• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[Kernel] [26/04] Perseus

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgess_boy

Sep 8, 2009
Bristol
Sure,but its a lot of fine tweaks so screenshot instead of type which seems more clutter than anything.

Edit: page 337 have a more brief explanation about what I was doing to arrive at what u see in previous page.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
I have come across the Stweak Profile app which works with perseus kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=35149008. Any chance you could provide a backup of your settings, it'd be a lot easier for others to use and for yourself.

Plus it'd be useful to share other users settings.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

darkbahamut

Mar 1, 2010
I've just recently switch to Perseus (from Siyah) a few days ago, which and almost everything seems great I see to be struggling with the GPU settings somewhat. Settings I've run for months unchanged are highly unstable under Persues.

It almost looks like the voltage increase associated with moving to a higher frequency step comes in too slow/late. If you can get it to run, then stress tests/games/benchmark will all complete with no artifacts or graphic problems as long as it will survive the first 1-2 seconds. Often however, the phone will hard lock right aware as the clock speed ramps up, yet the voltage increase seems delayed. Given that tests all run fine if the tests manages to start shows the voltage level applied at any given speed step (I've tested all of them) is stable, just that for some reason it can manage to change speeds in a stable manor. I understand the scaling logic is Perseus is different and new, but I just wondered if this was intended behavior or a side effect of that change?

mamba720027

Sep 24, 2010
I have come across the Stweak Profile app which works with perseus kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=35149008. Any chance you could provide a backup of your settings, it'd be a lot easier for others to use and for yourself.

Plus it'd be useful to share other users settings.

Cheers

Nice find,dident know their was this tool available.
So here's my profile,just need to extract the zip content and place it useing a file manager in "data/.perseus". Then use the profile tool you posted to restore it in STweaks.
You or anoyone can create a flashable zip if desire,I just don't know how to create one.
http://db.tt/I7ns5ZxL

Edit: forgot to mention I run ROM setting in powersaveing mode except for the CPU part and have display mode set to Movie.
If experience screen stuttering or transitions slowdown just untick "screen power save".

Last edited:
Reactions: yimb0 and 0asis

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
Most likely there will be no changes between all the official 4.1.2 kernels.. they'll all be update 7 source, which has already been released to the public.

XXELKC to XXELLC all look the same to me

Under GPL Samsung shouldn't sneak new code into kernels of new official Roms... this doesn't mean they don't however

mamba720027

Sep 24, 2010
how do you manually change values in stweaks? kinda difficult to dial down by just a couple of units with that slider
If you mean the CPU then just think of it like this for example - 900 -875 -850 -825 -800 etc . Then u can adjust it in between the above example values to a slight more volts if necessary.
Don't focus on the "000" if it confuse u. The rest settings is pretty self explain.

Last edited:

GrimPivo

Sep 29, 2011
Moscow
www.clipz.ru
If you mean the CPU then just think of it like this for example - 900 -875 -850 -825 -800 etc . Then u can adjust it in between the above example values to a slight more volts if necessary.
Don't focus on the "000" if it confuse u. The rest settings is pretty self explain.
I think he mean that it's slightly difficult to change the values with sliders.
Am I right?

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban
you got it :) so how do you guys go about it?
I make sure the slider is selected and when it moves I slowly move my finger down and across so I can read the values while changing the slider. Having big fingers is no fun but you get used to it after awhile :p. One thing to be wary of (probably just me but hey) your slider wont return to default voltage levels for the GPU it will either be under or above but you will never be able to slide back t default values for some reason...

Reactions: tontiv

vadonka

Jul 25, 2007
Debrecen
Staying on Siyah for the LED fading & FB Early Suspend Delay but secretly in love with Perseus... <3
Siyah doesn't have the SDS fix, but perseus have it. I strongly recommended to use perseus until Siyah implement the fix. Or if you have a little programming experience you can always cherry pick the Siyah kernel missing features to the perseus and rebuild by yourself, like i did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone