• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [Kernel][25.11.2021][Android 11] Kirisakura 1.4.0 for Asus ROG Phone 5 aka "Anakin"

Search This thread

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Kirisakura-Kernel for the ROG Phone 5

Hello everyone,

To keep it short: Here is Kirisakura - Kernel for the Asus ROG Phone 5 aka Anakin. The ROG Phone line-up internal codenames are traditionally derived from Yedi-Characters of the Star Wars universe. Three years ago the 1st gen ROG Phone bore the generic title "Yedi", the ROG Phone 2 was codenamed "Yoda" and the Rog Phone 3 bore the title "Obiwan".
I would appreciate if everybody that flashes the kernel, reads at least once through this opening post and the following ones.

Kirisakura - Kernel is designed to bring a handful of beneficial features to the device, while ensuring excellent performance and smoothness to get you safely through the day!
If you expect a custom kernel to magically improve your devices battery life manifold and this is your only priority then this might not be the right place for you.
However the kernel is built to keep battery life close to the same as you would experience the on stock kernel while being tuned to perform better in various UI related benchmarks. The same benches are used by google to verify and ensure UI smoothness on the Pixel devices. The scheduler is tuned to yield lower jitter and reduce jank frames.
There´s also a cpu-battery saver mode that cuts back the CPU max- freqs, but without the disadvantages like delayed notifications from built into the system user-space power-saving modes.
If that got your curious, I welcome you to continue reading if you´re still interested!

This project aims to keep most of the subsystems updated, way ahead of the stock kernel, thereby improving security and performance, while keeping stability as the foucs during testing! This includes Linux-Stable, CAF-Upstream and kernel/common.

A very positive development. Google pushed for CFI and SCS to be enabled by default in the android-common kernel. In this years generation ( 5.4 linux kernel base/ SD 888 ) CFI and SCS are enabled by default. It was a lot of work to get these features working nicely on the kernels I did develop on for the past few year. So it´s nice to see this is now there by default in everybody can profit from it.
I put the explanations and links in hide tags here.

Kernel Control Flow Integrity (Kernel-CFI), which is achieved by linking the kernel with LLD and Link Time Optimization (LTO), more precisely ThinLTO, are quite unique security features.
The recently released Kirisakura-Kernel for the OnePlus 8 Pro was featured on the XDA-Portal due to the inclusion of CFI. The featured article explains CFI in great details, is easy to understand and definitely worth to read.
If possible the latest Kirisakura-Kernel releases for various devices aim to include CFI in enforcing mode so users can benefit from this security features.

Another security feature is Shadow Call Stack (SCS).
SCS is another security patchset that is aimed at preventing attacks via return oriented programming (ROP).
ROP is a technique where the attacker gains control of the kernel stack to overwrite function return addresses and redirect execution to carefully selected parts of existing kernel code.
If you´re interested here are a few good links:
Google Security Blog explaining SCS.
LLVM doc about SCS
Android DOCs documenting SCS

If reading about linux or caf/qcom upstream in the paragraph above got you curious, have a read about Linux-Stable and why it is important here. The stable-process is not the same for every subsystem, but the general idea, rule of thumb and benefits are applicable for other subsystems as well.
Read more about the Release-Model following this link.
This conversation on the LKML mailing list also shows the power of Linux-Stable and why it´s very beneficial to not just say it´s not worth and a potentiol source for bugs:
Starting with the Initial Message , the following reply and a good summarizing statement.

Quick explanation of CAF-Upstream. CAF is short for Codeaurora-Forums. This is the place where development from Qualcomm for their SoCs happens. This includes the Snapdragon 888 that´s built into the different SKUs of the ROG Phone 5.
The kernel-bases available on the Codeaurora-Forums, are basically the foundations OEMs use, to build their own kernel additions on top for devices featuring Qualcomm SoCs.
The Qualcomm developers push regular updates to the bases of the different SoCs, a bit similar to how Linux-Upstream works. OEMs usually stop updating the initial base after the phone is released.
This kernel focuses amongst the other features to provide the latest CAF-Updates merged in a regular manner, to provide updates, improvements and enhancements for SoC specific drivers and subsystems! This might take a while, because a lot of device specific testing is done on my end to ensure stability.

The kernel includes a lot of improvements and contributions from other developers as well. Without this kernel would not exist.
A big part of improvements originate from @arter97´s, @kdrag0n´s and @Sultanxda´s work. Many others contributed in some way or another to this kernel.
A big thanks to all of them at this place!

Now lets continue with a list of features in the next paragraph!

Main Features:
- Based on latest kernel sources from Asus for Android 11 and intended to be used on the latest Asus Stock-Firmware (currently 18.0840.2111.166)
- compiled with Clang 13.0.1 and built with -O3 speed optimizations
- Linux-Stable-Upstream included to 5.4.161
- upstreamed CAF base for the Snapdragon 888 (qcoms internal codename "lahaina")
- include important fixes/improvements from kernel/common
- tune scheduler for improved jitter and less jank frames
- reduce power consumption during deep sleep
- remove logging while device is suspended
- remove sleep debugging from Asus for release build
- disable various debugging mechanisms for drivers which are not needed on a perf build (for example touchscreen, fingerprint reader, display, binder)
- disable various debugging configs, that are not needed in a perf kernel build according to google.
- disable selinux auditing (we don´t have to adress selinux denials running a stock rom)
- display tweaks to reduce power consumption on statically rendered images
- disable unnecessary CPU errata for our specific SoC
- disable per cgroup pressure tracking to reduce overhead
- free up RAM by removing reserved mem regions used only for debugging
- implement LRNG (thanks @arter97, see arter kernel OP for more info )
- Flashing the kernel will keep root!
- Flashable via EXKM, FKM or TWRP (if available) on a rooted system!
- Anykernel zip is based on the Anykernel3 release from @osm0sis

EAS related features:
- Implement dynamic WALT-Window size depending on current FPS, collecting information about CPU-Load to provide more precise information for the scheduler
- EAS implementation patched up to latest CAF state
- updates from kernel/common
- scheduler updates from sd888/ 5.4 kernel
- scheduler update from sony xperia 1 III kernel aiming to improve WALT

CPU related features:
- Power saving workingqueues enabled by default (toggleable in EXKM)
- Change various drivers (WLAN, MM, audio, charger, power, thermal, glink etc) to use power efficient workingqueues. This compliments EAS in general
- improvements to cpufreq/times/stats
- vdso32 patches as found on Google Pixel devices (brief documentation here) (CAF 5.4 default, keep for documentation)
- remove event debug logging
- disable broken irq detection, disable debugmon
- improve suspend/resume from audio driver (caf-upstream for audio-kernel)
- cpuidle: wake only cpus for which qos has changed (this allows cores to keep idle states better)
- disable debugging during sleep states as per qcom recommendation
- remove RTB logging to reduce overhead
- disable trace_printk as it shouldn´t be used on production/perf kernel builds
- disable edac and coresight (following google on the pixel kernels)
- disable jtagv8 debugging as recommended by qcom for perf builds to avoid potential power, performance and memory penalty
- disable s2idle in favor of deep idle state -> improves deep sleep drain (google initially used 2idle for improved suspend/resume latency on pixel 3 and pixel 4, but disabled it on pixel 5. qcom followed suit for sd 888, but apparently didn´t see google reverting it on pixel 5. Other OEMs such as Xiaomi or OnePlus already disabled s2idle on their SD888 devices in favor of deep- read more about s2idle vs deep here)
- raise LTO-inlining -> more info

GPU related features:
- GPU driver updated to latest CAF-State
- gpu/kgsl improvements from pixel 4/pixel 5 kernel
- add low_prio_worker thread for gpu driver (Improves performance when tearing down processes (eg, via LMK) and not blocking currently running UI from submitting work to the GPU
- remove POPP functionality from GPU driver to avoid constant fight about downscaling with msm-adreno-tz
- increase gpu worker thread priority
- don´t wait for fenced GMU writes

File System related features:
- upstream BFQ-MQ to latest state in linux-mainline and default to 128KB readahead
- improve memory allocations in kernfs
- ufs improvements from pixel 4/ pixel 5 kernel
- improve GC as to not interfere while user interaction is happening and prevent possible jitter or latency spikes
- improvements to deep sleep power consumption (ufs driver, auto hibernate)

Audio related features:
- provide option to override audio profile based on impedance measurement (run 16ohm headphones in 64ohm mode, dangerous use with caution!)
----> more information/explanation how to control the feature linked here

Display related features:
- Backlight Dimmer (reduce minimal brightness below stock limit)

Network related features:
- Wireguard Support (Details)
- advanced TCP algorithms enabled
- use bbr as default TCP congestion algorithm (fasted algo according to this excellent research from @kdrag0n found here )
- improved networking drivers from caf-upstream (especially wifi)
- remove unnecessary wakelock from WLAN driver to reduce thousands of very short wakeups during a 7 hour deep sleep period
- improved bluetooth performance (¹, ²)
- Enable support for TTL spoofing

Memory related features:
- Speculative Page Faults left enabled (1. 2) (CAF 5.4 default, keep for documentation)
- Fix various memory leaks in different subsystems
- improved mm with patches from mainline
- patches from kernel/common
- improve memory allocations in various subsystems, video encode/decode, kernfs, cgroup
- Backport to enable CONFIG_HAVE_MOVE_PMD (see here) , thanks @arter97
- Backport to enable CONFIG_HAVE_MOVE_PUD (commit here) , thanks @arter97
- free more RAM by removing unused reserved memory regions
- mm: Micro-optimize PID map reads for arm64 (improves game performance, especially unity based games such as genshin impact)

Security related features:
- Control-Flow-Integration (CFI) and Link-Time-Optimization (LTO) (CAF 5.4 default, keep for documentation)
- Use ThinLTO which was first used in the Pixel 4 XL Android R-Kernel instead of full LTO (CAF 5.4 default, keep for documentation)
- Shadow Call Stack (SCS) Security-Feature ( 5.4 default, keep for documentation)
- enable init_on_alloc for even more security, more information can be found in the commit message (CAF 5.4 default, keep for documentation)

Misc Features:

Wakelock Blocker:
- advanced wakelock blocker with the ability to block any wakelocks (dangerous, use with caution)
- please read [URL="https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/08/p-is-for-power-how-google-tests-tracks-and-improves-android-battery-life/"]this for further info
- blocking a kernel wakelock should only be done in case of firmware incompatabilities (WiFi network at work (can´t be changed) causes deep sleep to not work on the phone.) That´s the only use case I see for this feature. The kernel does not features this to improve battery life!

Other features:
- clean up asus drivers and fix a few warnings in kernel log
- disable logging and debugging to make the kernel more lightweight in various places (includes binder, mm, vma, gpu, ipa etc)
- fix several coding issues detected by newer Clang-Toolchains
- enlarge dmesg size to ease debugging

Flashing Guide, Download and Changelog

Requirements:
- unlocked Bootloader (this will void warranty and kill future OTA updates on all asus phones at the moment)
- USB-Debugging in developer options enabled
- latest adb and fastboot binaries
- working adb and fastboot environment
- magisk root
- a backup of stock boot.img, vendor_boot.img and dtbo.img so you can go back to stock conditions (simplest way is TWRP or to extract from stock firmware)

How to flash the Kernel:
1. Download the latest kernel.zip and make sure you have properly updated to the latest matching Asus Stock-Firmware (check the feature list for the current firmware the source is based on). When the ROG Phone 5 receives an OTA update it takes Asus a while to release the source code for the new OS and me a while to build a new kernel. If you don´t want to face any issues, wait until I either release an updated kernel or give green light because there were no kernel changes.
Always make sure to run the firmware the kernel is built for!
If you feel adventurous and try in advance, make sure you have a backup ready!

2. Flash the kernel.zip via latest TWRP (if available), EXKM or FKM app and do a full reboot.
2a. Important: If flashing the kernel via TWRP, flash the DLKM magisk module found in the download folder that matches the kernel version.

3. Reboot and profit.

DOWNLOAD:
Download is located always in this folder:

Important: Read after Download
Please take a look at the second post after flashing the kernel!

Changelog:
Android 11

1.0.0 Initial Release
1.1.0 https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-rog-phone-5-aka-anakin.4333363/post-85637825
1.2.0 https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-rog-phone-5-aka-anakin.4333363/post-85709075
1.4.0 https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-rog-phone-5-aka-anakin.4333363/post-85998687

Donations:
Donations are not mandatory but very welcome if you want to support development or just buy me a coffee/tea :)
If you like my work: http://paypal.me/freak07

Credits:
Asus for the development device, giving me the opportunity to create this project!
@osm0sis for all his work, including the ak3 installer!
@tbalden for being the best HTC, Pixel, OnePlus and now Asus wingman!
@LeeDroid and @mwilky for their awesome roms and work I used on multiple devices!
@Captain_Throwback for all the mentoring and guidance!
@Eliminater74 for bringing me into the game and the Inspiration
@nathanchance for his upstream guidance and assistance
@RenderBroken for helping me out
@flar2 for all his work
@joshuous for all the help he provided to me in the past!
@arter97 for giving me advice
@kdrag0n for his help and advices!
@topjohnwu for magisk!

Source Code: https://github.com/freak07/Kirisakura_ANAKIN_ROG5

Last edited:

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
F.A.Q:

Question:
Is root preserved when flashing this kernel?
Answer: Yes, the AnyKernel.zip will detect root and keep it.

Question: Safetynet does not pass on my phone since I unlocked the phone, why is this so?
Answer: Google introduced hardware backed attestation recently. Unfortunately the old kernel tricks to still get safetynet passing won´t work. Instead you will have to rely on some magisk modules. Short guide in post #4 below.

Question: How do I return back to stock or another kernel.
Answer: Extract boot.img, vendor_boot.img as well as dtbo.img from matching firmware you are on (you can do so by using this tool or similar ones found on XDA and when googling around) and flash them via fastboot. If you want to keep root flash back the magisk_patched_boot.img. Or dirty flash your rom and re-root.

Question: Why is having Magisk installed mandatory for this kernel?
Answer: The kernel uses a ramdisk overlay to apply some settings after boot. If you are not rooted these settings will not get applied and you miss some of the optimizations.

Question: How to report bugs properly?
Answer: Have a look at post #3 in the linked thread. The linked guide is a pretty good starting point.
Before reporting any bug make sure you´re running on a stock configuration. That´s means you´re not using any mods, tweaks in kernel managers or other root tweaks , magisk modules, scripts or other modifications that alter various functions like sound mods, data traffic, sleeping behaviour, scheduler, magical battery tweaks etc.
Try to describe the issue as detailed as possible! Give your exact setup, like rom, magisk version, kernel version.
Is the issue reproducible? Does it happen frequently?
Provide logs, otherwise debugging is a lot harder. If you can already reproduce the issue and provide logs it greatly limits the amount of time I have to spent until I figure out how to reproduce it.

If the device force reboots/randomly reboots (that means you see the bootloader unlocked screen!) provide a .zip of /asdf.
Easiest way is immediately after booting up, with a root explorer navigate to /asdf. Copy the contents to your internal storage, zip it up and send it to me.

If the issue happens while the device is running provide a dmesg plus a logcat that you take while/shortly after the issue happens. This will log what´s running in the current session. Try to be as detailed as possible what´s happening when the issue appears. It will also help me in reading the log!

Last edited:

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
Feature Documentation:
Here´s a brief documentation about some of the features included in the kernel that can be changed as the user desires.
They can be accessed via either terminal, scripts or for example EXKM manager ( tools -> user settings).

CPU-Frequency Limiting:
Another option is CPU-Freq Limiting. You can now limit the CPU frequency to a few different levels with a sysfs interface. Original implementation is from @tbalden, I only changed it to be accessible via traditional root methods.
Main Switch:
sys/module/cpufreq/parameters/batterysaver
Set this option to "1" to enable the feature

Max-Frequency Selection (Input boosts, such as scrolling boost or app launching boosts will still apply, if touch boost restriction is not set to 1)
sys/module/cpufreq/parameters/batterysaver_level
Set this to "1" to restrict the max CPU-Freqs to 1,7GHZ/2,1GHZ/2,49GHZ (Little Cluster/Big Cluster/Prime Core)
Set this to "2" to restrict the max CPU-Freqs to 1,6GHZ/1,7GHZ/2,0GHZ (Little Cluster/Big Cluster/Prime Core)
Set this to "3" to restrict the max CPU-Freqs to 1,49GHZ/1,4GHZ/1,6GHZ (Little Cluster/Big Cluster/Prime Core)

Touch-Boost Restriction
sys/module/cpufreq/parameters/batterysaver_touch limiting
Set this to "1" to restrict the powerhal from boosting over the limit defined in batterysaver_level
Set this to "0" to allow the powerhal to boost above the values defined in batterysaver_level, but only during interaction with the Phone!

Screenshots:
View attachment 5309899View attachment 5309901View attachment 5309903

This is for example very useful during gaming to prevent additional heat, if not the highest performance from the CPU is required. Check if the game is running fine on level 1 or 2, and you´ll notice much less heat. Powerdraw will be reduced as well.
Another very useful trick while doing video calls or long extended navigation sessions with google maps to preserve battery or keep the phone from heating. Especially during summer if the ambient temperatures are high.
This is a very easy way to preserve battery or reduce heat without toggling the battery save mode in settings as that restricts background data usage, which can lead to delayed notifications.

Last edited:

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
How to pass Safetynet after unlocking the bootloader

With the introduction of hardware backed safetynet attestation, passing safetynet has become a lot more complicated.
Some probably remember a while ago, flashing a kernel that forced some flags was enough to pass it. However these days are gone.
Below is a short guide how to pass safetynet on phones that are flagged to use HW attestation (such as the ROG 5).

1. Make sure you´re running with a working magisk environment on your phone.
2. In Magisk Manager install both the "base" Riru module and Riru-LSPosed magisk module and do a reboot.
3. After reboot make sure magisk hide is enabled in magisk manager
4. Download the latest Universal Safety Net Fix from @kdrag0n ´s github and flash it in Magisk Manager. Reboot.
5. Profit

Screenshot_20210920-073118073.jpg
Screenshot_20210920-073032443.jpg

Last edited:

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
Github Repository containing buildable standalone stock kernel

Building the ROG Phone kernels standalone, was always tricky and the ROG Phone 5 is no different.

I was asked for help in getting the stock source buildable a while back.
Now I got hands on a Rog Phone 5 so I created a branch on my github, which is essentially a barebones stock kernel, just configured to be built standalone.
Toolchains can be obtained from googles repos. GCC you need to reset the commit history.
Buildscript is called build_kirisakura.sh.
Please check my AK3 installer as to not miss the kernel modules that should be included.

Have fun and good luck on any project started.

Last edited:

Handeman707

Jan 21, 2010
Den Bosch (NL)
Great news and a very good kernel!, maybe you can also deploy a custom rom with this great kernel with your team in the near future for the ROG 5 phone. Thanks Anyway! 💪👍

Just a heads up: Something with installing the kernel breaks 7DS (com.netmarble.nanagb) completely and causes NieR to lag terribly (games with 3d graphics). I started running it with logcat and the first three or so runs failed, but then it magically worked on the fourth. It started crashing again when attempting to exit and restart. Double checked and it doesn't happen on stock (even w/ magisk)

Code:
09-14 20:21:36.074  1936  2968 I ActivityTaskManager: START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.netmarble.nanagb/com.netmarble.fpplugin.FPActivity} from uid 10211
09-14 20:21:36.074  1936  2009 D EventSequenceValidator: Transition from ACTIVITY_CANCELLED to INTENT_STARTED
09-14 20:21:36.076  1152  1189 E ANDR-PERF-LM: GAMEOPT: getData() 1040: isHeavy hint type 1 for app com.netmarble.nanagb
09-14 20:21:36.076  1936  2968 E ANDR-PERF-JNI: com_qualcomm_qtiperformance_native_perf_io_prefetch_start
09-14 20:21:36.079  1151  1172 E ANDR-IOP: io prefetch is disabled
09-14 20:21:36.079  1936  2968 D ActivityTrigger: ActivityTrigger activityPauseTrigger 
09-14 20:21:36.079  1152  1188 E ANDR-PERF-UTIL: Failed to read /proc/sys/kernel/sched_little_cluster_coloc_fmin_khz
09-14 20:21:36.079  1152  1188 E ANDR-PERF-OPTSHANDLER: Failed to read /proc/sys/kernel/sched_little_cluster_coloc_fmin_khz
09-14 20:21:36.079  1152  1188 E ANDR-PERF-RESOURCEQS: Failed to apply optimization [3, 27]
09-14 20:21:36.081 12857 12857 D Crashlytics: startIntentSafely
09-14 20:21:36.082  1936  2028 D ResourceManagerUtils: getPid: pid not found, processName=com.netmarble.nanagb
09-14 20:21:36.082  1936  2009 D EventSequenceValidator: Transition from INTENT_STARTED to ACTIVITY_LAUNCHED
09-14 20:21:36.083 12857 12857 D Crashlytics: HomeScreen onStop
09-14 20:21:36.085  1152  1189 E ANDR-PERF-LM: GAMEOPT: operator()() 530: ERROR: status != Status::SUCCESS
09-14 20:21:36.085  1152  1189 E ANDR-PERF-LM: GamePerfEngine: runAsync() 477: Hint is for com.netmarble.nanagb/com.netmarble.fpplugin.FPActivity/65010210 = 0x1003 PID=1936
09-14 20:21:36.085   705   705 I hwservicemanager: getTransport: Cannot find entry [email protected]::IDisplayConfig/default in either framework or device manifest.
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D Drawer  : statusObserver: 
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D Drawer  :     oldStatus=[DrawerPanelStatus(state=AllAppsDrawerState(folderId=-1), showAds=false, showMessageArea=false)] 
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D Drawer  :     newStatus=[DrawerPanelStatus(state=AllAppsDrawerState(folderId=-1), showAds=false, showMessageArea=false)]
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D Drawer  : onStateChanged() called with: 
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D Drawer  :     oldState = [AllAppsDrawerState(folderId=-1)] 
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D Drawer  :     newState = [AllAppsDrawerState(folderId=-1)]
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D Drawer  : onStateChanged: doAnimation is false, openPendingFoldere is false
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D ViewAdapterHelper: dispatch() called with: itemList = [[CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=phone, position=0, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=internet, position=1, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=games, position=2, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=media, position=3, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=utility, position=4, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=settings, position=5, showBadge=false), selected=false)]]
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D DrawerViewModel: sourceForStatus: [CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=phone, position=0, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=internet, position=1, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=games, position=2, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=media, position=3, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=utility, position=4, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=settings, position=5, showBadge=false), selected=false)]
09-14 20:21:36.088 12857 12970 D DrawerViewModel: loadAllApps: in 0ms
09-14 20:21:36.088 12857 12857 D Drawer  : drawerItemsObserver with list 32
09-14 20:21:36.088 12857 12857 D DrawerAdapter: load() called with: newItems size = [32]
09-14 20:21:36.088 12857 12857 D DrawerAdapter: resetting dragging info
09-14 20:21:36.089 12857 12857 D SimpleUpdateCallback: onChanged() called with: position = [0], count = [1], payload = [null]
09-14 20:21:36.089 12857 12857 D DrawerRecyclerView: freezeHeight() called with: enable = [false]
09-14 20:21:36.093   967   967 D Zygote  : Forked child process 13138
09-14 20:21:36.094  1936  2032 I ActivityManager: Start proc 13138:com.netmarble.nanagb/u0a247 for pre-top-activity {com.netmarble.nanagb/com.netmarble.fpplugin.FPActivity} duration: 13
09-14 20:21:36.095 13138 13138 I libc    : SetHeapTaggingLevel: tag level set to 0
09-14 20:21:36.103 13138 13138 E etmarble.nanag: Not starting debugger since process cannot load the jdwp agent.
09-14 20:21:36.109  1936  2968 I InputDispatcher: Window 'Window{500b61a u0 ginlemon.flowerfree/ginlemon.flower.HomeScreen}' spent 2.1ms processing input events on average(0/11). Monitor spent 1.0ms processing input events on average(0/3). Window input events down spent 0.6ms on average (0/3). Window input events up spent 4.2ms on average (0/3). Monitor input events down spent 2.1ms on average (0/1). Monitor input events up spent 0.4ms on average (0/1).
09-14 20:21:36.114  1936  2968 D WindowManager: adjustConfigurationLw, now:495942 mLidChangedTime:0 applyTime:8000
09-14 20:21:36.114  1936  2968 D WindowManager: adjustConfigurationLw, now:495942 mLidChangedTime:0 applyTime:8000
09-14 20:21:36.114  1936  2968 D InputDispatcher: setFocusedApplication displayId=0 ActivityRecord{b301ede u0 com.netmarble.nanagb/com.netmarble.fpplugin.FPActivity t1884}
09-14 20:21:36.117 13138 13138 D ApplicationLoaders: Returning zygote-cached class loader: /system/framework/android.test.base.jar
09-14 20:21:36.122  1936  2686 W GameModeHelper: package com.netmarble.nanagb: already add
09-14 20:21:36.122  2754  2754 D NavigationBar: Navigation bar WINDOW_STATE_SHOWING
09-14 20:21:36.123  2754  2754 D NotificationEntryMgr: visibleCount: 4, totalCount: 4, mReadOnlySize: true, !isBubbleShowedAndPanelViewEmpty: true
09-14 20:21:36.125  2754  2754 D AsusSystemMonitor: [topAppWindowChanged] : TopActivityInfo (displayId = 0, immersiveMode = true, isPanelVisible = false, isKeyguardShowing = false, className = com.netmarble.fpplugin.FPActivity, packageName = com.netmarble.nanagb)
09-14 20:21:36.125 13138 13138 W etmarble.nanag: JIT profile information will not be recorded: profile file does not exist.
09-14 20:21:36.125  2754  2754 D StatusBar: Status bar WINDOW_STATE_HIDDEN
09-14 20:21:36.126  2754  2754 D NotifFreeFormController: isPanelVisible: false, mImmer:true, immer:true, topPkg:com.netmarble.nanagb
09-14 20:21:36.127 13138 13138 I Perf    : Connecting to perf service.
09-14 20:21:36.130 13138 13138 D NetworkSecurityConfig: Using Network Security Config from resource network_security_config debugBuild: false
09-14 20:21:36.130 13138 13138 D NetworkSecurityConfig: Using Network Security Config from resource network_security_config debugBuild: false
09-14 20:21:36.130 13138 13138 I MultiDex: VM with version 2.1.0 has multidex support
09-14 20:21:36.130 13138 13138 I MultiDex: Installing application
09-14 20:21:36.130 13138 13138 I MultiDex: VM has multidex support, MultiDex support library is disabled.
09-14 20:21:36.133 13138 13138 I FirebaseInitProvider: FirebaseApp initialization successful
09-14 20:21:36.137 13138 13138 D LCP     : init
09-14 20:21:36.138 13138 13138 V AOLManager: initConfiguration
09-14 20:21:36.139 13138 13182 I DpmTcmClient: RegisterTcmMonitor from: $Proxy1
09-14 20:21:36.140 13138 13138 V com.netmarble.core.ConfigurationImpl: initDynamicConfigurationValue : null
09-14 20:21:36.140 13138 13138 D com.netmarble.log.impl.AppOpenLogManager: sendAppOpenLogWhenForeground [AppOpenLogManager.sendAppOpenLogWhenForeground() : 125]
09-14 20:21:36.142 13138 13138 V Monotype: SetAppTypeFace- try to flip, app = com.netmarble.nanagb
09-14 20:21:36.142 13138 13138 V Monotype:     Typeface getFontPathFlipFont - systemFont = default#default
09-14 20:21:36.143 12857 12857 D HomeScreen: onSystemPaddingChanged() called with: padding = [Rect(0, 0 - 0, 96)]
09-14 20:21:36.144 12857 12857 I DockBar : alpha: 1.0realProgress 1.0
09-14 20:21:36.147 13138 13175 V FA      : Deferring to Google Analytics for Firebase for event data collection. https://goo.gl/J1sWQy
09-14 20:21:36.147 13138 13198 I DynamiteModule: Considering local module com.google.android.gms.measurement.dynamite:11 and remote module com.google.android.gms.measurement.dynamite:0
09-14 20:21:36.147 13138 13198 I DynamiteModule: Selected local version of com.google.android.gms.measurement.dynamite
09-14 20:21:36.148 13138 13174 I FA      : App measurement initialized, version: 21028
09-14 20:21:36.148 13138 13174 I FA      : To enable debug logging run: adb shell setprop log.tag.FA VERBOSE
09-14 20:21:36.148 13138 13174 I FA      : To enable faster debug mode event logging run:
09-14 20:21:36.148 13138 13174 I FA      :   adb shell setprop debug.firebase.analytics.app com.netmarble.nanagb
09-14 20:21:36.153 13138 13175 W System  : ClassLoader referenced unknown path: /data/app/~~yxBn_TJixSdpu5j_64h9cw==/com.google.android.gms-u3fPAvwy3n1_BsowkuzCFg==/base.apk/definitely_does_not_exist
09-14 20:21:36.153 13138 13175 W etmarble.nanag: Unsupported class loader
09-14 20:21:36.156 13138 13175 I etmarble.nanag: The ClassLoaderContext is a special shared library.
09-14 20:21:36.160 13138 13175 I etmarble.nanag: The ClassLoaderContext is a special shared library.
09-14 20:21:36.165 13138 13176 D FBAudienceNetwork: SDK dex loading time: 31
09-14 20:21:36.167 13138 13138 F libc    : Fatal signal 7 (SIGBUS), code 2 (BUS_ADRERR), fault addr 0x6e0c8b320c in tid 13138 (etmarble.nanagb), pid 13138 (etmarble.nanagb)
09-14 20:21:36.174 13138 13175 I DynamiteModule: Considering local module com.google.android.gms.ads.dynamite:0 and remote module com.google.android.gms.ads.dynamite:212910700
09-14 20:21:36.175 13138 13175 I DynamiteModule: Selected remote version of com.google.android.gms.ads.dynamite, version >= 212910700
09-14 20:21:36.186  2754  2754 V SystemUiOneHandGestureManager: Top package name: com.netmarble.nanagb -> com.netmarble.nanagb
09-14 20:21:36.191 13206 13206 I crash_dump64: obtaining output fd from tombstoned, type: kDebuggerdTombstone
09-14 20:21:36.192   931   931 I tombstoned: received crash request for pid 13138
09-14 20:21:36.193 13206 13206 I crash_dump64: performing dump of process 13138 (target tid = 13138)
09-14 20:21:36.196 13206 13206 F DEBUG   : *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
09-14 20:21:36.196 13206 13206 F DEBUG   : Build fingerprint: 'asus/WW_I005D/ASUS_I005_1:11/RKQ1.201022.002/18.0840.2107.151-0:user/release-keys'
09-14 20:21:36.196 13206 13206 F DEBUG   : Revision: '0'
09-14 20:21:36.196 13206 13206 F DEBUG   : ABI: 'arm64'
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   : Timestamp: 2021-09-14 20:21:36-0400
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   : pid: 13138, tid: 13138, name: etmarble.nanagb  >>> com.netmarble.nanagb <<<
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   : uid: 10247
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   : signal 7 (SIGBUS), code 2 (BUS_ADRERR), fault addr 0x6e0c8b320c
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x0  0000006fb79360e0  x1  0000000000001000  x2  0000000000000007  x3  0000000000800000
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x4  db73736d6e000000  x5  0000806e6d7373db  x6  0000806e6d7373db  x7  4272726c6cff6e65
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x8  0000006e0c8b320c  x9  0000000000000001  x10 0000000000004001  x11 0000000000000000
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x12 000000000000018c  x13 be0f7bb4e7b59e07  x14 0000000000000698  x15 0000000000000698
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x16 0000006e1a471730  x17 0000006e1a39c65c  x18 fffffffffffffff7  x19 0000006e1a473b20
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x20 0000006fb79360e0  x21 0000006e1a473000  x22 be0f7bb4e7b59e07  x23 28d5a1cf56ca97e1
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x24 28d5a1cf56ca97e1  x25 0000007ff8afc878  x26 0000000000002836  x27 28d5a1cf56ca97e1
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x28 0000006e1a473a78  x29 0000007ff8afc350
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     lr  0000006e1a39d660  sp  0000007ff8afc0a0  pc  0000006e0c8b320c  pst 0000000060001000
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   : backtrace:
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     NOTE: Function names and BuildId information is missing for some frames due
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     NOTE: to unreadable libraries. For unwinds of apps, only shared libraries
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     NOTE: found under the lib/ directory are readable.
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #00 pc 000000000006b20c  /data/user/0/com.netmarble.nanagb/files/A2A5BC8C80CB55FB0F3
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #01 pc 000000000001665c  /data/app/~~fPh_U5E5BBYIeXk2gpwXcg==/com.netmarble.nanagb-SxMZsYgcac1qhQj0s62JAw==/lib/arm64/libnmsssa.so (BuildId: 66d77744a8d912b8ec7e439a93d5bc8ceeec9827)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #02 pc 0000000000015ebc  /data/app/~~fPh_U5E5BBYIeXk2gpwXcg==/com.netmarble.nanagb-SxMZsYgcac1qhQj0s62JAw==/lib/arm64/libnmsssa.so (BuildId: 66d77744a8d912b8ec7e439a93d5bc8ceeec9827)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #03 pc 0000000000013f18  /data/app/~~fPh_U5E5BBYIeXk2gpwXcg==/com.netmarble.nanagb-SxMZsYgcac1qhQj0s62JAw==/lib/arm64/libnmsssa.so (BuildId: 66d77744a8d912b8ec7e439a93d5bc8ceeec9827)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #04 pc 000000000001ecf4  /data/app/~~fPh_U5E5BBYIeXk2gpwXcg==/com.netmarble.nanagb-SxMZsYgcac1qhQj0s62JAw==/lib/arm64/libnmsssa.so (Java_nmss_app_NmssSa_nmssNativeInit+760) (BuildId: 66d77744a8d912b8ec7e439a93d5bc8ceeec9827)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #05 pc 00000000000a4df8  /data/app/~~fPh_U5E5BBYIeXk2gpwXcg==/com.netmarble.nanagb-SxMZsYgcac1qhQj0s62JAw==/oat/arm64/base.odex (art_jni_trampoline+312)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #06 pc 000000000014a0a0  /data/app/~~fPh_U5E5BBYIeXk2gpwXcg==/com.netmarble.nanagb-SxMZsYgcac1qhQj0s62JAw==/oat/arm64/base.odex (nmss.app.NmssSa.init+416)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #07 pc 00000000001e7064  /data/app/~~fPh_U5E5BBYIeXk2gpwXcg==/com.netmarble.nanagb-SxMZsYgcac1qhQj0s62JAw==/oat/arm64/base.odex (com.netmarble.fpplugin.FPActivity.onCreate+116)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #08 pc 00000000005c2abc  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.Activity.performCreate+492) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #09 pc 0000000000325730  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate+80) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #10 pc 0000000000404494  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity+2356) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #11 pc 000000000040aad0  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity+448) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #12 pc 00000000005cfdd0  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute+512) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #13 pc 0000000000352530  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks+560) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #14 pc 0000000000352280  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute+752) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #15 pc 00000000003ef7f8  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage+536) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #16 pc 00000000006417a4  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage+180) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #17 pc 0000000000644dd4  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.os.Looper.loop+1940) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #18 pc 0000000000403884  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.ActivityThread.main+868) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #19 pc 00000000001337e8  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art_quick_invoke_static_stub+568) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #20 pc 00000000001a8e80  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art::ArtMethod::Invoke(art::Thread*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, art::JValue*, char const*)+228) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #21 pc 0000000000555a14  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art::InvokeMethod(art::ScopedObjectAccessAlreadyRunnable const&, _jobject*, _jobject*, _jobject*, unsigned long)+1364) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #22 pc 00000000004d51bc  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art::Method_invoke(_JNIEnv*, _jobject*, _jobject*, _jobjectArray*)+52) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #23 pc 00000000000896f4  /apex/com.android.art/javalib/arm64/boot.oat (art_jni_trampoline+180) (BuildId: bc1ad6e8f5d643275da6a63346de0902af13ab13)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #24 pc 00000000008968d8  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run+136) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #25 pc 000000000089f258  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main+2280) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #26 pc 00000000001337e8  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art_quick_invoke_static_stub+568) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #27 pc 00000000001a8e80  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art::ArtMethod::Invoke(art::Thread*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, art::JValue*, char const*)+228) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #28 pc 0000000000554450  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art::JValue art::InvokeWithVarArgs<art::ArtMethod*>(art::ScopedObjectAccessAlreadyRunnable const&, _jobject*, art::ArtMethod*, std::__va_list)+448) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #29 pc 0000000000554904  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art::JValue art::InvokeWithVarArgs<_jmethodID*>(art::ScopedObjectAccessAlreadyRunnable const&, _jobject*, _jmethodID*, std::__va_list)+92) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #30 pc 0000000000438dfc  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art::JNI<true>::CallStaticVoidMethodV(_JNIEnv*, _jclass*, _jmethodID*, std::__va_list)+656) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #31 pc 000000000009a424  /system/lib64/libandroid_runtime.so (_JNIEnv::CallStaticVoidMethod(_jclass*, _jmethodID*, ...)+124) (BuildId: aca3675f8fb1d661b2a9fab4135458e1)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #32 pc 00000000000a2770  /system/lib64/libandroid_runtime.so (android::AndroidRuntime::start(char const*, android::Vector<android::String8> const&, bool)+836) (BuildId: aca3675f8fb1d661b2a9fab4135458e1)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #33 pc 0000000000003674  /system/bin/app_process64 (main+1580) (BuildId: f0690d7ea4979aa08ecaaff244e04980)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #34 pc 00000000000499e4  /apex/com.android.runtime/lib64/bionic/libc.so (__libc_init+108) (BuildId: 5f116c75130e64a380942ea7c1954ee8)

