[Kernel][22.09.2020][4.14.198][Android 10] Kirisakura 2.0.0 for OP7/Pro aka Guacamole

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
But you've left it not up-to-date, so maybe you shouldn't be including this in your changelog when it's not true? :confused:
Thanks for the heads up. It seems I repacked the old zip with the new kernel (and dtb) and forgot to use the new zip from my ak3 repo. :(

will be fixed in the next release!

Edit: edited the release post.

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
Yea, thanks for stating the obvious. I asked a question and made a statement. Was merely checking if the issue was mine alone. If I choose to upload logs, there will be logs.
I'm really fighting the urge to make a pro choice joke. But **** it lol

So here's it is! Without a log, you essentially aborted any ability for people to help you figure the issue out.

valeriee

Oct 3, 2013
Thank you OP for this update! So just to confirm, the gpu overclock is disabled by default and the only way to enable it is to download exkm? Does it affect battery life? Thank you!

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Recognized Contribut
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
But you've left it not up-to-date, so maybe you shouldn't be including this in your changelog when it's not true? :confused::(
Thanks for the heads up. It seems I repacked the old zip with the new kernel (and dtb) and forgot to use the new zip from my ak3 repo. :(

will be fixed in the next release!

Edit: edited the release post.
Sweet! Thanks. :)

Once you're up-to-date you could start linking this for your custom ROM users in your release posts: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82097109&postcount=932

:highfive::victory:

Last edited:

Leicxan

Dec 21, 2011
Shanghai
Hi Freak07,
Any chance for disable audit log flooding in kernel log?
It shows tons of audit: rate limit exceeded in dmesg.

And much appreciated for your new kernel update;)

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs

beeshyams

Dec 29, 2014
Bangalore
Apologies for not remembering but is the 'Ram Boost' setting meant to be on or off with this kernel?

(I have the 6GB model)
On June 5th LAST YEAR, OP says

"It doesn´t matter. This kernel doesn´t include the necessary changes for this feature to function any longer.
I set mine to disabled. Don´t worry about it."

Reactions: Texan1

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Thank you OP for this update! So just to confirm, the gpu overclock is disabled by default and the only way to enable it is to download exkm? Does it affect battery life? Thank you!
The GPU overclock is disabled if you flash my module alongside the kernel, which is what I recommend.
Judging from the downloads tab I usually see less people download the module than the kernel itself.
I think I made it pretty clear in the OP that it´s intended to run both, the kernel and the module. :)

If you don´t flash the module GPU OC will be used by default.

You don´t need EXKM or FKM for it. These are just graphical interfaces to make it easier to set it.

echo 585000000 > /sys/class/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/devfreq/max_freq

this will set the maxfreq to 585mhz stock sd855 value. You can set it via terminal app, tasker, scripts etc.

Hi Freak07,
Any chance for disable audit log flooding in kernel log?
It shows tons of audit: rate limit exceeded in dmesg.

And much appreciated for your new kernel update;)

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs
I was hesitant to add this in the beginning since there seemed to be a lot of selinux-related errors on OOS specifically.
But I guess it can be safely disabled by now. I´ll have a look at it in the next update :)

Apologies for not remembering but is the 'Ram Boost' setting meant to be on or off with this kernel?

(I have the 6GB model)
On June 5th LAST YEAR, OP says

"It doesn´t matter. This kernel doesn´t include the necessary changes for this feature to function any longer.
I set mine to disabled. Don´t worry about it."
That was for Pie @beeshyams :) but very nice that you used search!

On Android 10 I´d keep Ram Boost enabled as it will enable ZRAM. RAM usage on Android 10 OOS increased compared to Android 9.
So the 6 and 8GB RAM variants should keep it enabled for ZRAM!

The release post says 1.9.2 but the link is to 1.9.1.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Fixed :)

Last edited:

VampireHeart

Jan 13, 2015
Viterbo
The GPU overclock is disabled if you flash my module alongside the kernel, which is what I recommend.
Judging from the downloads tab I usually see less people download the module than the kernel itself.
I think I made it pretty clear in the OP that it´s intended to run both, the kernel and the module. :)

If you don´t flash the module GPU OC will be used by default.

You don´t need EXKM or FKM for it. These are just graphical interfaces to make it easier to set it.

echo 585000000 > /sys/class/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/devfreq/max_freq

this will set the maxfreq to 585mhz stock sd855 value. You can set it via terminal app, tasker, scripts etc.

I was hesitant to add this in the beginning since there seemed to be a lot of selinux-related errors on OOS specifically.
But I guess it can be safely disabled by now. I´ll have a look at it in the next update :)

That was for Pie @beeshyams :) but very nice that you used search!

On Android 10 I´d keep Ram Boost enabled as it will enable ZRAM. RAM usage on Android 10 OOS increased compared to Android 9.
So the 6 and 8GB RAM variants should keep it enabled for ZRAM!

Fixed :)
Sorry but I see only 1.9.1 link

da4kgr3y

Jul 16, 2008
Of broken dreams...
On lastest build my phone doesnt wake up after dose.
On previous build everything was ok.
Does anyone faced this issue?

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

I have latest stable OOS plus Renovate Rice and OP7pro.
Latest magisk 20.4 abd gms doze plugin.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Ip , maybe in next update you will thing do back port cpu clocks and voltages from sdm 855plus to your kernel?
Not only for gpu?

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

How dramatically will affect the battery life turning off Power saving workingqueues? And how it will affect perfomance?

replica88

Oct 1, 2010
The battery idle mode seems to not work, as ACC said the kernel not support it, and my oneplus 7 pro only have one charging switch that works on stop charging the battery. After stop charging, the battery is still in use and drop the percentage after a while, can you look into this?