• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[KERNEL][22/01]· ▀▄ · Kernel 3.0.58 HydRx-v4r97b - For Samsung Stock-JB

Search This thread

grzesdroid

Feb 13, 2012
Jaworzyna Śląska
Odp: [KERNEL][22/01]· ▀▄ · Kernel 3.0.58 HydRx-v4r97b - For Samsung Stock-JB

@NeoPhyTe
How can you control the music setting the init.d? Because sTweaks does not work. Neo, add Please boeffla Sound, or do something to work Stweaks

SGS III / crDroid 11.1 / Yank555.lu 3.1c / JKay deluxe framework 14.7.4 / Tapatalk 2 / SwiftKey 3

Last edited:

NeoPhyTe.x360

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2009
oυτ oƒ иoωнєяє
Re: [KERNEL][22/01]· ▀▄ · Kernel 3.0.58 HydRx-v4r97b - For Samsung Stock-JB

@NeoPhyTe
How can you control the music setting the init.d? Because sTweaks does not work. Neo, add Please boeffla Sound, or do something to work Stweaks

SGS III / crDroid 11.1 / Yank555.lu 3.1c / JKay deluxe framework 14.7.4 / Tapatalk 2 / SwiftKey 3

Stweaks WORKS.

Select & apply, select & apply, select & apply

Kemby13

Apr 9, 2011
Zadar
@NeoPhyTe

I'm amazed by the latest version of your kernel, my phone is very fast and the battery life is very good, not to mention the absence of heat unlike with some other kernels (and i tried them all). Aroma installer is a very cool thing, esspecially the custom option :cool: . I used -112mv on the Cpu, -50mv for Gpu and -75mv for internal voltage, that works great for my GS3. Keep up the great work!

Edit: I noticed only 1 bug, power saving mode is not working. I'm not 100% sure it' kernel related, but i know it was working with yank and perseus on the same rom ofcourse (Viking 5.2). Can u pls take a look?

Edit2: What, nobody else has this power saving issue? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Blue_Shine

Dec 12, 2009
Ynt: [KERNEL][22/01]· ▀▄ · Kernel 3.0.58 HydRx-v4r97b - For Samsung Stock-JB

Here is a very good reason to go with Neo's rom and kernel.

Nothing to say.. Seriously Neo, you are the best...

ba7ydery.jpg

pa4u6e5e.jpg

GT-I9300 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

Reactions: jejecule

NeoPhyTe.x360

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2009
oυτ oƒ иoωнєяє
Good day! Noticed a new version of the kernel on the ftp server. How is it different from the previous one, if I may ask?

It only is for "freezes" people problems. (some people, a few, had random freezes including with the NO-UV version some secs after power on the screen, so I'm testing with these few users to avoid these freezes)

Reactions: wallah

Kemby13

Apr 9, 2011
Zadar
@Blue_Shine

I dont wanna sound rude, but that's nothing special because u used the screen only 10% of the total time your phone is on battery. U should've put some screenshots of screen-on time. Yesterday i managed to get 5 hours of screen-on time, 3g on all the time, wifi on for about 8-9hrs (while i was working), surfed the net all the time wifi was on, played temple run for an hour and after all that battery was down to 10%. Total time on battery was about 15hrs... I guess i'm saying if u dont use the screen or wifi that much, it is normal that u have 53% of battery left even after 1 day...

Concerning my last post about power saving mode not working (checked with cpu-spy), still no comments?

Last edited:
Reactions: linus98

linus98

Dec 22, 2008
Palermo
@Blue_Shine

I dont wanna sound rude, but that's nothing special because u used the screen only 10% of the total time your phone is on battery. U should've put some screenshots of screen-on time. Yesterday i managed to get 5 hours of screen-on time, 3g on all the time, wifi on for about 8-9hrs (while i was working), surfed the net all the time wifi was on, played temple run for an hour and after all that battery was down to 10%. Total time on battery was about 15hrs... I guess i'm saying if u dont use the screen or wifi that much, it is normal that u have 53% of battery left even after 1 day...

Concerning my last post about power saving mode not working (checked with cpu-spy), still no comments?

Perfectly!

jejecule

Nov 3, 2012
Bruxelles

Thx, now at least i know it's probbably rom related..

Another thing i noticed with neo's kernel is Android OS process, which is taking too much cpu time (more that the screen). U can see it in screenshots above that Blue_Shine posted. But at the same time i dont notice any drain on the battery... Hmm..
Hello,
Power saving features is samsung rom related, it may modify cpu frequencies or gpu behavior, but has nothing to do with kernel, nor uv, except maybe if it detects that kernel is already doing the job:rolleyes:
Android process in this kernel seems to "englobe" various other process without detailling them as it does in other kernels. It's why you see so high values, just a matter of kernel files settings i guess.
And finally, regarding performance results posted by other users, we are all different and our expectations and phone usage as well. So i think the best answer (if answer needed) is just to post yours, so that everyone can share experience. Attached is my last experiment:).
Kernel: HydrxtReme -100 C
ROM: Hydrx-D v2.3.0
15% left (around 1h active screen)

Cheers and again many thanks Neo, wonderfull job!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359250435879.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359250435879.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 549
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359250529213.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359250529213.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 566
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359250547073.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359250547073.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 538
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359250600720.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359250600720.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 523

V_Plum

Dec 6, 2006
I have no any boot animation with this kernel. Have tried to flash different boot animation from the Omega Files -- nothing changed. Is this ok?

jejecule

Nov 3, 2012
Bruxelles

I have no any boot animation with this kernel. Have tried to flash different boot animation from the Omega Files -- nothing changed. Is this ok?

Yes, correct, custom boot animations are not yet supported in this kernel but this should come in the future:rolleyes:
Cheers

Reactions: V_Plum

Blue_Shine

Dec 12, 2009
Ynt: [KERNEL][22/01]· ▀▄ · Kernel 3.0.58 HydRx-v4r97b - For Samsung Stock-JB

@Blue_Shine

Firstly, there is nothing to be rude in your post. Oppositly i would like to thank you to participate my comments with your experiences.

i said several times in my previous posts that i usually get 4 hrs screen on time of 15-16 hrs in total. i ofently use 3g instead of wifi and play games a lot and it is quite ok for me.

But this time i went for deep sleep ablity of kernel and would like to share that.

That's all dude. ;)

GT-I9300 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

senses!

May 22, 2010

Amazing kernel! The faster and great bettery life. Congratulations. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HydRx-v4r97b
    JB Kernel for Samsung Stock ROMS

Only for stock jelly bean ROMS
    EXTREME won't work in all mobiles so, if don't work extreme for you, put Semi.​

The config:
    • Based on 3.0.57 - Yank.555+neak with patches, configs, optimizations and tweaks (so thanks to Yank and simone)
    • OC up to 1700mhz.
    • Reduced low cpu steps to get some performance (Deleted 300mhz, 400mhz, and 600mhz)
    • Voltages:
    • EXTREME:
      Cpu arm : -112,5mv in all freqs from 200 to 1500mhz (low freqs as 200,500 +12,5mV)
      Cpu internal: -50mv in all freqs
      Bus: -100mv in all freqs
      Gpu: -100mv in all freqs
    • SEMI:
      Cpu arm : -87,5mv in all freqs from 200 to 1500mhz (low freqs as 200,500 +12,5mV)
      Cpu internal: -50mv in all freqs
      Bus: -75mv in all freqs
      Gpu: -75mv in all freqs
    • MEDIUM:
      Cpu arm : -62,5mv in all freqs from 200 to 1500mhz (low freqs as 200,500 +12,5mV)
      Cpu internal: -37,5mv in all freqs
      Bus: -50mv in all freqs
      Gpu: -50mv in all freqs
    • Tree RCU+NO_HZ
    • SIO Iosched enabled by default and tweaked.
    • Governor hydrxq (simply a lulzactiveq governor with tweaks to performance (thanks to tegrak), if you see it drains much with this governor, you can select pegasusq governor with voltage control)
    • Disabled Tracing, logging, and debugging.
    • Some compiler CFLAGS optimizations added (linaro toolchain)
    • Tweaks virtual mem, I/O, kernel & scheduler.
    • Set wifi power limit to 8dBm.
    • Max powersave in sleep mode with some modifications and screenstate:
      *More stable GPU voltajes set on the fly when you screen off the display (min 775mV).
      *Cleaning of cache/inodes when you screen off, and each 6 hours.
      *laptop mode enabled with screen off.
      *some tweaks more when you screen off I consider they save power.
    • Priorized some system apps at boot, to get some a performance system..
    • Auto script to close all possible samsung apps at boot.
    • Swap compatible, but not used for now.
    • Stand alone hotplug tweaked to low usage of cores.
    • Sound eargasm voodoo patch added controlable with STweaks from market. (thanks to gokhanmoral)
    • Tweaks mdni, for better colors.
    • More powersave in 2G/3G networks and wifi supplicant time modified.
    • SDD sudden death fixed.
    • I forget some things I'll put more.
    • etc

GPL: https://github.com/NeoPhyTe-x360/i9300-S3-JB-kernel

[*] It's not compatible with 64GB exFAT sdcards (if you like to see your files you have to format your sd64 in FAT) [It's a common issue with updated kernels and proprietary modules]

Some versions go from letter A to letter D.
    Letter A; Less UV, internal are more "conflictive" voltages, so letter A is a "light" uv in internals
    to
    Letter D: More UV, the most UV possible, agressive internal volts and -125mV GPU volts, the maximum possible without freezes in some devices.

Last version v5r2 yes http://t.co/GdoPJi98.

Ok and I have 2 other noob question.
    1)What is SOD?
    2) if the kernel doesn't work well how to take it off the phone?

1) SOD = Sleep of Death, which means that if you turn your screen off and try to turn it back on it will stay turned off and the only way to get your device working again is to reboot.

2) Just go into CWM and flash another one

Edit: 3 answers in almost the same moment, nice but I was too late :)
    updated. more uv's to choose
    Flashed semi version kernel.. Working good so far but cpu spy can't detect the cpu states

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

it's disabled, but in next release I can enable it if you all like