What do you think of this KERNEL? (after some use) and reading!

• It's just AWESOME! + Good Developer!

Votes: 752 69.1%
  • It's Good and i like it more than any other.

Votes: 216 19.8%
  • It's can be better, for now also trying others.

Votes: 88 8.1%
  • I like OTHER KERNEL. this one is not for me.

Votes: 33 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

t-pip

Oct 26, 2010
Nothing , here you can try my ET settings.
Don't reset the fuel gauge, you'll get more funny batt reading coz of that. ;)

My battery is 1450mAh, brand Senao from Taiwan (gift from my boss).
My original batt is ballooned and goner already. :laugh:
Remove the txt extension and try it. :cool:

Hope you can get the same batt life as me. ;)

EDIT: for second cycle I disabled the S2W.
I've put it in but turned off zram as I thought it used more professor power. I have swap enabled and that seems OK.

I'll report back.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Crescendo Xenomorph

Crescendo Xenomorph

Feb 11, 2009
Garden of Time
I've put it in but turned off zram as I thought it used more professor power. I have swap enabled and that seems OK.

I'll report back.

Hmm I also do that since 1st cycle... ;)

And the professor? :p

EDIT: sorry I haven't told you, my ET setting got very aggressive GPU up/down for playing game.

Last edited:

GaboWinter

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 26, 2011
Kadath
Guys, honestly I'm enter here via Tapatalk even if I'm busy to read about the new version and some other tests, not for seeing 5 pages of useless discussion, yesterday at night I post about the best way of deal with situations like that...

Yeah, I've seen your post there...just as comment, I'm not defending anyone, I don't think that post there be the best option, that could release a useless flame war that gonna end in messages deleted by the mods and nothing else, I know that it's great have members of the community that take care of the developers, but if @dori give just the rightful importance to that comments maybe we need to do the same just for avoid make the issue bigger. Of course that you don't be banned for that but imagine that happens, I think that this thread loose a very good team member that give reports, make tests and support in the best way and why? Not the best reason eh? Just leave that the things pass, after all we are here for the development, we need focus on that. ;)

Just IMO.

EDIT: The official answer:

Original Post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=33082476&postcount=11739
Hopefully the mods come ASAP and clean all this mess...

Please guys, avoid this kind of situations.

Sent from Nyarlathothep's SGSII..."Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mode
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Thread temp lock

Ok lets get this straight. Yes people have to read that's rule #1, however flaming and trolling him over it is simply NOT acceptable. You have 2 options when someone comes asking something without reading 1) Ignore and walk away, which seems impossible for a few of you. 2) Help. Answer his question or simply say go read "x". Simple isn't it? This was to much 40+ post I had to delete? Attitude in this thread is wrong on many levels.

prbassplayer

Last edited:

Crescendo Xenomorph

Feb 11, 2009
Garden of Time
When I put it back in should the phone still be plugged in or not?

No, unplug it first then remove the batt for 3 minutes to clear out the chip's data.
Sorry I forgot to say to unplug the charger first... ;)

Actually the reset gauge at ET can do this, it got the same effect. But for me, I only get some funny reading for almost 4 days each time I did that.
Maybe its my phone thats funny...

Last edited:

__NBH__

May 20, 2011
I have been using the USB mass storage mode to add music and video to my phone now it is working in 7.4 but all the media I add via this method seems to be read only.

MX player says 'Cannot delete files. Please check your storage is not mounted as read only. The only way to delete it is to plug the phone back into the PC, browse to the phone and remove it. Kernel, ROM or general phone issue?

THE RED BLUR

Mar 7, 2012
LONDON
I have been using the USB mass storage mode to add music and video to my phone now it is working in 7.4 but all the media I add via this method seems to be read only.

MX player says 'Cannot delete files. Please check your storage is not mounted as read only. The only way to delete it is to plug the phone back into the PC, browse to the phone and remove it. Kernel, ROM or general phone issue?
Hi. I was able to delete a video file via mx player so it's not a kernel issue.

PHONE : SGSII
Sent via: Tapatalk 2
Main ROM: RR JB build 5 beta test (ONLINE)
2nd Rom: RR ics 2.7- Not accessible
KERNEL : Dorimanx 7.4 Mali
(DEFAULT PROFILE AND SETTINGS)
MODEM : LPS
GAPPS : JusTunBean 3.2.2 quick flash

quijote1

Mar 24, 2012
Rota
Rapid battery draining

Just a quick contribution.... many of us see l2_hsic wakelocks. There is an extensive XDA thread on this topic that the search button will reveal. The most important thing that I took away from that long thread is that the l2_hsic wakelock is associated the the USB connection. That wakelock is present to some degree on almost all of our phones, but in some cases it is responsible for dramatic battery draining. It hasn't been that bad for me, but I still notice it.

One tip that I learned from reading is that the l2_hsic wakeload starts when you unplug your phone from the charger. There is one theory that the phone should have the screen on when unplugging. But the thing that really works is: reboot the phone as soon as you take it off the charger - it only takes a minute.
This morning, I unplugged without a reboot. After 2 hours, I checked with CPUspy so see what kind of sleep the phone was having. Well, it had been running at 200Mhz 40% of the time and in deep sleep only about 20%. I rebooted and an hour later it was on 85% deep sleep with almost no activity on 200Mhz.

It`s little stuff like this that keeps the battery drain under control - not magic tweaks to the kernel......

yahyoh

Nov 7, 2011
Amman
Just a quick contribution.... many of us see l2_hsic wakelocks. There is an extensive XDA thread on this topic that the search button will reveal. The most important thing that I took away from that long thread is that the l2_hsic wakelock is associated the the USB connection. That wakelock is present to some degree on almost all of our phones, but in some cases it is responsible for dramatic battery draining. It hasn't been that bad for me, but I still notice it.

One tip that I learned from reading is that the l2_hsic wakeload starts when you unplug your phone from the charger. There is one theory that the phone should have the screen on when unplugging. But the thing that really works is: reboot the phone as soon as you take it off the charger - it only takes a minute.
This morning, I unplugged without a reboot. After 2 hours, I checked with CPUspy so see what kind of sleep the phone was having. Well, it had been running at 200Mhz 40% of the time and in deep sleep only about 20%. I rebooted and an hour later it was on 85% deep sleep with almost no activity on 200Mhz.

It`s little stuff like this that keeps the battery drain under control - not magic tweaks to the kernel......
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1656705 hope it will help u

for me l2_hsic wakelocks go high with wlan_rx wakelock ( on my isp crappy modem but not with linksys )

Reactions: big_bum

dorimanx

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com
Hello,
Long time XDA lurker, and long time Dorimanx kernel user.
Never posted before, but felt I finally had to pop in and say thanks and show appreciation for all the work that you do,
and the great restraint you show on the endless supply of blind lazy noobs and their repeated questions...

Several beers for the hardworking kernel dev: 21B92529BA848994X :good:

--

GT-I9100m - PA2.22 - Dori 7.4 all default - LD3 - JusTUN_Bean_Gapps_Only_v3.2.2
Thanks allot for support :)

good to see you post, i know that there are many silent users, so it's nice to know that all good for them :)

dorimanx

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com
Gm has successfully implemented the ability to duel boot new mali jb roms and aokp ICS on beta 5.0b1 . I have now managed to boot into my RR ics 2.7 rom.

He even used my suggestion to be able to select default rom in extweaks :) So no more worries of pressing the button on boot if u want to use 2nd Rom for a couple of days.

Check my post on this here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=33097853

[KERNEL] SiyahKernel v4.1.5 (v5.0a2)

Now Dorimanx can port these features :):thumbup:

Main ROM: RootBOX jb 2.9 mali (ONLINE) 20-10-12
GAPPS : JusTunBean 3.2.1 quick flash

When GM will finish, and update GIT with his awesome work, i will make the updates, as we agreed, with full credits to him for his very hard work.

and continue to work on my kernel preserving his work and his name, for the future of SG2 till it's last for me.

THE RED BLUR

Mar 7, 2012
LONDON
When GM will finish, and update GIT with his awesome work, i will make the updates, as we agreed, with full credits to him for his very hard work.

and continue to work on my kernel preserving his work and his name, for the future of SG2 till it's last for me.
Thanks buddy. And he should be proud that his legacy will live on on sg2 through you;) No one deserves this more than you.

Main ROM: RR JB build 5 beta test (ONLINE)
GAPPS : JusTunBean 3.2.2 quick flash

dorimanx

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com
Stweaks, by gokhanmoral working great on dorimanx kernel ;)

i will test GM app, and see if it's need some background script fixing or it's ready to work as is,

I want people to be able to use it, and donate to GM via his app for his hard work and last kernel that he will finish and release as stable.

it's only fair to do so, one more way to keep a memory of great developer.

Floydfire

Aug 26, 2011
i will test GM app, and see if it's need some background script fixing or it's ready to work as is,

I want people to be able to use it, and donate to GM via his app for his hard work and last kernel that he will finish and release as stable.

it's only fair to do so, one more way to keep a memory of great developer.
The only problem I have see in stweak it's that check button doesn't show the toast... the rest seems work... example the check cortex button doesn't show the relative toast info...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.