[KERNEL][3.0.101][LINARO 4.7.4][AOSP UBER/Stable 4.3.x/4.2.2 Kernels][Hercules]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Bionik_kaos

Aug 18, 2011
quebec
Tiberius is awesome on stock rooted ..... good job and thank you for your work ill report also :D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: Cl3Kener

skinsfanbdh

Feb 15, 2012
Chesapeake,VA
Sleeping like a baby

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365679187275.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365679187275.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 887
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365679198237.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365679198237.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 888

dawgdoc96

Feb 8, 2013
I've been running Tiberius on stock, it has been working great! Very smooth & fast. Benchmark around 9k on performance governor with noop. U should give it a try, can't wait for OC too. :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Cl3Kener

mataflakitas

Aug 26, 2010
nuevo leon
Exelent flash now...thank...:thumbup::D

Buid Number Jedi Mind Trick...:confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Build Number Jedi Mind Trick...:confused:

Last edited:

Cl3Kener

Feb 4, 2013
Cleveland, OH
plus.google.com
Can I make a request? Or if my wish is simple enough for a quick answer that'd be even better. How do you remove the T-mobile kernel splash screen? Jist figured how to enable custom boot animations but the kernel spash is still there ruining it lol. Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

That's in the ramdisk. Download Android Kitchen and split the boot.img from the zip and you can edit it yourself. :) and then put it back together. (Then again I guess I could do that for you but you'd miss out on the whole modding experience...)

Last edited:

skinsfanbdh

Feb 15, 2012
Chesapeake,VA

Buid Number Jedi Mind Trick...:confused:

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

its the newest jedi mind trick jb. there is only one link on the op for the jb version

Reactions: mataflakitas

Cl3Kener

Feb 4, 2013
Cleveland, OH
plus.google.com
Got a SOD using a CM10 based rom, but I think it's because I was trying to control it via SetCpu..Seems better now that I use the internal performance controls..

For best results use kernel tuner. (If you know what you're doing)

Edit: Actually I just changed my mind. Use Trickster MOD. It seems to be more user friendly. :)

Last edited:

HiM@L

Nov 5, 2010
installed 4.1.2 version on slimbean 4.1.2....cant get phone to go to deep sleep..using badass n sio. did wipe cache/dalvik and fix permission too. any suggestion ?

Cl3Kener

Feb 4, 2013
Cleveland, OH
plus.google.com
installed 4.1.2 version on slimbean 4.1.2....cant get phone to go to deep sleep..using badass n sio. did wipe cache/dalvik and fix permission too. any suggestion ?

Just a second. I'm going to update the 4.1.2 kernel in about 20 minutes for so. I'm afraid I might have accidentally uploaded one of my previous kernels of i might have forgot the sleep script in this one. CM10 usually needs a sleep script which I add for best results....

Edit: Okay the link is now updated. I did in fact forget the script. Try it now! To those other 3 people who download re-download it. I apologize for not getting it right the first time.

Last edited:

HiM@L

Nov 5, 2010
Just a second. I'm going to update the 4.1.2 kernel in about 20 minutes for so. I'm afraid I might have accidentally uploaded one of my previous kernels of i might have forgot the sleep script in this one. CM10 usually needs a sleep script which I add for best results....

Edit: Okay the link is now updated. I did in fact forget the script. Try it now! To those other 3 people who download re-download it. I apologize for not getting it right the first time.

got ur pm and downloaded and flashed. thanks again....gonna test it.
which governor n scheduler do u suggest....i usually use smartassV2 or badass with sio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Everyone,

I'm by no means a pro at kernel building but I've put lots of effort into these kernels so I thought I'd share them with you. The Uber kernel will always be updated to the latest Kernel version and will be overclocked to 1890 MHz. The Stable Kernels will have similar options but will not be Overclocked. Unlike some of the other T-mobile Galaxy S II Hercules developers out there, I actually have a Galaxy S II and plan on having it until Summer 2014. This means that EVERY KERNEL I POST HAS BEEN TESTED AND IS WORKING although it might not be perfect (few things in life ever are).

