• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][28/08/2014]FastCharge kernel for the Kindle Fire HD 7

Search This thread

SafinWasi

Dec 15, 2013
Unknown
Disclaimer:I am not responsible if anything I've provided suddenly deep-fries your device or causes alien abductions leading to thermonuclear war.
Hey guys!
For quite some time I've noticed people asking for a solution to the famous battery drain issue of the Kindle Fire HD. To solve this problem,I've compiled a kernel. May I present to you,

The FastCharge Kernel

by SafinWasi

This is a kernel which has the fastcharge functionality added to the stock 7" Kindle Fire HD kernel. In other words,by using this kernel while enabling the fastcharge function on your device,you can use the full voltage of your AC power source,thereby speeding up the charging like crazy!! Yay!

Features:

• By enabling fast charge,reduces charging time using the full power of the AC power source/USB cord connected to PC/car charger/any other power source.
  • Ensures longer lasting battery life
  • Easy to use,can be used by complete newbies as well.

How to flash:
  1. Download the kernel/boot image and place it somewhere on your PC
  2. Ensure that adb and fastboot can detect your device.
  3. CD (change directory)to the image folder with a command prompt.
  4. In the prompt,enter the following command:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
  5. Power off your device and connect it the computer. It should boot into fastboot.
  6. Enter this command to flash the kernel:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot safinwasi-kernel-fastcharge-20142808-tate-v1.img
  7. Finally,enter this command to reboot out of fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot
  8. Profit!

How to activate and deactivare fast charge:
There are two ways to activate fast charge. 1:Through command line and 2:Through the dev's app.
To activate through command line:
Code:
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge
and deactivate:
Code:
echo 0 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge
Or,you can install the app made by the original developer of the fastcharge kernel. Find it on the Play Store.

Downloads:
Version 1:safinwasi-kernel-fastcharge-20142808-tate-v1.img - 7.96 MB
MD5 Sum:5dd8564b8ac119d2ed3ef0009b987fae

Version 2:safinwasi-kernel-fastcharge-20141011-v2-tate.img - 8.00 MB
MD5 Sum:9a5df74e5b4a28921932ad8507cc5303

Source:
Credits

Thanks to Hashcode,fattire,verygreen,r3pwn,BookCase,chad0989 and anyone else whose work helped me.

XDA:DevDB Information
SafinWasi's FastCharge Kernel, Kernel for the Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD

Contributors
SafinWasi
Kernel Special Features: Adds fastcharge function to the 7" KIndle Fire HD 2012(tate) kernel. Can be used with fastcharge apps.

Version Information

Created 2014-08-28
Last Updated 2014-08-28

Last edited:

SafinWasi

Dec 15, 2013
Unknown
[B]Q&A[/B]

Q:My device hangs on the blue Kindle Fire Logo! What happened?
Ans:Your device was running a more recent nightly of CyanogenMod 11,which is incompatible with this kernel. Please downgrade the ROM to an older nightly or the M8 Snapshot. In the meantime,you can access recovery to restore a nandroid or boot into fastboot to reflash your stock kernel.

Q:How can I backup my stock kernel?
Ans:Connect the device with ADB debugging enabled. Then issue the following commands(for Windows):
Code:
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img"
adb pull /sdcard/boot.img

Last edited:

BookCase

Aug 3, 2009
Philadelphia
getapmobile.com
Not booting past the blue logo for me, either. I tried on F2FS since the guy above said he was on EXT4. It's a dud. :(

Edit: I am able to boot into recovery and change the file system. I am unable to do much more.

Last edited:

BookCase

Aug 3, 2009
Philadelphia
getapmobile.com
Reflash your rom to get back to booting. You should be able to do it dirty.

I wiped data when I changed the file system and can't seem to get the kindle to mount in recovery to my PC. I have to remember how to push the files with adb, I think. lol

Anyone know how to install the ADB Drivers to use adb in recovery?

c323533af1f7cfee08bbe618aefffbf4.png

I know the fastboot and adb drivers are different and I know you can adb from the device while on a ROM but, the adb drivers for recovery are different. Normally, I would right-click on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager & there is a yellow triangle like the one you see in this image above, I right-click on that and select "update driver software". If it doesn't find it automatically, then I > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Android device > Android Composite ADB Interface. But, that isn't working for me at this time. Any ideas?

EDIT: Found my answer HERE

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:I am not responsible if anything I've provided suddenly deep-fries your device or causes alien abductions leading to thermonuclear war.
    Hey guys!
    For quite some time I've noticed people asking for a solution to the famous battery drain issue of the Kindle Fire HD. To solve this problem,I've compiled a kernel. May I present to you,

The FastCharge Kernel

by SafinWasi

This is a kernel which has the fastcharge functionality added to the stock 7" Kindle Fire HD kernel. In other words,by using this kernel while enabling the fastcharge function on your device,you can use the full voltage of your AC power source,thereby speeding up the charging like crazy!! Yay!

Features:

• By enabling fast charge,reduces charging time using the full power of the AC power source/USB cord connected to PC/car charger/any other power source.
    • Ensures longer lasting battery life
    • Easy to use,can be used by complete newbies as well.

How to flash:
    1. Download the kernel/boot image and place it somewhere on your PC
    2. Ensure that adb and fastboot can detect your device.
    3. CD (change directory)to the image folder with a command prompt.
    4. In the prompt,enter the following command:
      Code:
      fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
    5. Power off your device and connect it the computer. It should boot into fastboot.
    6. Enter this command to flash the kernel:
      Code:
      fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot safinwasi-kernel-fastcharge-20142808-tate-v1.img
    7. Finally,enter this command to reboot out of fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot
    8. Profit!

How to activate and deactivare fast charge:
    There are two ways to activate fast charge. 1:Through command line and 2:Through the dev's app.
    To activate through command line:
    Code:
    echo 1 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge
    and deactivate:
    Code:
    echo 0 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge
    Or,you can install the app made by the original developer of the fastcharge kernel. Find it on the Play Store.

Downloads:
    Version 1:safinwasi-kernel-fastcharge-20142808-tate-v1.img - 7.96 MB
    MD5 Sum:5dd8564b8ac119d2ed3ef0009b987fae

Version 2:safinwasi-kernel-fastcharge-20141011-v2-tate.img - 8.00 MB
    MD5 Sum:9a5df74e5b4a28921932ad8507cc5303

Source:
    Credits

Thanks to Hashcode,fattire,verygreen,r3pwn,BookCase,chad0989 and anyone else whose work helped me.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SafinWasi's FastCharge Kernel, Kernel for the Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD

Contributors
    SafinWasi
    Kernel Special Features: Adds fastcharge function to the 7" KIndle Fire HD 2012(tate) kernel. Can be used with fastcharge apps.

Version Information

Created 2014-08-28
    Last Updated 2014-08-28
    [B]Q&A[/B]

Q:My device hangs on the blue Kindle Fire Logo! What happened?
    Ans:Your device was running a more recent nightly of CyanogenMod 11,which is incompatible with this kernel. Please downgrade the ROM to an older nightly or the M8 Snapshot. In the meantime,you can access recovery to restore a nandroid or boot into fastboot to reflash your stock kernel.

Q:How can I backup my stock kernel?
    Ans:Connect the device with ADB debugging enabled. Then issue the following commands(for Windows):
    Code:
    adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img"
    adb pull /sdcard/boot.img
    Guys,update coming soon.
    I've added overclocks to the kernel upto 1.728 Ghz similar to Maromi's kernel. Again,I've only made it compatible to nightlies before M8 and the M8. For later nightlies,me and BuQQzz will keep working.
    Your Kernel and thread made it to the front page bro! Congrats :highfive: :laugh: :good::cowboy:

What the… I definitely did not see that coming. Thanks everyone,for your support!

Sent from my device running CyanogenMod 11
    Testers again

Ok guys,new testers needed. Please,only proceed if you have a nandroid backup/backup of your stock or current working kernel!
    Link:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23681161096070379
    A BIG thanks to BuQQzz for helping me with his CM source.
    Enjoy!