[KERNEL] [4.4] Werewolf kernel v008 [15/02/2015] SM-T210(R) and T211

Search This thread

MastetKitty78

Nov 15, 2018
thank you ♡

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

i appreciate the file but i cant download it :( it says a 404 error :(

give me a sec

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

thank you ♡

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

i appreciate the file but i cant download it :( it says a 404 error :(

how about this: https://gofile.io/d/Xebici

MastetKitty78

Nov 15, 2018
Thank you very much!! I tried to flash it on my T210 and it worked flawlessly, the overclocks were applied and its still slow but i can still see the difference!

Yeah mine even overheated and crashed, but it always had this problem. How about your WiFi? Mine gets 1 bar when it is 1 meter apart my WiFi router and I can't go far without it disconnecting. :( It's probably a hardware problem, but I really won't give my money on this tablet since I don't use it anyways.

sscsps

Nov 17, 2013
delhi
Yeah mine even overheated and crashed, but it always had this problem. How about your WiFi? Mine gets 1 bar when it is 1 meter apart my WiFi router and I can't go far without it disconnecting. :( It's probably a hardware problem, but I really won't give my money on this tablet since I don't use it anyways.
Try to open the tab up and see if you can extend the wifi antenna using a wire, would improve your condition. Look up for to do that on YouTube. Let me know how it goes.

Oct 30, 2016

I just ordered a tablet online since the battery's dead and will only work when charging.

I will definitely report my experience regarding my tab's wifi as thanks for reuploading the file

I'll update you soon!

MastetKitty78

Nov 15, 2018
Try to open the tab up and see if you can extend the wifi antenna using a wire, would improve your condition. Look up for to do that on YouTube. Let me know how it goes.

I think it needs a heat gun and stuff to get the screen out and open it up, and I am quite inexperienced with soldering. (if you need to solder the antenna on) I'll need to practice a bit more so I can have confidence in myself.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

I just ordered a tablet online since the battery's dead and will only work when charging.

I will definitely report my experience regarding my tab's wifi as thanks for reuploading the file

I'll update you soon!

Ok great thanks!

sscsps

Nov 17, 2013
delhi
I think it needs a heat gun and stuff to get the screen out and open it up, and I am quite inexperienced with soldering. (if you need to solder the antenna on) I'll need to practice a bit more so I can have confidence in myself.

No, heat gun is not needed just to access the motherboard, its needed if you need to remove/replace the display. the body of tab 3 is connected by clasps, take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lDOWB6els0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys

As you already might have read in either the CM11 dev thread or the Q&A section, I am working on a custom kernel for our T210(R) and T211. It's still in a pretty early stage, but the current build is fully stable, so I thought why not share it ;)

As I'm pretty new to this community, a few words about myself: My (only) device I have been working on is the LG Optimus 4x HD, for which I also made a custom kernel (also named werewolf kernel, who would have thought of that :p :D ). Me and 2 other fellow RDs were able to "switch" many blobs with the ones from grouper, which fixed many, many issues we were facing in 4.4 with the stock 4.1 blobs. I am the official maintainer of namelessROM and vanir for the 4x HD, and am also compiling GummyROM, LegoROM, unofficial CM 11 (using grouper blobs) and SlimKat for the 4x HD on a nightly base. And as soon as we have a proper device tree for our tab, I'm sure I can port the Tab3 to all those ROMs ;)

Now, enough chit chatting, let's talk about the kernel ;)
    It's based on @ketut.kumajaya's blackhawk kernel (thanks again, mate :) ) From v004 on we are based on official KitKat sources, with some additions such as:

Features:
    • Various network tweaks
    • Entropy tweaks
    • I/O speed improvements
    • cortex a9 and neon omtimizations
    • Added frandom
    • Tweaked vm dirty ratios
    • Dynamic read-ahead values
    • Added I/O schedulers: ROW, SIO, BFQ, FIOPS, V(R)
    • Optimized AES and SHA1 routines
    • Added CPU governors: Lionheart, Adaptive, Intellidemand, Hotplug, Hyper
    • Reduced RAM usage from logger
    • Updated lowmemkiller
    • Overclocked to 1.420 GHz by default
    • Disabled vsync for better 2D performance
    • Overclocked GPU up to 624MHz (default 416MHz)
    • Custom user voltage control (CPU)
    • Undervolted by default (-25mV)
    • S2W and DT2W (WIP)
    • Fast Charging
    • KSM

Bugs:
    • You tell me!