Even though I don't post anything unless it works I still don't want to be liable for user errors. In other words, if you flash one of these Kernels your warranty is void and I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE for any data loss or bricked devices etc. That being said, you really have nothing to fear but fear itself because these kernels work and because I packaged a stock kernel so you can revert back at any time. :)
    A Clean install is ALWAYS recommended. That does not necessarily mean you can't install these kernels on you current build it just means that you might have problems if you do. Recently apps have been getting corrupted for whatever reason whether on Stock or AOSP and in most cases they cause RRs and SODs. If you find yourself in one of those situations a clean install is the easiest fix. If you want to try and save you apps then connect to you phone while in recovery using adb. Then type adb shell. Now once you are in that shell you can run this command to fix your apps "e2fsck -yfDC0 /dev/block/mmcblk0p25" it could take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour depending on the state of your apps.

IMPORTANT!!!! There are now two 4.3 UBER Kernels. One for Pre OCT 22 and One for Post OCT 22! Due to CM GPU updates you need to be careful which one you flash. Be careful you don't flash the wrong one. Download both for safety sake so you can flash a second one if you get crazy colors and other graphical gliches.

All old Kernels can be found on Dev Host via this link (be careful you read file names and descriptions carefully if you choose to take a peek around) http://d-h.st/users/Cl3Kener/

Installation Instructions for ALL Kernels

**** IMPORTANT!!! USE TWRP 2.5.0.0 or earlier for 4.2.2 and TWRP 2.6.1.0 + for 4.3.x kernels!!! Failure to do so may result in bootloops due to changes made to TWRP to accomodate SELinux in 4.3.x ROMs which messes up 4.2.2 permissions (Links include flashable TWRP installation zips credits to meekrawb. Just flash them in your current recovery! :D) ****

1. For best results a install these kernel after a fresh ROM install (although it still should work if you don't do that)
    2. Reboot into recovery (MAKE SURE YOU USE THE RIGHT ONE!!! (See red print above))
    3. Flash Kernel Zip
    4. Reboot and let Settle for ~10 minutes
    5. Install Trickster MOD from the App Store for access to all of the options.
    6. Change the settings to something other than INTERACTIVE (Especially if you run it with BFQ it will give you the worst screen lag ever). Then enable "Set at Boot" and push the check mark button at the top right hand portion of the screen or else you will lose your configurations.
    7. Enjoy!!! :)

Error Reporting

I am always open to hearing about your errors although just telling me something went wrong without giving me details does me absolutely no good. So here are my expectations if you do want to complain about something not working:

1. Please list the ROM you are using,
    2. The IO scheduler you were using
    3. The CPU governor you were using
    4. The CPU frequency range (192/1080 etc)
    5. What you have done to attempt to fix it.
    6. If you were able to simulate it again using the same settings.
    7. Anything else you think is applicable to the issue

I would also hope that you would consider trying some of the following things to fix your issue before you ever report it because most of these things will fix the problem without me even having to change a thing.

1) Fix file permissions using a program that does a thorough job. I recommend using the fix file permissions in ROM manager because it is the best I’ve seen. For the record, I don’t actually use ROM manager for anything other than fixing permissions. Please consider trying this first because it tends to fix most of the FC/RR/SOD errors you might have.
    2) Make a backup and install a clean version of the ROM you are running and see if you are still experiencing those same errors. You may have corrupted files if you’ve been dirty flashing.
    3) If that doesn’t solve it, redownload and reflash, maybe something got corrupted but it still managed to flash. This happens sometimes and I can cause you grief.
    4) For advanced users pull a logcat. I know not everyone knows how to do this but you can learn if you check out this OP or other ones like it

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

Android88 - because he is awesome and encouraged me to create this thread!
    Samsung - for the source code to build these Kernel (and for making the phone)
    Ayysir - for his wonderful tutorial on making a bash script to build kernels and for helping me out all of the time with everything!
    Elbermu - For Bringing Thermal and Sweep2Wake to Hercules and for the help!
    Bmg002 - For his extensive work fixing/rewriting my init.d scripts
    Gruntparty - For completely redoing/fixing the build.prop injector I use for my AOSP Kernels
    I Am The Frost - For being my first and best tester on xda. He's debugged several issues in these kernels for me

My kernel Repositories can be found at https://github.com/Cl3Kener/HERC-KERNELS and are properly labeled for your convenience (see the branches)

Informational Links
    Here is a fantastic guide on "Innards" of Kernels
    Optimizing Linaro Keychains
    Building a Bash Script to make Kernels

JOIN MY GOOGLE COMMUNITY IF YOU WANT INSTANT UPDATES ON ANY OF ANDROID STUFF I DO.

