[KERNEL][4.2] Stock Kernel (CWM) for the Galaxy Player/S Wifi 4.2

Search This thread

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Alright guys here's the time, finally!! Here's the kernel with the CWM support for the 4.2.

Disclaimer

I'm not resposible for anything that happens to your device because YOU AND ONLY YOU decided to do these changes.

If your wifi isn't working, please flash the fix below

Features:
Based on the XXLF1
Insecure
CWM 5.0.2.7
Stock Kernel

Download:

Kernel Download

Fix for the wifi

Wifi fix download

Instructions:
Flash the kernel tarbal with odin (re-partition unchecked) or the normalboot.img with heimdall. For the wifi fix, flash it through CWM.

Sources:
Initramfs Source (I just have modified the initramfs nothing else.)

Zebluk for the rom dump
Baruch6132 and Ozelot64 for testing
ganeshbiyer for some scripts I used
Entropy512 for the CWM initramfs template
DooMLoRD for helping

Last edited:

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Here's a screenshot (for proof) by baruch6132 and ozelot64

Attachments

• WP_000009.jpg
    WP_000009.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,889
Last edited:

maseltrdf

Nov 16, 2010
Awesommmeee!!

Great work ! Thanks a lote ! Waiting such a long time now ends with a Smiley in my face !

I startet this morning to post 10 Posts in XDA only for post the following into this thread :

THANK YOU!

alenotario

Mar 1, 2013
Wow! Nice!

But will this work for YP-GI1CW/XAZ (brazilian model)?
And this wifi fix could make possible to connect on WPA Enterprise PEAP MSCHAPv2? Because it's not possible now, I can connect to all wifi spots but PEAP MSCHAPv2 (wifi of my university).

Many thanks for this!

maseltrdf

Nov 16, 2010
One Question : does this also work for the european Galaxy Wifi ?
i have not tried this...please let me know...

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Wow! Nice!

But will this work for YP-GI1CW/XAZ (brazilian model)?
And this wifi fix could make possible to connect on WPA Enterprise PEAP MSCHAPv2? Because it's not possible now, I can connect to all wifi spots but PEAP MSCHAPv2 (wifi of my university).

Many thanks for this!

It will work for it, however this is stock so if it wasn't working at your university, I don't think it will work there if you apply this too. :S

Reactions: alenotario

alenotario

Mar 1, 2013
It will work for it, however this is stock so if it wasn't working at your university, I don't think it will work there if you apply this too. :S

Yeah, that's what I thought... I tried to fix this problem, but I still can't get it working there... I googled it, and found that the error is in the wpa_supplicant file, I changed the file with some I found on the internet, but I think that for it works, it must be the original file changed. Do you have any idea of how to do that? It's really bad not to connect in university's wifi, since I am there all day...

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Yeah, that's what I thought... I tried to fix this problem, but I still can't get it working there... I googled it, and found that the error is in the wpa_supplicant file, I changed the file with some I found on the internet, but I think that for it works, it must be the original file changed. Do you have any idea of how to do that? It's really bad not to connect in university's wifi, since I am there all day...

This may help you:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=15631

Reactions: alenotario

SerkTheTurk

Oct 25, 2012
Philadelphia
Error installing wifi fix

Hello, and thanks so much for your work on CWM! However, I tried doing the wifi fix and when I go through it it says

Code:
--Installing: /sdcard/download/wlanfix-signed.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
E:Error in /sdcard/download/wlanfix-signed.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

I've tried to flash the kernel again, and it still doesn't work.

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Hello, and thanks so much for your work on CWM! However, I tried doing the wifi fix and when I go through it it says

Code:
--Installing: /sdcard/download/wlanfix-signed.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
E:Error in /sdcard/download/wlanfix-signed.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

I've tried to flash the kernel again, and it still doesn't work.
Yea I think it's a problem with the update-binary, Just uploaded a new zip.

baruch6132

May 18, 2012
Memphis
5th!!!!
lol

Well done, Zaclimon !! Thanks!!
And thanks also at people who helped you :D

How you get a white one?! So not fair! Ugh.... Annoying America doesn't get anything good....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Next project: implementing this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2106849 into cwm kernel

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright guys here's the time, finally!! Here's the kernel with the CWM support for the 4.2.

Disclaimer

I'm not resposible for anything that happens to your device because YOU AND ONLY YOU decided to do these changes.

If your wifi isn't working, please flash the fix below

Features:
    Based on the XXLF1
    Insecure
    CWM 5.0.2.7
    Stock Kernel

Download:

Kernel Download

Fix for the wifi

Wifi fix download

Instructions:
    Flash the kernel tarbal with odin (re-partition unchecked) or the normalboot.img with heimdall. For the wifi fix, flash it through CWM.

Sources:
    Initramfs Source (I just have modified the initramfs nothing else.)

Zebluk for the rom dump
    Baruch6132 and Ozelot64 for testing
    ganeshbiyer for some scripts I used
    Entropy512 for the CWM initramfs template
    DooMLoRD for helping
    So no ones working on it :/

Sent from my YP-GI1 using Tapatalk 2

I will probably buy one and start work in June, but I have school until then.
    Here's a screenshot (for proof) by baruch6132 and ozelot64
    I'm all about testing. I have tried compiling Androthan's 4.2 kernel. It will not compile. I have also worked with the 3.6 that he modified and tried going file by file replacing things needed. I am almost there with this way. I have a list of things on my plate at the moment and haven't gotten around to finishing the setup. I get it to compile up to what I think is 80%. I should soon have it figured out though. Once I do, I intend on taking the source and posting on github so I can compile it. As for testing, that is one of the reasons I am here. I know how to recover from things and have all the necessary files to do so. Please if you don't mind, any help is appreciated.