[Kernel][22.09.2020][4.14.198][Android 10] Kirisakura 2.0.0 for OP7/Pro aka Guacamole

santiagoruel13

May 9, 2012
Santa Maria, Ilocos Sur
Nice.. so in this update.. i wont be needing to always type
Su
Stop oneplus_brain_service
In terminal emulator after every boot on 10.3?? Great.. now's the time to test the OOS 10.3.0 on slot B with this kernel.. as my slot a has 10.3.0 with rz1224 kernel ..
Nice.. thanks for the update

valeriee

Oct 3, 2013
1. Download the 1.6.0 kernel and the latest companion module
2.boot into custom recovery
3. Flash the 1.6.0 file
4. Reboot system
5. Install the companion module via Magisk
6. Reboot
7. Prosper

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
Maybe OP can chime in on this but does it matter if the companion module zip is flashed before or after the kernel zip? I see in the OP it says to flash the companion first?

p.s. Thank you so much OP for this amazing kernel! Your hard work is appreciated

AnnoyingZlatan

Jun 5, 2012
Tuzla
Maybe OP can chime in on this but does it matter if the companion module zip is flashed before or after the kernel zip? I see in the OP it says to flash the companion first?

p.s. Thank you so much OP for this amazing kernel! Your hard work is appreciated
Well not like your device will explode if you flash kernel first, but module is supposed to go before the kernel since it is setting options which will be used by kernel

-Deco-

Sep 22, 2015
Glasgow

No, there will be no difference - the companion module is neither necessary to have the kernel functioning as intended.

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
man. Great update! thanks!! do you also test on the 7t? is it safe to flash it there? :)
The 1.5.0 releases, which was never released, worked on the 7T. Sadly it seems I lost my only tester with a 7T recently. If you could flash it and report back I´d greatly appreciate it!

Just backup your boot.img before flashing and check if everything is working. In case something is wrong you can either return to stock by flashing the stock boot.img (magisk patched or not) or return to your backed up boot.img.

And looks like the proper fix for Wireguard has been posted as well just after the kernel was released https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=81399673

UPDATE:Just did a quick test switching between wifi and mobile data, and using mobile data while connected through Wireguard tunnel. It doesn't cause reboot anymore so the fix is working.
However, consider using official fix I linked above for your next release @Freak07.

Thank you very much for your kernel. [emoji106]️

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Thank you for the hint. Wireguard will be patched automatically for the next build so it should be in anyway.
Google doesn´t use the rmnet extensions on the Pixel 4 as well, so I just leave them disabled for the future.

1. Download the 1.6.0 kernel and the latest companion module
2.boot into custom recovery
3. Flash the 1.6.0 file
4. Reboot system
5. Install the companion module via Magisk
6. Reboot
7. Prosper

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Well not like your device will explode if you flash kernel first, but module is supposed to go before the kernel since it is setting options which will be used by kernel
No, there will be no difference - the companion module is neither necessary to have the kernel functioning as intended.
True @-Deco- the module is not necessary for the kernel to work (it was in the early days of pie), but I´d still recommend flashing it.

The order does not matter, as long as you do one reboot after flashing the magisk module, because the the settings from the module will be applied after a reboot.

With the order pointed out in the OP, you need one less reboot compared to the method described by @monkboy24 :)

Installed on Open Beta 8. No issues so far. Phone feels much more snappy compared to stock kernel.
Great to hear. I don´t actively support any betas but it should work. However if a situation like previously with brainservice is happening, there´s not much I wan to do without sources.

Mesmurized

Nov 16, 2013
Considering converting to f2fs. Would this work?

TWRP nanoid, sdcard OTG backup
Format f2fs, reboot TWRP.
Restore /data from TWRP nanoid on OTG
Restore /sdcard from OTG backup.

If not, what am I missing?

OP7PRO Stock OOS 9.5.13 rooted

imrcrab

Aug 14, 2019

you need to flash kernel on android P. otherwise can't work

qikxotik

Oct 19, 2017

I don't recall if twrp partition backups are block level or fs level but if they're block level like a dd if=of= then restoring it will defeat the purpose of changing the filesystem type. Otherwise it sounds like a plausible method

Reactions: Mesmurized

Gordietm

Sep 11, 2012
Toronto

I'm anxious to hear if it worked, I'm also considering converting to f2fs. I'm on OOS 10.3.0, but that shouldn't change the method that you're using.

SLAlmeida

Feb 28, 2016
Hi
I installed this kernel for the first time, and I have many doubts about the adjustments, because there are many parameters, I installed the FK Kernel Manager, and I do not know which switches I put as true, can anyone help me?
Is there any profile I can use?
Thanks

ridobe

Dec 20, 2010
Westfield, In.
Hi
I installed this kernel for the first time, and I have many doubts about the adjustments, because there are many parameters, I installed the FK Kernel Manager, and I do not know which switches I put as true, can anyone help me?
Is there any profile I can use?
Thanks
It's built optimally as is. Boot it and forget it.