[Kernel][22.09.2020][4.14.198][Android 10] Kirisakura 2.0.0 for OP7/Pro aka Guacamole

silox2000

Jul 21, 2010
Hi all, I wanted to stop in and say that I installed this kernel v1.9.7 on my OnePlus 7 Pro running LineageOS 17.1 (build from 20200830) and I was having issues with the fingerprint reader reliably recognizing my registered fingerprints using it. I tried removing and re-adding the prints before and after flashing the kernel however it didn't make a difference (was successful about 3 out of 10 times, very sporadic).

After much trial and error, I found a workaround to this particular problem and thought I would share. Apparently cranking up the brightness on the phone helps with the fingerprint reading issue on the lockscreen so I created a few tasker profiles to recognize when the display is on but the screen is locked which disables auto-brightness and sets it to 100% when those specific conditions are met and the exit task just re-enables brightness. So far, so good, phone unlocks quickly now at the lockscreen with my fingerprint and brightness raises/lowers accordingly.

Hope that helps someone, I really wanted to use this kernel because it's one of the few that has the OOS battery idle feature integrated which I'm excited about as I typically keep my phones for 4-6 years and I like to take steps to make the battery last as long as possible using ACC.

Wh1t3Rose

Sep 4, 2012
ATL
snthtk.darktech.org
it's one of the few that has the OOS battery idle feature integrated.
I like that it's integrated as well. But when I was on other kernels I was using a Magisk Module that has the same feature called AccA and has lots of customizability. You should look into it

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

A OnePlus 7 Pro on OOS. Ice Bear has 2 of them now.
Why do you talk in 3rd person?

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
I like that it's integrated as well. But when I was on other kernels I was using a Magisk Module that has the same feature called AccA and has lots of customizability. You should look into it

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

It's technically 4th person because he's pretending to be someone else who already exists. *Demitri Martin draws diagram to explain*

slgooding

Oct 6, 2011
West Lafayette

I think some clarification is needed here...

AccA doesn't add battery idle functionality to a kernel. For example blu_spark does not idle with AccA because the dev refuses to add the code to his kernel. AccA just allows us to utilize the feature if the kernel supports it. It would be amazing if AccA would allow battery idle on any kernel, but unfortunately that is not the case.

nickster1

Dec 8, 2011
Minneapolis

Because Ice Bear is Ice Bear

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Curious to know, regarding the recent vulnerabilities that affects all Snapdragon phones who have not received the August security update...

One Plus has only patched these vulnerabilities in their latest beta, so what I would like to know, is or has the kernel source for this project been re-based yet on latest one plus beta kernel sources?

The vulnerabilities recently discovered, two of the vulnerabilities are kernel level exploits so I'm just curious to know if utilising this kernel in its state with the latest beta rom base would open back up the kernel vulnerabilities recently discovered.

And I'm asking on this thread because I love this kernel and am still using it on Pie but am waiting for these patches before upgrading

Last edited:

pascalevo3

Jun 2, 2015
Hey all,

I've installed this kernel one my OP7Pro and Havoc OS.

I've got a weird problem with kernel managers.

I've installed EXKM and even tried FKM and both work fine on the first few days. I don't tweak anything, just use them for battery monitoring.

Here is the weird problem. After a few days, with either manager installed my phone reboots by itself every few minutes to every few hours.

I only have a few modules installed on Magisk, but when I uninstall the kernel manager the rebooting stops.

Anyone have any similar problems or ideas?

Thanks.

ledvedder

Feb 15, 2013
Has anyone had issues with no sound while using this kernel? I'm not making the assumption that it's this kernel, but it started yesterday after flashing it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

ledvedder

Feb 15, 2013
I was having issues where there would be no sound. When watching videos, as well as phone calls. It started when I flashed this kernel. I went back to stock and all has been fine. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk