[Kernel] 2.6.32.48 - OC-UV-VFP_FP (1.400GHZ) - Gtab/Zpad (Update 11/24/11)

Search This thread

dzasta

Sep 11, 2009

Thanks! Never would have found this site on my own...

3gp should work out for you. Im not sure on the status of mp4 as of yet.

I will try this when i get home. Plus they released 2 more nightlies since i flashed last night. Im so glad CM7 is almost completely functional (at least for my needs). Youtube and HD playback were the only things keeping me on vegan 5.1.1. This kernel is just icing on the cake!

schettj

Nov 17, 2006
flashed onto vegan ginger, OC stable up to 1.4ghz for me, settings in veganginger or setcpu work to control min/max clock, cifs still works...

gotwillk

Mar 2, 2010
latest gb kernel is a lot slower for me. browsing is noticably slower while scrolling in xscope pro. also onscreen buttons are less responsive in vegan gb edition. cleared cache and dalvik cache when switching kernels. went back to previous version of gb kernel dated 422 because that was working fine.

TEK112

Aug 18, 2010
Philadelphia
latest gb kernel is a lot slower for me. browsing is noticably slower while scrolling in xscope pro. also onscreen buttons are less responsive in vegan gb edition. cleared cache and dalvik cache when switching kernels. went back to previous version of gb kernel dated 422 because that was working fine.

You should only be clearing dalvik. Clearing the regular cache could cause undesirable results.

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008

you have another issue ocurring.

no one else has reported this.

do not clear cache at all before a kernel flash.

reflash your rom clean. clear dalvik (from wipe), flash rom, flash latest kernel, reboot.

get rid of the setcpu custom file (/data/local/setcpu).

setcpu -> auto

or use cpu settings in cyanogenmod settings.

make sure you are stable at the frequency you are intending to run at.

Last edited:

Dueces99

Mar 7, 2011
you have another issue ocurring.

no one else has reported this.

do not clear cache at all before a kernel flash.

reflash your rom clean. clear dalvik (from wipe), flash rom, flash latest kernel, reboot.

get rid of the setcpu custom file (/data/local/setcpu).

setcpu -> auto

or use cpu settings in cyanogenmod settings.

make sure you are stable at the frequency you are intending to run at.
So, clear dalvik, flash rom, then flash kernel all before rebooting?

I've just read multiple ways of doing this here, but I'd rather hear directly from the developer himself :) Appreciate any insight, thx.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
if you are just flashing a kernel, do not clear anything. just flash.

if you feel something has 'stuffed up', clear cache from the wipe menu, flash rom, flash kernel, reboot.

Reactions: Archangel

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
and, do not select any governors (powersave/conservative). leave it be.

i will see about hiding them for the future.

SoNic67

Apr 10, 2011
For now it works stable at 1.4GHz and without surprises. But I didn't tested it extensivelly to that max.
Thanks for the updates to the latest kernel builds!

Last edited:

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
Running vegan 5.1.1... any idea why neither quadrant adv or STD will no longer complete with this kernel. Hangs at 2/4 io test. Two versions ago...prior to 4/24 it works fine. Thanks
Ocd to 1.4 via set CPU.. also reduced oc to 1ghz...same issue.

I'm using this kernel (boot-cm_2632.39_zpad_newbl-oc-uv-xtra-vfp_fp-042411.zip) with latest BigIdeas rom on A ZTab T2 and can't see any ADB device in Device Manager in Windows. The only devices are Disk Drive - NVIDIA Tegra 2 USB Device and Portable Device - F: and there are no 'Other Devices'. USB debugging is enabled. Is this a kernel issue? Thanks in advance.

Apart from that its working great and only other problem is that ttyUSB0 on my 3G modem only seems to work if clock is set to 1GHz.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
I'm using this kernel (boot-cm_2632.39_zpad_newbl-oc-uv-xtra-vfp_fp-042411.zip) with latest BigIdeas rom on A ZTab T2 and can't see any ADB device in Device Manager in Windows. The only devices are Disk Drive - NVIDIA Tegra 2 USB Device and Portable Device - F: and there are no 'Other Devices'. USB debugging is enabled. Is this a kernel issue? Thanks in advance.

Apart from that its working great and only other problem is that ttyUSB0 on my 3G modem only seems to work if clock is set to 1GHz.

adb issue:
can you reproduce this on 042211? if not, ill make an adjustment.

3g when overclocked:
are you certain you are stable at the frequency you are intending to run at? if so, please flash to 0422 and see if you can reproduce it. if you can, please post logs.

thx.

adb issue:
can you reproduce this on 042211? if not, ill make an adjustment.

3g when overclocked:
are you certain you are stable at the frequency you are intending to run at? if so, please flash to 0422 and see if you can reproduce it. if you can, please post logs.

thx.

My apologies pershoot....these issues were with 042211. With 042411 I get 3 NVIDA Dish Drives and 3 Portable Devices when USB Debugging is enabled so still no ADB. 3G seems to work fine even hot plugging the modem (with SETCPU Autoscaling).

Last edited:

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Before i make an adjustment to the froyo kern,
Please remove recovery nvidia attributed to your device via usbdeview and anything else attributed to it.

Then unplug, replug, restart adb and then see if you can get it going.

Pls report back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Kernel] 2.6.32.48 - OC-UV-VFP_FP - Gtab/Zpad

-Initial release for Viewsonic’s Gtablet/Malata Zpad

-merge up to nvidia’s 10.9.9
    -merge up to Kernel.org’s 2.6.32.48
    -add NTFS (w./ write support (proceed with caution if writing!)),AUFS,CIFS,FUSE,TUN,HFSPlus,NFS Client v3/4 (kernel modules; pull the desired module from lib-2632.48.tar.gz and place in to /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.48-cyanogenmod/ and use insmod to insert) and EXT4 (in-built)
    -DM_CRYPT/Ciphers/Routines,Cgroups,Namespaces support,Errata’s 430973,458693,460075
    -ondemand governor default
    -tweak cpufreq_ondemand a bit (use values from vision-2632)
    -cortex-a9/vfp cc -O1 optimisations, using CodeSourcery’s 2009q1-203 ARM-EABI toolchain
    -pull in a few changes from vision-2632
    -use bcm4329, Version 4.218.248-23, FW Version 4.218.248-18
    -add MP/PPP/TP/OE and USB Serial,IPV4/6,Netfilter, and Queuing options
    -oc to 1.4GHZ; min mv: 900, max mv: 1200
    -reduce voltages

-statically compile koush’s anykernel for use with harmony/tegra2, and add an unpackbootimg script

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/

http://github.com/pershoot/gtab-2632
    gtab/zpad/t8 - 2.6.32.48 - refreshed
    gtab/zpad(old/new bl) - 2.6.32.42 - gingerbread/froyo - http://droidbasement.com/db-blog ; RM updated.
    so do we have overclocking yet?

not yet. its on my list (to pick apart dvfs/nvodm and backport AOSP's frequency scaling, etc.).