Installation:
    1. Download the kernel from HERE
    2. Reboot into recovery (recommended to make a nandroid)
    3. Flash the kernel zip
    4. Recommended to wipe /cache
    5. Reboot and enjoy!
    And remember to remove phservice if you want to change some CPU/GPU settings yourself ;)

Notes:
    See 2nd post

GPL:
    Kernel sources
    Kernel Modules (only for v001 - v003)
    Used defconfig
    Used build script

@ketut.kumajaya for the initial kernel base
    @gr8nole for general help, info and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
    Werewolf kernel SM-T210/T211, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

Contributors
    laufersteppenwolf
    Kernel Special Features: Tuned for best possible performance

Version Information

Created 2014-07-21
    Last Updated 2015-05-25
    Alright guys, the time has come... I've got a birthday present for y'all ;)

New version is up on my goo.im page.
    Some of you may notice that there is no "name" specified in the changelog (3rd post) unlike all the others. This is because I want you to find it ;) :p
    The name is hidden somewhere, you just have to find it and let me know ;) The person who finds it first can get access to a pre-release of the next version once it's done (but only if you want of course ;) )

And as usual, the changelog of this version:
    - Slightly more RAM from logger
    - S2W and DT2W (Still WIP)
    - Decreased min possible CPU voltage to 800mV
    - Undervolted by default (-25mV)
    - Fast Charge support

Regarding Fast Charging, please make sure to read the 2nd post carefully.
    Alright guys, a new build has just landed on the servers ;)

It's not that much, but still should give you a slight multitasking boost. It is also possible that the "auto-lock" issues are gone, though I have no idea what actually caused it. It's just a wild guess.

And the usual changelog:
    - Disabled zcache
    - Added KSM (including deferred timer to save battery)
    - Tweaked zRAM
    - New kmsg log layout (see 2nd post for more details)
    - Fixed kernel version in settings
    - Disabled S2W and DT2W by default

When you flash this version, please wipe cache, otherwise bad things could happen ;)

enjoy! :)
    It's online!

Hey guys, me again :p

V005 is online and waiting for you to be flashed ;) :D
    With this version on, we are also supporting the T211 variant. However, as I do not own the device myself, I relay on your feedback on what's broken/bugged/needs improvement.

And as usual, the changelog:
    - Added support for the T211 variant (thanks to @sscsps for testing)
    - Merged latest Sammy updates
    - Enabled I/O accounting (only needed for devs)
    - zcache enabled by default
    - GPU OC up to 624MHz (default is 416MHz)

Regarding GPU OC, I do not have a good comparison on how much it actually did improve performance, as I do not really use graphic intense apps, and neither does @gr8nole, so it'd be much appreciated if you could let me know of what you think.
    The current OC state is 624MHz, but I can easily go up to 702Mhz. However, I will only do so if it's actually requested by you.

Cheers!
    Tweaks and other stuff

Since v002, we have an updated lowmemorykiller. It behaves a bit snappier than the old one, also with the default minfree values. However, in case you like to tweak your device a bit to make it even more snappy (like me :D ), I tweaked the minfree values a bit to slightly increase the free RAM without really affecting the multitasking experience. The script can be found in the attachment. All you need to do is to extract the script and place it in your /system/etc/init.d/ folder and that's it. The values will be automatically set on boot.

UV interface
    The min possible voltage is 1000mV for now, and the max one is 1400mV. If you want me to lower the min voltage, please let me know.
    Also, please note, that the voltage has to be changed in 12.5mV steps. If you apply for example 1110mV, it will be rounded down to 1100mV.

Fast Charge interface
    The main interface is inside /sys/kernel/fast_charge/*
    /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge (rw)
    0 - disabled (default)
    1 - use custom mA configured through the sysfs interface (see below)

/sys/kernel/fast_charge/ac_charge_level (rw)
    rate at which to charge when on AC (1.8A to 2.3A)

/sys/kernel/fast_charge/usb_charge_level (rw)
    rate at which to charge when on USB (0.5A to 1.0A)

/sys/kernel/fast_charge/failsafe (rw)
    0 - disabled - allow anything up to 2.3A to be used as AC / USB custom current (USE WITH CAUTION!)
    1 - enabled - behaviour as described above (default)

/sys/kernel/fast_charge/version (ro)
    display fast charge version information

New kmsg layout
    From v008 onwards the kmsg looks a tiny bit different. Instead of displaying the time since boot, it logs the actual time and date.
    Now, you may ask yourself: "does that any good?" Sure it does. When you encounter an issue and grab a log, you can send it my way saying "the issue happened at 15:35". It is way harder to find out the exact time (in seconds) since the device booted, right? ;)