[KERNEL][28NOV] SiyahKernel-XT Alpha 0.2

Search This thread

Arcano

Jan 3, 2008
Maybe he's unsubscribed from this thread, so he's not aware of your question peetr_.

I feel sad this kernel is stagnant, as it looked very promising, but still it's gokhan's right to stop whenever he wants. All I can do is thank him for the time I used it.

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
Well let's look at it this way. You're asking for an ETA on gokhan's return to this ALPHA.... and then make a sarcastic comment about him not answering you - WHEN HE HAS NO OBLIGATION TO DO SO. Then you say you don't really care for the kernel and don't want it just feel you're entitled to special treatment and should receive an answer.

Did I miss anything?

Nope. Got it. What you're doing is trolling, and that's in violation of XDA rules. But you instead feel you have the right to state your opinion publicly - but nope. You don't. So if you don't like the kernel DON'T USE IT, DON'T POST, AND MOVE ALONG. =)

I think that just about covers it, mmk?

Nope, you missed the whole point! I never asked for ETA! Not everyone is the same as you think! I trusted this man, so I donated him for his work he did. His work is unusable for me now. But I don't care about that. His kernel was very good and he deserved that.
The only thing I tried to get, was some reaction in the thread he created! Just something like "I don't have time now, but I will continue with the work later" or "I am sorry, but this project is discontinued" or whatever. That's all.
So, you are really missing the point!

Reactions: Miustone

recoba23

Aug 6, 2010
Well let's look at it this way. You're asking for an ETA on gokhan's return to this ALPHA.... and then make a sarcastic comment about him not answering you - WHEN HE HAS NO OBLIGATION TO DO SO. Then you say you don't really care for the kernel and don't want it just feel you're entitled to special treatment and should receive an answer.

Did I miss anything?

He simply made a question, and 9 days later there is no answer, and nobody is at home. So answered himself... where is the crime? someone was injured? There are no major problems to solve?
Overprotection is another special treatment, I think.

Reactions: Miustone and peetr_

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Nope, you missed the whole point! I never asked for ETA! Not everyone is the same as you think! I trusted this man, so I donated him for his work he did. His work is unusable for me now. But I don't care about that. His kernel was very good and he deserved that.
The only thing I tried to get, was some reaction in the thread he created! Just something like "I don't have time now, but I will continue with the work later" or "I am sorry, but this project is discontinued" or whatever. That's all.
So, you are really missing the point!

Then maybe pull the sources, and patch them up to work with Jellybean?

The issue is seeking a "reaction" in the thread is perceived to be quite rude...

There is a saying here that the one who tries the same thing over and over again, expecting different results after the first time, is really the only fool... Just maybe something to consider - if he's not around or seeing the post, repeatedly making the point won't somehow change this...

#justsaying

Reactions: jerdog

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Well, seeking a reaction on forum is rude. I got it. Good to know. You should give it in rules. End of story.
Apologies if this comes across as trolling or flaming, but I hope this can clear things up.

You should never demand from someone any obligation to even answer your questions in this site. Very recently a recognised contributor on this forum lost their daughter, a very sad event and we as a community were devastated.
The last thing on that persons mind was even logging on to xda, let alone answering questions or working on projects. To you, your phone may be the most important thing to you right now, but for some other people real life problems take priority and we should not make their problems worse by appearing to be ungrateful.

Remembering Miranda.

Sent from my LT30p xda premium app.
How do I customise the signature on xda premium app?

Last edited:

demirisdemir

Dec 6, 2010
As far as I know, Gokhan bricked friends xperia t,and gave him his own xperia.
Basiicly,he's without the phone,for now (so he can''t work}.
Until he finds the way to un-brick the dead phone.
Looking forward for Gokhan's Jelly Bean love.
BR

Reactions: Miustone and Arcano

forest1971

Apr 3, 2012
I would like to try some ICS roms (to compare with my experience of JB rom) and would like to use this kernel but could not find it from download link anymore.

Could someone share it please?

Thanks a lot,

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
I would like to try some ICS roms (to compare with my experience of JB rom) and would like to use this kernel but could not find it from download link anymore.

Could someone share it please?

Thanks a lot,

I was in thr same situation but managed to find it on the net.
Have fun

Attachments

• Siyah-xt-v0.2-CWM.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 88
Reactions: forest1971

gokhanmoral

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 16, 2006
Ankara
www.isyam.bilkent.edu.tr
I have been using a windows phone for a while (don't ask why, it's complicated) and that is why I could not release anything for xperia t for a long time.
The last thing I did on xperia-t was that I modified it to support wireless charging (qi.. I opened it up to replace the ear jack because it was stuck then I saw that attaching a coil is not that hard) and it's being used by a friend now.
I will get my hands on it next month maybe.

Arcano

Jan 3, 2008
The last thing I did on xperia-t was that I modified it to support wireless charging (qi.. I opened it up to replace the ear jack because it was stuck then I saw that attaching a coil is not that hard) and it's being used by a friend now.

Amazing what some of you guys are able to do.

--
Enviado desde mi móvil.

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
I have been using a windows phone for a while (don't ask why, it's complicated) and that is why I could not release anything for xperia t for a long time.

Man that would be great. I would probably be selling my Xperia T by next month as the development here is too slow for a flashaholic like me.
I hope I stick long enough to see a dual boot OC UV kernel from you.
Its an honour and a pleasure to be able to use work of such brilliance.

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Marburg an der Lahn
sites.google.com
Man that would be great. I would probably be selling my Xperia T by next month as the development here is too slow for a flashaholic like me.
I hope I stick long enough to see a dual boot OC UV kernel from you.
Its an honour and a pleasure to be able to use work of such brilliance.

same here dude... i would to buy Nexus 4 but i see the Xperia T Development makes slow progress:good:
the SiyahKernel and Doomkernel were with the purchase reasons for the Xperia T;) My Xperia T was faster then my One X:laugh:

I think I will retain my Xperia T:silly:

Reactions: waynekirby

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
same here dude... i would to buy Nexus 4 but i see the Xperia T Development makes slow progress:good:
the SiyahKernel and Doomkernel were with the purchase reasons for the Xperia T;) My Xperia T was faster then my One X:laugh:

I think I will retain my Xperia T:silly:

True.
For some time now I make sure that I check the development threads for phones before buying them.

_Raziel666

Jun 15, 2011
Athens
@gokhanmoral: any chance of making this compatible with CM10.1? I remember using your kernel back in the S2 i9100 days and it was always a great experience! :)

If something's missing from the Xperia T is the shortage on kernels working with non-stock ROMs...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I won't write long and fancy descriptions... I am planning to keep both kernel and the OP as clean as possible.

This kernel is for Xperia-T only and supports only Sony ICS ROMs for now.

FEATURES:

• Autoroot
    • Some optimizations by cherrypicking from others & upstream
    • Some change-this-and-that kind of optimizations on governors
    • Some additional I/O Schedulers (sio, v/r)
    • Undervolting support
    • Overclocking support (192-1890MHz) with some modifications on thermal throttling to prevent overclocked values to be used during boot.
    • Custom CWM-based recovery with touch gestures (thanks to sk8erwitskil for the gesture support)
    • STweaks support (included in the kernel or from Google Play). it is an opensource app which generates dynamic UIs based on /res/uci.sh script interface and lets your set some kernel parameters easily. It will be auto-installed.
    • Fast-dormancy is disabled as default. You can enable it using STweaks.
    KNOWN ISSUES:

• Some STweaks settings are not effective
    • kernel needs some time to apply settings and you may feel some lag for the first 2-3 minutes. this will be fixed soon.
    TODO:

• cm10 support
    • Xperia TX support
    • dual-boot
    • more features...
    THANKS TO: Codeworkx, Kali, all CyanogenMod contributors, sk8erwitskil, krabappel2548, Ninphetamine, Chainfire,... (please remind me if I forgot anyone)
    Sources: http://github.com/gokhanmoral/siyah-xt
    Ramfs: http://github.com/gokhanmoral/ramfs-xt (only updated each time I make a release. for test versions you will have to extract it from the kernel image)
    Hi gok, if you want it moving over to Original Development let me know as your work generally couldn't get much more original ;)

I won't be round till later but will move it then if none of the other mods see it first.

Thanks as always for sharing your work :good:

thank you for your kind comment but for now the kernel is not so original.
    it has some cherrypicks and influences from some other repos although some parts are carefully corrected.
    I want to make an example of "it is not who you are which makes your posts to be placed in original development but it is what you do"... and kernels can be unoriginal work as well.
    I will ask for your evaluation once I feel like the work is more original :)
    thank you again.
    reserved

for FAQ
    Well, seeking a reaction on forum is rude. I got it. Good to know. You should give it in rules. End of story.
    Apologies if this comes across as trolling or flaming, but I hope this can clear things up.

You should never demand from someone any obligation to even answer your questions in this site. Very recently a recognised contributor on this forum lost their daughter, a very sad event and we as a community were devastated.
    The last thing on that persons mind was even logging on to xda, let alone answering questions or working on projects. To you, your phone may be the most important thing to you right now, but for some other people real life problems take priority and we should not make their problems worse by appearing to be ungrateful.

Remembering Miranda.

Sent from my LT30p xda premium app.
    How do I customise the signature on xda premium app?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone