[Kernel][22.09.2020][4.14.198][Android 10] Kirisakura 2.0.0 for OP7/Pro aka Guacamole

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Hmmm.... That's weird as 7 days ago there should be v20200128, or at least v20200121, already released.

Screenshot source: https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-linux-compat/log/

Are you sure your Wireguard fetch script is up to date as I'm not sure why it would fetch the archived version other than if your script isn't up to date? Latest should be from 2019121029 (https://git.zx2c4.com/android_kernel_wireguard/commit/?id=c3fb88503cabc2234db2c1dfda41f0288c9f4ba8) and it changed the location to download the module from the archived location to the new one.

Thank you.

Or maybe I'm just very wrong and don't know what I'm talking about. Anyway, thank you very much for this kernel, Freak07.
I just followed the instructions so wireguard was integrated into the kernel. I didn’t touch the script to fetch it.

I’ll check it out when I get a chance :cowboy:

Maybe something has gone wrong or something is missing.

May 24, 2015
Hi,

I'm getting this error after flashing module - reboot then flashing the kernel via exkm or twrp.

QUALCOMM CrashDump Mode
------------------------------------------
Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x0000000b
complete_and_exit

restoring to stock boot..img works and other kernel works. what maybe the reason?
I have a OP7 Pro GM1913 eu on 10.0.3 both slots

calvin0512

Jan 22, 2011
Nanning
Hi,

I'm getting this error after flashing module - reboot then flashing the kernel via exkm or twrp.

QUALCOMM CrashDump Mode
------------------------------------------
Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x0000000b
complete_and_exit

restoring to stock boot..img works and other kernel works. what maybe the reason?
I have a OP7 Pro GM1913 eu on 10.0.3 both slots
After flashing the module, do not reboot and continue flashing the kernel then reboot.

robertelam83

May 21, 2015
California
Question re. Kirisakura magisk module that is installed along with the kernel... if you change kernels but the magisk module is still installed, will it affect the non-Kirisakura kernel at all??

You could probably just disable the module without deleting it... I'm assuming you're asking in the case you want to go back to Kirisakura.

I'd just disable. The module changes some files that work specific to Kirisakura so it's best (imo) if not using Kirisakura to revert those files/settings back.

5upon

Jan 31, 2011
This kernel seems to get a ton of views but not much message traffic, which speaks to its quality - lots of downloads but few issues. I have seen a huge improvement in performance and battery life since going to this kernel over stock, having tried all the other usual suspects which didn't move the needle. Many thanks and much respect to the dev.

Texan1

Dec 22, 2008
Australia
You could probably just disable the module without deleting it... I'm assuming you're asking in the case you want to go back to Kirisakura.
I'd just disable. The module changes some files that work specific to Kirisakura so it's best (imo) if not using Kirisakura to revert those files/settings back.
I was asking more so in terms of I had been playing around with installing some other kernels for a few weeks and then realised the magisk module was still installed, so wondered if it had affected any of the non-Kirisakura kernels I'd been using.

stmims1124

Sep 28, 2010
Gaithersburg, MD
This kernel seems to get a ton of views but not much message traffic, which speaks to its quality - lots of downloads but few issues. I have seen a huge improvement in performance and battery life since going to this kernel over stock, having tried all the other usual suspects which didn't move the needle. Many thanks and much respect to the dev.
Well said... Here here.

-Deco-

Sep 22, 2015
Glasgow
I was asking more so in terms of I had been playing around with installing some other kernels for a few weeks and then realised the magisk module was still installed, so wondered if it had affected any of the non-Kirisakura kernels I'd been using.
Yes and no, it's entirely dependent on your configuration.

To put it into context, the module targets device specific parameters to modify, with what this particular kernel is expected to contain (say a CPU governor altered to this one), however, if the kernel is different and the setting cannot be applied, the boot script will default to either the device's default settings, or the different kernel's setting, whichever comes first.

The boot script is also relevant to this, as if the module will request SuperSU permissions to apply the settings before the kernel locks in it's own, then it will be overridden. If it's after, then the reverse applies.

Note that deleting the module can be safely be done, even if it's still there after removing the kernel, nothing will be affected.

pratzyushd

Aug 20, 2019
Hi guys, three questions. Can this kernel be used without OOS on a custom ROM like crDroid?

And also, can FKM be used to flash and tweak this kernel?

And finally, is there a Telegram group or something for this kernel? Or is it just XDA?

zoman7663

May 23, 2010
Columbia, MD
mysmartphonetips.com
Hi guys, three questions. Can this kernel be used without OOS on a custom ROM like crDroid?

And also, can FKM be used to flash and tweak this kernel?

And finally, is there a Telegram group or something for this kernel? Or is it just XDA?
Not made for custom ROMS, may work, may not. Yes you can use FKM or EX kernel managers (most will work) and no there isn't a telegram group.

qikxotik

Oct 19, 2017
Reactions: braschlosan
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone