Audio is not working for me. Anyone else?
DROID RAZR MAXX CM 11 JBX KERNEL
Me, XDA-Developers.com and anyone else doesn't take any repsonsibilty for damages on your device!
Rooting your device will void your warranty!
Don't play with settings you aren't familiar with, you could burn your device!!
This is a work in progress! Some of the current features are still not in final stat. If you are facing issues report back here and DON'T spam the threads of the rom you're using!
Be careful with some settings such like Voltage and Overclocking!!! If you aren't experienced with these things, dont play with 'em!
JBX-Kernel 3.0.8 Versions:
0.8.x ==> Android 4.2.2
1.x == > Android 4.3
2.x == > Android 4.4
JBX-Kernel 3.0.31 Versions:
3.x == > Android 4.4
4.x == > Android 5.X
NOTE: CF-Server is currently down! Use "[email protected]" on dtrailer.de (right after clicking on the big blue DOWNLOAD button above!
These builds include features without promises to work.
CAUTION: There is no promise that these version are stable/working/whatever! Use at your own risk!!
---> XPERIMENTAL Builds [Dev-Host] <---
---> XPERIMENTAL Builds [CF] <---
MPU OC 
------- | CPU | ------- | ------------------ ------------------ |Voltage 1015 mV | ---->| SMARTREFLEX ON| = 1015mV +/- "vmax"/"vmin" ------------------ ------------------- | -------------------- |SMARTREFLEX OFF| ----> 1015mV FIXED! No changes! -------------------
<--> 1200  1000  900  ... .. ..
echo 1 > sys/kernel/battery_friend/battery_friend_active /* Enable */ echo 0 > sys/kernel/battery_friend/battery_friend_active /* Disable */
su echo "x" > /sys/kernel/suspend_gov/suspend_gov
echo 0 > /sys/kernel/dpll/dpll_active
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/dpll/dpll_active
echo 0 > /sys/kernel/hdmi/hdmi_active
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/hdmi/hdmi_active
2. If anyone has the following issues:
Media Process FC
No SD-Card in File Explorer
My CPU Settings (frequencies, etc) won't be saved (it sets itself back to Kernel default after screen off)
My phone freezes/reboots always when I try to set options in Trickster Mod
The device is lagging very hard
Media FC: Open App settings, head to "Download Manager" and "Media Storage" and hit the "delete data" button. Reboot. Now it shouldn't give any FCs anymore and after a little bit of waiting it will find all Media (Pictures, Videos, etc..)
No SD-Card: Reboot into recovery, go to "Mounts & Storage", tick "mount int" or "mount ext".
USB: Make sure the screen is ON while plugging the cable in.
CPU Settings: This is a bug which cannot be solved at the moment. Temporary solution: In Trickster Mod just activate the "Frequency Lock" and your settings will persist.
Trickster Mod:: Open App settings, Trickster Mod and select "uninstal updates". Now it should work.
Crashes, Freezes, lagging, something doesn't work, etc
There are too many reasons which could cause crashes! So here is a checklist for you to look for. Check each point and try the following workaround:
- Your rom has CPU tweaks (e.g. Kernel modules, init.d folder, etc)
- You have set custom CPU settings (e.g. custom frequencies with apps like No-Frills CPU Control, Set-CPU, Antutu, etc...)
- You have undervolted too low
- You have overclocked too high
- You have applied higher "Core OC" value in Trickster Mod App
- You are running any other kernel tweaks which are regarding to the CPU and/or performance (e.g. Kernel modules by Whirleyes eventually set by init.d, etc..)
- After setting some settings (e.g. in Trickster Mod) your device doesn't boot anymore
- adb doesn't work / shows only "device offline"
- You are facing hard lagging
If any point here matches your setting, please revert from it:
- Remove any CPU init.d script from /System/etc/init.d
- Uninstall any CPU controling app (e.g. Set-CPU, No-Frills, etc..)
- Remove all extra kernel modules from system/lib/modules (e.g. cpu_control.ko, cpufreq_smartass2.ko, etc..)
- Unset any custom settings from any other kernel / CPU - tweaking app which is NOT Trickster Mod
- Maybe your governor causes issues. Hotplug is know for bugs at the moment...I'm going to fix it..
- NEVER set your CPU Settings (e.g. in Trickster Mod App) on boot!!!! - before you aren't sure that your settings are safe!!!
- You may flash the kernel again after reverting related settings
- to make adb work / show device online, download latest SDK platform-tools and confirm access on device (4.2 security feature of Android)
- Don't use any task killers, memory killers, seeder apps! They may conflict with the kernel/Rom settings.
If none of these suggestions work for you your rom may be incompatible. Please report it here that I can add the rom to the list of imcompatible roms
If you have any issue, please read this:
- is it really a kernel issue?
- did I see this bug with the roms original kernel?
- what are the people in the rom thread saying?
- what are the people in the kernel thread saying?
- can I find this issue on a bug list?
- how about my settings? Is it my fault it crashed?
- can I find something useful in the kernel FAQ?
- Is it maybe a well known issue and can be solved
withing seconds? Just like wifical.sh?
- Where to repeat that issue? Rom or kernel?
I know it's sometimes difficult to track the issues, and we can't know for sure if it's caused by the rom or by the kernel, but if you try at least to get some information you might find an answer sometimes. If you are able to understand logs, you may report whatever you find.
All this helps to keep the threads more clear. Thank you.
I would just like to pause and acknowledge the great progress that has been made and ask for a moment of thanks for the hard working developers. In just a few months we went from officially being dropped from CM support, to being reinvigorated, launching a successful test build of android 4.4 and finally renabling CM 11 nightlies for all OMAP4 motos. It wasn't easy but we got it done. And now we have a fairly stable ROM and for the first time in awhile working 1080p video recording and playback. I couldnt be more proud of the work we've done and I just want everyone to realize how much work and effort has gone into it. Many people gloss over what works and doesn't work. But the untold stories are the hours of code review and testing that we go unpaid for using our spare time to bring these great updates to our devices long after official support has ended. I am proud to be a part of that and see the RAZR line live on and you can bet I will still be here pushing for Android 5.0
DROID RAZR MAXX CM 11 JBX KERNEL