[Kernel] 2.6.32.48 - OC-UV-VFP_FP (1.400GHZ) - Gtab/Zpad (Update 11/24/11)

Search This thread

davidukfl

Apr 19, 2010
Seattle
www.crypto-designs.com
Alright so i searched through this thread and tried a couple of different methods to fix my wifi issue.

I reflashed the kernel without wiping anything
also tried reflashing the rom, then clearing dalvik then flashing kernel

i have wifi set to never sleep but it keeps going to sleep whenever i turn off the screen for a few mins. Am i missing another fixing method?

schettj

Nov 17, 2006
Alright so i searched through this thread and tried a couple of different methods to fix my wifi issue.

I reflashed the kernel without wiping anything
also tried reflashing the rom, then clearing dalvik then flashing kernel

i have wifi set to never sleep but it keeps going to sleep whenever i turn off the screen for a few mins. Am i missing another fixing method?

The gtab goes into deep sleep after a couple minuets which shuts down the wifi.

SoNic67

Apr 10, 2011
Score 4649... Resubmitted it with my nikname and is no.328.
BTW: How do I make a "print screen" on Android?

schettj

Nov 17, 2006
Ah well that answers that then :)

If you're willing to live with a 1%/hour or so drain on standby, you can get any number of apps from market that keep the gtab alive when suspended. I'm using Softlock Free - with that a 30 minute lockscreen timeout actually works (ie, after a half hour sleeping the gtab will be on a lockscreen) and wifi is always on when set to always on, because the gTab never goes into deep sleep.

Works well with the 4/25 pershoot kernel - I know this is old news but all us newbies have to re-forge the same trails :)

davidukfl

Apr 19, 2010
Seattle
www.crypto-designs.com
If you're willing to live with a 1%/hour or so drain on standby, you can get any number of apps from market that keep the gtab alive when suspended. I'm using Softlock Free - with that a 30 minute lockscreen timeout actually works (ie, after a half hour sleeping the gtab will be on a lockscreen) and wifi is always on when set to always on, because the gTab never goes into deep sleep.

Works well with the 4/25 pershoot kernel - I know this is old news but all us newbies have to re-forge the same trails :)

yeh i tried wifi lock cos it's the same method i use on my nook color. Doesn't work on the gtab though, probably cos of the entire device just going to sleep. I'll try softlock though.

I don't mine a 1% an hour battery drain. Right now i think it's using more battery than that anyway. Over an 9 hour standby period I'll use like 30% battery

degr80ne

May 13, 2010
Just a quick thanks for all the hard work...i installed ur kernel over the vegan 7 rc1...i install thru cw then wipe dalvik and cache.. after boot wifi is no longer working..i made sure I changed advanced setting to never sleep before kernel flash..i even extracted .ko file and copied it to wlan folder thru root explorer.. reboot and still no wifi.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance

Hell-No Moto

A

ace7196

Man, coming from the nook color threads, I can't believe how often pershoot in on here. Awesome support (even answering questions asked 1000x times before :p)

So all, I've read that the camera/camcorder issue is *possibly* because of CM7 and no hardware accel. I was wondering if that will be fixed/hacked soon, or if there are any alternative apps anyone has had luck with. Fring works well (oddly enough), but can't take a good picture, and can't recorder video. Ideas?

I'm only looking for people with experience with CM7 on the GTab. I've already scoured the market and searched the threads here...so I decided to come straight to the source :p

Pershoot: You rock. My girlfriend's GTab is rockin' and I still have your last G1 kernel that helped turn that into an awesome daily driver (The 14MB ram hack may of helped as well :D )

dzasta

Sep 11, 2009
Just a quick thanks for all the hard work...i installed ur kernel over the vegan 7 rc1...i install thru cw then wipe dalvik and cache.. after boot wifi is no longer working..i made sure I changed advanced setting to never sleep before kernel flash..i even extracted .ko file and copied it to wlan folder thru root explorer.. reboot and still no wifi.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance

Hell-No Moto

You are only supposed to wipe dalvik cache from the advanced menu. wiping the normal cache from the main menu can you give you undesirable results. your best bet is to wipe everything and start over by reflashing vegan, and the kernel over again.

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008

Hell-No Moto

the wifi module is not in place.

pull it from the .zip and use adb to push it in.

jyams

Sep 25, 2010

Hell-No Moto

I read somewhere that you don't even need to wipe Dalvik. So, I just flash the kernel straight-up. I've done this through several iterations of the kernel and it works flawlessly everytime. No hiccups, no wifi problems. Never had any wifi problems from the very beginning on Pershoot's kernels. I must be blessed!

But, I do agree, you need to start clean by wiping everything, then reflash ROM and Pershoot's latest kernel. Then when you update the kernel later, don't fool with the regular cache, or maybe even the Dalvik.

Last edited:

MJW

Feb 20, 2011
Sussex, NJ
IPv6 Support?

Pershoot,

I made the switch from Clemsyn's kernel to yours and it works great, even figured out how to get VPN and CIFS working without using ADB. A quick question if I could, I see from the first page where you added IPv4/6 options. I don't see a way to enable or configure it. Did I miss something? I'm on VEGAn 5.1.1.

Thanks

Mike

lrs421

Sep 29, 2010
New York
Thanks to TEK112 im back up and running. I see this kernel supports various govenors but I only see powersave and performance. How do I enable the others? Still learning....

Sent from my Vegan G Tablet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Kernel] 2.6.32.48 - OC-UV-VFP_FP - Gtab/Zpad

-Initial release for Viewsonic’s Gtablet/Malata Zpad

-merge up to nvidia’s 10.9.9
    -merge up to Kernel.org’s 2.6.32.48
    -add NTFS (w./ write support (proceed with caution if writing!)),AUFS,CIFS,FUSE,TUN,HFSPlus,NFS Client v3/4 (kernel modules; pull the desired module from lib-2632.48.tar.gz and place in to /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.48-cyanogenmod/ and use insmod to insert) and EXT4 (in-built)
    -DM_CRYPT/Ciphers/Routines,Cgroups,Namespaces support,Errata’s 430973,458693,460075
    -ondemand governor default
    -tweak cpufreq_ondemand a bit (use values from vision-2632)
    -cortex-a9/vfp cc -O1 optimisations, using CodeSourcery’s 2009q1-203 ARM-EABI toolchain
    -pull in a few changes from vision-2632
    -use bcm4329, Version 4.218.248-23, FW Version 4.218.248-18
    -add MP/PPP/TP/OE and USB Serial,IPV4/6,Netfilter, and Queuing options
    -oc to 1.4GHZ; min mv: 900, max mv: 1200
    -reduce voltages

-statically compile koush’s anykernel for use with harmony/tegra2, and add an unpackbootimg script

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/

http://github.com/pershoot/gtab-2632
    gtab/zpad/t8 - 2.6.32.48 - refreshed
    gtab/zpad(old/new bl) - 2.6.32.42 - gingerbread/froyo - http://droidbasement.com/db-blog ; RM updated.
    so do we have overclocking yet?

not yet. its on my list (to pick apart dvfs/nvodm and backport AOSP's frequency scaling, etc.).