• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Kernel] 4.4.2 [Stock Rom] SimpleKernel v6 [D80x/LSVS980/F320] [7-05]

Search This thread

dr87

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2013
Simple Kernel
For 4.4.2 stock based roms and stock variants

- Based on Stock LG 4.4.2 Kernel

- Thermal control (Bricked)

- Mpdecision replacement (Franco Mako Hotplug)

- A single, well tuned interactive governor based on CAF source, not bloated with tons of govs. Still contains performance gov for users who need it

- Tuned frequency control, cores will not max, boost or turn on unless needed. This saves battery without losing performance,

- CAF touch boost driver (Will ensure cores do not go crazy when touching screen like stock)

- Voltage Control

- Many improvements (see git)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ

Can you add "x" governor?
I will not add additional governors. The goal of this kernel is a simple, fast smooth kernel with one well tuned governor that works as intended. There is no advantage for me to add additional governors to my kernel, only downsides.

Why are 2 cores online all the time?
The hotplug I am using uses 2 cores online. Leaving 2 cores online while the screen is on is more efficient on both battery and performance rather than having the second core hotplugging nonstop.

Warning on undervolting - It's not worth the stability loss. Since LG introduced the 4.4.2 kernel they switched the power drivers and the new drivers are much more sensitive to reduced voltages. If you undervolt do not report stability issues or reboots. This was not implemented by me, it was done by LG in our new kernel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads

Current Downloads
JDI automatically detected, DO NOT FLASH ANY PANEL SWAP ZIPS

If your rom does not support knock code, download a no knock code version in the "NoKnock" Subfolder. If any touch issues, you may need to update touch firmware on the secret dialer menu.

Source

Code:
Changelog ([I]All specifics found on my git[/I])

V6.0

Automatic JDI detection - DO NOT FLASH PANEL SWAP ZIPS
OC and Non OC kernels merged
Switch to bricked thermal control
Bootloops due to temp shutdown should be fixed
Knock code should work on all variants - let me know if a variant doesn't work
Sync my Gov's - Hotplug up to franco's kernel
Fix an issue where the camera and flash would close / switch slowly
Many GPU updates
You should be able to see the correct GPU freq in apps like trickster
Thanks @Cloudyfa for the ramdisk updates

Known Issues : No GPU underclocking

V5.0

Revert the power efficient workqueue commits
Fixed a bug where you would get throttled to 1.5ghz at 59c
Add another LS980 test kernel
Few other minor fixes found on git

V4.0:

Hotplug and Interactive settings returned to v1 (Until franco figures out the issues with his changes)
Use power efficient workqueues (supposed to be better on battery)
Screen should turn on a bit quicker after knock on / power button
Add a 345mhz step for users who may get audio glitched on 300mhz with certain apps
RGB control is now functional, you can use trickster to adjust it
Added VS980 Support

V3.0

[I]All specifics found on my git[/I]

Add exfat support to all devices
Hotplug updates
Governor updates
CPU related changes/improvements to properly support new updates 

Fixes:
Reverted a commit causing lag issues in v2
A few modules had to come back
Re-enabled Westwood TCP

V2.0

Overclocked kernel variants (2.5ghz)
Hotplug and touchboost tuning
Add exfat support for F320
[/CENTER]

Last edited:

Floodland

Aug 29, 2011
Buenos Aires
D802 version working good for D806. First custom Kernel for Stock Kit Kat, congratulations!!

Is Interactive the best choice for Governor? Let's see...
I see "Multicore Power saving" set to "2" by default, wouldn't that setting degrade our phones performance? Could not find the exact effect for that one, but stock kernels use to be "0".

Thank you dr, much appreciated!

dr87

Apr 22, 2013
D802 version working good for D806. First custom Kernel for Stock Kit Kat, congratulations!!

Is Interactive the best choice for Governor? Let's see...
I see "Multicore Power saving" set to "2" by default, wouldn't that setting degrade our phones performance? Could not find the exact effect for that one, but stock kernels use to be "0".

Thank you dr, much appreciated!

Hah, this interactive is really good, the freqs are controlled very well and don't jump all over. It also doesn't turn on additional cores if they aren't needed. I had to remove LG's cpuboost driver to have stable control of gov's in general on 4.4.2 kernel. I'm not sure why they added this driver anyway it makes freqs go crazy.

As for multi-core its "ok" when you use a standard hotplug with 1 core online. Mako hotplug has 2 cores plugged on with screen on so the change actually works out well, you are free to experiment with turning it to 0 or 1 but I have found 2 to work best with no performance hit.

Z0ld3n

Mar 18, 2012
Warsaw
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Reactions: Galaxy Latino

Galaxy Latino

Oct 23, 2012
Thanks

Thanks!!! finally i can install Kit Kat Custom Roms in my LG G2 D801/803 variant... is NOT the D801 T-Mobile variant, is the Puerto Rico Claro variant that is like the D803

Attachments

• Screenshot_1970-01-10-10-12-13.png
    Screenshot_1970-01-10-10-12-13.png
    146.4 KB · Views: 1,605

jcmaddox1

Aug 23, 2011
Lexington
cloudypro 2, v1.2, bootloop on d800. For some reason the first time it booted fine, everything was working well except Ultimate Dynamic navbar couldnt be triggered, so I rebooted, and it threw itself into a bootloop. I thought maybe it could be Xposed, so I used the recovery method of disabling it, still no go. Could not get a logcat.

dr87

Apr 22, 2013
cloudypro 2, v1.2, bootloop on d800. For some reason the first time it booted fine, everything was working well except Ultimate Dynamic navbar couldnt be triggered, so I rebooted, and it threw itself into a bootloop. I thought maybe it could be Xposed, so I used the recovery method of disabling it, still no go. Could not get a logcat.

Could be xposed, need more testers. Had d800 confirmed working here and by PM. The kernel wouldn't stop your navbar from working.

jcmaddox1

Aug 23, 2011
Lexington
Could be xposed, need more testers. Had d800 confirmed working here and by PM. The kernel wouldn't stop your navbar from working.

It didn't stop the stock navbar - It stopped Ultimate dynamic navbar from being triggered when i swiped from the bottom of the screen. It was strange. I'm going to do a fresh install and see if that changes anything

lok0919

May 8, 2010
Hong Kong
Does it support F320S?
I only found F320K from the download link.
What do I need to provide if want F320S get support? Thanks.

snowlin

Sep 21, 2010
San Diego
Working great for me so far. Running stock Kit Kat with xposed on D801

?

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple Kernel
    For 4.4.2 stock based roms and stock variants

- Based on Stock LG 4.4.2 Kernel

- Thermal control (Bricked)

- Mpdecision replacement (Franco Mako Hotplug)

- A single, well tuned interactive governor based on CAF source, not bloated with tons of govs. Still contains performance gov for users who need it

- Tuned frequency control, cores will not max, boost or turn on unless needed. This saves battery without losing performance,

- CAF touch boost driver (Will ensure cores do not go crazy when touching screen like stock)

- Voltage Control

- Many improvements (see git)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ

Can you add "x" governor?
    I will not add additional governors. The goal of this kernel is a simple, fast smooth kernel with one well tuned governor that works as intended. There is no advantage for me to add additional governors to my kernel, only downsides.

Why are 2 cores online all the time?
    The hotplug I am using uses 2 cores online. Leaving 2 cores online while the screen is on is more efficient on both battery and performance rather than having the second core hotplugging nonstop.

Warning on undervolting - It's not worth the stability loss. Since LG introduced the 4.4.2 kernel they switched the power drivers and the new drivers are much more sensitive to reduced voltages. If you undervolt do not report stability issues or reboots. This was not implemented by me, it was done by LG in our new kernel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads

Current Downloads
    JDI automatically detected, DO NOT FLASH ANY PANEL SWAP ZIPS

If your rom does not support knock code, download a no knock code version in the "NoKnock" Subfolder. If any touch issues, you may need to update touch firmware on the secret dialer menu.

Source

Code:
    Changelog ([I]All specifics found on my git[/I])

V6.0

Knock code should work on all variants - let me know if a variant doesn't work
    Many GPU updates

V5.0

Revert the power efficient workqueue commits
    Fixed a bug where you would get throttled to 1.5ghz at 59c
    Few other minor fixes found on git

V4.0:

Hotplug and Interactive settings returned to v1 (Until franco figures out the issues with his changes)
    Add a 345mhz step for users who may get audio glitched on 300mhz with certain apps
    RGB control is now functional, you can use trickster to adjust it
    Added VS980 Support

V3.0

[I]All specifics found on my git[/I]

Add exfat support to all devices
    Hotplug updates
    Governor updates
    CPU related changes/improvements to properly support new updates 

Fixes:
    Reverted a commit causing lag issues in v2
    A few modules had to come back
    Re-enabled Westwood TCP

V2.0

Overclocked kernel variants (2.5ghz)
    Hotplug and touchboost tuning
    Add exfat support for F320
    [/CENTER]
    Quick update today with the new kernel changes from LG + knock code kernel support
    Overdue update!!!

V6.0

Knock code should work on all variants - let me know if a variant doesn't work (roms that support it)
    CloudyG3 support
    Many GPU updates

Sorry all been working on some aosp stuff :good:

V4 is up!

Changelog v4:

RGB control is now functional, you can use trickster screen settings to adjust it (thanks @martindar for pointing out it was broke)
    Add VS980 support and LS980 test kernel.
    Misc improvements
    v5 is up

Changelog: Revert the power efficient workqueue commits (Didn't see a noticeable difference, do not want bugs)
    Performance wise the kernel is now V1 with a few extra features added after that release

Fixed a bug where you would get throttled to 1.5ghz at 59c (Throttle works properly now :good:)

Few other minor fixes

Hoping to get the new ondemand working well in v6