Reserved!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL][3.0.101][LINARO 4.7.4][AOSP UBER/Stable 4.3.x/4.2.2 Kernels][Hercules], a Kernel for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    Cl3Kener
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2013-09-08
    Last Updated 2013-11-22
    Changelogs

Changelogs

Changelog UBER 3.4 Official (4.3)
    - ONLY FOR ANDROID 4.3!!!
    - Kernel Version 3.0.101 - Linaro 4.7.4
    - USB fastcharge
    - Fsync toggle - disable for better performance but beware that if your phone crashes you will lose data.
    - Overclocked CPU 1890/ GPU 3D = 320 2D = 266
    - IO Schedulers - cfq, bfq, row, noop, deadline, sio, vr, FIFO, and zen
    - CPU Governors - intellidemand, interactivex, lazy, wheatley, smartass, badass, lionheart, minmax, fantasy, savagedzen, scary and samsung.
    - Frandom Lag Reducer
    - Smaller sized kernel due to xz compression.
    - CPU link - elbermu
    - Sweep2wake - thanks dennis rassmann (@show-p1984) for his awesome code and elbermu for modifying it to fit this device!
    - Thermal - thanks once again to dennis rassmann (@show-p1984) for his awesome code and elbermu for modifying it to fit this device!
    - IO Booster
    - CPU Power - Vincent Guittot
    - Frontswap Support
    - Google "Snappy" compression/decompression
    - KGSL GPU Control - carvsdriver

Changelog STABLE 3.2 Official (4.3)
    - ONLY FOR ANDROID 4.3 and NEW GPU UPDATES (POST!!!
    - Kernel Version 3.0.101 - LINARO 4.7.4
    - USB fastcharge
    - Fsync toggle - disable for better performance but beware that if your phone crashes you will lose data.
    - Overclocked CPU 1728/ GPU 3D = 320 2D = 266
    - IO Schedulers - cfq, bfq, row, noop, deadline, sio, vr, and zen
    - CPU Governors - intellidemand, interactivex, lazy, wheatley, smartass, badass, lionheart, minmax, fantasy, savagedzen, scary and samsung.
    - Frandom Lag Reducer
    - CPU link - elbermu
    - Sweep2wake - thanks dennis rassmann (@show-p1984) for his awesome code and elbermu for modifying it to fit this device!
    - Thermal - thanks once again to dennis rassmann (@show-p1984) for his awesome code and elbermu for modifying it to fit this device!
    - IO Booster
    - Frontswap Support

Changelog UBER 2.92 Official (4.2.2)
    - ONLY FOR ANDROID 4.2.2!!!
    - USB fastcharge
    - Overclocked CPU 1890/ GPU 3D = 320 2D = 266
    - IO Schedulers - cfq, bfq, row, noop, deadline, sio, vr, FIFO, and zen
    - CPU Governors - intellidemand, interactivex, lazy, wheatley, smartass, badass, lionheart, minmax, fantasy, savagedzen, scary, HYPER and samsung.
    - Frandom Lag Reducer
    - CPU link - elbermu
    - IO Booster
    - Frontswap Support
    - Kernel splash screen by shmi117
    - Fixed boot charging animation

Changelog STABLE 2.7 Official (4.2.2)
    - No CPU OC just stock CPU tables
    - GPU OC 3D=320, 2D=266
    - USB Fastcharge
    - IO Schedulers cfq, bfq, row, noop, deadline, sio, vr, and zen
    - CPU Governors intellidemand, interactivex, lazy, wheatley, smartass, smartassv2, badass, lionheart, and asswax.
    - Frandom Lag Reducer
    - CPU Link - elbermu
    - IO Boosters
    - Frontswap Support
    - Kernel splash screen by shmi117
    - Fixed boot charging animation

Terminal commands to enable/change a kernel features if you are don't like kernel tuning apps

Fsync

To enable - echo 1 > /sys/module/sync/parameters/fsync_enabled

To disable - echo 0 > /sys/module/sync/parameters/fsync_enabled

USB Fast Charge

To enable - echo 1 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge

To disable - echo 0 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge

Set Thermal Values

Go to /sys/kernel/msm_thermal/conf/ in a root file browser and change the values

Set MPDecision Values

Go to /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/ in root file browser and change the values

Disable CPU Link

echo 0 > /sys/kernel/cpu_gov_sync/force_cpu_gov_sync

Recommended CPU Govs by Category

For Performance

Performance Governor - Full OC
    HYPER - full oc
    Lionheart - full oc

For good battery life with decent performance use

Intellidemand
    Interactivex
    Ondemand
    Samsung
    Lazy

Moderately Conservative

Badass
    Conservative
    Wheatley (debatable could be in the above category)

Very Conservative

Powersave
    SavageZen

not sufficient info? checkout out this op

Hey Everyone,

Well the 3.0.y linux kernel terminated today with a final version of 3.0.101. As promised I responded to your poll responses. From the numbers it looks like 24 of you participated in the survey but I only had 7 thanks so I'm assuming that there are many of you that are not members that are following this thread. Good for you! Please consider joining xda because your input is helpful! If you are a member and didn't thank the post, don't forget you have 8 thanks per day that you can and should try and use to help make your favorite xda developers and other helpful xda members feel like they have done a good job in making your phone better! (Just thought I'd throw in this friendly reminder in because I know some developers appreciate thanks the xda way more than monetary donations or nice comments)

Anyhow, here are my responses https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0etHDZ0uDPhbThhOU5TWVUtRG8/edit?usp=sharing

I agree with most of your comments. I've made the decision from what I've heard that I will split the threads. In only a short while when 4.4 Kit Kat is release I'm going to make a Tiberius thread and then I will make a 4.4 AOSP kernel thread. And this current kernel thread will be for AOSP 4.2.x and 4.3.x kernels as they slowly fade away leaving behind a massive string of comments...... I think that should solve the confusion people are having with this thread. :)

Looks like everyone wants Linaro Kernels. So that is what I built for you today. Unfortunately, CM threw us a curve ball by updating our GPU drivers yesterday so now anything from the OCT 22 onward will no longer be compatible with previous UBER builds. I've made two UBER kernels, one for previously built ROMs and one for Today's nightly and onward. You might want to keep a copy of both so just in case your graphics go haywire in the next day or two because you forgot what I said here. If one doesn't work flash the other. :)

I also updated Tiberius and made a 2 GHz version for fun. It works great. I ran it all this morning just to make sure it worked okay. :) Due to the GPU updates I decided to wait on stable. I also received a comment that Stable is not "Stable enough" so I'm going to probably go back and rebuild it removing anything questionable......

Here are the new kernel links. Release kernels will come soon!

UBER PRE OCT 22

UBER OCT 22 and Beyond

Tiberius

Tiberius 2GHz

Cheers!
    Cl3Kener

Hey everyone!

Took the time to update to 3.0.91 today in both my UBER Kernels and Tiberius as well. :) I also noticed the request about adding SmartassH3 but unfortunately it is almost identical to SmartassV2 so my guess is it would not work with this kernel unfortunately....

Here are the links

UBER 4.3 ONLY

UBER 4.2.2 ONLY

TIBERIUS 4.1.2 TW ONLY

Anyhow, enjoy the updates!

Cheers!
    Cl3Kener

Hey Everyone!

Well, once again the kernel update came late Sunday. So I upgraded everything to 3.0.88! There were also a few small CM commits so I updated Stable as well. :) All other kernels and branches should be updated now for all of you that build with lite :)

Here are the links

TIBERIUS

UBER

STABLE

Cheers!
    Cl3Kener