Last edited:

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
Just a heads up: Something with installing the kernel breaks 7DS (com.netmarble.nanagb) completely and causes NieR to lag terribly (games with 3d graphics). I started running it with logcat and the first three or so runs failed, but then it magically worked on the fourth. It started crashing again when attempting to exit and restart. Double checked and it doesn't happen on stock (even w/ magisk)

Code:
09-14 20:21:36.074  1936  2968 I ActivityTaskManager: START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.netmarble.nanagb/com.netmarble.fpplugin.FPActivity} from uid 10211
09-14 20:21:36.074  1936  2009 D EventSequenceValidator: Transition from ACTIVITY_CANCELLED to INTENT_STARTED
09-14 20:21:36.076  1152  1189 E ANDR-PERF-LM: GAMEOPT: getData() 1040: isHeavy hint type 1 for app com.netmarble.nanagb
09-14 20:21:36.076  1936  2968 E ANDR-PERF-JNI: com_qualcomm_qtiperformance_native_perf_io_prefetch_start
09-14 20:21:36.079  1936  2968 D ActivityTrigger: ActivityTrigger activityPauseTrigger
09-14 20:21:36.079  1152  1188 E ANDR-PERF-UTIL: Failed to read /proc/sys/kernel/sched_little_cluster_coloc_fmin_khz
09-14 20:21:36.079  1152  1188 E ANDR-PERF-OPTSHANDLER: Failed to read /proc/sys/kernel/sched_little_cluster_coloc_fmin_khz
09-14 20:21:36.079  1152  1188 E ANDR-PERF-RESOURCEQS: Failed to apply optimization [3, 27]
09-14 20:21:36.082  1936  2028 D ResourceManagerUtils: getPid: pid not found, processName=com.netmarble.nanagb
09-14 20:21:36.082  1936  2009 D EventSequenceValidator: Transition from INTENT_STARTED to ACTIVITY_LAUNCHED
09-14 20:21:36.085  1152  1189 E ANDR-PERF-LM: GAMEOPT: operator()() 530: ERROR: status != Status::SUCCESS
09-14 20:21:36.085  1152  1189 E ANDR-PERF-LM: GamePerfEngine: runAsync() 477: Hint is for com.netmarble.nanagb/com.netmarble.fpplugin.FPActivity/65010210 = 0x1003 PID=1936
09-14 20:21:36.085   705   705 I hwservicemanager: getTransport: Cannot find entry [email protected]::IDisplayConfig/default in either framework or device manifest.
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D Drawer  :     oldStatus=[DrawerPanelStatus(state=AllAppsDrawerState(folderId=-1), showAds=false, showMessageArea=false)]
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D Drawer  :     newStatus=[DrawerPanelStatus(state=AllAppsDrawerState(folderId=-1), showAds=false, showMessageArea=false)]
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D Drawer  :     oldState = [AllAppsDrawerState(folderId=-1)]
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D Drawer  :     newState = [AllAppsDrawerState(folderId=-1)]
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D Drawer  : onStateChanged: doAnimation is false, openPendingFoldere is false
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D ViewAdapterHelper: dispatch() called with: itemList = [[CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=phone, position=0, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=internet, position=1, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=games, position=2, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=media, position=3, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=utility, position=4, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=settings, position=5, showBadge=false), selected=false)]]
09-14 20:21:36.087 12857 12857 D DrawerViewModel: sourceForStatus: [CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=phone, position=0, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=internet, position=1, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=games, position=2, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=media, position=3, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=utility, position=4, showBadge=false), selected=false), CategoryItemStatus(categoryModel=CategoryItemModel(name=settings, position=5, showBadge=false), selected=false)]
09-14 20:21:36.088 12857 12857 D DrawerAdapter: load() called with: newItems size = [32]
09-14 20:21:36.089 12857 12857 D SimpleUpdateCallback: onChanged() called with: position = [0], count = [1], payload = [null]
09-14 20:21:36.089 12857 12857 D DrawerRecyclerView: freezeHeight() called with: enable = [false]
09-14 20:21:36.094  1936  2032 I ActivityManager: Start proc 13138:com.netmarble.nanagb/u0a247 for pre-top-activity {com.netmarble.nanagb/com.netmarble.fpplugin.FPActivity} duration: 13
09-14 20:21:36.095 13138 13138 I libc    : SetHeapTaggingLevel: tag level set to 0
09-14 20:21:36.103 13138 13138 E etmarble.nanag: Not starting debugger since process cannot load the jdwp agent.
09-14 20:21:36.109  1936  2968 I InputDispatcher: Window 'Window{500b61a u0 ginlemon.flowerfree/ginlemon.flower.HomeScreen}' spent 2.1ms processing input events on average(0/11). Monitor spent 1.0ms processing input events on average(0/3). Window input events down spent 0.6ms on average (0/3). Window input events up spent 4.2ms on average (0/3). Monitor input events down spent 2.1ms on average (0/1). Monitor input events up spent 0.4ms on average (0/1).
09-14 20:21:36.114  1936  2968 D InputDispatcher: setFocusedApplication displayId=0 ActivityRecord{b301ede u0 com.netmarble.nanagb/com.netmarble.fpplugin.FPActivity t1884}
09-14 20:21:36.117 13138 13138 D ApplicationLoaders: Returning zygote-cached class loader: /system/framework/android.test.base.jar
09-14 20:21:36.122  1936  2686 W GameModeHelper: package com.netmarble.nanagb: already add
09-14 20:21:36.122  2754  2754 D NavigationBar: Navigation bar WINDOW_STATE_SHOWING
09-14 20:21:36.123  2754  2754 D NotificationEntryMgr: visibleCount: 4, totalCount: 4, mReadOnlySize: true, !isBubbleShowedAndPanelViewEmpty: true
09-14 20:21:36.125  2754  2754 D AsusSystemMonitor: [topAppWindowChanged] : TopActivityInfo (displayId = 0, immersiveMode = true, isPanelVisible = false, isKeyguardShowing = false, className = com.netmarble.fpplugin.FPActivity, packageName = com.netmarble.nanagb)
09-14 20:21:36.125 13138 13138 W etmarble.nanag: JIT profile information will not be recorded: profile file does not exist.
09-14 20:21:36.126  2754  2754 D NotifFreeFormController: isPanelVisible: false, mImmer:true, immer:true, topPkg:com.netmarble.nanagb
09-14 20:21:36.130 13138 13138 I MultiDex: VM with version 2.1.0 has multidex support
09-14 20:21:36.130 13138 13138 I MultiDex: VM has multidex support, MultiDex support library is disabled.
09-14 20:21:36.133 13138 13138 I FirebaseInitProvider: FirebaseApp initialization successful
09-14 20:21:36.140 13138 13138 V com.netmarble.core.ConfigurationImpl: initDynamicConfigurationValue : null
09-14 20:21:36.140 13138 13138 D com.netmarble.log.impl.AppOpenLogManager: sendAppOpenLogWhenForeground [AppOpenLogManager.sendAppOpenLogWhenForeground() : 125]
09-14 20:21:36.142 13138 13138 V Monotype: SetAppTypeFace- try to flip, app = com.netmarble.nanagb
09-14 20:21:36.142 13138 13138 V Monotype:     Typeface getFontPathFlipFont - systemFont = default#default
09-14 20:21:36.143 12857 12857 D HomeScreen: onSystemPaddingChanged() called with: padding = [Rect(0, 0 - 0, 96)]
09-14 20:21:36.147 13138 13175 V FA      : Deferring to Google Analytics for Firebase for event data collection. https://goo.gl/J1sWQy
09-14 20:21:36.147 13138 13198 I DynamiteModule: Considering local module com.google.android.gms.measurement.dynamite:11 and remote module com.google.android.gms.measurement.dynamite:0
09-14 20:21:36.147 13138 13198 I DynamiteModule: Selected local version of com.google.android.gms.measurement.dynamite
09-14 20:21:36.148 13138 13174 I FA      : App measurement initialized, version: 21028
09-14 20:21:36.148 13138 13174 I FA      : To enable debug logging run: adb shell setprop log.tag.FA VERBOSE
09-14 20:21:36.148 13138 13174 I FA      : To enable faster debug mode event logging run:
09-14 20:21:36.148 13138 13174 I FA      :   adb shell setprop debug.firebase.analytics.app com.netmarble.nanagb
09-14 20:21:36.153 13138 13175 W System  : ClassLoader referenced unknown path: /data/app/~~yxBn_TJixSdpu5j_64h9cw==/com.google.android.gms-u3fPAvwy3n1_BsowkuzCFg==/base.apk/definitely_does_not_exist
09-14 20:21:36.156 13138 13175 I etmarble.nanag: The ClassLoaderContext is a special shared library.
09-14 20:21:36.160 13138 13175 I etmarble.nanag: The ClassLoaderContext is a special shared library.
09-14 20:21:36.167 13138 13138 F libc    : Fatal signal 7 (SIGBUS), code 2 (BUS_ADRERR), fault addr 0x6e0c8b320c in tid 13138 (etmarble.nanagb), pid 13138 (etmarble.nanagb)
09-14 20:21:36.174 13138 13175 I DynamiteModule: Considering local module com.google.android.gms.ads.dynamite:0 and remote module com.google.android.gms.ads.dynamite:212910700
09-14 20:21:36.175 13138 13175 I DynamiteModule: Selected remote version of com.google.android.gms.ads.dynamite, version >= 212910700
09-14 20:21:36.186  2754  2754 V SystemUiOneHandGestureManager: Top package name: com.netmarble.nanagb -> com.netmarble.nanagb
09-14 20:21:36.191 13206 13206 I crash_dump64: obtaining output fd from tombstoned, type: kDebuggerdTombstone
09-14 20:21:36.192   931   931 I tombstoned: received crash request for pid 13138
09-14 20:21:36.193 13206 13206 I crash_dump64: performing dump of process 13138 (target tid = 13138)
09-14 20:21:36.196 13206 13206 F DEBUG   : *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
09-14 20:21:36.196 13206 13206 F DEBUG   : Build fingerprint: 'asus/WW_I005D/ASUS_I005_1:11/RKQ1.201022.002/18.0840.2107.151-0:user/release-keys'
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   : pid: 13138, tid: 13138, name: etmarble.nanagb  >>> com.netmarble.nanagb <<<
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   : signal 7 (SIGBUS), code 2 (BUS_ADRERR), fault addr 0x6e0c8b320c
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x0  0000006fb79360e0  x1  0000000000001000  x2  0000000000000007  x3  0000000000800000
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x4  db73736d6e000000  x5  0000806e6d7373db  x6  0000806e6d7373db  x7  4272726c6cff6e65
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x8  0000006e0c8b320c  x9  0000000000000001  x10 0000000000004001  x11 0000000000000000
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x12 000000000000018c  x13 be0f7bb4e7b59e07  x14 0000000000000698  x15 0000000000000698
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x16 0000006e1a471730  x17 0000006e1a39c65c  x18 fffffffffffffff7  x19 0000006e1a473b20
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x20 0000006fb79360e0  x21 0000006e1a473000  x22 be0f7bb4e7b59e07  x23 28d5a1cf56ca97e1
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x24 28d5a1cf56ca97e1  x25 0000007ff8afc878  x26 0000000000002836  x27 28d5a1cf56ca97e1
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     x28 0000006e1a473a78  x29 0000007ff8afc350
09-14 20:21:36.197 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     lr  0000006e1a39d660  sp  0000007ff8afc0a0  pc  0000006e0c8b320c  pst 0000000060001000
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     NOTE: Function names and BuildId information is missing for some frames due
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     NOTE: to unreadable libraries. For unwinds of apps, only shared libraries
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :     NOTE: found under the lib/ directory are readable.
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #00 pc 000000000006b20c  /data/user/0/com.netmarble.nanagb/files/A2A5BC8C80CB55FB0F3
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #01 pc 000000000001665c  /data/app/~~fPh_U5E5BBYIeXk2gpwXcg==/com.netmarble.nanagb-SxMZsYgcac1qhQj0s62JAw==/lib/arm64/libnmsssa.so (BuildId: 66d77744a8d912b8ec7e439a93d5bc8ceeec9827)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #02 pc 0000000000015ebc  /data/app/~~fPh_U5E5BBYIeXk2gpwXcg==/com.netmarble.nanagb-SxMZsYgcac1qhQj0s62JAw==/lib/arm64/libnmsssa.so (BuildId: 66d77744a8d912b8ec7e439a93d5bc8ceeec9827)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #03 pc 0000000000013f18  /data/app/~~fPh_U5E5BBYIeXk2gpwXcg==/com.netmarble.nanagb-SxMZsYgcac1qhQj0s62JAw==/lib/arm64/libnmsssa.so (BuildId: 66d77744a8d912b8ec7e439a93d5bc8ceeec9827)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #04 pc 000000000001ecf4  /data/app/~~fPh_U5E5BBYIeXk2gpwXcg==/com.netmarble.nanagb-SxMZsYgcac1qhQj0s62JAw==/lib/arm64/libnmsssa.so (Java_nmss_app_NmssSa_nmssNativeInit+760) (BuildId: 66d77744a8d912b8ec7e439a93d5bc8ceeec9827)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #05 pc 00000000000a4df8  /data/app/~~fPh_U5E5BBYIeXk2gpwXcg==/com.netmarble.nanagb-SxMZsYgcac1qhQj0s62JAw==/oat/arm64/base.odex (art_jni_trampoline+312)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #06 pc 000000000014a0a0  /data/app/~~fPh_U5E5BBYIeXk2gpwXcg==/com.netmarble.nanagb-SxMZsYgcac1qhQj0s62JAw==/oat/arm64/base.odex (nmss.app.NmssSa.init+416)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #07 pc 00000000001e7064  /data/app/~~fPh_U5E5BBYIeXk2gpwXcg==/com.netmarble.nanagb-SxMZsYgcac1qhQj0s62JAw==/oat/arm64/base.odex (com.netmarble.fpplugin.FPActivity.onCreate+116)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #08 pc 00000000005c2abc  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.Activity.performCreate+492) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #09 pc 0000000000325730  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate+80) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #10 pc 0000000000404494  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity+2356) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #11 pc 000000000040aad0  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity+448) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #12 pc 00000000005cfdd0  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute+512) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #13 pc 0000000000352530  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks+560) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #14 pc 0000000000352280  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute+752) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #15 pc 00000000003ef7f8  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage+536) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #16 pc 00000000006417a4  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage+180) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #17 pc 0000000000644dd4  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.os.Looper.loop+1940) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #18 pc 0000000000403884  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (android.app.ActivityThread.main+868) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #19 pc 00000000001337e8  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art_quick_invoke_static_stub+568) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #20 pc 00000000001a8e80  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art::ArtMethod::Invoke(art::Thread*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, art::JValue*, char const*)+228) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #21 pc 0000000000555a14  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art::InvokeMethod(art::ScopedObjectAccessAlreadyRunnable const&, _jobject*, _jobject*, _jobject*, unsigned long)+1364) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #22 pc 00000000004d51bc  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art::Method_invoke(_JNIEnv*, _jobject*, _jobject*, _jobjectArray*)+52) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #23 pc 00000000000896f4  /apex/com.android.art/javalib/arm64/boot.oat (art_jni_trampoline+180) (BuildId: bc1ad6e8f5d643275da6a63346de0902af13ab13)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #24 pc 00000000008968d8  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run+136) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #25 pc 000000000089f258  /system/framework/arm64/boot-framework.oat (com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main+2280) (BuildId: 753033364ea2c6dc82af327c73a38e454f56aa36)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #26 pc 00000000001337e8  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art_quick_invoke_static_stub+568) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #27 pc 00000000001a8e80  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art::ArtMethod::Invoke(art::Thread*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, art::JValue*, char const*)+228) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #28 pc 0000000000554450  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art::JValue art::InvokeWithVarArgs<art::ArtMethod*>(art::ScopedObjectAccessAlreadyRunnable const&, _jobject*, art::ArtMethod*, std::__va_list)+448) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #29 pc 0000000000554904  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art::JValue art::InvokeWithVarArgs<_jmethodID*>(art::ScopedObjectAccessAlreadyRunnable const&, _jobject*, _jmethodID*, std::__va_list)+92) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #30 pc 0000000000438dfc  /apex/com.android.art/lib64/libart.so (art::JNI<true>::CallStaticVoidMethodV(_JNIEnv*, _jclass*, _jmethodID*, std::__va_list)+656) (BuildId: 3ace5f0fad5d9fc107750adb2e322022)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #31 pc 000000000009a424  /system/lib64/libandroid_runtime.so (_JNIEnv::CallStaticVoidMethod(_jclass*, _jmethodID*, ...)+124) (BuildId: aca3675f8fb1d661b2a9fab4135458e1)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #32 pc 00000000000a2770  /system/lib64/libandroid_runtime.so (android::AndroidRuntime::start(char const*, android::Vector<android::String8> const&, bool)+836) (BuildId: aca3675f8fb1d661b2a9fab4135458e1)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #33 pc 0000000000003674  /system/bin/app_process64 (main+1580) (BuildId: f0690d7ea4979aa08ecaaff244e04980)
09-14 20:21:36.255 13206 13206 F DEBUG   :       #34 pc 00000000000499e4  /apex/com.android.runtime/lib64/bionic/libc.so (__libc_init+108) (BuildId: 5f116c75130e64a380942ea7c1954ee8)

