[KERNEL][22.02.2019]Phoenix Kernel V3.6 for the Galaxy A6 (2018)

Search This thread

renoxtv

Aug 1, 2018
Nessebar
Ok thanks. Just a question : for this device, there aren't custom rom, there's a mode for flash month security patch?
Thanks

No, you cant do that on any phone. Security patches are widespread in the whole firmware
And the dev scene for A6 isnt gonna get any better. There are many better and cheaper phones right now and good devs are buying them, not these overpriced lagsungs :D

supermurena

Dec 20, 2010
thanks for the explanation and I agree with your reasoning. I am fond of my xiaomi. Samsung gave me from the company that I work but, remain all days at home like a furnishing

real_livil

Nov 15, 2018
Hello and thank you for your work. works very well on my a600fn (europe).
I had some root access problems. I probably did something wrong in the order of installation.
simply install your package did not work for me.

The kernel worked fine but somehow there were problems with magisk and oxygen-control.
That just did not want to install automatically.

I just switched to TWRP and installed no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 first, then installed RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2 and then installed from your package magisk and oxygen-control.
After that it worked. Do not know why it was. maybe I did something wrong or luck.

Now I managed somehow root.

Maybe in your next release you can somehow install the needed stuff as an auto-installer in the right order ?!
That would be great for newcomers.

Greetings and all the best

renoxtv

Aug 1, 2018
Nessebar
Hello and thank you for your work. works very well on my a600fn (europe).
I had some root access problems. I probably did something wrong in the order of installation.
simply install your package did not work for me.

The kernel worked fine but somehow there were problems with magisk and oxygen-control.
That just did not want to install automatically.

I just switched to TWRP and installed no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 first, then installed RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2 and then installed from your package magisk and oxygen-control.
After that it worked. Do not know why it was. maybe I did something wrong or luck.

Now I managed somehow root.

Maybe in your next release you can somehow install the needed stuff as an auto-installer in the right order ?!
That would be great for newcomers.

Greetings and all the best

Hi, thanks for the good feedback! Um, the kernel already has an automatic script to install Oxygen control and magisk correctly, so far nobody else said they have problems with that. Sorry for the inconvenience.
BTW to everyone, the kernel is probably EOL now since I'm switching to Xiaomi and won't dev for lagsung phones anymore. But I think i crammed everything possible in this kernel so yeah.

Bubibubibibi

Aug 6, 2017
Mukachevo
renoxtv
Dear friend. A friend ( 4pda) asked me to ask you. After installing the kernel,becomes a botloop ( A600fn ). Installs in TVRP, according to the manual. What could be the problem ? Thank you.

renoxtv

Aug 1, 2018
Nessebar
renoxtv
Dear friend. A friend ( 4pda) asked me to ask you. After installing the kernel,becomes a botloop ( A600fn ). Installs in TVRP, according to the manual. What could be the problem ? Thank you.

Hi. Can you tell me exactly how you installed the kernel? Is there any indication of the bootloop like red text or is it just stuck in the samsung logo? Nobody has reported bootloop issues before

Bubibubibibi

Aug 6, 2017
Mukachevo
Hi. Can you tell me exactly how you installed the kernel? Is there any indication of the bootloop like red text or is it just stuck in the samsung logo? Nobody has reported bootloop issues before
Thank You!
My friend write so
SM-A600FN/TWRP 3.2.3-0/stok
we are going through the installation of TWRP, loading into recovery, flash kernel, rebooting. Got into the system, the initial settings, the phone remained on the table intact .. 2-3 minutes, reboot, all settings are started again. There are no texts, no errors, the logo passes normally. I tried many times, the same. I tried 2 kernel versions, 3 versions. Without a kernel, everything is fine. I tried to flash the core on a working system through the TWRP, sewed, went to my system
Happy New Year !

real_livil

Nov 15, 2018
Hi, Bubibubibibi
I did no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 first, then installed RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2 and then the Kernel. ( first of cource factory reset ). Bootloop i got only if i´ve installed only the kernel package at once and after no root.

Reactions: Bubibubibibi

renoxtv

Aug 1, 2018
Nessebar
Hi, Bubibubibibi
I did no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 first, then installed RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2 and then the Kernel. ( first of cource factory reset ). Bootloop i got only if i´ve installed only the kernel package at once and after no root.

