AK.023.OP2.OXYGEN
    Downloading: AK.023.OP2.CM

NB: Ak Kernel Updater is now supported!

Kernel Mirrors:
    Download: Link - Thanks a lot @LookedPath
    Download: Link - Thanks a lot @funCrash93
    Download: Link - Thanks a lot @DominiCOne
    Download: Link - Thanks a lot @bombadier
    Download: Link - Thanks a lot @alebcay

7pCZLmh.png

• Thanks a lot to These developers, filled with great humanity and courage:
      @Grarak, @TeamExodus

And also:
      @Sultanxda, @Robbiel811, @Dorimanx, @xboxfanj, @apb_axel, @faux123, @myfluxi, @showp1984, @imoseyon, @savoca, @poondog , @CallMeAldy

And also:
      @andreilux, @flar2, @CL3Kener, @DerRomtester, @renderbroken, @Alucard24, @stratosk, @hellsgod, @yank555-lu, @kingbabasula, @osmosis, @gianton

Do you like my work?

Hit 'thanks' and/or rate this thread with 5 stars.
      Consider a small donation.

XDA:DevDB Information
    AK Kernel Oneplus Two, Kernel for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
    ak
    Source Code: https://github.com/anarkia1976

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2015-09-22
    Last Updated 2015-11-17
    Kernel Changelogs

[ AK KERNEL - v.023 ]

A kernel based on Oxygen/CM branch.

Download: AK.023.OP2.OXYGEN
    Download: AK.023.OP2.CM

[ SMALL CHANGELOG ]
    merge oxygen source
    dts optimizations
    ecc ecc

[ FULL CHANGELOG ]

Project name: AK KERNEL
    anarkia1976 - Kernel Version: AK.023.OP2
    Hieu Nguyen - OnePlus: update to OnePlus2_14_A.09_151109 kernel source
    anarkia1976 - arm: dts: msm8994: build only v2.1 hw variant
    anarkia1976 - arm: dts: msm8994: Correct regulator timming
    Questions & Answers

[ AK KERNEL INSTALL - STEP BY STEP ]
    If you don't have used AK before:
    Step 1
    Fresh Install "your base kernel ROM " or "dirty reflash your ROM" from recovery

Step 2

Install the latest "AK kernel zip (UKM is integrated into kernel)" from recovery

Download: Link

S
    tep 3
    Reboot

Step 4
    Install "Synapse" app from Market

Thread: Link
    Thanks & Donations: @AndreiLux

Install "Ak kernel Updater v1.2" from this link

Thanks & Donations: @CallMeAldy & @themike10452

Step 6
    Press the " Thanks Button" and " Rate the thread"

If you have used AK before:

Step 1
    Follow the AK thread and check with "Ak kernel Updater" possible news
    Follow the AK official website for find new releases: " http://ak.hiddenbytes.org/ "

Follow my AK twitter account: Link

Step 2
    Press the "Thanks Button" and "Rate the thread"

[ AK KERNEL OP2 PROFILES THREAD ]

This thread is for people to post their profiles with each other: Link
    Thanks a lot
    @
    Stylo King

[ KCAL COLOR PROFILES ]
    You can set these settings with synapse.
    Infos: Link
    thanks a lot @savoca

Cool Amoled Style:
    Colors: 236,248,256
    Min: 35
    Contrast: 258
    Hue: 0
    Saturation: 275
    Value: 251
    thanks a lot @abhi086387

Warm Amoled Style:
    Colors: 253,246,243
    Contrast: 258
    Saturation: 275
    Value: 251
    thanks a lot @abhi086387

Extreme Amoled Style:
    Colors: 256,256,256
    Contrast: 264
    Saturation: 290
    Value: 242
    thanks a lot @abhi086387

Deep Natural Style:
    Colors: 250,250,255
    Contrast: 264
    Saturation: 285
    Value: 245

thanks a lot @abhi086387

Kcal sysfs reference:
    Code:
    /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal - (0-256 0-256 0-256) - Controls R/G/B Multipliers
    /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal_min - (0-256) - Controls minimum RGB Multiplier value
    /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal_enable - (0-1) - Enables/Disables RGB Multiplier Control
    /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal_invert - (0-1) - Enables/Disables Display Inversion Mode
    /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal_sat - (224-383 or 128) - Controls saturation intensity - use 128 for grayscale mode
    /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal_hue - (0-1536) - Controls display hue
    /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal_val - (128-383) - Controls display value
    /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal_cont - (128 - 383) - Controls display contrast

[ OPO TIPS & TRICKS GUIDE ]

Thanks a lot to @MMWolverine for this fantastic guide: Link
    You can find all you need and all infos for your 1+1.

[ CPU GOVERNORS & SCHEDULERS HOW-TO ]
    Thanks a lot to @gsstudios for this fantastic guide: Link

[ UNINSTALL UKM & AK KERNEL ]

What my kernel does is:
    # Rename mpdecsion binary
    mv $ bindir / mpdecision $ bindir / mpdecision-rm

if you want you can return by renaming "mpdecision", and than reboot the phone.

It was enough to report it in my thread.

however, I have created a zip for revert after seeing this exchange:
    http://ak.hiddenbytes.org/
    UKM_AK_uninstaller_v4.zip
    A new super Big Ben update is on the way. Fixed Synapse/Ukm and backported a lot of fixes and features. ;)
    pre-changelog:
    Code:
    Project name: AK KERNEL
     anarkia1976 - Kernel Version: AK.021.OP2.OXYGEN
     anarkia1976 - ak_OnePlus2_defconfig: WLAN build as module
     anarkia1976 - ak_OnePlus2_defconfig: enable new WLAN features
     Nikhilesh Reddy - fs: Workaround the compiler's bad optimization
     Edhar, Mahesh Kumar - cfg80211: Define macro to indicate bssid hint backport support
     David Spinadel - cfg80211: Add indoor only and GO concurrent channel attributes
     Willi Ye - qcacld-2.0: Merge LA.BF64.1.2.2_rb4.6
     anarkia1976 - drivers: state_notifier: use more relaxed workqueu but still high prio
     anarkia1976 - Revert "devfreq: Introduce Adreno idler for devfreq-based devices"
     anarkia1976 - Kernel Version: AK.020.OP2.OXYGEN
     anarkia1976 - soc: qcom: msm_perf: prevent perfd to change workload
     anarkia1976 - soc: qcom: msm_perf: prevent perfd to change max cpus and freqs
     anarkia1976 - Kernel Version: AK.019.OP2.OXYGEN
     Vikram Mulukutla - sched: fair: Return current CPU if search_cpu(s) is empty
     Pavankumar Kondeti - sched: fix bug in small task CPU selection
     Joonwoo Park - sched: prevent task migration while governor queries CPUs' load
     Srivatsa Vaddagiri - sched: report loads greater than 100% only during load alert notifications
     Joonwoo Park - sched: fix incorrect prev_runnable_sum accounting with long ISR run
     Steve Muckle - sched: disable IRQs in update_min_max_capacity
     Joonwoo Park - sched: inline function scale_load_to_cpu()
     Joonwoo Park - sched: optimize select_best_cpu() with same power cost CPU mask
     Joonwoo Park - sched: optimize power cost/freq estimation
     Joonwoo Park - sched: look for least busy and fallback CPU only when it's needed
     Joonwoo Park - sched: iterate search CPUs starting from prev_cpu for optimization
     Syed Rameez Mustafa - sched: Optimize the select_best_cpu() "for" loop
     Syed Rameez Mustafa - sched: Optimize select_best_cpu() to reduce execution time
     Joonwoo Park - sched: avoid CPUs with high irq activity for non-small tasks
     Syed Rameez Mustafa - sched: Update max_capacity when an entire cluster is hotplugged
     Junjie Wu - cpufreq: interactive: Use sched_get_cpus_busy() to query busy time
     anarkia1976 - mmc: disable software crc - 30% boost
     Evisceration - mmc: toggleable software crc