hey :)

thanks for the catch.
can you please check if the attached build fixes any of the issues you encountered in those games?

Attachments

• Kirisakura_Anakin_R_1.0.1.zip
    26.6 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011

Code:
That got it down to every other time

can you please try if this fixes the crashes on that one game and the lags on the other game on your side? :)

Attachments

• Kirisakura_Anakin_R_1.1.0.zip
    26.6 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: mohammed510
the lags in nier are gone?

Fell asleep for a bit, but I'll try it with the new one.

can you please try if this fixes the crashes on that one game and the lags on the other game on your side? :)

This one stopped the crashes. I would assume the last one probably already fixed the lag, but it's also fixed.

CAF doesn't really test games, which is fun for a gaming phone. Cyanogenmod (Lineage) was notorious for breaking them, too. It was all about camera, sensors, response, and boot time.

All the prep is there, but it looks like you may have forgotten to add the driver. I wasn't sure if that was intentional.

Last edited:

Anubarak16

Oct 24, 2014
ASUS ROG Phone 5
One other question: I know this is the wrong place to ask this but I wanted to make sure to reach both developers for this phone.

Currently the ROG 5 has Bluetooth audio lags while gaming with headphones that don't support aptx. I never faced such a delay with any other Android phone / device. Even my 4 year old OnePlus 5 has no noticeable delay and I tried it as well with other older 200€ devices.
Could this eventually be fixed via software solution (via custom kernel settings)?

Sorry if this is too offtopic - I'll report myself if you wish to.

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
Fell asleep for a bit, but I'll try it with the new one.

This one stopped the crashes. I would assume the last one probably already fixed the lag, but it's also fixed.

CAF doesn't really test games, which is fun for a gaming phone. Cyanogenmod (Lineage) was notorious for breaking them, too. It was all about camera, sensors, response, and boot time.

All the prep is there, but it looks like you may have forgotten to add the driver. I wasn't sure if that was intentional.
nothing to do with CAF.

the lag issue was because of not building a QGKI kernel and therefore a config for msm_performance didn´t get enabled.
The crash issue was caused by a commit of a mmap backport series. I compared the code around that to the zenfone 8 and my kernel there. No crash there, but the rog5 does not like that one commit for whatever reason.

Thanks for reminding me about wireguard! :) I forgot to run the script to patch the kernel repo to include it before release.

I´m about to release an update so I´ll push my updated source.

Sorry for the crashes and lags 😇:rolleyes:

Freak07

Jan 2, 2011
One other question: I know this is the wrong place to ask this but I wanted to make sure to reach both developers for this phone.

Currently the ROG 5 has Bluetooth audio lags while gaming with headphones that don't support aptx. I never faced such a delay with any other Android phone / device. Even my 4 year old OnePlus 5 has no noticeable delay and I tried it as well with other older 200€ devices.
Could this eventually be fixed via software solution (via custom kernel settings)?

Sorry if this is too offtopic - I'll report myself if you wish to.

Hm. I´m not the biggest gamer. Is there a game where I can easily check that?

I just tried these two videos with my google pixel buds:

It seems to be what I would expect of BT headphones there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Big update for .196 firmware dropping soon.

About stability for the previous versions here's a screenshot. Over 30 days without rebooting the phone and a single crash.
    Those that suffered from them, remove all magisk modules, don't disable any system apps, don't remove them or do other mods. Pretty sure problems are caused by this.

On zf8 (which shares a lot of the codebase) there were a few users that also crashed to ramdump or otherwise and all of those were caused by using either mods or what I described above while running my kernel.

Screenshot_20211124-093932319.jpg
    Update to 1.4.0

Hey guys and girls,

I hope everyone is having a good day or starting into one. Here´s the next update. It´s a rather big one.
    I´m a bit short on time, so I don´t have time for a bigger writeup, but the changelog is below. All of that adds up to quite a lot.

The kernel is updated for the latest firmware:
    18.0840.2111.196. Make sure to update to the latest firmware before flashing the kernel to have no compatibility issues.

Flashing the zip should now work fine from everywhere as the ak3 zip has been updated.

The link to the WW firmware can be found here:

More changes in the Changelog below:

Changelog:
    - Import ASUS_I005_1-18.0840.2111.196 source code
    - Linux-Stable Upstream to 5.4.161
    - Merge CAF (QCOM) upstream
    - reduce auto suspend delay in various other drivers
    - improvements on various subsystem like memory management, bluetooth, display, gpu etc
    - updates from kernel common for several subsystems
    - updated ak3 zip, thanks to @osm0sis

Download:

Instructions can be found in the OP!
    But look at this post too :)

Have fun, enjoy the kernel and your phone.

Donations are not mandatory but very welcome.
    If you like my work and want to buy me a coffee/green tea to keep development going: http://paypal.me/freak07
    Hey @Freak07

New firmware out for ZS673KS

photo6064405728334032498.jpg

EDIT : Current 1.2.0 Version of the kernel works!
    Hello, I do not know about you, but for me the original karnel the phone keeps the battery about 20% longer
    Kirisakura-Kernel for the ROG Phone 5

Hello everyone,

To keep it short: Here is Kirisakura - Kernel for the Asus ROG Phone 5 aka Anakin. The ROG Phone line-up internal codenames are traditionally derived from Yedi-Characters of the Star Wars universe. Three years ago the 1st gen ROG Phone bore the generic title "Yedi", the ROG Phone 2 was codenamed "Yoda" and the Rog Phone 3 bore the title "Obiwan".
    I would appreciate if everybody that flashes the kernel, reads at least once through this opening post and the following ones.

Kirisakura - Kernel is designed to bring a handful of beneficial features to the device, while ensuring excellent performance and smoothness to get you safely through the day!
    If you expect a custom kernel to magically improve your devices battery life manifold and this is your only priority then this might not be the right place for you.
    However the kernel is built to keep battery life close to the same as you would experience the on stock kernel while being tuned to perform better in various UI related benchmarks. The same benches are used by google to verify and ensure UI smoothness on the Pixel devices. The scheduler is tuned to yield lower jitter and reduce jank frames.
    There´s also a cpu-battery saver mode that cuts back the CPU max- freqs, but without the disadvantages like delayed notifications from built into the system user-space power-saving modes.
    If that got your curious, I welcome you to continue reading if you´re still interested!

This project aims to keep most of the subsystems updated, way ahead of the stock kernel, thereby improving security and performance, while keeping stability as the foucs during testing! This includes Linux-Stable, CAF-Upstream and kernel/common.

A very positive development. Google pushed for CFI and SCS to be enabled by default in the android-common kernel. In this years generation ( 5.4 linux kernel base/ SD 888 ) CFI and SCS are enabled by default. It was a lot of work to get these features working nicely on the kernels I did develop on for the past few year. So it´s nice to see this is now there by default in everybody can profit from it.
    I put the explanations and links in hide tags here.

Kernel Control Flow Integrity (Kernel-CFI), which is achieved by linking the kernel with LLD and Link Time Optimization (LTO), more precisely ThinLTO, are quite unique security features.
    The recently released Kirisakura-Kernel for the OnePlus 8 Pro was featured on the XDA-Portal due to the inclusion of CFI. The featured article explains CFI in great details, is easy to understand and definitely worth to read.
    If possible the latest Kirisakura-Kernel releases for various devices aim to include CFI in enforcing mode so users can benefit from this security features.

Another security feature is Shadow Call Stack (SCS).
    SCS is another security patchset that is aimed at preventing attacks via return oriented programming (ROP).
    ROP is a technique where the attacker gains control of the kernel stack to overwrite function return addresses and redirect execution to carefully selected parts of existing kernel code.
    If you´re interested here are a few good links:
    Google Security Blog explaining SCS.
    LLVM doc about SCS
    Android DOCs documenting SCS

If reading about linux or caf/qcom upstream in the paragraph above got you curious, have a read about Linux-Stable and why it is important here. The stable-process is not the same for every subsystem, but the general idea, rule of thumb and benefits are applicable for other subsystems as well.
    Read more about the Release-Model following this link.
    This conversation on the LKML mailing list also shows the power of Linux-Stable and why it´s very beneficial to not just say it´s not worth and a potentiol source for bugs:
    Starting with the Initial Message , the following reply and a good summarizing statement.

Quick explanation of CAF-Upstream. CAF is short for Codeaurora-Forums. This is the place where development from Qualcomm for their SoCs happens. This includes the Snapdragon 888 that´s built into the different SKUs of the ROG Phone 5.
    The kernel-bases available on the Codeaurora-Forums, are basically the foundations OEMs use, to build their own kernel additions on top for devices featuring Qualcomm SoCs.
    The Qualcomm developers push regular updates to the bases of the different SoCs, a bit similar to how Linux-Upstream works. OEMs usually stop updating the initial base after the phone is released.
    This kernel focuses amongst the other features to provide the latest CAF-Updates merged in a regular manner, to provide updates, improvements and enhancements for SoC specific drivers and subsystems! This might take a while, because a lot of device specific testing is done on my end to ensure stability.

The kernel includes a lot of improvements and contributions from other developers as well. Without this kernel would not exist.
    A big part of improvements originate from @arter97´s, @kdrag0n´s and @Sultanxda´s work. Many others contributed in some way or another to this kernel.
    A big thanks to all of them at this place!

Now lets continue with a list of features in the next paragraph!

Main Features:
    - Based on latest kernel sources from Asus for Android 11 and intended to be used on the latest Asus Stock-Firmware (currently 18.0840.2111.166)
    - compiled with Clang 13.0.1 and built with -O3 speed optimizations
    - Linux-Stable-Upstream included to 5.4.161
    - upstreamed CAF base for the Snapdragon 888 (qcoms internal codename "lahaina")
    - include important fixes/improvements from kernel/common
    - tune scheduler for improved jitter and less jank frames
    - reduce power consumption during deep sleep
    - remove sleep debugging from Asus for release build
    - disable various debugging mechanisms for drivers which are not needed on a perf build (for example touchscreen, fingerprint reader, display, binder)
    - disable various debugging configs, that are not needed in a perf kernel build according to google.
    - disable selinux auditing (we don´t have to adress selinux denials running a stock rom)
    - display tweaks to reduce power consumption on statically rendered images
    - disable unnecessary CPU errata for our specific SoC
    - disable per cgroup pressure tracking to reduce overhead
    - free up RAM by removing reserved mem regions used only for debugging
    - Flashing the kernel will keep root!
    - Flashable via EXKM, FKM or TWRP (if available) on a rooted system!
    - Anykernel zip is based on the Anykernel3 release from @osm0sis

EAS related features:
    - Implement dynamic WALT-Window size depending on current FPS, collecting information about CPU-Load to provide more precise information for the scheduler
    - EAS implementation patched up to latest CAF state
    - updates from kernel/common
    - scheduler updates from sd888/ 5.4 kernel
    - scheduler update from sony xperia 1 III kernel aiming to improve WALT

CPU related features:
    - Power saving workingqueues enabled by default (toggleable in EXKM)
    - Change various drivers (WLAN, MM, audio, charger, power, thermal, glink etc) to use power efficient workingqueues. This compliments EAS in general
    - improvements to cpufreq/times/stats
    - vdso32 patches as found on Google Pixel devices (brief documentation here) (CAF 5.4 default, keep for documentation)
    - remove event debug logging
    - disable broken irq detection, disable debugmon
    - improve suspend/resume from audio driver (caf-upstream for audio-kernel)
    - cpuidle: wake only cpus for which qos has changed (this allows cores to keep idle states better)
    - disable debugging during sleep states as per qcom recommendation
    - remove RTB logging to reduce overhead
    - disable trace_printk as it shouldn´t be used on production/perf kernel builds
    - disable edac and coresight (following google on the pixel kernels)
    - disable jtagv8 debugging as recommended by qcom for perf builds to avoid potential power, performance and memory penalty
    - disable s2idle in favor of deep idle state -> improves deep sleep drain (google initially used 2idle for improved suspend/resume latency on pixel 3 and pixel 4, but disabled it on pixel 5. qcom followed suit for sd 888, but apparently didn´t see google reverting it on pixel 5. Other OEMs such as Xiaomi or OnePlus already disabled s2idle on their SD888 devices in favor of deep- read more about s2idle vs deep here)
    - raise LTO-inlining -> more info

GPU related features:
    - GPU driver updated to latest CAF-State
    - gpu/kgsl improvements from pixel 4/pixel 5 kernel
    - add low_prio_worker thread for gpu driver (Improves performance when tearing down processes (eg, via LMK) and not blocking currently running UI from submitting work to the GPU
    - remove POPP functionality from GPU driver to avoid constant fight about downscaling with msm-adreno-tz
    - increase gpu worker thread priority
    - don´t wait for fenced GMU writes

File System related features:
    - upstream BFQ-MQ to latest state in linux-mainline and default to 128KB readahead
    - improve memory allocations in kernfs
    - ufs improvements from pixel 4/ pixel 5 kernel
    - improve GC as to not interfere while user interaction is happening and prevent possible jitter or latency spikes