I'm pretty sure RMM and encryption are fully killed in my kernel, even if not the magisk installer does it anyway. So my theory is that the guy installed TWRP for the first time and his internal storage got instantly encrypted, which is expectable and does result in a bootloop. I have added a warning in the OP now :good:

Reactions: Bubibubibibi

gauv20

May 10, 2010
Hello,

Thanks for your kernel. I installed it and everything works but I got some hard reboots every minutes after I open my phone. And it makes a noise like two clicks.

Same with version 2 and 3. Same on a clean install too.

Thanks for you help.

renoxtv

Aug 1, 2018
Nessebar
Hello,

Thanks for your kernel. I installed it and everything works but I got some hard reboots every minutes after I open my phone. And it makes a noise like two clicks.

Thanks for you help.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. I am seeing single person problems like this all over my kernel, really weird. Nobody else reported issues like this. Can you say your model number, steps when flashing?

gauv20

May 10, 2010
Hello, thanks for your reply.
I got a A600FN/dn. It works with the firmware of november (A600FNXXU3ARJ1_A600FNOXM3ARJ5_XEF) but not the december one (A600FNXXU3ARL1_A600FNOXM3ARL1_PHN).
I flash the recovery, than format, then flash your Kernel. I think root isn't working with the december one. I try to update magisk but doesn't help.

Thanks

It works with

renoxtv

Aug 1, 2018
Nessebar
Hello, thanks for your reply.
I got a A600FN/dn. It works with the firmware of november (A600FNXXU3ARJ1_A600FNOXM3ARJ5_XEF) but not the december one (A600FNXXU3ARL1_A600FNOXM3ARL1_PHN).
I flash the recovery, than format, then flash your Kernel. I think root isn't working with the december one. I try to update magisk but doesn't help.

Thanks

It works with

Hmm, then I guess some new stuff is added into the december ROM and since my kernel is old it doesnt have it? Will note. Try to stay on the november ROM if you want my kernel, I will be updating it sometime this month

Reactions: marcdu30

nxtJxnas

Aug 10, 2018
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. I am seeing single person problems like this all over my kernel, really weird. Nobody else reported issues like this. Can you say your model number, steps when flashing?

Well, I have the exakt same Problem. I have the A600FN (I think it is), it's a german model without simlock. I don't know why that is Happening. I will try an older Version too. Hopefully you can fix that.

ADDED:

Now my phone made These two clicks and then vibrated the entire time. Weard.

real_livil

Nov 15, 2018
Well, I have the exakt same Problem. I have the A600FN (I think it is), it's a german model without simlock. I don't know why that is Happening. I will try an older Version too. Hopefully you can fix that.

ADDED:

Now my phone made These two clicks and then vibrated the entire time. Weard.

Hi I´ve also a german a600fn and got problems but after three or four times it working for me. I´ve posted my solution step by step in this thread and what I did.
Note: I´ve security patch level from september NOT december. maybe kernel is broken with patchlevel december.
I´m sure renoxtv will made a new modern kernel that works for both maybe better then before. ;)

renoxtv

Aug 1, 2018
Nessebar
I will. I'm just waiting for the slow Lagsung to release January 2019 patch :good:
But yeah until then, the solution is to flash a ROM with older patch level

nxtJxnas

Aug 10, 2018
Yeah, I have now downgraded to the September Version, hopefully that will work for me :) (it worked for @real_livil so Maybe it works for me too xD)

//ADDED

Yes, the September-Version works fine. No crashes yet. Amazing kernel! Thanks.

Last edited:

linxcaesar

Feb 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauv20
Hello,

Thanks for you help.

Same from me, two clicks then reboot.
Model: SM-A600FN
Was on > A600FNXXU3ARK1 currently Downloading >> A600FNXXU3ARL1/A600FNOXM3ARL1/A600FNXXU3ARK1/A600FNXXU3ARL1
What I will do is a clean wipe, TWRP > No verity > RMM > Your kernel > Magisk 18.1 Cross this out.

Will go straight Stock ROM trough ODIN, TWRP and flash your kernel

Will update about success ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello A6 users! I present you my first custom kernel for this phone. It has some pretty cool features. They are:
    ● Prerooted with Magisk 18.1
    ● SELinux Permissive
    ● Deleted all kinds of security measures like DM-Verity, RMM, Knox, TIMA, defex
    ● 5V/2A charging support (needs charger and cable that can supply it)
    ● CPU overclock to 1.7GHz (original 1.6)
    ● GPU overclock to 1.3GHz (original 1.0)
    ● Fsync on/off support
    ● CRC on/off support
    ● SafetyNet patched
    ● Overclock screen refresh rate to 64Hz
    ● CPU and GPU undervolt for optimal battery life and thermals
    ● Added tons of custom CPU governors and I/O schedulers
    ● Boeffla Wakelock Blocker
    ● Ultra Kernel Samepage Merging
    ● FRANDOM support
    ● Reduced time to sleep
    ● Wireguard support
    ● ARCH power support
    ● Prop tweaks including 1080p youtube playback support
    ● Undervolted display, touchpanel, vibrator motor and sensors for better battery life
    ● Disabled Exynos Input Booster
    ● Disabled Exynos GPU DVFS
    ● Spectrum proffiles support with optimized presets (can be found in the integrated OxygenControl app)
    ● Built with Linaro 7.4.1 toolchain
    ● Kernel base J600GDXU3ARL1
    ● Ramdisk base J600GUBS3ASA7 (January patch)

Supported variants:

SM-A600FN (Europe) - Working
    SM-A600F (Africa/Asia) - Working
    SM-A600G (Asia) - Working
    SM-A600GN (Latin America) - Probably working (needs testing)
    SM-A600N (Korea) - Probably working (needs testing)
    SM-A600P (USA Sprint) - NOT supported - Exynos 7884 CPU
    SM-A600T (USA TMobile) - NOT supported - Exynos 7884 CPU
    SM-A600T1 (USA TMobile) - NOT supported - Exynos 7884 CPU
    SM-A600A (USA AT&T)- NOT supported - Exynos 7884 CPU
    SM-A600AZ (USA AT&T) - NOT supported - Exynos 7884 CPU
    SM-A600U (USA Unlocked) - NOT supported - Exynos 7884 CPU (not confirmed)
    SM-A605 (Any A6+ variants) - NOT supported - Snapdragon 450 CPU

Download links:
    Google Drive Folder

Installation instructions
    1. You need a custom recovery installed like TWRP, a link to can be found here. Follow the instructions carefully and strictly to install it.
    2. Boot into TWRP then go to Install and navigate to the kernel zip file. Click on it and swipe to install. Everything will go automatically.
    3. Once it finishes you are basically done, reboot your phone and enjoy.

And finally, here are some screenshots from my fellow testers:

Credits:
    @renoxtv obviously
    @ananjaser1211 and @corsicanu for many commits and help with troubleshooting
    @BlackMesa123 for RMM patches
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @DarkLord1731 for making oxygen control app and Spectrum proffiles for 7870
    And the guys who went trough my torture of testing everything

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL][22.02.2019]Phoenix Kernel V3.6 for the Galaxy A6 (2018), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy A6

Contributors
    renoxtv
    Source Code: https://github.com/renoxtv/android_kernel_samsung_a6lte_exynos7870

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: V3.6
    Stable Release Date: 2019-02-22

Created 2018-08-22
    Last Updated 2019-02-22
    Q&A
    Q: Why is my OEM Unlock turned off?
    A: Don't worry about it. Some weird stuff happening there, it's still on tho.

Q: Will you add AOD?
    A: No. Not because I don't want, because it's impossible. Trust me, me and other devs tried alot.

Q: Will you add X feature?
    A: If it's possible to add and if it's not stupid.

Join here to get updates about my kernel
    I have made a Telegram channel for updates on my kernel, maybe betas too.
    Link: https://t.me/PhoenixKernelA6J6
    For reporting bugs
    So if there occurs a bug in the kernel, here are what you should do to help me fix that. Remember I work without a device so I can't replicate bugs myself.
    1. Write your phone's model number
    2. Write your phone's CSC code
    3. Write your security patch level
    4. Do you have any magisk modules installed?
    5. Explain the issue with details
    6. Replicate the issue, then boot straight to TWRP. From there go to Advanced > File Manager and navigate to /proc. Then find a file named last_kmsg, copy that to your internal storage or SDcard and upload it somewhere then send it in my XDA PM or Telegram PM at username MITKO7411XD
    Working perfectly with A600G latest update.

For faster charging, I don't see any improvement. Still stuck at 1.500mA like stock kernel. Testing using Samsung Adaptive Charger and Asus Zenfone 2 fast charger.

Thank you for testing! I could try to add Adaptive fast charging but i don't wanna risk explosion :laugh: Plus i don't have this phone. I mainly did the faster charging for people with stock A6 chargers.

Nevur XD