What do you think of this KERNEL? (after some use) and reading!

• It's just AWESOME! + Good Developer!

Votes: 752 69.1%
  • It's Good and i like it more than any other.

Votes: 216 19.8%
  • It's can be better, for now also trying others.

Votes: 88 8.1%
  • I like OTHER KERNEL. this one is not for me.

Votes: 33 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybernetus

Mar 27, 2009
Belo Horizonte
www.ataliba.eti.br
So Ratio wise 3 Indians, 1 Israeli, and one Spanish have come out from behind the curtain. I'm sure we can make a tv show out this:D

Thanks to those joining me in this venture even though it may be a brief thing it's nice to see the faces behind the people ur talking to on a regular basis even if it's only the once. ;)

PHONE : SGSII
Sent via: Tapatalk 2
Main ROM: RR ics 2.7 (ONLINE)
2nd Rom RR JB 3.0.9
KERNEL : Dorimanx 5.86 B4 ICS/JB
MODEM : LPS
ROOT APP : SuperSu
Count one brazilian too :)

Reactions: THE RED BLUR

THE RED BLUR

Mar 7, 2012
LONDON
Count one brazilian too :)
Lol. We would need to see ur face in order to do that::p

I was counting up the people that took there mask off for the day. Don't be shy:D

Lets see the real smile on that face

2nd Rom RR JB 3.0.9
KERNEL : Dorimanx 5.86 B3 ICS/JB

kantjer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2010
www.androidfilehost.com
How do you know he isn't showing his face ;), maybe he is.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

I read the first 3 pages + the changelog from 7.0 + the last 3 pages and doesn't say anything at all about it, as you can undesrtand I'm not gonna read the 9XX pages so I suggest that if you want new people to read something, put it in the firsts posts because if you are not following the thread is impossible to catch up.

The 7.0 version is presented as "Ready JB Kernels" and there's absolutely no note about them, so if I'm using JB AOKP, my first guess is that I can flash it.

Still, I can't find what I'm supposed to read...
So you are saying you flashed a kernel that clearly states "Mali" in it's file name without knowing if your Rom supports the new Mali drivers and/or knowing wat Mali actually means. And instead of finding that out you're blaming the kernel and Rom builders. Interesting way of thinking :rolleyes:

THE RED BLUR

Mar 7, 2012
LONDON
How do you know he isn't showing his face ;), maybe he is.
Lmao. Good one ;):thumbup:

Buddy I'm thinking of taking the plunge and flash bday version of aokp project.

Is it worth trying out and much different from last version apart from mali support.

I ask because I have a lot to do before installing.

I got to clone my ics main rom to 2nd. Used my rom nuke script. Flash dorimanx mali kernel, install the rom and new Justin bean GAPPS and etc....

But if it ain't much of a difference then I would wait for the RR beta.

2nd Rom RR JB 3.0.9

Last edited:

xanthrax

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee Lead / RC-RT Com - Vampire
Staff member
Apr 12, 2011
Darkside

I was counting up the people that took there mask off for the day. Don't be shy:D

2nd Rom RR JB 3.0.9
Geez! You guys start showing your faces? What's next? ... just let me know when you'll reach the naked stage, it's my favorite one and I'll show you mine!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

cybernetus

Mar 27, 2009
Belo Horizonte
www.ataliba.eti.br

2nd Rom RR JB 3.0.9
I change my profile picture but I believe the forum needs a few time to show the new.

But i need to change my avatar .. sorry :)

Last edited:

THE RED BLUR

Mar 7, 2012
LONDON
Geez! You guys start showing your faces? What's next? ... just let me know when you'll reach the naked stage, it's my favorite one and I'll show you mine!

Lmao. Too much:D:thumbup:

2nd Rom RR JB 3.0.9

Reactions: pSyCh¤_O_O

xanthrax

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee Lead / RC-RT Com - Vampire
Staff member
Apr 12, 2011
Darkside
I change my profile picture but I believe the forum needs a few time to show the new.

But i need to change my avatar .. sorry :)
What! ?!?! Too much, !,!? Stop showing your faces!
What if I found out that one of you is my mother in law! ??!??!, that's will be really too much :eek:

Reactions: d_sam

kantjer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2010
www.androidfilehost.com
Buddy I'm thinking of taking the plunge and flash bday version of aokp project.

Is it worth trying out and much different from last version apart from mali support.

I ask because I have a lot to do before installing.

I got to clone my ics main rom to 2nd. Used my rom nuke script. Flash dorimanx mali kernel, install the rom and new Justin bean GAPPS and etc....

But if it ain't much of a difference then I would wait for the RR beta.
Performance wise I don't see much difference with previous non-mali versions.
Non-mali version were also very stable but suffered from the occasional slowdown/semi freeze. I have been running the Mali version now for over 2 days and haven't had any slowdowns. But it's hard to tell if it's due to Mali or new kernel or both.
I'm also running it with the modified services.jar sinds this morning, also without any issues.

From what I have read RR Mali is supposed to come out this weekend (after AOKP build 5 is released) why not wait for that.
I'm thinking of trying it when it comes out.

GaboWinter

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 26, 2011
Kadath
I already read that and is nothing but clear. I have the official JB AOKP B4 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1850942)

What I understand reading that is the kernel is only for JB and has a new mali kernel, but it doesn't say ANYTHING about the rom having to support it, also, the only ROM it says semothing about the MALI is Jelly King and even in the description/changelog it says nothing. What about RR or rootbox? Nothing in them explaining neither...

So excuse me if I dind't get it at first, but it's not explained at all.
You need search and read through the thread of the ROMs, it's that so hard? For example, RootBox, this are the results of the search by "mali" in his thread and this post explain the fact that the ROMs start to merge the mali drivers first then, the kernels must merge the change to have compatibility.

Now you see that the ROM must have the Mali drivers too? Not only the kernel? That's known mate and how it's known? Reading...

Do your own research then, the first rule of XDA is "search before post" not just "read the changelog and OP".

Sent from Nyarlathothep's SGSII..."Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Last edited:

t-pip

Oct 26, 2010
Anyone else finding that their phone is not entering deep sleep much? Mine is sitting at 200 MHz most of the time. Using Hyper for wake and on demand for screen shots off.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.