Audio related features:
    - provide option to override audio profile based on impedance measurement (run 16ohm headphones in 64ohm mode, dangerous use with caution!)
    ----> more information/explanation how to control the feature linked here

Display related features:
    - Backlight Dimmer (reduce minimal brightness below stock limit)

- advanced TCP algorithms enabled
    - use bbr as default TCP congestion algorithm (fasted algo according to this excellent research from @kdrag0n found here )
    - improved networking drivers from caf-upstream (especially wifi)
    - remove unnecessary wakelock from WLAN driver to reduce thousands of very short wakeups during a 7 hour deep sleep period
    - improved bluetooth performance (¹, ²)
    - Enable support for TTL spoofing

Memory related features:
    - Speculative Page Faults left enabled (1. 2) (CAF 5.4 default, keep for documentation)
    - Fix various memory leaks in different subsystems
    - improved mm with patches from mainline
    - patches from kernel/common
    - improve memory allocations in various subsystems, video encode/decode, kernfs, cgroup
    - Backport to enable CONFIG_HAVE_MOVE_PMD (see here) , thanks @arter97
    - Backport to enable CONFIG_HAVE_MOVE_PUD (commit here) , thanks @arter97
    - free more RAM by removing unused reserved memory regions
    - mm: Micro-optimize PID map reads for arm64 (improves game performance, especially unity based games such as genshin impact)

Security related features:
    - Control-Flow-Integration (CFI) and Link-Time-Optimization (LTO) (CAF 5.4 default, keep for documentation)
    - Use ThinLTO which was first used in the Pixel 4 XL Android R-Kernel instead of full LTO (CAF 5.4 default, keep for documentation)
    - Shadow Call Stack (SCS) Security-Feature ( 5.4 default, keep for documentation)
    - enable init_on_alloc for even more security, more information can be found in the commit message (CAF 5.4 default, keep for documentation)

Misc Features:

Wakelock Blocker:
    - advanced wakelock blocker with the ability to block any wakelocks (dangerous, use with caution)
    - please read [URL="https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/08/p-is-for-power-how-google-tests-tracks-and-improves-android-battery-life/"]this for further info
    - blocking a kernel wakelock should only be done in case of firmware incompatabilities (WiFi network at work (can´t be changed) causes deep sleep to not work on the phone.) That´s the only use case I see for this feature. The kernel does not features this to improve battery life!

Other features:
    - clean up asus drivers and fix a few warnings in kernel log
    - disable logging and debugging to make the kernel more lightweight in various places (includes binder, mm, vma, gpu, ipa etc)
    - fix several coding issues detected by newer Clang-Toolchains
    - enlarge dmesg size to ease debugging

Flashing Guide, Download and Changelog

Requirements:
    - unlocked Bootloader (this will void warranty and kill future OTA updates on all asus phones at the moment)
    - USB-Debugging in developer options enabled
    - latest adb and fastboot binaries
    - working adb and fastboot environment
    - magisk root
    - a backup of stock boot.img, vendor_boot.img and dtbo.img so you can go back to stock conditions (simplest way is TWRP or to extract from stock firmware)

How to flash the Kernel:
    1. Download the latest kernel.zip and make sure you have properly updated to the latest matching Asus Stock-Firmware (check the feature list for the current firmware the source is based on). When the ROG Phone 5 receives an OTA update it takes Asus a while to release the source code for the new OS and me a while to build a new kernel. If you don´t want to face any issues, wait until I either release an updated kernel or give green light because there were no kernel changes.
    Always make sure to run the firmware the kernel is built for!
    If you feel adventurous and try in advance, make sure you have a backup ready!

2. Flash the kernel.zip via latest TWRP (if available), EXKM or FKM app and do a full reboot.
    2a. Important: If flashing the kernel via TWRP, flash the DLKM magisk module found in the download folder that matches the kernel version.

3. Reboot and profit.

DOWNLOAD:
    Download is located always in this folder:

Important: Read after Download
    Please take a look at the second post after flashing the kernel!

Changelog:
    Android 11

1.0.0 Initial Release
    1.1.0 https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-rog-phone-5-aka-anakin.4333363/post-85637825
    1.2.0 https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-rog-phone-5-aka-anakin.4333363/post-85709075
    1.4.0 https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-rog-phone-5-aka-anakin.4333363/post-85998687

Donations:
    Donations are not mandatory but very welcome if you want to support development or just buy me a coffee/tea :)
    If you like my work: http://paypal.me/freak07

Credits:
    Asus for the development device, giving me the opportunity to create this project!
    @osm0sis for all his work, including the ak3 installer!
    @tbalden for being the best HTC, Pixel, OnePlus and now Asus wingman!
    @LeeDroid and @mwilky for their awesome roms and work I used on multiple devices!
    @Captain_Throwback for all the mentoring and guidance!
    @Eliminater74 for bringing me into the game and the Inspiration
    @nathanchance for his upstream guidance and assistance
    @RenderBroken for helping me out
    @flar2 for all his work
    @joshuous for all the help he provided to me in the past!
    @arter97 for giving me advice
    @kdrag0n for his help and advices!
    @topjohnwu for magisk!

Source Code: https://github.com/freak07/Kirisakura_ANAKIN_ROG5
    F.A.Q:

Question:
    Is root preserved when flashing this kernel?
    Answer: Yes, the AnyKernel.zip will detect root and keep it.

Question: Safetynet does not pass on my phone since I unlocked the phone, why is this so?
    Answer: Google introduced hardware backed attestation recently. Unfortunately the old kernel tricks to still get safetynet passing won´t work. Instead you will have to rely on some magisk modules. Short guide in post #4 below.

Question: How do I return back to stock or another kernel.
    Answer: Extract boot.img, vendor_boot.img as well as dtbo.img from matching firmware you are on (you can do so by using this tool or similar ones found on XDA and when googling around) and flash them via fastboot. If you want to keep root flash back the magisk_patched_boot.img. Or dirty flash your rom and re-root.

Question: Why is having Magisk installed mandatory for this kernel?
    Answer: The kernel uses a ramdisk overlay to apply some settings after boot. If you are not rooted these settings will not get applied and you miss some of the optimizations.

Question: How to report bugs properly?
    Answer: Have a look at post #3 in the linked thread. The linked guide is a pretty good starting point.
    Before reporting any bug make sure you´re running on a stock configuration. That´s means you´re not using any mods, tweaks in kernel managers or other root tweaks , magisk modules, scripts or other modifications that alter various functions like sound mods, data traffic, sleeping behaviour, scheduler, magical battery tweaks etc.
    Try to describe the issue as detailed as possible! Give your exact setup, like rom, magisk version, kernel version.
    Is the issue reproducible? Does it happen frequently?
    Provide logs, otherwise debugging is a lot harder. If you can already reproduce the issue and provide logs it greatly limits the amount of time I have to spent until I figure out how to reproduce it.

If the device force reboots/randomly reboots (that means you see the bootloader unlocked screen!) provide a .zip of /asdf.
    Easiest way is immediately after booting up, with a root explorer navigate to /asdf. Copy the contents to your internal storage, zip it up and send it to me.

If the issue happens while the device is running provide a dmesg plus a logcat that you take while/shortly after the issue happens. This will log what´s running in the current session. Try to be as detailed as possible what´s happening when the issue appears. It will also help me in reading the log!
    Update to 1.1.0

Hey guys and girls,

I hope everyone is having a good day or starting into one. Here´s the next update.
    I forgot to include wireguard in the release. That´s now added.

Since we´re not building a QGKI kernel, but rather a standalone kernel an important config that feeds information to the powerhal daemon didn´t get fully built, since the QGKI dependency wasn´t met. This resulted in lags in games like NieR.

Also fix certain games like 7DS (com.netmarble.nanagb) crashing frequently on startup.

thanks to @twistedumbrella for reporting the bugs and noticing wireguard missing.

Changelog:
    - add wireguard
    - enable qgki part of msm_performance to fix lags in certain games
    - fix some games ( for example 7DS (com.netmarble.nanagb)) frequently crashing during startup

Download:

If you like my work and want to buy me a coffee/green tea to keep development going: http://paypal.me/freak07
    How to pass Safetynet after unlocking the bootloader

With the introduction of hardware backed safetynet attestation, passing safetynet has become a lot more complicated.
    Some probably remember a while ago, flashing a kernel that forced some flags was enough to pass it. However these days are gone.
    Below is a short guide how to pass safetynet on phones that are flagged to use HW attestation (such as the ROG 5).

1. Make sure you´re running with a working magisk environment on your phone.
    2. In Magisk Manager install both the "base" Riru module and Riru-LSPosed magisk module and do a reboot.
    3. After reboot make sure magisk hide is enabled in magisk manager
    4. Download the latest Universal Safety Net Fix from @kdrag0n ´s github and flash it in Magisk Manager. Reboot.
    5. Profit

Screenshot_20210920-073118073.jpg
    Screenshot_20210920-073032443.jpg
    Update to 1.4.0

Hey guys and girls,

I hope everyone is having a good day or starting into one. Here´s the next update. It´s a rather big one.
    I´m a bit short on time, so I don´t have time for a bigger writeup, but the changelog is below. All of that adds up to quite a lot.

The kernel is updated for the latest firmware:
    18.0840.2111.196. Make sure to update to the latest firmware before flashing the kernel to have no compatibility issues.

Flashing the zip should now work fine from everywhere as the ak3 zip has been updated.

The link to the WW firmware can be found here:

Changelog:
    - Import ASUS_I005_1-18.0840.2111.196 source code
    - Linux-Stable Upstream to 5.4.161
    - Merge CAF (QCOM) upstream
    - reduce auto suspend delay in various other drivers
    - improvements on various subsystem like memory management, bluetooth, display, gpu etc
    - updates from kernel common for several subsystems
    - updated ak3 zip, thanks to @osm0sis

Download: